2.9

2.9

Pros

Cons

Foaming clean freshness

I'm surprised that with so many reviews it gets such a low number of stars. I think this product is great, especially for maintaining a clean fresh shower. You may have to use a cleaning sponge, but you don't have to scrub too much. I like the amount for the price. I also like the fact that it is not in a can. I don't have any major hard water stains to contend with so I can't advise on that. But I suspect it will still to an above average job. The Arm & Hammer Scrub Free Bathroom Cleaner smells great. The scent is not too strong or overpowering. And a little goes a long way. I've also found that if you spray it on and let is soak for a while, then dirt and grime cleans off easily. The fact that Arm & Hammer products are always of good quality made me purchase this particular cleanser. Also OXY is a good product also and works well weather in laundry on for general purpose cleaning. I love the foaming action and it gets in the cracks and crevaces where the scum and mildew are. Works fine for me.

The new formulation ruined what was an outstanding product

I used Scrub Free for years because it was a very cost-effective and very effective bathroom cleaner for our showers and tubs.  It cut soap scum and whiten tile grouts quickly and easily.Read complete review

However around May of 2009, the manufacturer quietly and discreetly reformulated the product.  The only external clue is the change on the back label.  The old formula has "sulfumic acid" while the new formula is made of "organic acids".

The change turned what was an effective product into useless junk.  The old formula, when sprayed on my shower stall grout, would quickly remove the soap scum and the grout would whiten up instantly.  The same process with the new product results in zero change; the grout remains dark and dirty.

A complaint to the manufacturer yielded a form letter not admitting anything, and two coupons for two free bottles of their product.  The new bottles were just as bad as the first two bottles of the new formula.

I will be looking for another bathroom cleaner from another manufacturer.  This new formulation of Scrub Free is useless.  It amounts to nothing more than lemon-scented water.

Works ok but not truly scrub free

from Pennsylvania

Comments about Arm & Hammer Scrub Free Bathroom Cleaner with Oxy Foaming Action:

I really like Arm & Hammer products. I had a coupon so decided to try Arm & Hammer Scrub Free Bathroom Cleaner with Oxy Foaming Action. It was ok but not at the top of my list. I think this is good for light jobs but not the super tough ones. Overall, if you have a lot of soap scum build up or tough stains I would try something else.

I think this would be better to use on a regular basis to prevent soap scum build up. I wouldn't try to use this to remove soap scum that is already fairly heavy. It is not scrub free. To be fair however, most products that say they're scrub free truly aren't to one degree or another. I like that this has Oxy in it because it's a good cleaning agent. I think this is good for light cleaning jobs but it doesn't have the same power as a scrub like Comet, Soft Scrub, or Tilex.

This doesn't have a terrible scent. It smells like most cleaners. It's not as toxic smelling as some bathroom cleansers. I didn't have to open all the windows to use it.

Arm&Hammer Scrub Free Bathroom Cleaner with Oxy Foaming Action

from Hermiston, OR

I am always skeptical when it comes to "scrub free" bathroom cleaners, especially the ones with the added "oxy foaming action". Because the price was right, I decided to go ahead and buy this product. I followed the directions on the back. I sprayed the cleaner onto my shower and bath tub area. I did notice there was no foaming up of the solution after it was sprayed on the walls. I left the room, came back five minutes later, and rinsed off the product that hadn't dried to the walls. There was no change in the soap scum being removed. I had to use a wet cloth that I applied some dish liquid to. I had to scrub the walls to remove the soap scum. On the plus side, the bottle itself is easy to hold when spraying the cleaner. The scent is pleasant in the cleaning solution. I used this product way back when, and had gotten completely different results. Since the formula change or whatever changes the company made, the cleaning power has become lost. The price might look good at the store, but when you get home, use it and find you have to use another cleaner with it, the product no longer becomes cost effective.

Not my favorite

This cleaner is good for some things, but not a general bathroom cleaner. I've found it can leave a weird film on things. My toilet seat and my counters can feel a little sticky - like a soap residue or something similar - when I'm done cleaning it. I still keep it around with the cleaning closet supplies for some stubborn stains that need to sit for a while, but I prefer using something else for general cleaning.

I don't think it's completely "scrub-free" as a cleaner. It is nice, as most Arm & Hammer products, that it's fairly gentle, which is great on your lungs and not an overpowering chemical. But if when I have scum, I still have to scrub it a bit.

It has a citrus scent which is nice and clean, but it smells like a fake lemon. I like that it doesn't have a chemical, burning scent that leaves your bathroom overpowered. However, the citrus is a little funky. But it does leave the room quickly.

I love this stuff!

from Nesconset,ny

Arm and hammer never ceases to amaze me. They always make great products and this one is so great, helpful, and easy to use. I bought this as a first time customer a couple of months ago just to try something new and to find something better than what I usually use. I seen the arm and hammer scrub free bathroom cleaner with oxy and I was excited to try it and yes it was cheaper than the other products I buy. I have three bathrooms to clean in my house so seeing scrub free on a bottle from a trusted brand made me very happy. It was literally as easy as spraying it on my showers and baths and waiting a little while. I literally watched it foam up and break through some tough soap scum I had, even in between the tiles which is very hard for me to remove. Once time was up, I had to wipe it off and rinse with water and it came off. Completely clean. It also left behind a nice lemon scent instead of a harsh chemical smell. It's great I love it and it's now added as a regular with my other cleaners. I would definitely recommend this.

Wonderful lemon scent

Doesn't work as well as I thought it would

from Wesley Chapel, FL

I bought this product because I like to use products that require minimal scrubbing and cleaning. I like the products to do the work for me. I like cleaning with baking soda and I know it is good for cleaning the bathroom, so I thought I would give this a try. I was disappointed when I sprayed it all over my shower walls and glass shower door. I let it sit for a few minutes and then went to wipe it off. I noticed that it did not foam up like it stated it would when I sprayed it. It also pretty much just dried quickly and made it even harder to come off. It did nothing for the soap scum. I ended up rinsing it off and using another cleaner to clean the shower. I ended up spending more time cleaning that I would normally and was just trying to save time with this product.

This product did not meet my expectations with cleaning my shower. I clean it every week so it is not like the soap scum is built up and I expected this to be the miracle product.

Not So Good

from USA, Indiana

I was expecting this product to do a excellent job with cleaning my bathroom. This product did not deliver the results I was hoping for. I have used this product on my glass shower doors hoping it would remove soap scum but this product didn't help at all. I also tried spraying down my bathroom tiles on the walls in hopes of removing mildew. No luck with eliminating that problem either.

In my opinion this product is only good for light duty clean up jobs. When u used this product to clean my bathroom sink and toilet it did have the appearance of being clean. I would not recommend this product if you are trying to clean anything that has soap scum, mildew, mold or hard water. Arm & Hammer Scrub Free Bathroom Cleaner with Oxy Foaming Action does not have the cleaning power I thought it would have.

This is a product I would not use in the future because it does not meet my expectations.

This product does nothing.

from Kansas

I purchased this product mainly due to the fact that it has the Oxy ingredient in it and I've always had good results with cleaning products that included Oxy. Well the Arm & Hammer Scrub Free Bathroom Cleaner with Oxy Foaming Action is pretty much worthless. It did nothing that water and a sponge couldn't do.

The product is average in price. I found it at Wal-Mart. I used the product in my shower. I sprayed it on and let it sit for a little while. The product smells like a typical cleaner. In the name of the product it says "foaming action" yet there was no foaming action occurring. It just went on like your normal cleaner. I wiped it off after a few minutes. It really didn't do much. It got rid of a little bit of mildew but that's it. I'm not sure why the product was so ineffective. It's just pointless to waste your money on.

I do not recommend this product. It doesn't foam as advertised and it doesn't clean.

Arm & hammer Scrub Free Bathroom Cleaner Plus Oxi Clean

from Saint Petersburg Fl

I have always been a little leery of scrub free cleaners. Especially in the bathroom doing tubs, porcelain and that kind of thing. When the gunk builds up, it's very hard to get it off even when you scrub. Well I finally found something that works almost as well as it advertises. It's not really totally scrub free but close to it. The Oxi clean helps bubble the gunk off. I still scrub. just not as much as before.

It works really well for not so tough residue soap scum buildup. I would recommend using this on a weekly basis so it isn't such an issue. Preventive maintenance is the key to not having to scrub so hard. As always, read the label as this product is caustic and hazardous and you don't want it on your skin or in your eyes. Wear protective goggles and gloves when using this.

I actually like the scent. Don't get me wrong. You can't be in a room with this product without ventilation but the lemon scent makes it a lot more bearable.

Arm & Hammer scrub free bathroom cleaner

from Sneads Ferry, NC

I work for a cleaning company and have tried a wide variety of cleaning products both at work and at home and one of the easiest bathroom cleaners I have tried is Arm & Hammer Scrub Free bathroom cleaner with Oxy Foaming action.
I use this cleaner at home in all of my bathrooms to clean the showers and bath tubs. It's very easy to use, I just spray it on and let it soak for a few minutes before rinsing it with water. It used the power of Oxy Clean to get off all of the soap scum and mold and mildew with no scrubbing required! It really saves a ton of time at work as well not having to strenuously scrub down showers.
The scent of this product is alright, it isn't the most amazing thing I have ever smelled but it does make my bathrooms smell nice and clean which is what I really look for in a bathroom cleaning product!
This cleaner is inexpensive as well which is also nice.
Overall, Arm & Hammer scrub free bathroom cleaner is a great product! I would definitely recommend it for personal or business cleaning!

My bathroom shines like a diamond!

My husband works in a steel mill, lots of steel dust and grease is brought into our bathroom. I must say I've spent hours upon hours scrubbing the bath tub and sink to get it out. I saw this on an end cap the the local supermarket, and thought, it's worth a try! I was pleasantly surprised to see that it cut through most of the grime, there was only a little bit of grime left that I had to scrub. It's the best thing I've ever tried! It also helps to get the hard water stains off my shower doors! We haven't had mold or any problems like that, so I can't say how well it would work on those. It has a pleasant lemony smell to it, it's not overpowering like most cleaners. It removes soap scum like a pro! This product does not kill germs, so I have to use a separate cleaner for that. It would be perfect if they added a disinfectant to this product. When you first spray it on it gets all bubbly then when you wipe it off, the dirt just comes right off with it! I do like that I don't have to scrub much anymore since I use this product!