Other MP3 Players:
SanDisk

Pros

Cons

• Battery Life:

Absolutely a better buy than the overpriced, less-featured iPods

This little gadget is hardly more than 1.5x1 inch, with a removable clip which if you remove it will bring the thickness down to abou 1/3 of an inch! The clip is there for you to slap it onto your T-shirt at the gym or somesuch.

Audio quality is first-rate, on par with an iPod.

OLED four-line screen has two colors and is easy to navigate. The iPod shuffles don't even have screens, and volume control is off-device, so good luck using your favorite OTHER pair of headphones.

It records voice for note-taking, can take FM radio off the air, and battery life is 15 hours, twice that of the smallest iPods.

It even accepts flash memory to expand the capacity beyond the flash memory inside of it. Flash is also shockproof, unlike hard drives, making this the ultimate workout MP3 player since you can literally do cartwheels and jumping jacks and this device won't skip a beat.

Locking mechanism prevents changing the state of the device--useful when exercising and preventing inadvertently pressings of buttons and such.

Lastly, this device plays FLAC, MP3, and even Ogg Vorbis files. It won't do AAC becaues of Apple's monopoly on that format, but boo to closed standards, and yay to open standards and the fantastically functional, cheap, and reliable Sansa Clip!

Bi polar battery

The SanDisk - Clip+ (4 GB) MP3 Player is great when it decides to hold a charge.  With my SanDisk - Clip+ (4 GB) MP3 Player I have yet to have the battery run for the same duration after any full charge.  Furthermore on mySanDisk - Clip+ (4 GB) MP3 Player  for some reason the random option is not that random.  When my SanDisk - Clip+ (4 GB) MP3 Player is in random mode for the audio mode it will always play two or three songs consecutively by the same recording artist.  Also the no repeat option with my personal SanDisk - Clip+ (4 GB) MP3 Player is never consistent.  My SanDisk - Clip+ (4 GB) MP3 Player will play the same song three or four times within a eight hour time frame.  That situation is of course contingent upon whether or not the battery on my SanDisk - Clip+ (4 GB) MP3 Player has decided to be actually fully charged and not bi polar.  The SanDisk - Clip+ (4 GB) MP3 Player Is ok.

It works perfectly for my needs.

Comments about SanDisk - Sansa Clip+ (4 GB) MP3 Player:

I love the size of this mp3 player. I go on walks a lot so the clip part is very convenient to hook onto my pants or whatever I want.

Sound Quality
The sound quality of this product is better, or matches, any other mp3 player that I have had.

It hasn't glitched on me or given me any problems yet.

Battery Life
The battery life on this product isn't as good as I would like it to be. I've had better.

I've dropped it a couple times and it still works like new!

It's very easy to figure out. All of the buttons make sense. I caught on right away.

It's not an ipod, but I didn't pay for one. It is pretty cute though.

• Battery Life:

Small, easy, but powerful player.

from Paola, KS

Comments about SanDisk - Sansa Clip+ (4 GB) MP3 Player:

I love this little player. I got this specifically to play audiobooks and it does a wonderful job. It is very easy to operate without having to grab the manual. The little clip on the back is very convenient. I also got a micro SD card to give it more storage capacity.

Sound Quality
The sound is excellent quality and has plenty of volume.

The only thing I don't really care for is that you can not select where to download the books, either the player itself or the SD card.

• Battery Life:

Great product and easy to use!

from Columbus, OH

Comments about SanDisk - Sansa Clip+ (4 GB) MP3 Player:

I love this MP3 player. I recently purchased this Sansa Clip+ to use at my part-time job at the library. I shelve books and love to listen to audiobooks while I work. This player is so easy to use, I was able to borrow audiobooks from the library website and load it to my Sansa quickly and easily. The sound is great and I have not encountered any issues with it at all.

Sound Quality
Great sound, good adjustability depending on the area I'm working in

Battery Life
I work 2-3 evenings a week for 4 hours each evening and I usually only use about 1/2 the battery life each week

I love the built-in clip. My old player had one of those skins with a clip attached and the skin stretched out & the player flopped around all the time.

• Battery Life:

Compact, clips and stays in place, and easy to use

from Pittsburg, KS

Comments about SanDisk - Sansa Clip+ (4 GB) MP3 Player:

This is my second SanDisk and I really like this style the best. The clip is great because it stays in place even when you move around. It is small and compact, but easy to use (all the features make sense)

Sound Quality
This is dependent on your headphones, but I can tell you that mine were mid range price and I think the sound it great

Easy to update with new songs and easy to delete songs you are tired of listening to

Battery Life
You do have to keep the battery charged by hooking it up to the computer, but it seems like it charges up quickly and lasts a reasonable amount of time

I haven't broken it yet

I am not a spring chicken and I still feel this is easy to use

I like the design even though it is small

handy little thing

from Roanoke, TX

Comments about SanDisk - Sansa Clip+ (4 GB) MP3 Player:

ive had this for 2 years and never had a problem. the clip comes in handy when im running and the battery lasted me an entire 10 hour hike. the voice recorder feature has come in handy, too ;) i would say the only downside is that it dosent have a ton of memory. that is easily fixable, though, with micro sd cards which arent at all expensive.

Sound Quality
not perfect quality, but great for the price

Battery Life
i am sure something out there has better battery life, but this is pretty great

oh, the number of times i have dropped this! it even fell down a mountain once (that was a fun hike) so glad it was at the bottom waiting and still working with barely a scratch!

i know nothing about electronics but it was far from difficult to figure this out.

• Battery Life:

This is an excellent mp3 player that is very easy to use.

from Ventura, CA

Comments about SanDisk - Sansa Clip+ (4 GB) MP3 Player:

It is very easy to use and is organized well, but sometimes it just freezes; I don't know if this is the product or my specific mp3 player. Other than occasionally freezing up, this is an excellent player!

The clip broke very soon after I bought it.

• Battery Life:

The Sansa Clip+ is great, but has its flaws.

from Eagle Grove, IA

Comments about SanDisk - Sansa Clip+ (4 GB) MP3 Player:

A while back, I was in the market for a cheap, simple mp3 player that that still had a decent amount of memory. 4 GB may not seem like much, but it's definitely enough for me. Since I have 1500+ songs on my laptop, I can easily just connect my Sansa Clip to my laptop and change out the songs at any time.

One of my favorite things about it is the battery life. I go to college about seven hours away from my hometown, and drive back home for a few weeks between quarters. The Sansa Clip has more than enough battery life to occupy the drive, plus it can fit hundreds of songs, so I know I more than likely won't end up listening to the same song twice (unless I want to, that is).

My only complaint is that the only way to charge it is to plug it in to a computer while the computer is powered on. Also, I'm not sure if anyone else has this problem, but I can't charge it using a Mac. I tried to during class one day and just ended up running out the remainder of the battery.

Its small and compact

from Holiday, FL

Comments about SanDisk - Sansa Clip+ (4 GB) MP3 Player:

I ;bought one of these Sansa Clip+ 4gb mp3 players because it is small and compact. You can take it anywhere. It offers a boatload of features like clock, timer, and FM radio all for a reasonable price. The sound is great and it even has an alarm on it. It is a very good looking, and good sounding Sansa MP3 player. You can create playlists, transfer files back and forth, and everything else you need to do when working with digital music files. The color screen is bright and attractive, and the menu system of accessing images, music, and radio is easy to learn and use. The only issue I have is that you can not view the clock without having to go through settings first. It doesn't just show up automatically. Also it was hard to find where the date and clock was when I first started using it. I would recommend the Sansa mp3 player unless you like to find out what time it is. Other then that it is great and inexpensive.

from Flora, IL

Comments about SanDisk - Sansa Clip+ (4 GB) MP3 Player:

This is a small mp3 player that you can take anywhere. Battery life was a surprise especially on road trips. I even have it plugged into the Harley and sounds great. I even bought a back up in case this one dies. The only problem I am having with this mp3 player is that it plays two of every song and not sure how to fix the problem unless I format the player and get rid of everything and load it up again. For the price it is a great mp3 player. Sound quality is good but nothing like the original cd.

I use it mowing the yard and doing chores around the outside of the house.

Instructions do not exist and you really have to figure it out on your own. Maybe they have instructions on web site.

I like the small size.

• Battery Life:

A great way to take your music along with you

from Pittsburgh, PA

Comments about SanDisk - Sansa Clip+ (4 GB) MP3 Player:

The Sansa Clip+ is a remarkable little gadget of an MP3 player.  To start things off, let's first start with the size.  This little bad boy is SMALL.  No really, the online photos should have a disclaimer stating: "Enlarged to show texture."  Some may say too small...  but not me.  I love it.  It has quite bit of built in memory, but it has a MicroSD slot!  That really is a huge selling point in my book.  You could keep a batch of standby songs, always on it.  Then you could swap out various MicroSDs as you desire.  Other features include audio recording and radio playback.  These do not interest me much, but they are nice to have.  Now for the comparision...  The Clip+ is insanely cheaper than ANY Crapple device.  A much better value really.  But what makes this little device so appealling to me is the fact that I do not have to touch iTunes!  Freedom!!!  To add songs, just plug the thing in and it is auto detected.  Loading song is a mere matter of drag n drop!  I love it!