Other MP3 Players:

SanDisk - Sansa 2GB Clip (black) MP3 Player

Pros

Cons

My little friend

I've had my Sansa Clip for a little over 2 years now. I had one prior to buying this latest one, but it stopped working. The one that I have now has been pretty reliable. The reason I bought it is mainly because of the clip feature. It has been very handy for me at times when I've been working out or just wanted to walk around while listening to my music. (The clip is now broken I think from my error...grrr. lol) I liked that I didn't have to hold my mp3 player while performing other tasks. The 2 GB space is perfect for someone like me that doesn't have like a million songs they want to download. I currently have about 350 songs and still have space. Hooking it up to my computer and downloading music onto it is very easy. I like that you can set a playlist on the mp3 player called a GoList. It makes it easy for me to quickly access the songs I like the most. An additional feature that I like is that you can listen to the radio. You can preset your favorite stations and you can also record songs from the radio onto the mp3 player, which is awesome! I really like the headphones that came with the mp3 player. They are very good quality. The sound comes through very clear and has a good bass level.

Sound Quality
The headphones that came with the mp3 player are very good quality and you can hear the music clearly and the bass is very good in the headphones.

There have been a couple of glitches here and there, but for the most part, this tiny mp3 player works pretty well. One issue I'm having is that the Recently Added feature, which lists the last 50 songs you've added to the device, isn't updating itself anymore. Also my GoList disappears and reappears from time to time.

Battery Life
The battery life on the mp3 player is good. It lasts a fairly long time from my experience.

For a tiny little thing, it holds up pretty well. The clip is broken on mine but I'm pretty sure it may have been from my error.

The menu items are fairly easy to use.

I think it's the perfect size for clipping onto your clothing when you want to workout and move about.

Sansa mp3 player - good bang for the buck

I received the SanDisk Sansa 2GB clip mp3 player for Christmas a year or two ago because the previous player I had did not have a clip, which I wanted for ease of use when running or working out.  I love this one with the clip, as that is what I primarily use it for.  The size of storage is fine for me, as I am not looking to have my entire music collection on my mp3 player.  This model is a great player for the price and has overall worked well for me.  I had difficulty adding songs initially but now add them easily.  I still don't know how or if I can make a playlist.  That, along with the sound quality, are my primary criticisms.  The ear buds I have may be partially responsible for the sound, however.  There is not enough bass in the sound and it lacks depth, making it sound really bad when the volume is increased (which is how I like to play it when running hard!).  But again, it remains a good value for the price range.

My little friend

Battery Life

The menu items are fairly easy to use.

Love my little Sandisk

Comments about SanDisk - Sansa 2GB Clip (black) MP3 Player:

I had to return the first one, but the replacement has worked great ever since. I love the sleep timer because I can save batteries if I fall asleep listing.

Sound Quality
I really believe it is the head phones that equate to quality, but I also got cheap headphones and I'm happy with the sound.

It does everything I want it to do.

Battery Life
I usually get about 6 hours before having to recharge.

So far so good. I've dropped it a couple of times and it still works fine.

You do have to memorize which button does what. I get confused sometimes but it is doable.

It is very small so easy to loose track of, but I like that it is light weight and fits easily anywhere.

Great for the price!

Comments about SanDisk - Sansa 2GB Clip (black) MP3 Player:

This is the only brand of mp3 player that I have ever used, and I love it.

Sound Quality
The sound quality is excellent if you have a decent pair of headphones or speakers (which is true for almost anything).

I'm happy with all the features of this mp3 player. I don't want a lot of bells and whistles, so this is perfect for me.

Battery Life
I was a little nervous when Sansa switched from the AAA battery to the built-in battery, but it lasts for about 8 to 10 hours on a full charge. If I do happen to let it run down, a 10-minute charge will buy me enough time to get in a workout. It charges from completely dead to fully charged within a couple of hours.

I use this mp3 player all the time. I use it for exercise, and I hook it up to external speakers. I usually need to charge it every night.

I like that it has "real buttons" and not a touch screen. The menus are pretty easy to navigate.

I absolutely love having the clip! As most women know, pants often don't have pockets so it makes it hard to use an mp3 player without some kind of arm band, but this one just clips on anywhere and stays put.

Practical and affordable

from Fort Lee, NJ

Comments about SanDisk - Sansa 2GB Clip (black) MP3 Player:

Small and long battery life. Plays as well as any other mp3 player. I've had this for over a year and it's working as well as the day that I got it. I've even dropped it on the ground, and although it has scratches and plastic pieces broken, it works fine.

Great Quality

from Ladson, SC

Comments about SanDisk - Sansa 2GB Clip (black) MP3 Player:

I love this mp3 player. I use it everyday when I workout on the treadmill- this little thing has been dropped, stepped on and snatched off without ever skipping a beat.

It holds a lot of songs and it is very easy to operate.

It is several years old and it works just like it did when I first got it.

Sansa Clip+ 2GB

from Sun City, CA

Comments about SanDisk - Sansa 2GB Clip (black) MP3 Player:

My husband bought this for me for Christmas. I've been loading it up with all my favorite songs and I've hardly made a dent since it holds 500 songs. This little player is great. I was astonished at the quality of the sound. It's like having your own private concert. I was able to distinguise words in songs I've never been able to figure out before. It's easy to download to, just plug it into your computer, download your songs and sync it and you've got your whole playlist ready to go. It was also very easy to transfer my favorite songs from some of my CD's. The screen is bright and easy to read and it's very easy to navigate. It's tiny so it's easy to carry. The only negative I found was the clip broke almost immediately so I've had to carry it in my pocket.

Portable and Works the Best

from Eureka, CA

Comments about SanDisk - Sansa 2GB Clip (black) MP3 Player:

This is the most tiny full feature mp3 player I have used. It may be the size of a large pack of gum but don't let the size fool you. It comes with an internal battery that charges by mini-usb and the battery will last about 10 hours, which means you only have to charge once each day for one full day of usage. The display screen is easy to read and fonts are large enough. It is easy to use and troubleless. I was able to hook the player to a computer and instantly the player will show up as a external storage device and I can load songs directly. The player is extermely lightweight, you can clip it anywhere and you will not even notice it is there. Volume is strong and there is no distortion in the sounds when volume as volume is increased. I've used this mp3 player daily when I go running and it has never failed to perform.

Sansa mp3 player - good bang for the buck

from Grand Rapids, MI

Comments about SanDisk - Sansa 2GB Clip (black) MP3 Player:

Who needs an iPod when they have this?

from Sarasota, FL

Comments about SanDisk - Sansa 2GB Clip (black) MP3 Player:

I've had this amazing little mp3 player for about 3 years now, and it's still going strong! First of all, its battery life is amazing! So many straight hours of listening to music, perfect for long car rides. I love the design: it's tiny, fits perfectly in my hand, with a beautiful display screen. When I first got it, I'd had no prior experience with mp3 players, but its so easy to use I figured it all out in about a week. It's also very easy to transfer music onto it, just like with a flash drive. 2 gigs is really all you need- it holds hundreds of songs. Plus, its sound recorder comes in very handy sometimes. It has FM radio, which works great, and you can even record songs from the radio (it saves money!).

There isn't much to not like about it, except that it's hard to make playlists on it. It does have a "go list" which holds up to 50 songs. Also, the earphones that come with it are not the best quality. Right now, I'm using skullcandy earphones and the quality is amazing!

Anyway, I recommend this to anyone who doesn't want to spend money on an iPod. It is completely responsible for fostering my love of music.

SanDisk Sansa 2GB Clip MP3 Player

from Elgin, IL

Comments about SanDisk - Sansa 2GB Clip (black) MP3 Player:

A beautiful little player.  And I do mean 'little'.  It's no more than an inch wide and an inch and half long.  Conveniently fits anywhere.  It has a clip, so that it clips onto anything.  The display lights up and is very clear.  My player is a bright red color and the LCD display is a vibrant blue.  The display lights up bright and is very clear to read.  Uploading music is very straight forward and easy, straight from PC to Sansa Clip.  No third party ITunes type required.  It's got 2gb of space, so anyone looking for a place to store a ton of music has it here.  It also comes equiped with an fm radio tuner.  Presets can be set in the tuner.  It even has a voice recorder, if you need to quickly record a note or message.  It hooks up via USB cord to the computer to recharge.  If it needs a full recharge it would probably need to be hooked up for about 5-6 hours.  It's just so convenient and little, I keep it with me, wherever I go, that way if I am stuck somewhere, I've got some handy entertainment.