Other MP3 Players:
SanDisk
SanDisk - e280 8GB MP3 Player

SanDisk - e280 8GB MP3 Player

I love this device

I have had this mp3 player since 2002 and I still use it over my ipod touch. It has plenty of space for music and videos. It has the ability to double as a recording mic, which I have used to create clear audio recordings. The really neat feature of this player is that it can record from live radio. I have used this feature to record a couple of late night DJ mixes over the radio that you will not be able to find anywhere. The audio playback is really clear and sounds just as good as it does if not better than on my computer connected to my z-5500 speakers. The built in EQ is really nice for making audio powerful. It gets around 20 hours of nonstop music playback. It has many playback formats ranging from pictures to movies. I have thrown some videos in here and the playback is pretty clear for the small screen along with good sound. The only problem I found with this product is that once I left it connected through the usb to an off computer and somewhat left the battery in critical. For a while it refused to charge or turn on. However after a good ten attempts I got through and reset the device using my computer. So to avoid this an easy fix would be to always remove it from the usb when you turn off the computer. Since then I have not ran into a single problem, everything works perfectly and the battery shows little to no loss in holding a charge. Overall, this is a really good mp3 player which i would choose over an ipod any day. I recommend this for people who want a great and reliable mp3 player and do not want to pay so much for an ipod, because IMO this is way better and does more! (which is not to be confused with my ipod touch which I only use for apps and portable internet)

Excellent and versatile

Wonderful little tool. I originally purchased one when my Zune was on the fritz as just a temporary fix til the Zune was returned. Oddly enough, I kept the SanDisk for much longer due to the neat customization that was available for the small but powerful mp3 player. Another amazing feature i found was the expandable memory disc cards that were available for the player, including preloaded cards chock full of many different genres and mixes of songs. I was floored by the idea and surprised it hasn't taken off and expanded out from the various sandisk players to the rest of the mp3 battleground. As far as sound quality goes I was a little put off by the low volume of the included earbuds but when replaced with a nice set of headphones the sound was nice and crisp. The battery is also something to crow about. I am pretty sure mine lasted about 3 days with no charge and a gratuitous amount of play time. All in all it's neat and useful for what it is. Still, it's no Zune.

Sanza e280 is a great player for MP3s and Movies

from Lone Tree, CO

Comments about SanDisk - e280 8GB MP3 Player:

Granted, there are many tablets and pads out there now that have larger screens for watching movies on the go, but before the larger screens came out, there was the Sanza player.  The unit has so many features:  Music player, voice recorder, FM Radio, Video Player - and I user them all.  Any MP3 player plays music, we all know that.  This player allows additional storage so you can fill up several memory cards and always have a fresh supply of music when you are on the go.  The same with videos / movies.  Even though the screen is smaller than the units available now, it is still very clear and watchable.  I have always been amazed at the picture quality of this small player.

The recorder has been a great addition to this player.  I use it when I go into meetings where I don't have to take notes or even if I do take notes, I now have a way of reviewing exactly what was discussed when needed.  It's small enough that I can keep it in my shirt pocket and it picks up even the smallest of sounds in the room.

I must admit that I haven't used the Radio much, but the few times I have I had great reception.

I have given these as gifts and would recommend this to anyone.

Battery Life
Can use on long flights (Colorado to Germany) and still have battery left

• Sound Quality:
  • Battery Life:

easy to use, good price, lightweight

from Four Oaks, NC

Comments about SanDisk - e280 8GB MP3 Player:

i love my mp3 player.  i've had several, and the sansa is by far the easiest to put music on and use.  the dial that spins on the bottom to select where to go makes it easy to move around on the player.  it holds tons of music, pictures, videos, etc., and even has fm radio.  no additional software is needed to use this.  it's lightweight, so it's not a problem to carry in hand or in a pocket.  great value for the features it offers.

Freatures Price and Usability are Awsome

from Aurora, CO

Comments about SanDisk - e280 8GB MP3 Player:

This is an awesome little player.  It has all the features of the IPOD without the price tag.  it blows away the Nano and is much more flexible.  The music can be loaded with Media Monkey, Windows Media Player, or by dragging and dropping.  It can support customizing by adding different themes to the screen.  If are you a real computer geek you can load Rockbox.  I have had the player for almost two years.  I did have to have my first one replaced because the head phone jack went out.  Working with Sandisk was pleasant and the switch went off without a hitch.  I did not even have to give up my player.  They sent me a new one and I sent back the broken one.  The sound is fine.  I bought a 1gb micro sd card and loading the music has to be done by drag and drop which is a bit of hassel but it works great.  The player loads the music and you don't have to switch between the internal memory and the card.  I wish it natively supported SDHC as 32gb cards are right around the corner, but with Rockbox this is a non issue.

Better than a Nano for the same price

from Hope Mills, NC

Comments about SanDisk - e280 8GB MP3 Player:

I spent weeks on the internet doing research on mp3 players and I decided on the Sansa e-280.  I have owned mine now for 3 months and not once have I had a problem with it.  It has an FM turner built in, which was a major factor for me.  Uploading songs was a breeze and with 8 GB there is plenty of room for uploading.  There is not too much this this mp3 player won't do.

I download podcasts from radio shows and listen wherever I am

from Leominster, MA

Comments about SanDisk - e280 8GB MP3 Player:

I love using this Sansa SanDisk player, I download podcasts from my favorite radio shows and hook it up to my pc and in minutes it transfers to the mp3 player. My husband drives most of the time so whenever we have a long drive ahead of us I put in my ear plugs and listen to the inspirational words I downloaded from the cd's I have from Dr. Dyer, it's a great way to pass the time and learn something new. I also download video and watch movies too!

Extremely easy to use

from Anchorage, AK

Comments about SanDisk - e280 8GB MP3 Player:

I am technologically challenged and figured this out easily. My husband has a Zen and I prefer my Sansa e280 much more. I have speakers on my desk at work that I plug into and the sound quality is great. Even my 8 year old doesn't have a problem working this.

Great bang for the buck - buy this rather than an iPod!

from Harrisonburg, VA

Comments about SanDisk - e280 8GB MP3 Player:

I couldn't be happier with my Sansa e280. It holds 8GB - I still haven't even come close to filling it up. It is very easy to use. I bought the Griffin iTrip and use it in my car mostly. Beats carrying CDs any day! I chose this over an iPod because you get the same GB for much less money. Also, the e280 offers an expansion slot and the ability to change the batteries yourself (unlike iPod). The only way it suffers compared to iPod is that there aren't as many accessories, but it has everything I need.

I love this device

from South Plainfield, NJ

A very reliable player

from Clayville, NY

Comments about SanDisk - e280 8GB MP3 Player:

Being my first mp3 player, I wasn't sure what to expect in a player, but now I can see that I made a good choice.  Although it has somewhat primitive graphics, the player is durable, somewhat simple, and very reliable.  It supports video and pictures, although there aren't a ton of options for them.  Unlike the Sansa View, the Sansa e280 (and other sansa e200 series) has the menu feature of scrolling down at the bottom of the menu list to get to the top.  It also has a battery that you can take out and replace pretty easily if needed.  8 gigabytes isn't a ton of space, but it is sufficient for most of your favorite songs.  The outside is pretty durable, except the screen might break if you are pushing a lawnmower out of a ditch and have it in your pocket. Not recommended for such usage. :) But for ordinary tasks, it's great.  It has good sound, decent graphics, and a good array of settings.  Definitely recommend!

Excellent and versatile