Other Misc. Tools & Hardwares:
Purdy
Purdy xl glide paint brush

Purdy xl glide paint brush

Best brush you will ever buy

from Loveland, CO

Comments about Purdy xl glide paint brush:

Purdy brushes are not cheap - but they will last forever if you take care of them. Always clean after use - get a paint comb to clean thoroughly.  Purdy brushes don't show brush marks and keep their shape.  I have Purdy brushes I've had for 7 years and they still perform like new.  I've painted many houses and Purdy is the only brush I will use.

the right brush for most painting jobs

from Springfield, OR

Comments about Purdy xl glide paint brush:

I paint to pay the bills and have found that the purdy xl glide paint brush is the most versital brush I own.  I use them to do most of my daily work and reuse them over and over.  They wear well and hold lots of paint. I have my choice of paint brushes and for most jobs I choose purdy.  I also use angled brushes for most of my work as its easier to cut a clean line with and easier on my wrists too.  I don't have time for brushes that don't work as I get paid to get the job done.

Purdy Brushes - Worth every penny

from 59501

Pros

Cons

Comments about Purdy xl glide paint brush:

Purdy brushes aren't the cheapest on the market, but this is one case in which you get what you pay for. Purdy brushes are quality brushes, no doubt about it. If you take proper care of them, they will last for years.

I'm not a painter by trade, but I have done my fair share of painting over the past few years. In three years I have lived in three homes, all of which desperately needed a fresh coat of interior paint. I have the same brushes that I originally purchased three years ago and - besides the bits of dried paint on the metal and handle that give them "character" - they are still the workhorses they were on Day One.

Purdy brushes are very easy to clean -- just make sure you clean them *right *after you finish your project (ie, don't let the paint dry on them!). They also keep their shape if cared for and stored properly.

Out of the Purdy brushes I own, the Dale XL 2-inch brush is the one I go to the most. I find its size ideal for cutting in a room. I also own a 1 1/2-inch, 2 1/2-inch, and 2-inch Cub, but that 2-inch Dale - to me - is perfect.

If you have a painting project on the horizon invest in Purdy brushes. They'll be good for that project and any others that may crop up in the future.