Other MP3 Players:
Creative Technology
Creative Technology - Zen V Plus (8 GB, 2000 Songs) MP3

Creative Technology - Zen V Plus (8 GB, 2000 Songs) MP3

The Best small Mp3 Player with Video capabilities on the market

Creative has the very best Mp3 players on the market today. They may not have so many different ones but that is because they did it right the first time. The Zen V-Plus has all that you could ever want with various different sized storage. You can watch and store video clips, music and pictures all in one unit. The videos are very clear in a small window but compact is the way to go. You can also zoom in on pics. It is very hard to mess up anything by accidently pushing the wrong button. Also if you decide you don't want something on it it is very easy to delete that item.

This product does exactly what it is supposed to do.

I purchased this Mp3 player last Christmas using gift cards and Christmas money.  I have since set it away and have not touched it in months.  I am not a "techie" and I have not been able to figure out all the options for adding music to the player.  I chose an online service using the free trial, and since have cancelled my membership.  I did not realize that you need to "dock" your player and let in sync with your online service or you will not be able to continue playing the songs on the player.

I have added music right from CD and that has worked better.  However, I am not able to find an arm band for it, which makes it difficult to use while at the gym, or running.  I have also had to replace the headphones several times.

I would recommend it for anyone who is looking to save money - however, it is not an iPod - so it will not be as easy to find accessories that are made for it.

Creative Zen V Plus - great product

from Paola, KS

Comments about Creative Technology - Zen V Plus (8 GB, 2000 Songs) MP3:

If you are interested in listening to audiobooks, this player is great. I have been using it for a couple of years now and have listened to hundreds of books. I had a problem with the first one I got; the on/off button broke off but they immediately replace the unit and I have had no problems since then.

Sound Quality
Excellent sound quality.

I really like that it keeps your place in your book when you turn it off. The pause does not, however, so you have to remember to start it again before it shuts down or you will lose your place.

Battery Life
I have been using this unit nearly every day for over 2 years and it still has a good battery life, probably 6-8 hours.

I bought a skin to protect it and have dropped it several times, to no avail.

Very user friendly. The only thing I do not like is that in bright lights you can not read the screen AT ALL.

Wish they could fix the inability to read it when in bright lights or outside.

• Sound Quality:
  • Battery Life:

Ok for its price range and capacity

from Whitakers, NC

Comments about Creative Technology - Zen V Plus (8 GB, 2000 Songs) MP3:

I hve had this player for a year now and it has a nice storage capacity but the screen and controls leave a little to be desired.  I like the category features but the screen could stand to be a bit larger and the buttons more detailed and defined.  I am now looking into other creative players for better features and controls.

Creative Zen V Plus

from Norfolk, VA

Comments about Creative Technology - Zen V Plus (8 GB, 2000 Songs) MP3:

I bought this for myself a couple of months ago and love it. It is easy to download songs and to use. The price is so much better than the Ipod. I love that you can make playlists and pick and choose what you want to listen to. The sound quality is great and it is small and good looking. You can also pit pictures on it. I highly recomend it.

Just enough for what I need

from Smithfield, WV

Comments about Creative Technology - Zen V Plus (8 GB, 2000 Songs) MP3:

Creative zen v plus  with 4GB is great because it allows me to listen to only music I love and and have on cd's and cannot use cd's in the car. It works no matter where I am because there is always radio space available. Having the 4GB is large enough for me to list me favorite songs and never allows me to be board while traveling long distances. The sound is great and no distortions.

My daughter loves it

from Chapel Hill, NC

Comments about Creative Technology - Zen V Plus (8 GB, 2000 Songs) MP3:

I think this product is a good buy. Im not sure of the cost because it was given to my daughter as a gift. It holds a lot of songs and downloads really fast and easy. Its small and portable with a cute little desing. It occasionally freezes but not often enough to cancel it out as a bad product. It is simple to use and easy to understand and function.

Looks cool, but...

from Bettendorf, IA

Comments about Creative Technology - Zen V Plus (8 GB, 2000 Songs) MP3:

We bought the Creative Zen 1 GB mp3 player (orange) for my son's birthday last year.  The sound is great and seems to be user friendly, however, I don't think it holds as many songs as it says it should.  I am not sure exactly how many songs he has on it, but I know it is less than 200, probably even less than 150.

I LOVE CREATIVE!!!!! THIS IS A MUST HAVE!!!!!!!!!!

from Stillwater, OK

Comments about Creative Technology - Zen V Plus (8 GB, 2000 Songs) MP3:

I love this player!  I like to listen to audio books and it has features just for that use!  It is easy to us, all you do is plug it in the drivers are on the player and use Windows Media Player to transfer your songs.  It is small in size and easy to take along.  I purchased the extended warrenty from Creative so I have FREE PHONE SUPPORT for 2 years!!!!!

A fun little player

from Gilroy, CA

Comments about Creative Technology - Zen V Plus (8 GB, 2000 Songs) MP3:

I bought the blue, 4 gig version a while ago, and before my music library insanely grew, I liked this little player. And for a player this small, it had a lot to offer. You could change the backround to any picture you wanted to, sound eq can be customized, has a built mic thats records very good quality, it even has line recording which basically you can digitly record, and you need to do is plus it in any cd player, another mp3 player, or anything with a standard head phone, and press record to record any audio, and it records in wma format. It can be used as a USB memory stick, with a capacity up to 2 gigs, which it pretty nice. Fm radio is decent quality. It even has video playback, which I thought was suprising for a mp3 player this small, though the quality was mediorker for today's standards, and converting vodeo was a pain, so I really wouldnt recommend even touching the video option.

Great little player

from Brooklyn, NY

Comments about Creative Technology - Zen V Plus (8 GB, 2000 Songs) MP3:

This is a great little player. I got it refurbished on the Creative Zen site and it works absolutely perfectly without any scratches. It has an easy to use menu with good buttons. I love all the features that this little baby has and it has more than enough memory for my music. It has a small screen but that it expected for the size of the player. It shows videos nicely but I don't normally watch videos with it. I use it a lot to record my lectures since I am a student in college and it records well. It's a little low in volume but amping up the volume while listening to it usually works. I love the features that this has without the need of accessories. The programs the player uses is easy to use for the technological disabled and it's great to player. I lost mine but I love using this player that I would not fear going back to Creative Zen products at all. I hope anyone who needs an alternative to pricier players consider it.

Another great in the Zen V line!

from Lexington, NC

Comments about Creative Technology - Zen V Plus (8 GB, 2000 Songs) MP3:

I started out with the Zen V 1 gigabyte model, but as technology got bigger and better I upgraded to the Zen V plus. I didn't think I could like anything more than my liltte Zen V, but then I met the Zen V plus.

The Zen V Plus has everything I loved about my original Zen V, but with a nice perk-Videos! The video quality is amazing! I thought maybe it'd be hard to see since it's a small mp3 player, but the video is really high quality.

I loved the look of my pictures on the Zen V and still love them with the Zen V Plus. There's more room for more pictures which is great. Nothing like having pictures of friends and family when your away from home.

The battery lasts and last, and is really easy to charge in the car or on a work computer. I've never had a problem with the battery. That's a great thing for me because my iPod batteries would go out like crazy and that was a huge pain in the neck!

The Zen V Plus packs quite a punch for a small mp3 player. Plus it's more affordable than an iPod. I've owned a couple of iPods in the past and I'd pick the Zen V Plus over an iPod any day! The Zen V Plus is a great value for the money, you won't regret buying this little mp3 player!