Other Joint & Muscle Pain Medicines:
Salonpas
Salonpas Pain Relief Patch

Salonpas Pain Relief Patch

Salon Pas Arthritis Pain Relief Patches For Extended Relief

I had never heard of this kind of a pain patch for Arthritis until I saw it advertised to get a free sample from an online site. I of course jumped at the opportunity as I have arthritis in various places and I thought it would be worth a try. This sample they sent me came as 3 patches in a package. They are a good size sample with each measuring 2 3/4" x 3 15/16" and are easy to apply. They have a plastic covering that is on the front( sticky side) that pulls apart in them middle. These are made ultra thin. No bulk to have to worry about which is very nice and they are able to be stretched to go into place. After you apply a patch you need to wash your hands because of the medicine in these patches as well as after you remove them. These are FDA approved so it sounded worth trying to me.

**Uses:** for Arthritis, sprains, strains,simple backache and bruises.

I just applied a patch to my knee to try as I do have Arthritis in both knees. It didn't take long to start to feel the effects of this patch. These patches do have an odor as you can smell the medicine in them. One patch can work from 8-12 hours. You only apply one at a time. If pain continues after using the first patch, a new patch can be applied and kept on for 8-12 hours. For external use only.

**Do not use for more than 3 days in a row.**

**Adult use only. Must be 18 or over to use these.**

**Do not use : **If you are allergic to asprin or other NSAID's, do not use on face or rashes, not to be used before of after heart surgery, not to use if you are or have been sweating,not to use with a heating pad, and do not use any patch from a package that has been open for over 14 days.

**Ask a Doctor first before using if: **you have high blood pressure, heart disease, kidney disease, if you take a dieuritic, if the stomach bleeding warning applies to you, or if you are allergic to topical products.

**Stomach Bleeding Warning: This product contains NSAID's which may cause stomach bleeding.**The chance is small but can occur if you are age 60 or older, have any stomach ulcers or bleeding, on a blood thinner,on a steroid, on other blood thinners, if you are taking other medicine with NSAID's in them ( Ex. asprin, naproxin, ibuprofen) drinking more than 3 drinks of an alcholic beverage every day while using this product or if you use this product any longer than what is recommended.

Active Ingredients are: Menthol at 3% and Methyl salicylate 10% NSAID's.

*This should be stored out of direct sun and away from any moisture.

**Made In Japan. **Manufactured by the Hisamitsu Pharmaceutical Co.,Inc.

Salonpas pain relieving patch

With having arthritis and fibromyalgia something always hurts but many areas of body are hard to treat because there is nothing practical on the market.  These are very handy to use around ankle/toe/elbow areas.  They are not as good as using a narcotic but sure is better than nothing.  I always take a very hot bath first which helps muscles relax before applying these and I drift off to sleep easily.  Compared to other items on market I feel they are quite reasonable.  I bought 40 pack.  I have suggested to other people and they found relief with them.

Pain relief

from Greenville, SC

Comments about Salonpas Pain Relief Patch:

I love these pain relief patches! After I had my second child I suffered a neck injury from using a baby carried incorrectly. I went to the chiropractor for months after that. Every once in a while the pain still flares up and these are the patches I use for the pain. I open one and put it on the back of my neck before bed. The pain is greatly lessoned within a few minutes. I usually sleep with one on and the pain relief lasts for about 8 hours. I love that. They are easy to use, inexpensive to buy, and don't have side effects. I have used these also for menstural cramps and they provide a nice relief from that as well. I would recommend these for pain relief as they are simple yet effective. Plus they just feel so good. They stick pretty well although I take mine off before getting in the shower. They are easy to apply and easy to remove. I just leave them on for 8 hours and then remove them. I love these!

The best and not too pricy.

from Davis, CA

Comments about Salonpas Pain Relief Patch:

I suffer from chronic pain in my neck. Plus, with my vertigo, I can be a bit clumsy falling and running into things. Thus, I have an entire medicine chest full of pain relievers and pain solutions such as Salonpas. However, when I need the best--something that will work quickly and last a long time--I choose the Salonpas. Since it works on the outside of the body, there are no side effects like one might have with pills.

One of the best recommendations I can offer, is that these pads are my friend's pain remedy solution for his clients. My friend is a personal trainer and swears by them.

These pads are easy to use, as they are packaged individually. The smaller ones are easier to use for the most part. But, both the larger and smaller patches work well.

The smell isn't an issue, as most of these medications have some sort of smell. I actually like it, as I like eucalyptus trees.

The patches stay on a long time unless you are very active. That typically isn't an issue since I'm in pain when I use them. Obviously, I just want to allow the spasms to go away and not move around much.

I love this patch

from Colorado Springs, CO

Comments about Salonpas Pain Relief Patch:

This external patch that can be applied directly to your skin at the location of pain is amazing. It contains two specific medications that can help ease the pain associated with many issues such as arthritis, sprains, bruises, muscle tightness and general body aches and pains. I get bad backaches from our old worn out mattress and wake up feeling very tense and miserable. I use these patches on my lower back to ease the tightness I experience and feel relaxed and much more comfortable within the first hour of use. I can move around and go about my normal morning routine without it shifting or falling out of place. It provides hours of relief for me. The only downside I have found is that it is not recommended for use during pregnancy, which really sucks because now I have the added strain of extra weight and unusual weight distribution making my body sore all over now. It does not have a strong smell either or leave your skin feeling greasy. Overall great product.

Not as good as hoped

from Naples, FL

Comments about Salonpas Pain Relief Patch:

I had high hopes that this product would at least temporarily relieve some of my lower back pain; thus I was disappointed that it didn't seem to have any significant effect at all! Initially the heat felt good, but it did not seem to have any effect on my ability to move without pain.

Can Help Minor Pain, Without The Strong Odor.

from Blackwell, OK

Comments about Salonpas Pain Relief Patch:

I found this patch at my local grocery store and decided to try it because it was on sale. Actually, at the time I didn't even realize it was a patch until I brought it home and opened the box. I have never used analgesic patches before I tried this and was impressed with the lack of smell this product had. I have used tons of different products like Bengay and Icy Hot, and found this to be much better where smell is concerned. If you can tolerate the smell of those other products than I would highly recommend purchasing these. Not only are they easier on your sence of smell, but they are actually just as effective as the brand name creams I have used. I have found that they are really misleading when they state it can relieve your pain for up to twelve hours. Applying a thick layer of pain relieving cream won't even relieve your pain for 12 hours, so I don't see how they think this will. I would say it can help for about 2 to 4 hours for minor pain, like stiff, sore and achy muscles. If you have serious injuries it may help a little, but not much. If you use it with other medications, like prescription pain relievers it can probably help minimally, but not on its own. My advice would be to just give it a try, it doesn't cost much and who knows, maybe it can help.

Did not work as well as I hoped

from Cleveland, OH

Comments about Salonpas Pain Relief Patch:

I was a little disappointed in this product. I was told by a doctor to try these and I did not feel any better. I thought it would be like a bengay or icy hot patch but it was not. Good news is that it did not have that horrible odor that the bengay and icy hot patches have. Maybe that's why they didn't work. That medicine they use apparently sticks. I would highly recommend just getting a bengay or icy hot patch instead. Don' waste time or money.

Not very effective at all. I still had pain and still had to try something else to relieve it. I was really hoping that they would've worked considering my doctor told me to try them.

It is very easy to use. All you have to do is stick it on the area that is bothering you. An area where you are experiencing pain.

Immediacy
I did not feel any relief so there for there was no immediate effect or immediate pain relief. I kept it on awhile to see if maybe they just took longer than other patches I've used.

Not too bad...

from VA

Comments about Salonpas Pain Relief Patch:

I was watching tv one day, when I saw a commercial for the Salonpas Pain Relief Patch. I normally buy another brand for my lower backaches, but thought I might give these a try, after seeing the commercial. The next time I was at the store, I headed over to the medication area and found these right off the bat, right with the other brand I normally buy. The price was good, so good, I was actually thinking to myself that they are so cheap they probably don't work great at all. I got home and read the instructions and went ahead to give it a try. They are super simple to use, but you have to be careful because if you flop them around or aren't quick, the sticky parts will start sticking together and then you waste. The patch easily goes on, and I felt relief within 10 minutes tops. There is only a slight medicine smell, and they are pretty thin, so you don't have to worry about a bug bulky patch on your body. They are easy to remove, but beware if you put them on a part of your body with hair - it will sting like a band-aid when you rip it off. But over all, these work pretty good and for at least 6 hours. They were definitely worth the try, and now are my go to.

Cooling medicine relief.

from Elko, Nevada

Comments about Salonpas Pain Relief Patch:

I love these Solonpas pain relief patches, unlike most patches that just give you heat to try and relax your muscles to make you feel better, these actually have a type of medicine that is inside them that heats up and seems to radiate into your body and gives you that relief from the heat, but also goes in on a deeper level and really relaxes your muscles and gives you the overall pain relief that you are looking for. These have a menthol smell to them so I am guess that the medicine that is on them has menthol in them and that is why when you first put them on they have a cooling effect but it quickly gets hot and you can feel it going deep into your muscle and relaxing everything that is tight and hurting you. This gives you very quick pain relief as they only take about fifteen minutes to really make you feel a lot better and then you can wear it for a few hours so that you can continue to get that pain relieving medicine into your muscles. They work great on the back of your neck and I love to wear one when I am feeling very tense and sore.

Not for me

from Nesconset,ny

Comments about Salonpas Pain Relief Patch:

The salonpas pain relief patch is definitely not for me. I usually take all different types of over the counter pain relievers because I have herniations and severe chronic pain. I also have a lot of muscle pain. When I got tired of my medicine cabinet looking like a pharmacy because I have tried so many pain relievers, I went to my local pharmacy and asked what was the best non oral medication there was and they said they had over the counter pain patches. I have heard of salonpas in the past so when I seen it, I figured I would give it a try. It said on the box up to twelve hours for moderate pain. I stuck one on my lower back for muscle pain and at first it seemed to be relieving the pain. After about two hours I felt it wearing off. By hour four I felt nothing. I was extremely dissatisfied. I tried another one on my shoulders and had the same experience. I don't think they're as powerful for pain relief as the box claims. It also doesn't stick very well without pressure being reapplied. It may work better for minor aches and pains, but not for long periods of time. I would not recommend this.

DIdn't Live Up

from Dallas, TX

Comments about Salonpas Pain Relief Patch:

I purchased Salonpas Pain Relief Patches at the recommendation of my aunt who swore by them. I have had lower back issues where my back locks up if I do too much jumping. Since I work at several gyms, I really needed a solution.
I followed the directions exactly as they were given for applying the patches. Then I waited...nothing. So I reread the directions thinking that perhaps I'd done something wrong. But still, nothing.
Next, I tried opening a new patch to see if maybe that first one was defective.
Over the next few days, I used every single patch in the box and experienced no relief at all. I couldn't even tell that anything was even working. All I felt was the annoyance of a patch stuck to my back.
All of that to say that I was sadly disappointed by Salonpas, especially after my aunt raved about how amazing this particular brand was. Surely the entire box wasn't defective. But after that experience, I haven't had any desire to purchase another set of patches.