1.2

1.2

Waste of money!

from Paulsboro, NJ

Comments about Peticure Elite Trimmer:

The Peticure nail trimmer is a waste of time and money. I tried to use it in my hospital on a dog and I ended up throwing it to the side and asking for the nail trimmers that actually work. This thing took FOREVER to file down the nail. The dog absolutely detested it! It was easier to use the regular trimmers. It also got hot very fast and we had to keep changing to little filer that was in it. I would never recommend this product to anyone because it just takes too long and the animals don't like to noise or the feeling.

Only purchase if you want your dog to hate you

from Ozark, MO

Comments about Peticure Elite Trimmer:

I was always afraid of hurting my little Westie by trimming his nails the "old fashioned way" by using the pet clippers, so I purchased the Peticure Elite thinking that I was doing him and myself a great favor. Unfortunately, I was wrong. This product caused my dog great discomfort in several ways. First of all, the noise scared him, making it so several of us had to hold him down which was rediculous. Then the filing pad grabbed his nail wrong, causing my dog to scream. We gave up right then, and my dog hid under the table for an hour. None of us blamed him for being mad at us.

This product may work for some people, but it didn't work for us at all. I'll take a chance with the old fashioned pet clippers when I get brave enough and he trusts me again.

The Peticure Elite was not worth me buying.

from Granville, VT

Comments about Peticure Elite Trimmer:

Oh the ads for this make trimming your dogs or even cats toenails look like a breeze.  I got sucked right in and bought one against my husbands better judgement.  He told me over and over that the dogs would never let me use it, to the point where I'd only get it out when he was at work.  I followed their training suggestions and day by day tried getting my three rottweilers used to the noise of the machine.  I spent hours doing this.  After a while, yeah, they would let me run it with their paws in my lap.  After ONE use on each dog, I wasn't able to go near them with the Peticure again.  All three of my dogs were frightened horribly by the vibration.  After that one time, I couldn't even turn it on without them running and hiding in our bedroom.

The worst part was that this thing is a cheapy dremel.  I already own a really nice dremel tool and could've saved myself the money by trying to trim their nails with that.

Poor dogs.

wast of money and time

from Cupertino, CA

Comments about Peticure Elite Trimmer:

i have three small dogs and its such a pain the the but when i try to cut thier nails! i hat doing it i always get my husband to do it. so when I saw this thing and thought it would be easyer to clip my dogs nails  i paid like i think 50 and though it would be a good deal if it did every thing it says it did. i was so wrong i tried to do my dogs nail and it didnt even work the moter kept stoping and the noise was so loud that it scard my dogs. the nail filer thing didnt even file down my dogs nails it says its supposed to work on all dogs sizes but it dosent my sister brought over her dog to use it on him and he is a regular size dog and it did nothing to his nails and he got scard of the noise as well and the motor kept stoping if the nail was pressed to hard on the file thing but you couldnt even put he dogs nail on the filer becasue the stupid motor would stop i think this was a waste of money!! and time!!

If you love your pet,don't use it

from Hebron, KY

Comments about Peticure Elite Trimmer:

The peticure elite must be the worst thing I have ever purchased. My dog Mac is a very good dog so I thought he would do really good with this, but I was wrong. This thing grabs hold of the dogs nail and jerks it and the noise from it is terrible. I was at the pet store one day and they had them on sale, I saw a couple debating on to get one,I told them if you love your dog do not buy that. To this day if I toch or wipe off my dogs paws he gets very upset and trys to bite me. So I take him to get them done by a groomer and I just wish I would of read the reviews on this, before trying it on my dog. He is very skiddish when he gets a bath or his ears cleaned and he was not like that before. I would never hurt my dog on purpose and I think doing this scared him for life. When he comes in from outside and has muddy paws he turns into a different dog when Igo to wipe them off,he trys to bite me like never before. So don't use it if you love your pet.