Other Arts & Crafts Supplies:

Great, Great, Great!

I recently bought a skein of the Lion brand Wool Ease  Chunky yarn in a charcoal gray color to knit a pair of gloves. This yarn in 80% acrylic, 20% wool. This was my first time trying this type of yarn from Lion Brand, and i must say, I am VERY impressed! The yarn was thick and strong. I easily knitted my project. The stitches were clear and easy to see and the finished product was very warm and not at all scratchy, like some wool yarns can be. And its machine washable and dry-able with minimum shrinkage. I do a cold water wash and a cool dry and it seems to do the trick. Next, I'm gonna knit up a pair of socks! It's mighty cold here in Boston in the winter, and I'm sure this yarn will come in handy!

I hate this yarn

I bought yarn in a major sale at jo anns a couple of years ago to make a sweater that was made with a shrug connected to the body.  I never worked with wool or wool blends before and i thought that since its part acrylic then it has to be nice and soft to the skin.

How wrong i was!

Once i  was done with the sweater i tried it on only to find out that the yarn is itchy like hell! I couldnt stop itching for my life and yet I loved the sweater that i just knit.  Sadly, I couldnt wear this sweater because the yarn is too itchy and had to give the sweater away to charity.

Im never, ever going to buy this yarn again.

great variety!

from Spencerport, NY

Comments about Lion Brand Wool-Ease Yarn:

I really like the Lion's Brand Wool-Ease yarn. I have been an avid crocheter for a few years now and have been using these yarn for many projects.

I like the wide variety of colors this brand of yarn comes in. I have never had any difficulty finding the particular color I would like for a project. Usually I have to force myself to put yarn back because I am trying to buy too many gorgeous colors!

I also have been quite pleased with the quality of the yarn, especially for the price. (plus if you are like me and boy your yarn from crafting stores such as jo-anns and Micheals you can always use coupons to get it at a great price) It is not itchy feeling like some other yarns I have seen/felt at stores. I have been a number of hats using this yarn for both myself and others and have never thought that my hats were uncomfortable or scratchy feeling.

I also like the variety of weights the yarn comes in. My favorite is the thick and quick. It is very soft, and can be used to make some beautiful projects that work up quite quickly due to the weight of the yarn.

Nice and Pleasant.

Comments about Lion Brand Wool-Ease Yarn:

This yarn has some pretty good qualities. It's not the best yarn out there, but it does come in many different beautiful colors and it is very soft. Because of it's thickness, your project works up very quickly. I'm a knitter and I was able to knit an average size scarf with one skein. I definitely recommend this yarn to any new knitters if they are wanting to experiment with different weights of yarn.

LOVE Wool Ease - ALWAYS Dependable

Comments about Lion Brand Wool-Ease Yarn:

I LOVE Lion Brand Yarn's Wool Ease Yarn.

Just like all Lion Brand products, there's an unquestioned degree of quality before you even examine the yarn. You know what you're getting with any Lion Brand product -- a well made yarn that is just what you're looking for the whole way through.

Wool Ease is a heavy weight, thick yarn that's smooth enough to easily work up quickly and gives a beautiful texture and pattern to anything you're working on. In a variety of colors (I've used the gray on a number of projects), there's a good bet they have exactly what you're looking for.

All Lion Brand yarns are available on their website -- I've bought Wool Ease online (shipping came just as quoted and was all over a hassle-free experience) and from retailers -- obviously the retailers are a nice alternative, since they offer coupons and sales and specials and you can get a better price, but I always try to support smaller companies whenever possible!

Awesome

Comments about Lion Brand Wool-Ease Yarn:

I love this brand of yarn. It is easy to work with and it is great quality. I have made scarves and hats and headbands out of it and it is always warm and thick which is just how I want it. It is usually well prices, as well, which makes it an easy choice when looking for yarn to buy.
One thing that Lion Brand yarn does is they will have a picture of a project on the label of the yarn and include instructions on the inside of the label. This is a great way to find new projects and having the instructions when you buy the yarn is easier than buying a book for one pattern. I highly recommend this brand of yarn.

One of my favorites

Comments about Lion Brand Wool-Ease Yarn:

I'm a big crocheter. I love to crochet, especially in the winter. I've been crocheting since I was eight years old, which is over 20 years now. It's what I do for fun and to earn some extra spending money. For certain projects I love to use wool or a wool blend for a thicker, stronger and warmer piece. Loin Brand Wool-Ease Yarn is a favorite. This brand is 70% acrylic, 19% wool and 3% polyester and is machine washable and dryable. It comes in a variety of colors, number 301 white/multi is my favorite for holiday projects because it has a bit of glitter to it. This yarn comes in a skein that is 2 1/2 ounces (70 grams) and measures 162 yards (146 meters).
This yarn is very breathable, in spite of the fact that it is more than half acrylic. It's still very soft but you can definitely tell has lambswool mixed in it. Every time I make something using this yarn I get a bunch of compliments. It's stitches up nicely. I haven't had any ununiformed colors in Skeins. It washes nicely and still maintains its softness.

Economical, decent quality

from Fond Du Lac, WI

Comments about Lion Brand Wool-Ease Yarn:

This yarn is good to use if you're on a budget. It features a pretty wide range of colors and is easy to work with. The main drawback is that it tends to be scratchy, so it's not that good for making anything you plan to wear next to your skin (sweaters, socks, and similar items).

I've made about twenty scarves, dishcloths, and potholders with this yarn. It knits up easily, though it tends to pill more than the average. One big advantage is that it's relatively straightforward to wash, but I strongly recommend letting it air-dry instead of putting it inside your dryer. I made the latter mistake once with a scarf. The dryer completely frayed and destroyed the tassels after just ten minutes. Luckily, the rest of the scarf sustained barely any damage.

You may be able to reduce the scratchiness of this yarn if you wash it with mild detergent. I've had mixed results using that method. Anyway, it's one of my top choices for making scarves and various non-clothing gift items.

a pleasure to crochet with

from Columbus, OH

Comments about Lion Brand Wool-Ease Yarn:

This is one of my favorite yarns to crochet with. I have crocheted for about 25 years and have used all kinds of yarn. I like this because it has the feel of wool but it's not as expensive as pure wool is. You can make just about anything out of it and the variety of colors is great.

Lion Brand Wool-Ease Yarn is my FAVORITE!

from Portland, OR

Comments about Lion Brand Wool-Ease Yarn:

I love love love Lion Brand! The quality is the very best you can get at any fabric/craft store. The prices can sometimes be a little steep but the yarn is so worth it! All of the products by Lion Brand are excellent. The Wool-Ease is a great washable acrylic-wool mix. I just recently made a sweater out of the regular Wool-Ease and it is so comfy and warm! I have also used Wool-Ease thick & quick and it is awesome for making chucky scarfs or hats for winter! I crochet and Wool-Ease is a dream to work with. The threads don't separate like some other yarn brands. There are also tons of beautiful, vibrant colors to choose from so you can use it for any project you can imagine.

good valued yarn

from Redmond, WA

Comments about Lion Brand Wool-Ease Yarn:

Wool ease is one of my favorite yarn. It's easy to knit and crochet with. It's a little itchy unwashed, after washing it's a lot better. I made a blanket with this yarn, it's the best valued yarn I think.

from Redmond, WA

Comments about Lion Brand Wool-Ease Yarn:

This a an affordable, basic wool blend yarn. It comes in many great colors and is washable. Very good choice for knitting blankets that need to be washed easily and often. It is available in many stores and on-line to purchase and it is easy to find it on sale.