Other Misc. Tools & Hardwares:

Black & Decker Mouse Sander/Polisher Kit

My main helper

from Southport, NC

Comments about Black & Decker Mouse Sander/Polisher Kit:

Got the Mouse last year for Christmas, and love it. Seems my son saw me working on refinishing a piece of furniture that had been my moms and had several decades of paint buildup! I was just about ready to chuck the whole project (it had become too time consuming) when I got the Mouse for Christmas. Not sure that something this small would work, I gave it a try and I was really impressed! Not only did I finish the table, but started work on several more pieces. If it had not been for the mouse, I would still have several "unfinished" pieces of furniture in my garage! Thanks for you help!!!

Great product!

from Melbourne, FL

Comments about Black & Decker Mouse Sander/Polisher Kit:

After a little getting use to this sander works wonders.  At first the vibration on your hand is uncomfortable, but this does not last long after you see the results.  It comes w/ a variety of sanding needs including one for deep cleaning.  It also does a great job for any drywall patch work and the refill paper is easy to find at any home store.  Love it!

Tool with a variety!

from Hemet, CA

Comments about Black & Decker Mouse Sander/Polisher Kit:

The Black & Decker Mouse sander is a great tool. It is small enough to sand in the smallest of spaces and is also small enough for you to handle without it feeling too heavy. The Mouse puts out enough power to get the task done well and in a timely manner. This tool is very versatile and perfect to start off teaching your kids how to use tools.

Strong enough for a man, fits a woman's hand

from Monroe Township, NJ

Comments about Black & Decker Mouse Sander/Polisher Kit:

It Fits!!! I love working with tools but being a woman I frequently find that most tools are not designed for someone with hands my size. This little sander is a miracle it is so easy to use and maneuver. I have completed several projects, from refinishing a lovely pine roll top desk to redoing the stairs on my backyard decking. This sander comes with lots of little attachments that help you get into hard to reach and oddly shaped areas. I also love that I dont have to replace or recharge batteries so I can work on a project all day if I want to.  The price was perfect and was actually recommend by a female salesperson who understood exactly what I was looking for. The only problem I have run into with this machine is that I wont let my husband use it.

Small and easy to use!

from Murrieta, CA

Comments about Black & Decker Mouse Sander/Polisher Kit:

My family purchased this Black and Decker Mouse Sander for me awhile back. I fell in love with it immediately. I like to restore and touch up things and repaint or refinish them so we do not have to buy new items when we can reuse good items we already have. It came with its own storage case and has a built in sorter to keep all the different sheets of  assorted sandpapers and pads organized in one place.

I have almost always use this exclusively for wood items, but have used it  with a few glass or plastic items as needed. The sanding pads have a fuzzy, velcro loop side so it attaches to the harder, velcro hook pad on the sander. There are many different pads available, including sand paper, polishing and buffing. I think what I like best is, I tend to use the pointed tip to get into crevices and corners. When the pointed tip wears out before the rest of the pad, I can replace just the tip.

This past weekend a neighbor was moving and offered me some of her garden art. The metal posts were rusted and caked with hardened mud. I used the course sand paper and removed most of the debris. My husbad repainted them in a copper color and I was able to add it to my garden.

Probably the only downside to this compact little workhorse is it vibrates ALOT! Your hand takes the brunt of this and it can become discouraging if you need to use it for a long period of time.

Good for small projects.

from Middletown, NY

Comments about Black & Decker Mouse Sander/Polisher Kit:

The Black & Decker Mouse is a small sander, good for small projects.  The pointy end is great for getting into corners, and the gel cushion keeps the vibrations to a minimum.  I stripped the wax from my wooden bathroom floor with the Mouse, and found it very easy to use.  The small size fit my hand comfortably, and the Mouse's light weight allowed for ease of control.  Changing out used sanding pads for new ones was a snap, as the pads were attached using Velcro.

I have also used it with great success for sanding out the dents and nicks in several pieces of wooden furniture that I refurbished.

However, the Mouse was not up to the project of sanding my porch.  While sufficient for a 5'x5' floor, it did not make it through a 10'x30' porch.

I was a bit disappointed with the performance on my porch, but loved it and will buy another one to complete the other smaller tasks that I have.

The Mouse is a good product for a DIY-type, but not up to professional workloads.

did not like

from New Haven, IN

Comments about Black & Decker Mouse Sander/Polisher Kit:

I had an **Black & Decker Mouse Sander/Polisher Kit in the past and did not like it. 1st the off and on button is in a weird position and when trying to start/stop it, you can damage the wood if you are trying shut it off. it is noisy and can hurt your if you are not ready for it. also if somebody is trying to get your attetion, it can be difficult. The vibration is hard to hold on to the **Black & Decker Mouse Sander/Polisher Kit and it can slip out of your hnd easily. and the vibration makes the sandpaper come off easily. there was only two or three sandpaper sheets that can with it. there are some pro. the **Black & Decker Mouse Sander/Polisher Kit is cheap that is why I bought it. and it was on sale at the time also. it comes with a manufacture warranty also. I would not recommend the **Black & Decker Mouse Sander/Polisher Kit. itis hard to hold on to, the off and on button is in a weird place and it is noisy.********

Durable, versatile, great for numerous projects

from North Aurora, IL

Comments about Black & Decker Mouse Sander/Polisher Kit:

I've had the Mouse sander for years, and had used it for many, many different jobs and job types.  A few years ago I put together a low table, and the Mouse was indespensible in its construction.  Most recently, I made a crib for my new little one that will expand to a toddler bed, and all the way up to a full-sized mattress.  A complicated task, with lots of slats and joints that needed to fit just so.  We used the mouse for everything big and small, to sand down the large flat surfaces, and to do the detail work on the slats and joints.  The best features of the Mouse are its portability, in that it's handheld and easily moved around the shop, as well as it's ability to fit into all those inconvenient, tight corners.  It's got enough muscle to take down pretty rough/high areas, but does so with much more control and finesse than a belt sander.  Overall, I think it's the tool I use the most when in the shop, as it's perfect for a small touch-up or much larger job.  On the negative side, the Mouse uses a circular vibrating motion to move the sandpaper, so the sanding surface can be a bit unstable unless you're using an area near to the center.  That tends to increase wear in the center of the sandpaper, while other areas go unused.  It's tough on the wrists and hands to use the other areas of the sandpaper, and wearing through the sandpaper without noticing has damaged the underlying surface of the Mouse a bit.

Love my Black & Decker Mouse Sander.

from Richwood, WV

Comments about Black & Decker Mouse Sander/Polisher Kit:

I have had my Black & Decker Mouse sander now for about 17 years and it is still going strong.  I have never had any problems what so ever with it.  It is not cordless but where I do all my wood work I have ample room for plug ins to use with all my tools, I am a 65 year old woman and I can use any tool, as I have them all.  My friend and I have been doing wood crafts and wood work for years, she also has two Black & Decker sanders, one like mine and the small one with the ball top to hold with.  What I like most about this sander compaired to another one I had, is the easy changing of the sandpaper.  My old one you had to loosen one end slip in your paper, tighten then take it to the other end and do the same thing.  My Black & Decker Mouse has peel and stick sand paper, you just peel off the old when it is use up and stick on another peice and you are ready to go, only takes a few seconds and you are done.  I just this week made some picture frames for a couple of my paintings that I painted and now ready to sand off corners and smooth out the frame.  This little Mouse really does a great job.  I can sand down a 1/4 inch peice of plywood as slick as a whistle and even paint pictures on it and build my frame to fit.  The on and off button if right on the front of the sander so all you have to do when you are sanding if you want to shut it off is just move your finger down and push while you are still holding the sander.  This is just about the only tool besides my drill (Black & Decker) that my daughter will let my granddaughter use when she helps me do some of my wood work.  So it is very save and easy to use.