Other Bathroom Cleaners:

Scrubbing Bubbles Extend-A-Clean

Pros

Cons

Great Cleaning Power

I found this product when it was on sale a few weeks back and I have used it a couple of times to clean my very often neglected showers. Since you aren't likely to be a house guest anytime soon, I will even confess that I probably only clean my showers every 2 or 3 months so you can imagine they get pretty gross with caked on soap scum on the walls and foot grime on the bottom of the tub. The first time I used this product I went a little crazy with the spraying action and used about 1/3 of the bottle in one cleaning. But it worked. And it worked quickly and well! After scrubbing the bottom with a nylon brush for only a minute or two it was white again. A miracle by my cleaning standards. I had tried various other cleaners on my difficult to clean textured fiberglass tube and always have had to work really hard for pretty meh results. This was so easy to use and I couldn't believe how well it cleaned!!!

The second time I used a more reasonable amount and it still worked just as well!

I never would have thought I would buy this without a coupon or a sale, but now it is my go to shower cleaner.

Extend A Clean by Scrubbing Bubbles: Not bubbling over with joy

I love the idea of a spray on shower cleaner that extends the time between cleanings and have used some successfully.  The last time I was shopping for one my favorite was not on the shelf and I grabbed Scrubbing Bubbles Extend A Clean Power Sprayer as it was on sale.

My first thought was, "wow, this one has a batttery operated sprayer so I don't have have to keep pumping away."  This didn't seem very eco-friendly to me to have a battery in a cleaning product dispenser.  Sure I want something to do a lot of my cleaning for me so that I don't have to do a lot of scrubbing but I am really not too lazy to at least spray the cleaner if it means another battery and extra packaging.

I do see a real benefit for the continuous sprayer for  folks who have hand mobility problems and if this helps, then I think that is great.

Once I got passed the "I don't really want a battery operated cleaner," my next issue was the smell.  This stuff doesn't smell good.  Not only does it not leave a fresh and clean smell, it actually smells yucky.  After I used it my husband told me our bathroom smelled bad.  Not what you want to hear when you've just cleaned a bathroom.  Later on my kids said the same thing after I used it in their shower.  These little people don't seem to notice bad odors in general like wet bathing suits or socks left in gym bags, so when they say it stinks, there really is a problem.

The good news:  For awhile at least the continuous sprayer is pretty amazing at generously dispersing cleaner.  The extend a shower formula does really help to keep the shower cleaner longer.

More bad news: When you get near the end of the product, the battery operated sprayer doesn't work at all and I ended up having to take the top off and pour it all around.

***My Viewpoint:***  Scrubbing Bubbles extend a clean power sprayer bathroom cleaner works but the dispenser and the bad smell aren't for me.

Loved the Scrubbing Bubbles Extend-A-Clean

from Roanoke, VA

Comments about Scrubbing Bubbles Extend-A-Clean:

I am not sure that this product is available to purchase anymore because I have not been able to find it. But I really did love it and was sad to see it off my store shelves. I will list the couple of downfalls with it first. The main drawback for me is that it runs on batteries. It doesn't seem to drain them too quickly or "eat" them so to say, but with as many toys around here that I have needing batteries the last thing I needed was a cleaning product that needed them, too. It is nice, though, that you could buy the whole system one time and then just buy the refills for it from then on out. It is very easy to use and change the refills as well. But the best thing is that it works so well! And it does really seem to keep the grime at bay longer than other products do. I used this in my bathroom sink and in the shower/bathtub, and I noticed it considerably cut down on how often I needed to clean. That of course is awesome and worth every penny of it. I just wish I could still find it.

Scrubbing Bubbles is the Easy Way to Get Your Bathroom Clean!

Comments about Scrubbing Bubbles Extend-A-Clean:

I always use Scrubbing Bubbles Extend-A-Clean to get my tub and showers clean. It will clean up anything that is building up in the bathtub. It cleans soap scum right up and I spray it on my shower door and tiles, spray it in the sink and let it sit for a few and then just wipe it off and it takes off all the build up. It makes cleaning my bathroom a cinch. It also makes the sink and shower faucets clean and they sparkle after I spray and wipe. It has a smell that isn't bad and doesn't smell like chemicals as some other cleaners do. I like the smell and I would say it's clean and refreshing scent. Does a great job.

It does a really great job cleaning up the bathroom. It eliminates grime and soap scum. If you have really bad build up you may have to use a couple of applications.

For a bathroom cleaner I think it smells pretty good. It's not an overbearing smell, but is refreshing and provides a clean scent in my bathroom.

loved, but can't find

from Pittsburgh, PA

Comments about Scrubbing Bubbles Extend-A-Clean:

i really, really loved the extend-a-clean with the automatic sprayer. one bottle usually lasted quite a while, and the bathtub typically stayed clean for over a week - cleaner than using the regular scrubbing bubbles foam. and, given that i have fingers that are somewhat mildly arthritic, the automatic pump thingie was great. however, i now have trouble to find the refills - they no longer stock them where i shop - i can only find a regular spray bottle, which cramps my hand and doesn't work as well around the bathtub. i went back to the regular scrubbing bubbles foam, but it doesn't seem to keep the tub as clean as the extend-a-clean does.

Great product

from Galveston, TX

Comments about Scrubbing Bubbles Extend-A-Clean:

I actually used Scrubbing bubble extend a clean today after not using it for a while. The bathroom that has lime scale problems is my husbands bathroom which I usually dont clean but decided to today just to play with the Scrubbing bubbles bottle. I say play with because it has a neat automated sprayer which is fun to use but does require batteries. I used up the last of the bottle spraying all over the shower door left the bubble and the lime scale dissapeared it worked better than I had remembered it working and it did not smell as harshly as I remembered. I would reccomened this for anyone who does not like scrubbing, it is so easy and fun to use you could probably talk a teenager into using the product to clean their shower. My only problem is it is a wee bit pricer than I would like but it really does a great job on tough lime scale and that coupled with the easy of use and novelty factor make it a buy.

Love, Love this product!

from Greenville, SC

Comments about Scrubbing Bubbles Extend-A-Clean:

I have only used this a few times. But I absolutely love it! I wish it didn't cost so much, because it would be the only thing i would use for my shower if it was cheaper. The last time i tried to find it in the store, I could not, so maybe it isn't available anymore. I love the fact that all i had to do was spray and let it go. There was no scrubbing involved. I just had to rinse my shower w/ water afterwards! I am a mom, so anything quick and easy is always a plus for me!

Best of the shower cleaners I've tried.

from Palm Springs, CA

Comments about Scrubbing Bubbles Extend-A-Clean:

I'm always willing to try a new product especially if it helps me do something I abhor as much as cleaning the shower and tub.  I tried the Scrubbing Bubbles Foam and it was ok, especially on the rubber mat, but I still had to scrub.  I had a coupon to try this product so of course I'm going to get it.  Glad I did.  I'm bad about cleaning the tub because I always take showers.  I discovered a thick layer of soap scum all around the edges.  I sprayed this product and waited just a couple of minutes.  I started to scrub it and realized that I didn't really need to do much.  My shower hasn't been this clean in a long time.  Even the gunk under the shampoo bottles came off with hardly any fuss.  The only thing is that it has a very strong smell while you're spraying it but nothing when you're wiping it down.  I actually used the hand held shower head to clean the walls.  I do have a fiberglass shower.  No caulking.  The fiberglass actually sparkles again.  I would definitely use this product again.  It's so easy I'm sure I'll be cleaning the shower a lot more now.  LOL.

I still say this is the best shower/tub cleaner of all. I have even used in for the toilet and for the sink. It all works beautifully.

It has a pleasant odor when you finish. You do have to be careful when spraying it if you don't have ventilation, such as a window, because it is strong.

Scrubbing Bubbles Extend-A-Clean makes everything so shiny

from Archer, FL

Comments about Scrubbing Bubbles Extend-A-Clean:

I'm a Bzz agent and I received Scrubbing Bubbles Extend-A-Clean as a product to test for a Bzz campaign.  I received a power sprayer and two refills.  The power sprayer is really nice.  You don't have to keep pumping the trigger.  Just depress and it automatically keeps spraying until you let it go.  The first thing I noticed when using this product is the fresh, clean smell.  It smells really nice.  It cleans pretty well.  It got off the soap scum and I didn't have to scrub as hard as I normally do.  It didn't get off everything, some of the tougher spots are still there.  It makes everything really shiny, especially the metal fixtures.  It claims to keep cleaning for up to four days.  The metal is shiny for four days for sure.  As far as everything else, the shower lives up to that claim the best.  The sink and toilet, which get the most use, probably only hold up for two to three days.

I was pretty impressed with Scrubbing Bubbles Extend-A-Clean.  It works better than the original Scrubbing Bubbles cleaner.  It smells really great and makes everything shine.  The only thing I would change about it is to allow the sprayer head to adjust the width of the spray.  The wide width is great for the shower but gets a little tricky when spraying smaller areas.  I found a way to deal with this, though.  If you press and release the trigger rather than holding it down, you end up with less product on the floor.

I also found another great use for cat owners.  I used it to clean the cat litter pans.  It did a really great job with getting mine looking like new and smelling better.

One of the best bathroom cleaners

from Kuna, ID

Comments about Scrubbing Bubbles Extend-A-Clean:

Scrubbing Bubbles Extend a Clean is a wonderful product! I was not sure about it at first but when I saw a coupon to use it and found it was on sale so I could get it for almost free, it was just too good not to pass up! I have always loved Scrubbing Bubbles products and they are the only things I like to clean my bathroom with so that was already a plus! Once I got the product, I thought the continuous trigger option was great. Just having to hold the button made it so quick and easy. I also love that you can lock the trigger to keep it from being inadvertently sprayed by you or little ones. The smell of the product is also not bad as bathroom cleaners go. Now as for the cleaning part, I felt like it worked great. I sprayed it on, left it for a few minutes, and then wiped it clean with a wet rag! The entire bathroom came out sparkling clean and I definitely felt like it lasted until I cleaned the bathroom a week later. This is a product I would definitely recommend to others.

This works great!

The scent is a little strong, but not bad.

The Extend-a-clean means less Elbow Grease for me.

from Fanwood, NJ

Comments about Scrubbing Bubbles Extend-A-Clean:

Like a lot of other people, I have tons of half used cleaning products under my kitchen sink. I'm sure every last of one those products have claimed to make cleaning easier which is part of why I bought them. The Scrubbing Bubbles Extend a Clean was no different. I had seen the ads for it so I knew what it was supposed to do but then I had a coupon for it AND it was on sale at my local grocery store so I couldn't resist buying it. I added it to my under the sink collection. I ran out of one cleaner last week and decided to try the extend a clean.

The bottle is pretty serious. I start to squirt and the trigger just took over. My first observation was that the cleaner is alot thicker than most of my usual products so it didn't all drip to the bottom of the tub right away, it slowly crept down the sides taking a gross layer of dirt with it. I let it sit for a few minutes with the bathroom window wide open and waited for the smell to hit. It never came. My 6 yr old thought it smelled like Jello and I kind of agree. Stronger than Jello but it wasn't anywhere near as toxic as my usual cleaners. Scrubbing the tub was a breeze since the tub needed more of a wipe down rather than hard scrubbing. The tub has a nice shine to it in less time than it usually takes me and with less smell.

One week later and the tub is just as shiny as the first day I used the extend a clean. I can't say whether or not the battery power is what made the difference but either way, I'm happy with the product. I'm glad I bought two.

Extend-A-Clean easy to use and good cleaner

from Southaven, MS

Comments about Scrubbing Bubbles Extend-A-Clean:

I decided to try Scrubbing Bubbles Extend-A-Clean since it was on sale and I had a coupon. This is definitely a different type of sprayer. It is actually battery-operated using what looks like to be 2 double A batteries that are accessed by unscrewing the compartment on top of the part of the container that contains the cleaner. The battery feature is a negative for me. A positive (somewhat) is that the portion with the cleaner can be purchased as a refillable - the battery part does not have to be purchased again. It promotes to work for 4 days. That may be true for a shower, but I clean the tub with a lighter (more 'green") cleaner on a regular basis and use the Extend-A-Clean for a good onee-a-week cleaning. It does have a chemical smell, but I've used cleaners that have smelled more caustic. The sprayer has a lock and unlock switch. Unlocking it allows one to use the continuous spray with little effort. This may be a good product for people with arthritis or some other ailment that would cause them to struggle with this activity. I think the product is a good cleaner, but I prefer "greener" options - greener packaging and cleaner.