Other Arts & Crafts Supplies:
Premier Yarns
DN955-2
Premier Yarns Deborah Norville Cotton Soft Silk Multi Yarn Azalea Hill

Summary

PREMIER YARNS-Deborah Norville Cotton Soft Silk Multi Yarn. Soft breathable cotton is combined with exquisite silk in this yarn; it is great for spring and summer projects. Weight category: 4; 78% cotton and 22% silk; 2.5oz/70g; 126yd/115m. Gauge: 17st x 23r = 4in/10cm on size US7/4.5mm knitting needles. Suggested crochet hook size USI-9. Care: hand wash; lay flat to dry; to not iron; do not bleach. Imported.

Premier Yarns Deborah Norville Cotton Soft Silk Multi Yarn Azalea Hill

• No (3)

Beautiful and a Joy to Work With

from Hartford, CT

Comments about Premier Yarns Deborah Norville Cotton Soft Silk Multi Yarn Azalea Hill:

I love to crochet and I love experimenting with new yarns so when I discovered this at my local JoAnn's store I knew I had to try it. The color was what immediately drew me to it. The vibrant pinks and oranges are so attractive and combine to give your project an almost sunrise like feel.

I really like the ombre effect. The colors blend beautifully and transition nicely. There's plenty of each color to create a nicely sized portion of the project before it switches to the next color. It's especially attractive when doing a single crochet so you get the full effect.

The yarn itself is a gorgeous silk and cotton blend which I had never heard of until I purchased this. It's beautifully soft and silky and is a joy to work with. It doesn't separate at all and feels substantial while you are crocheting with it. There's also quite a bit per skein as I was able to make a hat and matching scarf with just two skeins of yarn.

When purchased on sale or with a coupon this is an excellent value. I wouldn't purchase it at full price, but it's certainly worth it when it can be found at a discount.

I definitely highly recommend this beautiful and versatile yarn.

No lint please...

from Syracuse, New York

Pros

• Doesn't Bead After Washin
  • mixed colors
  • Vibrant colors

• Blankets
    • Booties
    • Crochet

Knitting is a hobby that kind of grew on me over time. My mom was a novice and I would watch in awe. Getting into it myself was a tough start but I quickly improved. I have done quite a few projects with Deborah Norville Soft Silk Multi Yarn and have learned that there is a difference in the quality of the project over time dependent on the brand and type of yarn you use and what material the yarn is made of. I have come to love and appreciate the quality of this yarn because it doesn't seem to catch lint balls as easily, especially for blanket projects. I have noticed that they don't look so old so fast after washing them. They are pliable and easy to work with and I enjoy the multicolored option rather than having to switch between different yarn bundles. For me - it makes it a little more unpredictable and I have to admit, I like it a lot.

So soft

from Dallas, TX

Pros

• Gets Soft Not Scratchy
    • Incredibly soft
    • Strong

Cons

I was searching for a yarn to have a friend crochet a crib blanket for my baby before the birth. I hated how most yarns got rough and scratchy with time. To me, good cotton should get softer with wear and washings. I tried a host of different yarns and made small potholders before discovering Premier Yarns Deborah Norville Cotton Soft Silk Multi Yarn Azalea Hill. After feeling the yarn, I was sold, but I knew from past experience that a soft spooled yarn did not equal a forever soft yarn.
        So, I bought a skein to try out and put it to the test. I knit a potholder, used and washed it repeatedly.
        To say that I was impressed would be a vast understatement! I immediately went out and bought a basketful for my baby blanket project. My friend who actually crocheted the blanket was just as blown away, and she has made hundreds of baby blankets!
        The blanket is now four years old and has been drug all over the world and washed a million times. With the exception of a few worn holes, this yarn has help up extremely well.
        What I love about the Azalea Hill variety is the blending of gorgeous colors that remind me of nature. It is impossible to tell where one ends and the other begins.
        I have since made a drawer full of potholders out of this same yarn.

Fun and pretty

from Edina, MN

Pros

• Arts
        • Crafts
        • School projects

Cons

• none

• Anything We Can Think Of

The Deborah Norville Premium Cotton silk yarns are great for so many things. I love arts and crafts and my two daughters do as well. We love to have a variety of items on hand for anything we are working on or something new we would like to try including knitting, crosstitch, crochet, or art projects from school or at home. These yarns are great quality and come in a variety of colors including the multicolors in one which we love. They are easy to rewrap again in a tighter ball in keep in a dry, clean place. If you have a good imagination you can do just about anything with these yarns. Highly recommend to those who love artsy things or are looking into new craft ideas. You can find so much to do with these yarns.

Soft and beautiful yarn

Pros

• Soft

Cons

I was so thrilled with the Premier yarns Deborah Norville Cotton soft silk multi tarn azalea hill. I am a very active knitter and sell my items in local boutiques. I recently made a beautiful childs hat out of this gorgeous yarn and it turned out beautifully. I think this yarn would be great for sweaters, scarfs, and hats. I actually sold the childs hat very fast and plan on making more with this exact yarn. I like that it is so soft. It would not irritate your skin or make you feel itchy. I also thought another great thing about this particular yarn was the price. I thought the price was great and I would definitely purchase it again. It is a thinner yarn so I would not necessarily recommend it for big blankets or anything, but it is great for smaller projects.