Other Dog Groomings:
FURminator
FURminator FURejector De-shedding Tool for Dogs

FURminator FURejector De-shedding Tool for Dogs

Love it! Works perfectly

Let me just say that my dogs hate being brushed and at the same time I hate finding dog hair well..everywhere! I used to take them to the pet store to be groomed but there were times when that just didn't work out or I didn't want to waste money to let someone brush my dogs for me.

I have an Aussie and a Chocolate lab and both of them shed like crazy. I found the Furminator De-shedding Tool for Large Dogs online. The reviews were mainly positive so I figured why not try it out, it can't hurt and it costs less than a trip to the groomer.

This bright yellow brush works amazingly. After using it on my Aussie I was truly shocked at how much hair came off of him. It was like he had another dog hiding underneath all of his hair. The brush works perfectly on both short and long-haired dogs. It has definitely saved me trips to the groomer. Instead I can brush my dogs at home.

The Furminator is extremely durable and is even able to work-out the tangles that long-haired dogs sometimes get. The brush works as advertised and is able to get rid of the dead undercoat. My dogs always look so much nicer after being brushed with the Furminator!

The FURminator does work but be careful to how often you use it

I bought the original FURminator after hearing all the hype about it being able to getting clumps of dog hair out before it would get all over the house. I used the FURminator and was pretty impressed at all the hair that came out of my dog, who is groomed by myself weekly. I was really happy with my purchase until I noticed that my dogs coat started looking a bit off, the FURminator was actually doing damage and cutting my dog's top coat.

What I found out after looking online is that if used too often or not properly that the FURminator can damage the coat, which I was completely unaware of. I found a lot of groomers don't recommend the FURminator because so many people are out there doing exactly what I was and they were seeing more and more dogs with damaged coats. Some groomers do admit that if the FURminator is used correctly and only when necessary then it's a great too but to many people out there aren't using it properly and are using it too often. I really think that the FURminator should be sold with a pamphlet or DVD to show people how to properly use their product.

Worth the money!

Comments about FURminator FURejector De-shedding Tool for Dogs:

I spent a lot of money trying different combs and brushes for my terrier/shepherd mix who sheds like no other and I really wish I knew about this tool before spending all that money on useless products that pale in comparison to this one.

My dog, Nalia, isn't always a fan of being groomed, but she'll lay down and gladly let me comb her with this tool. It takes me about 5 minutes to just run the comb in even rows down the length of her body and the comb literally picks up the undercoat that would have otherwise ended up on my carpet and all over the apartment.

Some times it doesn't pick up all the hairs, maybe a few here and there are just loosened and fall to the floor, but I can easily just ball it up and throw it away so I have no complaints.

By the way, Nalia is a medium sized dog, about 36 pounds, and I got the large size. I was afraid it'd be too big to maneuver around her body, but it actually works perfectly.

The FURminator does work but be careful to how often you use it

from Erie, PA

Comments about FURminator FURejector De-shedding Tool for Dogs:

GREAT PRODUCT! Worth the money!

from Appleton, WI

Comments about FURminator FURejector De-shedding Tool for Dogs:

I use it on our long haired cats - works amazingly well, and the cats even love it! It gets the extra fur out so easily, and I love the part of the tool that you push and the fur pops right off the brushing tool. I LOVE this product!

Painless, easy, fast removal of excess dog fur/hair.

from Chicago Ridge, IL

Comments about FURminator FURejector De-shedding Tool for Dogs:

I don't know who loves this product more; me or my dog! The thing I like most about this product is that it is painless for both me and my pet. I have tried other hair removal brushes, but their bristles were extremely sharp and would scratch badly! My dog truly seems to enjoy being groomed with the Furminator, almost like I'm just scratching him myself. The most amazing thing is how much excess fur it actually removes. I have a short-haired pet, so I am always amazed at the volume of fur it removes almost effortlessly. I highly recommend using this product outside (I use it on my porch) so that you can control where all the fur accumulates. As an added bonus, regular use of the Furminator (about once a month for me) has helped greatly reduce my allergies/asthma symptoms! I highly recommend the Furminator!

FUR-BE-GONE 101

from Arden, NC

Comments about FURminator FURejector De-shedding Tool for Dogs:

This dog grooming tool is the best that I have come across. I have a seventy-five pound German Shephard - Shiloh Shephard. Since he is of this breed, he only requires bathing once-to-twice a year; therefore, I had to figure out how I could keep his fur coat healthy, shiny and matte-free. The Furminator is a wonderful gadget. German Shephards have a water-proof coat, meaning that they have two layers of fur. The Furminator is designed to remove hair from both coats, which kills two birds with one stone; most other pet brush companies do not even take this concept into consideration. I highly recommend this product to any who loces his pet enough to put up with all the shedding - Hair. You will be amazed to see how much this brush can do!

FURminator saves a fortune on grooming

from Mckeesport, PA

Comments about FURminator FURejector De-shedding Tool for Dogs:

We used to spend a small fortune on our dog to get him groomed at least 4 times a year. We probably should have had him groomed more, but it got a bit expensive. He is a Lab/Chow mix and sheds like crazy all year round. Since we found the Furminator, we only get him groomed right before summer, and that's to get his coat cut. The Furminator has been a lifesaver. Not only has it cut down on the grooming costs, it has also cut down on the amount of time I have to run the sweeper. It used to be at least twice every day because of the fur. Now it's only every other day. The Furminator is easy to use and helps pull out his undercoat. His coat is left soft and shiny, and he loves getting combed. The Furminator pulls out all the loose hair. The only downside is that so much hair is brushed out that it's best to do the grooming out doors, unless you want fur all over your house.

Furminator works!

from Murfreesboro, TN

Comments about FURminator FURejector De-shedding Tool for Dogs:

I was really, REALLY skeptical about this product, and waited a long time to finally buy it. I have a long haired dog and just couldnt take the crazy shedding any more. It was way to expensive in the store so I bought it online for much cheaper. This thing works great, gots lots of hair on the first use. You just have to be gentle because if you're too rough with it you'll rip the hair out, and it hurts if you rake it across the skin too hard.

It has a very study construction, and is much heavier than it looks in the picture. The blades are sharp and of a high quality metal. I do think that this product is best used outside though, fur tends to fly all over the place when you use it and its easier to clean up outdoors.

Not so good on Pugs

from Ridgecrest, CA

Comments about FURminator FURejector De-shedding Tool for Dogs:

I bought one of these after reading review after review of possitive comments. Well it didn't end up working all that well on a blonde pug with an undercoat. This little dog sheds more than most full size Labs I know, so we were hoping for anything that would work and thin out the coat a bit. I don't know if it is because of the super fine fur, or the different overcoat and undercoat, but for some reason the furminator didn't seem to do much on this dog. Normal wire brushes seem to work a lot better at grabbing the loose hair than the furminator. It seemed to work great on the full size Chow however. You have to be a bit more careful with the furminator than other brushes most are used to as it is fairly sharp and you can really dig into the animal. I think I'll stick with the old pet wire brushes for now on the Pug. It just seemed to do the trick, without having to be near as cautious with the brush.

The Furminator terminates shedding!

from Gainesville, FL

Comments about FURminator FURejector De-shedding Tool for Dogs:

My friend has an English bulldog and when he bought him he assumed that because he was of a short-haired breed he would not shed nearly as much as he does. However, this dog sheds so much that a new dog could be made from all of the excess fur coating every surface of the apartment and every piece of clothing that comes into contact with him. After seeing the advertisements  for the Furminator on television my friend went down to the local Petsmart and purchased one. It has made such a big difference! BY using the Furminator he is able to prevent a lot of the shedding before it happens. On the down side, the Furminator has to be used almost every day to prevent new loose fur from shedding and it doesn't get all of the loose fur no matter how well it is used. While I would definitely recommend this tool to someone with a similar shedding problem, I wish it worked better and prevented shedding entirely.

Works better than expected!

from Austin, TX

Comments about FURminator FURejector De-shedding Tool for Dogs:

I was a little skeptical about the Furminator when I first ordered it.  I was worried that the dog would hate it, that it would not work as easily as advertised and that it would be a waste of money.  I have a beagle and husky mix that sheds like crazy.  When I first got the furminator, it looked sharp and I was unsure if it was safe.  After running it once through my dogs fur, it picked up a TON of fur.  The majority of the fur stuck to the comb, so I got a trash can and just dumped the hair into the trash.  I try to do this daily now for about 5 minutes.  The amount of hair laying around the house is noticeably less and the comb hasn't become dull.  My dog seems to enjoy the comb running through his fur, it seems to have a massage like effect.  I would definitely recommend this to any friends or family that have a shedding dog, it is much easier than vacuuming daily.  I purchased the large one and it has worked well.