Other Dog Groomings:
Brushes, Grooming Item, Other Material
KONG
KONG Zoom Groom For Dogs

KONG Zoom Groom For Dogs

Nothing beats this efficient little brush for dogs, cats,equine.

**I DISCOVERED THIS GREAT LITTLE "BRUSH" WHEN I HAD ONLY A CAT.  IT PULLED OFF THE HAIR IN SHEETS!  IT WAS GREAT.  NOW I HAVE WHITE GERMAN SHEPHERD.  SHEPHERDS BLOW THEIR COAT TWICE A YEAR AND SHED CONTINUOUSLY THE REST OF THE YEAR.  THE ZOOM GROOM PULLS OFF THE UNDERCOAT WITH GUSTO!!  I HAVE ONE FOR EACH HAND!  NOTHING ELSE COMPARES.  **

**IT ALSO WORKS GREAT FOR EQUINE.  I USE THESE BRUSHES TO HELP MY DONKEYS SHED OUT THEIR WINTER COATS.  THEY LOVE IT.**

Works okay but I don't think I would buy again

I bought two of the Kong Zoom Groom for dogs.  I got the read and the blue thinking that one of them would work.  I have an 80 pound lab who is very mellow and loves to be brushed.  I sat her down and started brushing her.  I got some hair off but very little.  I though that it might be just the one that I had chosen so I opened the other and started to brush her with it.  I had the same result -- very little hair removed.  I wondered if it was me so I re-read the instructions as well as getting my husband to read them to me (big accomplishment there!!!).  I tried it again and he tried it as well.  We both got the same result.  So I began thinking that maybe it was a product that had to be used multiple times before it would show results.  I brushed her everynight for a week and still had the same little bit of fur while there was white fur all over my brown couch.  We ended up buying a different brand of product and have been happy with it.  I am all for Kong's toys but the Kong Zoom Groom for dogs was a dissapointment.

Not ideal for a Golden (or other long haired dog)

Comments about KONG Zoom Groom For Dogs:

I have a 13-month old Golden Retriever and decided to try out this Kong Zoom Groom when she hit about six months and I was looking for something that didn't have the piercing bristles. Well, this groom brush is definitely cute (I love the puppy dog face on it) and it is certainly more gentle than most of the wire bristle brushes on the market. My pup likes to be rubbed with it and sits or rolls over nicely when I take it out (which she doesn't do for her other brushes), but for a long-haired dog, it just doesn't really help with catching all the loose hairs. In fact, I've managed to get my pups hair a bit tangled when trying to pull this zoom groom through it. The rubber bristles (if that's what I should refer to them as) are strong enough (as everything Kong usually is), but the size is just too big to be effective at actually taking the place of a brush. I still use it on occasion, as it's comfortable to hold and my pup really does like the sensation, but I don't rely on it for actual hair removal or grooming.

Not impressed

from Southfield, MI

Comments about KONG Zoom Groom For Dogs:

When I first saw this dog brush I thought it was really cool. It reminded me of the curry combs that you use on horses. I figured horses seem to really enjoy the curry combs so perhaps my dogs would enjoy this brush as well.
Unfortunately it just didn't really work out that way. The rubber that the Kong Zoom Groom is made out of just kind of gets stuck in my dogs hair. Even my dog with short hair, this kind of sticks. Also, because the bristles are really more of cones they don't really do much in the way of removing hair. If it doesn't remove hair that means I'll have to go back over the dogs with a brush that actually does remove hair. That's twice the work and when you've got three dogs that's too much extra work!
Since it sticks against the skin it wasn't even great for a massage. None of my dogs really seemed to enjoy it much. All in all this purchase was a total flop. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

Kong Zoom Groom is great for short haired dogs

from Erie, PA

Comments about KONG Zoom Groom For Dogs:

I saw the Kong Zoom Groom at my local PetsMart and saw that it claims to remove the loose undercoat like a magnet so I figured I give it a shot. I used it first on my short haired mixed breed dog and it seemed to do an OK job at collecting the hair on the brush instead of it going on the floor. The brush it's self if pretty comfortable to hold and is made of a rubber so it doesn't irritate my dogs skin like some brushes do. My dog normally doesn't really care for getting brushed but really does seem to love being brushed by the Kong Zoom Groom. I think it also massages your dog while you brush. I've found that the Zoom Groom is great to use when bathing your dog it helps to lather the shampoo into your dog's fur, not to mention it gets a lot of the loose hairs out of the coat. It's definitely become a main part of bath time with my dog. I did find that the Kong Zoom Groom doesn't really work as well with my long coated dog but that's OK because it's great for the short haired dog.

Zoom groom by kong

Comments about KONG Zoom Groom For Dogs:

I have a beagle / collie mix dog and I eat sleep and live with her hair. Well let me say this she is five years old and have been searching for something to help with this problem. Today 6/23/2013 I purchased the zoom groom and I am so happy I did this tool is amazing. It takes off hair ten times better then a brush and my dog does not mind me doing it. I bought a rake which she hated and it broke her hair. I cannot express how happy I am that I chose your tool. All I can say is WOW!!!! Keep making this tool in case I need to get another one and THANK YOU!!!!!!! Love it.

Very useful to use during bath time.

Comments about KONG Zoom Groom For Dogs:

I have a double coated northern breed of dog and he has a very fluffy coat with a cottony undercoat. He sheds a lot, so a good brush is a must in our household. When I went to the pet store, I was recommended this Zoom Groom brush. At that time, I didn't know much about brushes, so I went ahead and bought it. When I tried the brush on my dog, I was sorely disappointed. The brush did nothing for his coat. It barely penetrated his top coat to get to the shedding undercoat. If you have a double coated breed, know that this brush doesn't brush deep enough to loosed the undercoat. What I found was useful about this brush though, is that is work very well in the shower as kind of a scrub brush. In the shower, your dog's fur is wet and this brush seems to help massage the soap into the skin of your dog. Using this brush in the shower seemed to create more undercoat fallout that not using it. I recommend this brush as a shower brush, but not as a regular grooming brush.

Kong Zoom Groom for Dogs works good!

from Saint Paul, MN

Comments about KONG Zoom Groom For Dogs:

The Zoom Groom dog brush has really been a big help in our household! My sisters dog has been staying with me and has a foul odor as he loves to roll in the snow. With my medical problems and his size, I could never get him in the bath tub or to the groomers. So, I went to the petstore in search of the furminator...and they told me to get this instead. They said they use it in their grooming salon...and it works great. Since I do not wet my dog prior to use....I got a waterless shampoo and spray that on the brush....then brush him. At first it does not look like much is coming off....but if you keep going.. pretty soon the whole brush is full of hair! Its soft, so it does not hurt the dog in anyway. He loves his brushing time!!!! Every now and then I spray some more waterless shampoo on the brush. After we are done, he smells GREAT and have tons of hair in the brush. Works great for his shedding! I highly recommend this brush, but want to add, dont stop using it if you dont see hair right away. Keep going, the brush will get full!

The best doggy massager

from Taylor, MI

Comments about KONG Zoom Groom For Dogs:

My beagle jack russel mix loves her pink kong zoom groom for dogs. It takes out a ton of her loose fur and gives her a wonderful massage at the same time. It is her favorite grooming tool. It also is comfortable to your hand. Even though it is shaped like a dog you can also use it on other animals. My cats loove it too. Every dog I know that has got to experience the kong zoom groom on their back has loved it. My beagle jack russel mix isn't a fan of regular brushes or combs but she is definately a huge fan of the  kong zoom groom. It doesn't just come in pink either it comes in boy colors too. The pink color does win my beagle jack russel mix over too. It removes a lot of her fur and gets rid of all her loose and dead hair. It makes her fur and hair so soft and beautiful. It works on short hair and long hair alike. Most brushes and combs dont work on be my beagles short hair but the kong zoom groom does!

Kong Zoom Groom is perfect for pesky undercoat!

from Philadelphia, PA

Comments about KONG Zoom Groom For Dogs:

I have a pit/lab mix and he's a wonderful little guy, but he gets these big tufts of undercoat that you can pull out with your fingers.  Of course you can't pull it all out with your fingers and so it ends up on my carpet, my couch and of course in gross hair balls all over the floor.

Kong Zoom Groom is one of my favorite dog grooming products!  I've tried just about all of them, and this is the one I've found to be most effective.  The groomer I take him to was the one who suggested it because I was frustrated that the shedding continued between groomings.  With any animal you expect shedding, but Benjamin is one hairy little guy!  After trying the metal 'scraper' looking brushes that I think looked painful and several other rubber brushes this is really the one I will stick with.

The down side is you have to frequently clean the brush while using it, and if you have a furry dog like I do you'll have to spend a lot of time keeping them patient while you clean out the brush.  The brush does clean off rather easy as well! Other than that this is the ideal grooming tool for me.

Brush is alright

from Springfield, VA

Comments about KONG Zoom Groom For Dogs:

This brush is quite soft, which is why I bought it for my dog.  Also, I trust the Kong type/brand of toys and dog accessories.  They  are very well made.  My dog sheds year round, and this does remove a lot of hair.  In fact, when you rub the dog, it's like it's snowing outside.  My dog loves the massage, too, but it does make a big mess, with the hair flying all around.  It does get out the undercoat well, though. Because of the mess issue, (I got tired of looking around for every single tuft of hair in my lawn), I got a Furminator brush.  They are very pricey, but they work great, and mostly the don't scatted clumps of hair all around the area.  This brush is so neat, I hardly get hair on my clothes, and can just use it to touch up for a few minutes every other day.  I've even used it indoors on cold winter days, which is amazing.  I've ended up using the kong as a chew toy for m dog when I'm brushing him with the Furminator.

Kong Zoom Groom works wonders!

from Denver, CO

Comments about KONG Zoom Groom For Dogs:

I have always had long-haired, big dogs and the accompanying shedding problem.  When I took my dog for a bath, the place had this Zoom Groom in the bath area to help loosen dead hair.  It works wonders!  The little rubber "fingers"  grab through to the undercoat and pull out dead hair by the clump.  I was pleasantly surprised at the volume of fur that came out, especially give that I already brush my dog for 10 minutes a day with a wire pin brush.  I also used the Zoom Groom while shampooing my dog to help work the shampoo and conditioner into her coat, and she seemed to really love the "massage" feel.  I went ahead a bought a new Zoom for home, and have subsequently learned that it works really well dry - you can take the Zoom out in the yard and rub your dog's coat in small circles (think wax on, wax off), pull off the accumulated fur, and leave it out for the nesting birds that appreciate the softer undercoat fur.  Note that this DOES NOT pull off the top coat very easily, so you don't have to worry about taking off too much hair.