Other E-commerce Websites:

Safeway | Safeway.com

Pros

Cons

• Shipping and Returns:

My favorite Grocery store!

I shop at Safeway and Safeway.com for my groceries regularly and it really is my favorite chain to shop for groceries. Their customer service is great and I am always greeted with a nice and warm "Hi, how are you?" whenever I visit Safeway. The staff is very helpful and friendly throughout the store and at checkout. I have also shopped online at Safeway.com and it was a good shopping experience for me. I am able to select the items that I want to purchase and send them to a list which I can then email to myself or even print. I select the items that I want to buy, add them, make my payment and checkout! That's it, my groceries are delivered right to my doorstep. I'd also like to point out that their online ordering delivery is right on time. I have ordered online many times and always received my order on time. Their store and website both have a wide selection of all the items. I find their produce particularly fresh. I definitely recommend Safeway and Safeway.com both!

Not the greatest of websites

Although Safeway is a good store with some good deals when they have things on sale, their website falls rather short.

That's not to say that their website is entirely without its good points. For example, the parts of the site where one goes to search for and add special deals related to the Club Card works ok, as do the parts where one can check one's reward point balance or manage card info.

However, much of the rest of the website falls short of that. The site is often slow to load in both Internet Explorer and Chrome, having tried it on several different internet connections. Even worse, the website can be notably unreliable, going down with errors (usually an HTTP 500 internal server error if I recall correctly) when one is in the middle of searching for deals or things to buy, and it can take several hours for the site to come back up and be accessible again, which can be rather frustrating when one is trying to get anything done on the site.

The section of the site where one can actually order stuff is not that great either, as I've found its interface for searching for products and putting them in the cart to be rather awkward and unwieldly.

Fortunately, there is a Safeway only a couple minutes away from where I live, so it is fairly simple and easy for me to just go to a physical location when I need to shop at Safeway, instead of having to deal with their unreliable clunker of a website.

Safeway/Safeway.com

from Hermiston, OR

Comments about Safeway | Safeway.com:

I love shopping at Safeway. Since they did a complete remodel of their interior a few years back, it is even better to shop there. I have always used their members reward card. I was really happy when they made me aware of their web site and all a person could do on it. I love going on the web site, clicking through the pages and having the option to load onto my members card all the savings and coupons. There is even an option to print out all your coupons like a shopping list to take to the store with you to make your grocery shopping easier. I also like how the savings don't expire week by week and have extended savings weeks at times. Once the savings are no longer valid to use, they disappear from your card. It saves a lot of time not having to look through paper coupons, clipping them out and taking them to the store. I haven't used the delivery service yet that the store offers. I also like the gas rewards that I can earn as I shop. It is another great way to save money.

• Shipping and Returns:

Make it easy to shop online!

from Elko, Nevada

Comments about Safeway | Safeway.com:

Safeway.com has totally revolutionized the way that I do my grocery shopping and has made it so much easier for a busy person to be able to shop online and get what they need even when they are very limited on time. I work full time as does my spouse and we have a family to feel and sometimes getting to the grocery store and spending a few hours is just a huge hassle. Safeway.com now has the option to order all of your stuff online, they then put it all together and have it in bags when you get there. You can pay for this all online or you can pay when you pick it up. This is so nice because I order when I am at work winding down for the day and pick it all up on my way home and I do not have to spend any time grocery shopping which leaves more time to spend with my family. This website doesn't even add a charge for this, it is included and just another great option that they give to you. It is great to be able to order things online and not have to worry about anything else.

Safeway Cares About The Customer

from Virginia

Comments about Safeway | Safeway.com:

I've always shopped at the same grocery store but decided to make a switch a few years back. I had considered Safeway to be out of my price range but in all honesty they offer some of the best prices. Safeway has a membership card called Just For U, where I can download each week items that will go on sale, and when I shop the savings is passed down to me. The Safeway Website is great, I've used many recipe's and learned a number of tips on items like produce and health tips. Safeway also has an awesome grocery delivery service that can save you time and money! I'm waiting for this service to be available in my area but know a number of people who have used this service. Safeway also has a great selection of home cooked style foods, I'm able to run in, grab a fully cooked meal with a meat and sides and go home to feed my family. I always check out the website every week, plan my shopping trip and hit the store. The website is well organized and categorized to make finding what I am looking for easy. Safeway even offers an app to download for those of us who have access to a smartphone. Now the prices on products are not always the best but I feel like when I buy Safeway's large packages of meats that cost much less than anywhere else, it evens out with cost when produce is a little higher priced than their competitors. Plus Safeway has some of the best produce I've seen and offer a variety of local foods so I feel like I am helping my community. Overall I feel Safeway really cares about the customer by making life a little easier and helping my local community out.

Very bold Red and Black theme that is organized to find what you are looking for.

• Shipping and Returns:

I only go to Safeway if I have to!

from Puyallup, WA

Comments about Safeway | Safeway.com:

I am not a fan of Safeway because of the high prices. Even a lot of their sales aren't as good as at other grocery stores. I do shop here when I'm in a hurry, but find myself sometimes paying up to double for stuff. I also like organic foods and those seem to be a lot higher as well. I don't find their stuff, especially fruits and vegetables any fresher than anywhere else. They do have most of your grocery store needs and it is nice to have a starbucks in the store if yours has one. It's not a bad store. I just don't find it worth it at all if you compare this store to other grocery stores...even their sales.

It an easy store to get in and out of. Easy to get help if you need it. Shopping cart returns are right by the cars. The store is labeled so that you can find what you need. It's a pretty clean store.

Product Selection
They have a pretty good product selection. I can usually find what I'm looking for.

Product Pricing
I don't like safeway's pricing at all. I think they are way too expensive compared to other stores. The pricing is what keeps me from going there on a regular basis. It's a big turnoff.

Customer Service
Most of the time I can get help easier. There was once where I had to search around to find someone to help me, but most of the time it's pretty good.

Shipping and Returns
I've never really done any returns so I can't really comment much on that.

• Shipping and Returns:

Recipes, coupons, pharmacy and more!

Comments about Safeway | Safeway.com:

Living in a small town, we have two grocery stores only. Safeway being one. The nice thing about it is their website. I like to use coupons as much as possible and they have a very easy database that shows all current coupons. Sign up for the "Just for U" program and have access to coupons and more savings. Virtually clip them on their site and at the end they will all print at once.
Another section of their website is for recipes, all made with products you can find at their store.
I personally have never used the grocery delivery service but for those who cannot get to the actual store, it provides an easy way to shop. Shop virtually, add to your online cart and they will deliver. The first time using this service is free, too, which makes it worth trying!
Also, Safeway has an online pharmacy to refill prescriptions. Also good to see when their upcoming vaccinations will be going on and other medicine/pharmacy related news.

Not the greatest of websites

Comments about Safeway | Safeway.com:

My favorite Grocery store!

Comments about Safeway | Safeway.com:

I have never been a bigger fan!

Comments about Safeway | Safeway.com:

I absolutely love Safeway and Safeway.com!!! The website is great because you can enter your zip code and it will bring up the store ad for your closest locations. I love the new "Just 4 U" website and phone app. I use the app every shopping trip to load all of my coupons and personalized deals to my card so all I have to do at checkout is enter my phone number or swipe my card. The Just 4 U app and website are very easy to use and are broken down into 3 sections; Coupons, Personalized Deals, and You Club Specials. My favorite section is the Personalized Deals section. It basically tracks what I purchase on a regular basis and gives me a better price on those items. As long as you remember to load those items to your rewards card they will take effect at check-out. I am a HUGE coupon user and bargain shopper. I think it is awesome that Safeway offers me personalized prices on items I purchase on a regular basis. I also love their gas rewards program! The Safeway.com website is very user friendly and is a great way to plan your shopping trip before you head to the store. I always like to check the ad online before heading in so I know the items to keep an eye out for. I have not personally used the following feature but you can also order all of your groceries online and have it delivered directly to your house. I have heard from friends that it is a very easy service to use and takes just minutes to process. I am sure it would be a really nice service to try around the holidays when you just do not have enough time in the day to get everything done! It shows on the website that you get the first delivery free as a trial which is a really great deal! I really enjoy the personalized shopping experience Safeway and Safeway.com offers me!

Great place for daily goods

Comments about Safeway | Safeway.com:

My family visits Safeway almost every week for some daily products, like milk, bread, cereal, some snacks, maybe some fresh produce if they are on sale. It is like a neighborhood place, and the great thing is they are open twenty four hours, so if I suddenly remember at around 10pm that I needed to purchase something for tomorrow morning (which happens pretty often), I can just drop by and pick up something quickly. They products are of great quality (I love their bakery section), and the prices are quite reasonable, especially if you are a club member. Now they even have these self check out stations so if you don't want to wait in line for a cashier, you can just do it yourself, which I prefer, because it is easy and faster too. The only thing is the price for milk, which I buy really frequently, is always changing (really inconsistent). One day it would be super expensive and I would head somewhere else, and some other time, the price would lower. I am not sure when to come to Safeway for my milk anymore...

Good Call-In Customer Service, Bad Website Design

Comments about Safeway | Safeway.com:

I use Safeway.com when I order online for a Vons grocery delivery. (Vons is a seemingly West coast chain of grocery stores). Based on my experience these past few years, I have mixed feelings about Safeway.com. For starters, their website is not the best. When I tried to do my shopping via my Safari web-browser, the site would freeze and crash, especially when I was close to checkout. I would loose all of the items in my cart, which took me a considerable amount of time to find. This would happen with quite a bit of frequency. It was really frustrating. Eventually, I experimented and tried using a different browser and had better experience. So I would definitely recommend using Firefox or something other than Safari if you are placing an order with Safeway.com. With that said, they have pretty good customer service -- that is, if you call them. If you email them, you'll be lucky if you get a response never mind a helpful one. But if you call and there is an issue (like spoiled meat, a cracked container), they will compensate you for it, which is reassuring to know. So, Safeway.com might not be the best there is out there, but it has grown on me.