3.2
Prince Lionheart
Prince Lionheart Premium Wipe Warmer

Prince Lionheart Premium Wipe Warmer

3.2

Love the warmer, don't love how it dries out some wipes.

When we were getting ready to have our first child, it never occurred to me to have a wipes warmer. Honestly I thought it was just a little too over the top. But someone else knew better...they got us one as a baby gift. From the moment I plugged it in and starting using it on my little one, I can't tell you how much we LOVE it! Even my mom who came to help me out sometimes would rave about how much she loved it! I have seen how much more comfortable my babies were with a nice warm wipe as opposed to a frigid one straight out of the pack. They were both born in the winter, so those wipes were cold and sometimes having to undress them to change them would make them cold, too. The only thing that I don't like about it is how after a while the wipes on the very bottom of the pile would get dried out. When they start to dry out, they get a dark brown color. It looks a little gross. When you add water to the bottom to help, and even when it has the little "pillow" on the bottom that you can buy, it makes all the water in the warmer get brown. Not my favorite thing. Also, if you have the cheaper brand wipes that aren't connected, it's a pain. You have to open the top of the warmer each time you want to get a wipe and have to pull them apart separately.

An unnecessary baby item

I received the Prince Lionheart Wipe Warmer as a gift.  I initially thought this was a dumb idea and a bit excessive for a baby who would not know the difference if not ever introduced to warm wipes.  To be honest, my daughter does not care either way if her wipes are warm or cold.  Because I use cloth diapers, I have also considered using cloth wipes, although have not switched over yet because of the large amount of disposable ones I was given, and the Prince Lionheart Wipe Warmer is supposed to keep the reusable wipes wet as well as warm, and that would be handy if it works out that way.  I think this may be the only benefit of a wipe warmer.  Other than that, it is a bit annoying.  When the wipes run out, before it gets refilled the pillow needs to be re-wet and this can be annoying when you are trying to change a poopy diaper with a baby who is tossing and spinning.  Usually, when I run out, I use cold ones and then I have to put the baby in a more secure place than her changing table to get the pillow wet and refill the Wipe Warmer.  If the pillow does not get re-wet before refilled, it becomes hard and sucks the moisture from the wipes, so the handful that are on the bottom are bone dry by the time you get down to them.  The wipes also often slip out of the rubber catcher so the whole warmer has to be opened to retrieve one and you have to get creative tearing it from the other wipes while holding onto that baby.  In addition to that, when they do stay in the rubber feeder, when they are pulled, more often than not, a piece of the wipe ripes off and I am left standing there with a half in wide wipe to tackle all that poop.  The Prince Lionheart Wipe Warmer does keep wipes warm and wet if used properly, it is just a little bit more hassle than using cold wipes from the container they come in.

what a wonderful invention

from Roanoke, VA

Comments about Prince Lionheart Premium Wipe Warmer:

I found the Lionheart baby wipe warmer in a thrift store. I had no idea such an iinvention existed. I got it for my daughter who has a newborn. And she loves it. The wipes are moist and warm. And baby's bottom does not have to react to the shock of the cold. Most people mightg say this product is not a necessary but I believe it does fulfill a need. I personally like feeling warnth on my skin as opposed to the colld. So I am sure a baby enjoys a warm wipe instead of a cool one. Everyone may bot go for this idea, but I got this baby wipe warmer at such a bargain. I a glad my daughter is making good use of it.

Great warmer

from Brush, CO

Comments about Prince Lionheart Premium Wipe Warmer:

Our adjusting stop is up coming to some window and also wipes experienced been getting so chilled that our child would get startled every individual time she was changed. it truly is not the complete in regards to the world, but she does seem an extremely good offer additional calming now. The wipes really don't continue being cozy for really substantial which signifies you need to do need to produce into within a positioning to own the warmer ideal appropriate up coming for the adjusting pad. I situated that in addition , it facilitates to tuck the last wipe back once again straight down to the warmer so as that merely a tip in regards to the nook shows. This facilitates still help keep additional in regards to the wipe cozy for the up coming change. Warmed wipes may be also spectacular for in between bath clean-ups at the rear of newborns guitar neck and under their chin. general a spectacular product!

Keeps the wipes warm and moist

from Austin, TX

Comments about Prince Lionheart Premium Wipe Warmer:

The Prince Lionheart Premium Wipes Warmer is pretty awesome! It fits on the end of our changing table on the sold separately changing table organizer. I like the shape and design of the warmer itself. It is sleek and smooth, blending right in with any decor.

It is easy to open and the wipes pop right up through the top of the warmer. It does have a blue light that stays on to alert you when it is plugged it, although it is a bit annoying if you like the room to be nice and dark. yet, it can be a built in nightlight if you like that sort of thing! Truth be told, does a baby really even notice that sort of thing?

Once you get down to the bottom of the wipes, the last ones are a bit dry. The foam insert gets dry and hard, so you have to take it and wet it again before loading it up. I'm afraid that it is going to wear out soon, but I have yet to see that. maybe I'm being paranoid about it.

I like this warmer and it is a good alternative to natural wipes.

Love the warmer, don't love how it dries out some wipes.

from Eastman, GA

I just don't think you need a Wipes Warmer

from Los Angeles, CA

Comments about Prince Lionheart Premium Wipe Warmer:

I bought a changing table on craigslist and the person I bought it from threw in the Prince Lionheart Wipes Warmer for free as well. I figured since it was free, I would probably use the item. I left it sitting on the shelf of my changing table unused throughout my daughter's first year. I just did not see the point of using a wipes warmer and felt that it took up unnecessary space. Plus, you need to replace the pad in the wipes warmer every three months, and that was additional shopping and headache that I did not need as a busy mom. I still give the item two stars because admittedlly, I never used it, so maybe I was missing out on something. I had a friend who used her wipes warmer with her newborn son and swears it was less bothersome to him during those late-night changes, so perhaps I have misjudged this product. But I personally did not find this useful and am planning to give it away even though I am due to have my next baby in a few weeks.

Lionheart Wipe Warmer rocks!

from Sacramento, CA

Comments about Prince Lionheart Premium Wipe Warmer:

A friend suggested getting a wipe warmer.  I had read the mixed reviews and was not sure about getting one, but she insisted it was great.  So I bought one and I am very glad I did.  I do think that some of the reviews do not do it justice.

It is VERY easy to use.  BUT you hae to follow what it says.  You HAVE to keep the sponge moist (I keep mine VERY wet) at the bottom or the wipes WILL dry out.  I have not had any problems with my wipes drying out, not once, even the ones at the bottom of it.  I even flip the bottom wipes to the top, so they are even warmer and those are not dry at all.

My only compaint is that sometimes the wipes to do not stay up, so you have to open and re-feed the wipes through the hole. I have also not had any problems with the lid not staying closed.  Sometimes, my husband does not close the lid and even then the wipes do not dry out.

Overall, I am very happy with it.  When I have to use "cold" wipes my daughter squirms when the coldness touches her bottom.  I gave it 4 because sometimes the wipes are not as warm as other times.

Didn't use this at all!

from Bend, OR

Comments about Prince Lionheart Premium Wipe Warmer:

I was convinced by all the baby registry people and hype that I needed one of these Wipes warmers for my precious newborn baby's bottom.  So - I registered for the Prince Lionheart Premium Wipe Warmer and some poor soul bought it for me.  My baby changing station wasn't near an outlet so it was never convenient to plug this wipes warmer in.  I did decide that I should actually try it and it worked well for the indended purpose, to make the baby wipes warm - so I suppose that if you are looking for something that does that, this would be a great product.  However, my baby screamed if the wipe was cold or warm and didn't like diaper changes regardless.  I also didn't want to train my baby to like warm wipes in case we were out and about and I didn't have a warm wipe.  So, while this wipes warmer works well - I think it is a completely unneccesary piece of baby gear that will just end up in the closet or garage sale pile.

Wipe warmer wasn't really necessary

from Brooklyn, IA

Comments about Prince Lionheart Premium Wipe Warmer:

I found this contraption unnecessary for quite a few reasons.

Most importantly, my baby didn't care whether her wipes were warm or not. I think that is the bottom line, why spend the money and use the energy, if it doesn't make a difference to baby? We had to add water to it very often or the wipes and moistening pad in the bottom would brown. Sometimes we'd get too much in there and the wipes would be too soggy as well.

You have to remember that you may not always be in one location when you need to change baby's diaper. So unless you intend on having one for each place you want to change a diaper as well as a travel warmer, there isn't much a of a point to using a warm wipe most of the time. Your baby will have to get used to the cold ones anyways, which they may not even mind in the first place.

It's really a good concept, but this just falls in the category of totally unnecessary for me.

Great Idea, IF it really worked!?!?

from Huntersville, NC

Comments about Prince Lionheart Premium Wipe Warmer:

I loved the idea, but the one that I have, will not stay closed at either opening, so I have to keep something on top of it so that it will stay closed.  This is annoying, because everytime I need a wipe, I have to move the thing that I use to hold it shut.  When you take a wipe out of the warmer, it feels pretty warm ,but they cool off so quickley, that by the time you reach your babies bottom, it is already cold.  I also feel that no matter how wet you keep the moist pad at the bottom of the warmer, it still tends to dry out your wipes.  Another issue we had, was placement of the warmer.  We have a traditional changing table with a top drawer, amd the warmer does not really fit or work properly any where on it.

Not necessary, but works well.

from Manassas, VA

Comments about Prince Lionheart Premium Wipe Warmer:

I make my own cloth wipes and have used them with this warmer.  It has worked well.  I'm continually impressed by the pillow. I've let it completely dry out a few summers to the point where it looks brittle, yellow, and stained.  Once it was moistened again, it always sprung back into action with no rips, tears, or cracks.  It becomes just as soft and useful as before.

This warmer is not necessary to have by any means, and I probably wouldn't purchase a new one.  But if you can get a good used price and don't mind keeping it plugged in all the time, it does make for a much happier baby in the winter.  There have been times when I've forgotten to unplug it before leaving for a while.  It actually kept the moisture for quite a while.

Upside:

*Baby's bum doesn't freeze in the winter when you wipe.

*Pillow does a great job of keeping everything moist.

Downside:

*Have to keep it plugged in all the time and use electricity/remember to turn it off when traveling.