2.9
Other Dog Groomings:
Pet Select

2.9

Works wonders for cat's coat!

I had always used wire brushes for my cats without thinking much of it. Then one day I actually cut myself when I caught myself on one of the wires and thought "jeez, how good can this feel to my cats?"  I decided to try something else and came across the Love Glove. I didn't think the 'bristles' would reach far enough to get a good hair removal going, but I gave it a shot.

I was amazed at the amount of hair the Love Glove pulled off!! I was sold right away. The hair comes off easily and by the handfuls . The only thing that I found bad about it was that my cats do not like to be brushed by it. They didn't like the wire brush much either though, so them not liking it was not an issue.

You will want to brush using the Love Glove outside or in an area that you won't mind a lot of cat hair flying around. The hair gets everywhere! The Love Glove won't work if you just graze it over your cat's coat, you will need to give it a bit of pressure, like a nice massage.

I have a Siamese who has medium hair and a very long-haired domestic. The Love Glove worked wonders on both lengths and types of hair. My Siamese had a bit of dander before and now, with using the Love Glove, her dander has disappeared. Both cats' coats are MUCH softer than ever and shinier.

I will definitely recommend this product to anyone with cats.

:0)

Flimsy and Not Very Effective

I own short haired dogs, and while grooming them is a cinch, I do still have to contend with the seasonal shedding.

My local pet store had the Pet Select Love...Read complete review

My local pet store had the Pet Select Love Glove Pet Grooming Mitt on sale recently for a really low price, and since I couldn't find my normal grooming utensil (a Zoom Groom), I decided to grab one. It's Spring, and the dogs are shedding, so I figured it had to be better than nothing, right?

Wrong.

First off, some of the bristles were sharp to the touch, and I didn't notice this right away. Unfortunately, I noticed it when my dog winced and jerked away from me while I was rubbing him with the mitt. Upon closer inspection, I noticed some of the nubs had points on them.

Secondly, the entire red part of the mitt started to pull away from the fabric within 5 minutes of using it. Very cheaply made.

And third, the bristles are too far apart or something, because this mitt didn't trap or remove any fur like it claims to.

Lastly, the mitt itself is so big, I couldn't get it to stay on my hand. Granted, I have small hands, but you'd really have to have large hands for this to fit comfortably.

Save your money and skip this product. It's just really poorly made and doesn't do what it claims to do.

Flimsy and Not Very Effective

from Concord, NC

Wrong.

Not all that great

from Southfield, MI

Comments about Pet Select Love Glove Pet Grooming Mitt:

I thought this would be really cool. In theory it seems like a fantastic idea. In practice however, this was just not well executed.
I have a pit bull with short hair and a Pomeranian with longer hair. I have tried The Pet Select Love Glove Pet Grooming Mitt on both of them. It did not work any better on the short haired dog than it did on the long haired one. So my poor review is not just a matter of this being meant for a dog with different hair.
This didn't seem to remove any hair from my pit bull. In fact, he's pretty sensitive and he didn't even seem to enjoy it very much.
On my Pomeranian it didn't seem to remove any more hair than normal petting would if she's currently shedding and needs to be brushed. On her, the little nubs were not long enough to get though her hair. I'm sure it didn't feel like a nice brushing to her because there is no way she could feel the nubs through all her fur.
Lastly, my hands are pretty small. If I wasn't careful the glove would shift around on my hand funny. I had to keep readjusting it.

only for a hairless dog!

from Drakesboro, Ky

Comments about Pet Select Love Glove Pet Grooming Mitt:

I have a German Sheppard who has long hair and bought this for him to try to help him with his shedding issues. This product simply could not hold up to the amount of grooming needed on a large breed dog! If you have a small short haired dog, this would likely work for you, but ....if you have a large breed dog that sheds? this is sooo not the product for you!!! After every swipe you have to clean it off the hair gets stuck in the little prongs in it and is just more a pain in the rear then its worth. A great idea to make it seem like the owner is just petting the animal but in reality? get a dog brush they are more durable and stand up better to thick haired animals. My dog didn't like how it felt either and kept running away from it even when he will sit perfectly still for a dog brush. Wont be ever using this again in my home and would not EVER recommend it for anyone who has a large dog.

Comments about Pet Select Love Glove Pet Grooming Mitt:

I thought this product would be an easier way of getting my dog brushed. I was wrong. I have a Siberian Husky. Need I say more? This absolutely does not get the job done. I would recommend this more for people who have dogs that don't shed a lot or a smaller dog. It's just irritating.

Great for cats who love to be pet!

Comments about Pet Select Love Glove Pet Grooming Mitt:

First of all, the name of this glove is pretty funny. "Love Glove" definitely got me at the store! My cat Lou constantly grooms himself and coughs up disgusting hairballs, so I asked the workers at the store what they recommended and they showed me this grooming tool. The glove has this silicon type of material on one side and all you do is slip on the glove and start petting your cat. I don't know how the material catches the hair, but it certainly does. I like that my cat is getting groomed and he seems to love it. When I pull this glove out and sit on the couch, he immediately comes running to me and sits on my lap. When I groom him with this glove he starts purring! I think this glove brush is a great product ideal for cat owners who's cat sheds. This is also good for people who have cats that hate brushes, but are okay with petting. The glove feels more like a hand than it does a brush.

This is a good idea that doesn't work as it should.

from Key West, FL

Comments about Pet Select Love Glove Pet Grooming Mitt:

This glove is great in that it gets you to pet and stroke your pet more than maybe you would otherwise. But when I tried it I found that it didn't remove any fur at all and felt cumbersome and uncomfortable to use. My pets could tell that it didn't feel as good as when I would pet them with my bare hand and they really didn't care for me using it on them. I was really disappointed when it didn't pull out any hair at all. I regretted having bought it.

Very soothing for animal---fills up fast though.

from Spartanburg, SC

Comments about Pet Select Love Glove Pet Grooming Mitt:

Very soothing for the animal--holds fur but not a lot. Have to clean it out frequently-especially on a long-haired dog. Short haired pets would be better for this product.Easy to clean though, so I guess it balances itself out!Could probably use a comb for the same affect--except the animals love being petted!

Works for small amounts but you'll probably need more

from Denver, CO

Comments about Pet Select Love Glove Pet Grooming Mitt:

I used this on my VERY FURRY dog quite a bit, the upside being that he didn't realize hair was being pulled off him and was somewhat indifferent, although he might have even enjoyed the stroking. However with his amount of fur this glove barely made a dent, although the glove is covered in fur pretty quickly. We had to use clippers and scissors when we really wanted to get rid of a good amount of fur. Also, for his matted or thicker areas it didn't do anything. It probably works better for shorter haired dogs and cats.

Wish it worked a little better

from Bridgewater, NJ

Comments about Pet Select Love Glove Pet Grooming Mitt:

This product works but does not collect enough of my dogs hair. He likes the way it feels so it makes it easy to groom him (likes all the attention) but it does not pick up enough of the loose hairs. It would be great if this product worked more effectively because it is easy to use and not as dramatic as using the handyvac on him!

Good for short haired dog - but not an all in one - Love Glove

from Muskego, WI

Comments about Pet Select Love Glove Pet Grooming Mitt:

I had two dogs - one was a short haired mix (lab mix), one was a long haired mix. It did absolutely NOTHING for the long haired dog. In fact it caught her long hair and would pull her hair on occasion. I do NOT recommend this at all for long haired animals. But for my lab mix - her coat was short and this worked well. She LOVED to be petted with it. It was probably better at massaging her or scratching her then collecting excess hair because it fills up quickly and needs to have the extra hair picked off before we can begin again. But her little hairs stick well to the Pet Select Love Glove Pet Grooming Mitt. The Love Glove really does seem to pull the hairs off of coat and get them to stick to the glove. It didn't fill up so quickly it would be a perfect tool. That being said - while it isn't a perfect tool - for a short haired coat - it is an effective tool that pulls the loose hairs from the coat and collects them.