ShopHQ.com

ShopHQ.com

Pros

Cons

Love their value pay

I have shopped with Shop NBC for over 3 years.  They are good with returns except with their high ticket items.  The don't seem to give good customer service for items over 500.00.  I will say that I love their value pays.  Great over the holidays!  They don't charge sales tax and they offer free shipping frequently.  I have bought many jewelry items, (stay away from the diamond jewelry though because the diamonds are of a poorer quality.)  But other jewelry they offer is of a good quality.  They do overstate the retail prices, though.I have bought a computer, camcorder, purses, bedding, and lots of jewelry.I will continue to buy from them frequently.

Value Pay Mislead

I shopped with Shop NBC in the past. And I purchased a spa in the box. Was pleased to be offered the option to pay with value pay. And might I mention the value of this item. In the range of $1400.00. I paid this in 5 monthly installments. But most recently I wanted to purchase the Acer Aspire One 8.9 laptop notebook computer. It was being offered on six value pays of $99.00. I was astonished and thought what a great deal. Given a three year warranty.Item#V50947. So I placed my order. And in addition I ordered a wireless printer to go with it.Also offered with three value pays of $16.65.They charged my credit card for both items. And sent out the wireless printer in two days.As I followed up on tracking the acer notebook, I see they canceled my order for the notebook.So I call customer service. Only for them to tell me I was not elligable for value pay. I purchased from them in the past and fufilled my obligation. And since they approved value pay for printer. Why not the Acer notebook? Customer service could not explain. But proceeded to tell me I can not purchase anything else for six months. what good is a wireless printer, with out the computer.I never heard of such business tatics.And to top it all off. They still charged my credit card. Knowing they canceled my order. It is now 10 days!.No refund!! I will never shop with Shop NBC again. I think they reel customers in by offering value pay. And then cancel your order and get you to pay full price upfront.That is shamefull. Beware!! Save yourself the headache.

Not What It Used To Be

from Potomac, MD

Comments about ShopHQ.com:

First there was valvision, then shopnbc.com and now we have ShopHQ.com. With each change, the quality has declined, the vision has changed and the customer service has remained unerringly terrible. Many of the jewelry designers that could be found on this site are gone. Those that remain have substituted silver or 18 kt gold plate bonding over silver. I bought thousands of dollars of spectacular jewelry on this site before 2005. The recession hit this dot com hard. The price of gold surged and the stunning items they once offered were taken out of rotation. Charles Winston is gone. Signity which is a truly believable substitute for diamonds is gone. The Invicta watch collection remains solid, but you can find Invicta everywhere and often at better prices. The clothing offerings are a mish mash of ugly and uglier and those designers that do still sell on ShopHQ.com seem to be cast offs from other home shopping networks. The 6 valpays is a really good deal, but every time I pull this page up, ShopHQ claims that this is the final day for the 6 payment option. Yet the next day it is still available. I believe that the FTC might be interested in this questionable advertising. This site once concentrated so heavily on jewelry that home, kitchen, fashion, beauty are after thoughts. Shipping is rarely free, though they do not charge tax on purchases shipped to my state. Items are generally well prepared for shipping.

• Shipping and Returns:

A fun place to shop, and overall good service and merchandise!

Comments about ShopHQ.com:

Most items are good quality, however from time to time I receive items that have clearly been customer returns. I don't like that! Does not seem to happen much, but once is enough. They have nice quality and I like the value pay offers. Also shipping is fast.

Some issues using their mobile site, it does not seem to let me place an order or update credit card info. I have to switch back and forth from full site back to mobile, that will usually work.

Product Selection
I like their product selections and items, but they usually sell out quickly when they have a good deal going, then it seems to come back in stock once the price is back up agian. what's up with that???

Product Pricing
usually decent, but not their shipping fees. They never combine shipping like all other places do. I was once going to place an order and had some really great deals, and some full price items. My shipping was almost $100.00!!! Their cust serv rep was real rude about offering a deal or coupon to help, so I just cancelled my entire order that time.

Customer Service
They are usually pretty good trying to help, but they have a few who don't really know what they are doing, seems I know their policies better than some of the reps do. Also it seems sometimes the reps are not on the same page with each other....you can talk to one and they will say "NO" "NO" "NO" then you call back and talk with another rep about the same issue and they are so eager to help, and they say "of course I can do that for you!".

Shipping and Returns
I've only had a few minor issues with returns. They are almost always quick and accurate to credit me. It used to be worse when returning for an exchange becuase they would never process my new item. Now that are great with doing that! And if they don't do it you can call them and they will help you with it over the phone. They have AWESOME shipping!! Always fast and accurate for me!

Rip off on returns

Comments about ShopHQ.com:

Once they get your money they just ignore you

Limited

Customer Service
They just do not respond to you. You are ignored

Shipping and Returns
Ripped off money on return and ignored when I complained I will never deal with them again. Extremely poor customer service. They really don't have any customer service

Electric fireplace entertainment center

Comments about ShopHQ.com:

Very poor quality, received with dents and dings in the wood and one piece completely snapped in half.

Extremely hard to assemble and broken on top of everything!

Product Selection
Few within the 500-600 dollar range. For the price, the quality was not even 100 dollars worth.

Product Pricing
Expensive especially for quality.

Customer Service
Have been waiting on my refund now since October, still no refund. Customer service is terrible and at times impatient!

Shipping and Returns
Expensive shipping and still have not received refund from a month ago! Now I have no product be it has been returned (ups tracking proof) and I'm out the money bc Shop HQ hasn't refunded me. Will never shop there again Nd would never recommend it to anyone!

Average shopping site

from Utah

Comments about ShopHQ.com:

I was looking for Zumba kids for Xbox 360 for a gift, and in searching for it I found it on shophq.com. It was a decent deal on here, so I went ahead with it. But in looking at a lot of their products and prices, it seems like an average site that doesn't have anything separating it from most other shopping sites. It can have good deals on some things, but nothing about it jumps out at me and makes me want to shop here as opposed to someplace else.

It's easy to find the category that you're looking for (whether narrowing by type of product or brand of product). Once you reach the general category, it's not hard to make a choice because there aren't a ton of options there.

Product Selection
They do have a surprisingly wide variety of types of products (clothes, shoes, jewelry, electronics, etc). But within each category, the options are pretty limited. In some ways this can be irritating if you want something specific. But on the other hand, if you have a general idea (i.e., looking for jeans), then it can help not to have to choose from a ton of selections.

• Shipping and Returns:

Misleading quality of product and customer service

Comments about ShopHQ.com:

They're customer service level is lousy , I've bought from several online vendors and never had so much runaround with a company , first of all they mis informed and mislead on quaLity of tablet I bought , and and had nothing but runaround with my purchase , wanted to return and kept calling and never got a straight answer , and to top it off even their management was sooo rude , that explains why their reps are like that , in conclusion got penalized for their lousy customer service and nothing but rude people my recommendation is don't buy from them there are many other choices , I WILL NEVER BUY FROM THIS COMPANY AGAIN , I'm gonna make sure people I know , knows of my situTion , and I'm glad this site is available so I can help people from being mishandled , and for their management I hope they read this , because if they do that to me on a lousy tablet I would hate to see on a bigger ticket item , first and last time , KEEP AWAy from buying from these people .

Customer Service
As stated above ,very rude and very disappointed with even their supervisor attitude, I WILL NEVER BUY FROM THIS COMPANY ANYMORE ...

Weigh the prices

from Syracuse, New York

Comments about ShopHQ.com:

ShopHQ.com is not my favorite site to shop at online and, although I have made purchases from ShopHQ.com in the past, I prefer the window shopping better. There are some good things about the site but, I don't believe I have ever found anything on the site that I couldn't find cheaper elsewhere. The good parts of ShopHQ.com for me is the window shopping. I basically get inspired by the innovations and newest styles and then find them somewhere else much cheaper. Don't get me wrong, they have a lot of really nice, stylish designs. They have a medium sized product range, not too extensive but big enough. They also have a payment plan that many other online shopping sites simply don't offer to their customers. I also like their quick shipping and frequent communication about the status of your order and their general customer service. However, I constantly go back to the fact that their prices are not even close to being competitive. Overall, for me any way, I don't believe that this is the best site to shop at if you don't enjoy wasting money.

Shady

Comments about ShopHQ.com:

I wish I would have read the reviews before I decided to purchase any items from them. I ordered the PS4 with their value pay for 129.99 for 6 months. I used my major credit card for payment, which they charged me immediately. The next day I checked the status of my order; it said that it had been canceled. They canceled my order and still have not refunded my charges (it doesn't make sense). It should clearly state on their website what the qualifications are for purchasing items using value pay before a person submit an order and give them their credit card information. Because whats happening is they are taking peoples first month payment and then canceling orders because you don't qualify but they get to keep using your money until they decide to refund you YOUR money. It just seems like it should be against the law to charge someone for something knowing that you will be canceling their order. This company should not charge until they ship the item out. Next time I order from a site like this I will definitely call to make sure I "qualify" before i give anyone my credit card info!

I have had nothing but great experiences with ShopHQ.com

from Columbus, OH

Comments about ShopHQ.com:

I am a homebody and do most of my shopping online and on home shopping networks. But watching the home shopping networks can get very repetitive when they keep showing the same items for an hour at a time. So I turn to websites such as ShopHQ.com to buy things such as home goods, clothing, shoes, jewelry, fragrance and gifts. I'm not sure why some of the reviewers are stating that the value pay system has changed because it seems the same to me. Like all shopping network channel websites, they run certain specials on certain items and categories that change often. You can go on there at times and find, for example, a set of fifty dollar sheets and get it on three value pays. But the following week you may have to pay full price plus shipping and handling for the item. It just takes a little bit of dedication to the site to figure out their pattern. You can definitely still find merchandise in all the different categories under one hundred dollars for up to four and five value pay payments. That's better than credit and layaway! There are no hidden fees and you know what to expect because there are usually videos that accompany the product description on the website. I am completely satisfied with ShopHQ.com, formerly known as ShopNBC.com. There are great sales going on often and they have always shipped my items quickly and packaged the items appropriately.

no way

Comments about ShopHQ.com:

So I popped on to ShopHQ to see what they were offering for my holiday shopping. Was surprised when I was informed that in order to use value pay ( breaks up payment in 6 payments) they needed to pull a credit report? WHAT.???? They get a -0 since HSN and QVC lets me use the value pay option with a valid credit card and get billed each month. In this economy this is a plus and help out with the holiday shopping. ShopHQ has lost me as a consumer and I'll never stray from QVC again.