Other Bathroom Cleaners:
Comet
84919492

Pros

Cons

One thing leads to another!

In the process of all this unaccustomed domestic effort, I was poking around in the cabinet  under the bathroom sink and found an old, almost-empty **Comet Soft Disinfectant Cleanser with Bleach**.  You've got to love **Comet** in all its forms -- this is after all, one of the old-standby favorites which many of us have used for decades.  Even though I have been seduced by fancier cleaning agents for my bathroom, I still love **Comet Disinfectant Cleaner with Bleach** although I am not sure how it ended up in the bathroom sink cabinet when usually I reserve it for use in my kitchen sinks.

**WHAT THIS IS:**

**Comet Soft Disinfectant Cleaner with Bleach** is a light green "scouring" powder which you sprinkle on a wet surface and leave for five minutes, then scrub off and rinse thoroughly.  For its miraculous cleaning job, **Comet** depends on the active ingredient of sodium dichloro-s-triazinetrione dihydrate combined with the inert agents: calcium and sodium carbonates, anionic surfactants, quality control agents, perfume and color.

**MY VIEWPOINT:**

Procter & Gamble can be proud of one of their most famous products.  **Comet Soft Disinfectant Cleaner with Bleach** is biodegradable and comes packed in a cardboard-walled can which is made up of 75% recyclable materials.  There is a customer service number to phone for more information and also safety precautions which everyone should read before use.  To tell the truth, I think that **Comet Cleaner** of any type is more convenient and safer for home use when packed in plastic containers but it is a great product in any venue.  It may not work on all stains but it surely does a good job cleaning sinks and other fixtures and I recommend it.

Does a great job, sometimes on places where other cleaners would have no effect.

Okay for this type of product.

Comet is Inexpensive and the Bleach Kills Mold

Comet was a cleanser that my mom used for many years. She particularly used it for her sinks and tubs. I noticed that this **Comet with Bleach** was cheaper than many of the cleansers, so I decided to give it a try.

**What I like about Comet with Bleach:**

- It's less expensive than many other products.

- The bleach can kill mold.

- It doesn't have a strong smell, which is helpful for someone with allergies.

- It lasts for a long time and I suppose the container may be a bit more environmentally friendly since it is in powder form rather than in liquid form.

- It's easy to find in many stores.

**What I don't like about Comet with Bleach:**

- I used this on the sinks and toilets, but I was afraid to use it on the fiberglass tub. The older Comet tended to be abrasive, and I didn't want to take any chances. Some people have used with with success on fiberglass, so feel free to read their reviews on that.

- It doesn't have a good way to close the container. It has holes in the top that are covered by a piece of paper. I leave the paper part of the way on, but it would be nice to have some sort of lid that twists to close or something of that nature.

**My Viewpoint:**

**Comet with Bleach** has been around for years, is inexpensive (but some store brands are actually a little cheaper than this!), has bleach to kill mold, and will last for many cleansings. It won't do the scrubbing for you, doesn't clean every imaginable stain, and doesn't have a way to close the top once opened. Although I was afraid to use this on fiberglass, some people might find that it works well on a variety of surfaces.

Still does an awesome job!

from Sevierville, TN

Comments about Comet Deodorizing Cleanser with Bleach:

This miracle stuff will get anything off your shower. Soap scum, mold, you name it. I remember I rented a place once when I was young and poor, and it looked like the shower had never seen a speck of cleaning detergent EVER. It was one of the most gross things I had ever seen at that time. I went and bought 3 of these and proceeded to use it all. Because of how bad the shower was, I did wind up having to scrub my life away for a long while, but it was sparkling by the time I was done.

In today's age of wanting things done quick and in a hurry, this definitely doesn't fall under that category, because it's powder. You can't spray it on, leave it sit for a while and then simply use the shower head to spray it off. With this, you need to scrub a little bit, and then it doesn't come off that easy, but it most assuredly does its job (a lot better than those quick and easy ones, in my opinion) no matter what kind of job it needs to do.

Has a nice, clean scent to it, but it still smells like cleaner.

Plain and Simple

Comments about Comet Deodorizing Cleanser with Bleach:

I hope they never stop making this. It is a staple in my home and always has been. This is the best thing I can use on my large, tiled shower. Here in Florida, mold grows daily in the shower. So you can dry your shower every day, or just scrub with this cleanser a few times a week like I do. Just wet the entire surface you need to clean. Sprinkle this on and scrub away. Removes mold, mildew, hard water stains and anything else you can find in a bathroom. The only problem with using cleanser, you need a lot of water to rinse it away when you are finished. Works great, can buy anywhere and it is probably the cheapest cleaner on earth. This is even great for use outside on rust spots and dirty grill grates. We even use this on garage floor stains and driveway stains. Some cleanser and a scrub brush can remove just about anything.

Works every where you need to clean, inside and out.

Cleanser never has a great scent, just try not to breath it in while you are using it. Quite a strong scent.

Love this combination!

from Eastlake, OH

Comments about Comet Deodorizing Cleanser with Bleach:

My kitchen sink takes a beating every mealtime. The countertops are twenty to thirty years old and are well past their prime too. I used to have to first scrub then bleach to disinfect. Now, I can just scrub with this. I love the fact that I can disinfect the countertops and still get a nice good scrub. I used this in my toilet bowl and finally felt I got it clean enough!

Comet has always been my go to cleanser for kitchen cleanups. I love that I can disinfect my countertop and sink now. I used this in conjunction with one of the eraser sponges and it gave my kitchen sink a new life. I took this outside to clean off my debris from around my grill and it did a great job of that. I liked that it had the bleach in it because of the raw hamburger and chicken we always have around the grill.

I have always loved the way Comet makes your kitchen and bathroom smell like you really got it clean! I always give a few extra rinses when I use this around my kitchen faucet, just so there is no residue on my cups and dishes.

Old School Cleaner that Works

from Virginia

Comments about Comet Deodorizing Cleanser with Bleach:

When I buy cleaning products I find myself never sticking to one product because there's such a variety on the market. My mom used to use Comet Deodorizing Cleanser Powder form to clean our bathroom when I was growing up, and today I find myself picking this product up every now and again. When I clean my bathtub I need a cleaner that will cut through the soap scum and dirt. When I use Comet, I rinse the tub, sprinkle Comet all over the sides and let it set for 10 minutes. Then I use a sponge and wipe away all the nasty grim and it wipes clean. I have found that if I let it sit long enough the active ingredients in Comet really soften the mildew and scum in the tub and it wipes clean with minimum effort. Comet has a clean smell, nothing fancy but it's a decent scent that gives off the allure that the bathtub has been cleaned. Now there's a spray formula and I prefer that over this formula, just because it's less mess and the container closes. But overall this product has been around and does the job well, and for the price it's a good cleaner!

from Saint Petersburg Fl

Comments about Comet Deodorizing Cleanser with Bleach:

We've all used the old comet cleanser years ago along with the Ajax, Bon Ami etc. This is a good product made better by the addition of bleach which really helps. When you use this product in a toilet or a tub it really works two ways. One, it's an abrasive which will clean all of the gunk from the surface and the second is the bleach which will help get rid of all of the stains wherever they may be. On the tub or on the tile or in the toilet bowl. The deodorizer is designed to cover the bleach smell I believe.

It works like the old Comet with the exception of the addition of the bleach which helps sanitize and get rid of those pesky stains. I have nothing negative to say about this product other than it is abrasive so use with care. Remember it has bleach so keep it away from your skin and eyes.

I am not excited about the scent because it smells like they used a scent to mask the smell of the bleach which for me doesn't work that well. I would just as soon not have the deodorizer and deal with the bleach smell.

This product is always found in my house.

from Muskegon, MI

Comments about Comet Deodorizing Cleanser with Bleach:

Comet Deodorizing Cleaner with Bleach is a common cleaner I think found in most households. I generally keep this cleaner at home for use not only in the bathroom but the kitchen as well. If my toilet becomes to cruddy, I will use a little Comet Deodorizing Cleaner along with my Toilet Bowl Cleaner to scour it with my toilet brush. I use it for helping to clean my bath tub eliminating a lot of soap scum build up not only in the tub, but under the bath mat. Occasionally, I use it in the face bowl to help clean around the drain. I also use Comet Cleanser for scouring my kitchen stainless steel sinks to remove rust stains, grease or scum from them. I've used Comet Cleanser on the rims of my tires in the past. It helps remove a lot of the brake dust and grease from the tire rims.

It generally removes or cleans whatever it is being used to clean.

The smell is okay, but I cannot stand to smell a lot of bleach.

old standy

from MA

Comments about Comet Deodorizing Cleanser with Bleach:

I have been using Comet cleanser for over thirty years for cleaning and deodorizing my bathroom, as my mother did before me .
This cleanser really does a fantastic job at cleaning almost all surfaces because it is tough and gritty with bleach added to deodorize smells and kill germs on contact .
I always sprinkle some in my toilet bowl , wait about 10 mins and swish it clean with a toilet brush .
I have an old fashioned tub that has some rust stains from hard water and Comet does the trick in bleaching them out and removing any hard water stains and rings . It may not be safe to use on newer fiberglass tubs so be aware of that . Also , because it contains bleach do not. use Comet cleanser in conjunction with any other cleanser at the same time - not safe because it can cause toxic fumes .
You cannot beat the price of a large can of Comet cleanser - you can buy it for around 89 cents STILL around here at all times and it lasts a really long time as just a few sprinkles gets the job done . There's a reason it has been around forever - it works !

Classic!

Comments about Comet Deodorizing Cleanser with Bleach:

Comet Deodorizing Cleaner with Bleach has been around for a long time, and with good reason. It works really well for bathrooms and kitchens, especially sinks and bathtubs. I have used it on my bathtub for a while. I normally just use it on the bottom of the tube, not the walls since it's hard to spread the dry powder on a vertical surface.

Comet works well on bathtubs, especially in the corners where buildup can happen. I sprinkle whatever amount I need and then use a brush or cloth with warm water. I rarely have to scrub, and I've never had a problem with scratches.

I don't have hard water, and I clean enough that mildew isn't a problem, so I'm not sure how well Comet would work with those problems.

Comet doesn't have a very strong scent, probably since it is a powder and not a spray. I think this is a good thing. Cleaning a small bathroom with a strong smelling cleaner can be difficult.

A Must Have Product

Comments about Comet Deodorizing Cleanser with Bleach:

Comet is an awesome all around cleaner for the bathroom and kitchen. It is super inexpensive and does a fabulous job at cleaning sinks, showers, and bathtubs. The bleach smell can be a bit over-powering so it's important to turn on the fan in the bathroom or keep it well ventilated while cleaning. Also, be sure to not mix it with chemicals that would create a toxic smell with bleach. You don't need to use a ton of the product for it to work well. Adding a little bit of comet along with scrubbing it with water will do the trick and if you let it sit for a little while the germs and bacteria will be killed so you will have a super clean and sanitized area.

I recently moved into an apartment that had quite a bit of hard water stains in the sink and with a little bit of scrubbing with comet the sink looked like new.

It has a very powerful bleach smell which if you like that smell, you will like this product.

Long time User of this Product.

Comments about Comet Deodorizing Cleanser with Bleach:

I have been using this product for the longest time. I grew up in my parents home using this and it is now a part of my cleaning ritual in my own home. It is good for so many uses other than bathrooms and kitchen cleaning. I like that it can be used for many surfaces, and also as a de-greaser.

The is a go to product for deep down cleaning of certain things in the home. Even though it is typically used for the bathroom and kitchen areas of the home. I have used it on the garage floors for scrubbing the concrete that has been soiled with grease, oil and other fluids. I use it to clean the grout on my floors and I also use it for the grill rack. I works great on a number of different surfaces, without destroying those surfaces at the same time.

I like the scent of it, although I can not definitively say what the scent actually is. I like that you can tell it is Comet because of it. It is not overpowering and offensive to the nose either.