4.8
Pepcid Complete Chewable Dual Action Tablets

Pepcid Complete Chewable Dual Action Tablets

4.8

Complete Stomach Acid Relief with only a Few Side Effects

**Pepcid Complete** is a product manufactured by Johnson & Johnson Inc., one of the world's foremost names in health care products. This medicine is formulated in a more "complete" manner, combining the acid- reducing benefits that you get with regular Pepcid AC along with the indigestion relief that you get from calcium and magnesium **Medicine Commentary:** I have been using Pepcid for many years now as a means of controlling my occasional problems with acid reflux. I don't have a problem that is serious enough to warrant a prescription. I can usually get what I want through a potent, OTC medicine. And Pepcid products are among the best available for fighting a tough case of stomach acid. The main reason for the effectiveness of Pepcid Complete is the active ingredient famotidine- an ingredient that works to reduce stomach acid. This ingredient was once available only as a prescription but is now included in Pepcid Complete as well as the other Pepcid products. It goes to work right away, reducing the acid level in the stomach to stop annoying heartburn. Pepcid Complete offers consumers a product that combines the famotidine of Pepcid AC with the antacid- fighting ingredients of calcium carbonate and magnesium hydroxide. Because of these additional ingredients, Pepcid Complete is a good choice for those occasions where you can already feel the painful effects of too much food and drink and need some quick relief. Pepcid AC, on the other hand, is an acid reducer that is recommended to be taken *before* a heavy meal. I often reach for Pepcid AC when I'm about to go to an all you can eat buffet, a party, or some other event where eating and drinking are going to be taking place in excess. Pepcid Complete is good for those days when you unexpectedly overconsume and need something to stop the pain of heartburn and/or indigestion. One other thing that is different about Pepcid Complete is the tablets themselves. First of all, they are larger than other Pepcid products. Second, they are also chewable and they come in two different flavors: mint and mixed berry. This makes them easy to take and swallow for young kids and adults alike and the flavors are pleasant. But since they are chalky, you can expect to get bits of the tablet stuck in your teeth. This is why I actually prefer Pepcid AC non- chewable tablets. They are so small that you barely notice when you take them and there is no chalky remains after you swallow. The only negative experience I sometimes have with Pepcid Complete is that it can sometimes cause constipation. It doesn't do this all of the time, only some of the time. And from my experience, I can safely say that the discomfort caused by stomach acid is far worse than constipation. Thus, the possibility of being stuck for thirty minutes or more on the toilet is not enough to discourage me from taking this medicine. I did some research on this, and it appears that constipation results in only a fraction of the people who take this medicine- about twenty percent. Eighty percent should not experience this side effect at all.

**Bottom Line Viewpoint:**

Overall, Pepcid Complete is yet another effective medication from the folks at Pepcid for reducing stomach acid and for eliminating much of the discomfort caused by acid indigestion and heartburn. Because of the few disadvantages that I named, I cannot award this product with the coveted five- star prize. I would like it better if it was non- chewable and if the side effects would disappear. Nevertheless, Pepcid Complete is still a good, effective product for those who suffer from occasional bouts with stomach- related ailments. It's no substitute for some of the prescription- strength medications that some people need, but it comes awfully close.

Pepcid Complete works extremely fast, but doesn't last long.

Pepcid Complete is really great if you need fast heartburn relief. The chewable format allows them to be taken anytime that you need them, with or without water if you don't mind the taste. Pepcid Complete comes in a great mint flavor, which is the one I take. It starts to work within an hour and lasts for a while. However, you will have to take another one about 8 hours later as the effects start to wear off. Since the medicine is slightly expensive, this is hard to do. If you have a lot of heartburn, then this is not the medicine for you. If it is infrequently the Pepcid is good for the money. They just recently re-did their packaging and, I am assuming, their formula. I find that the new Pepcid does not work quite as well as the old type. This might just be me, but I would rather they went back to the older version rather than this new one. However, it does work good quickly if you need fast relief!

The first bottle I reach for when heartburn strikes.

from Annapolis, MD

Comments about Pepcid Complete Chewable Dual Action Tablets:

I have been taking Pepcid Complete for several years now. I choose Pepcid Complete as you can take it before heartburn starts if you know a meal or drink will cause heartburn or after heartburn has already struck. I never know which meal may give me heartburn and sometimes I get it for no apparent reason. It works fast.

Immediacy
Pepcid works fast. If I get heartburn I just take one and I start to feel relief within a few minutes.

• Immediacy:

Pepcid Complete: Instant and lasting heartburn relief

from Boca Raton, FL

Comments about Pepcid Complete Chewable Dual Action Tablets:

As a general rule, I have a pretty adaptive digestive system.  I can usually eat anything from bland & creamy to greasy and scorching hot and not suffer the consequences that many people report.

But, on occasion, particularly in instances where I have over-eaten I start to feel the effects of heartburn or acid reflux.  In the past I've used the usual remedies such as Tums or Rolaids and have gotten at least temporary relief most of the time.  But ordinarily I've found that in an hour or two, the price I paid for my gluttony returned.  Gaviscon provided longer lasting relief, but the chewing of a couple of tablets filled my mouth with an expanding marshmallow-like substance that had to be washed down with a large glass of water.

**So Last Hanukkah**

I had prepared a large batch of my traditional and curried sweet potato latkes for a group of friends.  This is truly a labor of love.  Well long story short, I pigged out on them.  Even as I felt myself full, I made room for a few more of the curried sweet potato variety.  Clearly, this was not a smart move.  Distress was fast arriving.

One of our guests could see my visible discomfort and immediately reached into her purse and produced a small packet of **Pepcid Complete** and not being one to look a gift-horse in the mouth, I quickly tore open the packet and began chewing the slightly chalky large mint flavored tablet.

**The Results**

In minutes I could feel the relief of the by now acute pain I was suffering.  But what impressed me more was the continuing relief they gave me for the rest of the evening.  By the time coffee and dessert were being served I was able to have a cup and a resonable serving of pumpkin pie.  Call me impressed.

**What's in it?**

**Pepcid Complete** contains three active ingredients.  Calcium carbonate and Magnesium hydroxide, traditional antacids work to quickly put out the fire.  **Famotidine**, a formerly prescription only acid reducer goes to work on the "acid pumps" in your stomach, temporarily shutting them down and provides the longer lasting relief.

**My Viewpoint**

Particularly for those of us who suffer only occasional heartburn or acid reflux, Pepcid Complete is a smart choice for your medicine cabinet.  Sure, it's on the pricey side, especially when compared to Tums or Rolaids, but when acute stomach pain attacks I don't tend to haggle.  I picked up a bottle of 50 tablets and keep them at the ready.  I'd recommend you do the same.

Pepcid Complete provided both immediate and lasting relief for indigestion and heartburn,

This OTC medication is very easily used. Simply chew a tablet followed by a glass of water.

Immediacy
In general I find I experience relief within very few minutes

• Immediacy:

Best thing that ever happened to me

from Gilbert, AZ

Comments about Pepcid Complete Chewable Dual Action Tablets:

I have been a fire breathing dragon since the disappearance of my beloved, lifesaving Pepcid complete. I have tried everything on the market trying to get some relief and nothing works like Pepcid complete did. With all these glowing reviews, I cannot imagine why they would take it away. Has anyone found another product that helps the way Pepcid did? It HURTS!

Fast Acting Decent Tasting Acid Reflux Relief

from Houston, TX

Comments about Pepcid Complete Chewable Dual Action Tablets:

I have lived battling acid reflux for about 3 years now. I chewed about 5 Tums everyday & chugged Apple Cider Vinegar hoping for relief. My husband saw a commerical for Pepcid Complete and suggested I try it because it said it would work quickly. I figured it would be better than taking Tums & ACV. I tasted one Pepcid Complete tablet and was sold!

It does still have a chalky tablet texture, but the flavoring makes it bearable almost like a vitamin. I does not taste medicine like. It starts to work almost immediately and withing minutes my acid reflux is gone. No more burning chest pain and I don't feel nauseated from taking medicine. Nor am I taking any other tablets later. I chew one & I am done. At least until the next day when I eat something else bad :)

I read other post where people have had side affects.  I have not noticed any side affects while using this product. I am sure side affects vary depending on the person.

Pepcid Complete cures the burning quickly

from Morristown, TN

Comments about Pepcid Complete Chewable Dual Action Tablets:

**Pepcid Complete Chewable Dual Action Tablets **are awesome, the relief is so quick and then it continues to last for a long time afterward. It is great for me because I never know when I am going to get heart burn, there doesn't seem to be any trend it my flare-ups, so I can just take one of these when I need it. That is instead of eating anythere from five to ten tums or rolaids. I love that I only have to take one of these and I prefer things that are chewable, I just do not care for swallowing pills. These don't taste bad either, in fact the taste is less offensive to me than that of the rolaids and the tums. There are so many of these in a bottle and if you only suffer from occassional heart burn, this will last you a long time.

Pepcid knocks out the indigestion

from Eastman, GA

Comments about Pepcid Complete Chewable Dual Action Tablets:

I'm not the type of person that often has trouble with indigestion or heartburn, so when I do have it, I can usually take some Tums and be ok. Well, when I had some much stronger indigestion and the Tums weren't working, I got some of these Pepcid Complete tablets. If memory serves me correctly, you can only take one at a time and have to wait several hours before you can take another one. For me, that was not a problem. One tablet, that had a nice taste, did the job for me! I got relief very quickly. I didn't have any problems for the next couple of days. These tablets usually cost more than your general indigestion reliever, but they are stronger and you don't have to take as many, so they will last you much longer.

Pepcid Complete - great heartburn relief

from Sewickley, PA

Comments about Pepcid Complete Chewable Dual Action Tablets:

Pepcid Complete is a wonderful medication. I take Prilosec on a daily basis and it is usually helpful to keep my reflux under control. For those instances when it doesn't, though (when I drink... or eat spicy foods...) -- Pepcid Complete is the way to go. One tablet contains both famotidine (Pepcid) as well as calcium carbonate and magnesium hydroxide (antacids). Between the three medications involved, my heartburn is usually under control pretty quickly. The tablet is a chewable tablet, and it doesn't taste bad either -- I like the berry flavored ones the best. It works pretty quickly too - no waiting around for it to take effect and for relief to arrive. The only problem I can foresee is if you don't like the berry flavor. Now if only I could learn to avoid spicy food and alcohol!

The Fastest, Best Heartburn Relief!

from Durham, NC

Comments about Pepcid Complete Chewable Dual Action Tablets:

Ever since becoming pregnant and having my daughter, I have suffered with occasional heartburn. The worst times are usually when lying down, or first thing in the mornign when my stomach is empty. I had tried the pill forms of Ranitidine (Zantac), and they worked successfully but took some time to be effective. Believe it or not, I started using Pepcid AC because I saw it in a Cameron Diaz movie; her character kept popping these lozenges during stressful moments. It is the only time that a movie product placement made me want to try a new item.

Pepcid AC was on sale at my local drugstore (buy one, get one free). What a deal! I took one of these chewables, and within minutes my heartburn was gone. Not only that, but it stayed gone for the rest of the day. For me, it acts longer than Tums or Rolaids, and more quickly than Zantac pills. This is one medicine that I now keep stocked in my first aid box. It is affordable, a great value, and tastes good. It also travels well; I would recommend this for anyone, but if you're pregnant check with your doctor. The long-lasting ingredient may not be recommended until after you deliver.

Pepcid Complete Chewable Dual Action Tablets are wonderful

from Shelby, NC

Comments about Pepcid Complete Chewable Dual Action Tablets:

Pepcid Compete Chewable Dual Action Tablets are wonderful. They are so good that they used to be by prescription only. Being over-the-counter, some people write them off as not being as good as prescription ones, but I can say that it's not true. Pepcid Compete Chewable Dual Action Tablets are neat because they are indeed chewable. They go to work fast, too. If you have ulcers, this drug promotes the healing of ulcers and prevents them from coming back. It also helps sour stomach, nausea, and the like. My father also uses these. He says he will take nothing else because if he stops taking them, he gets all kinds of werid stuff going on with his stomach. I say "weird stuff" because that's the way he describes it. I like all aspects of this product. The cost is comparable to other products in this area, so price is not an issue. Quality is. And, quality you get with this product. Sold nationally, it's found in virtually all natonal stores and then some.

I love Pepcid Complete Chewable Dual Action Tablets

from Shelby, NC

Comments about Pepcid Complete Chewable Dual Action Tablets:

I love Pepcid Complete Chewable Dual Action Tablets. They are great. They work well. In fact, I think they work wonders. I have acid reflux. But these make it go away and fast. If I take it before I get symptoms, it actually prevents my getting any sour stomach, any stomach ailments. It is more effective than such products as Tums or Rolaids. It is fast-acting and doesd provide real relief from stomach acid which causes so many problems. It comes in two flavors--berry and mint. I don't mind either flavor, but I prefer the verry flavor. They are chewable, which is why they provide fast relief. These used to be by prescription only, so you know they have to be good. Some say the product is expensive, but they aren't really. And, this is a product that goes on sale quite frequently at all stores. It also can be found at all stores in the nation. I do recommend this product, and I do hope that you heed my five-star review.