Other Foot Care Products:
Ped Egg Pedicure Foot File

Ped Egg Pedicure Foot File

Pros

Cons

It works, but not like it says, but still worth it.

Well, I saw this on TV and they said it was awesome and you could use it anywhere and that the little yuckies that come off your feet stay in it...Read complete review

Well, it does work wonders on your feet. Better then anything I have ever tried. The results were instant and it was more gentle then anything I have ever tried.

BUT

The only way that stuff is not going to fall out onto your floor is if you hold the rough/working part up at all times. The second you tilt it...out comes the yuckies.

So even though I do not believe that you can use it anywhere without getting the yuckies on your floor, it does the job amazingly.

It's an egg shaped cheese grater! But does it work? Kinda.

***Quick View:*** So it was about 3 a.m. and I watching some mindless TV show and some mindless commercial came on about an egg shaped foot file that collects dry, calloused foot skin as it gently shaves it off. No mess. You can get silky smooth feet without having to gross everyone and yourself out by using a foot file and having the skin fly all over. It was 3 a.m. and that sounded like a GREAT DEAL! I bought one for myself and one for my sister. It's OK but certainly not all that!***As Seen on TV Ped Egg Foot File***This plastic egg shaped...thing is a bit bigger than a real egg. It is made of plastic and is domed to fit well in the hand. When you remove the protective cover, there is what looks like a small cheese grater on there. It is metal with little holes. The idea is to use this grater thingy on your dry feet - on calluses, dry skin, hard spots - and the dead skin collects inside the egg. When you are done, you pop off the grater and toss out the gross skin pieces (which look like powder so they aren't all that gross). Then you snap on the buffer and buff your feet to smoothness.Naturally, this thing didn't look or work like the commercial said but, for me, it DID collect dry skin as I rubbed the grater over my feet. The grater isn't sharp and wlll not cut you. I used it on my heels, around the back of my feet and on my soles. I don't have calluses or anything but it is winter and my feet are dry. I opened the grater and there was, indeed, powdery like skin pieces in there. Kinda gross. I dumped it out and buffed with the buffer. I used some foot cream and my feet felt fine.However, my sister's **Ped Egg** doesn't do what she wants it to. The skin flies all over and doesn't seem to collect like mine does. I thinks she just doesn't know what she is doing. Heh. This is a very cheaply made little gadget that is really unnecessary. The results I got were similar to using good foot scrub in the shower or bath, then gently buffing and applying foot cream. It's a novelty. I'll use it now and then but it isn't a must have miracle product.***My Viewpoint***The **As Seen on TV Ped Egg Foot File **is a fun little egg that does trap dry skin (at least for me) and does shave down callouses and hard spots on the feet. I have no idea how long the grater part will last. It comes with one foot buffer but you can buy 10 when you order if you want. I didn't want. They didn't offer replacement graters. This also comes with foot cream which I have yet to try. The **Ped Egg **is ehhh...ya know. Seen on TV quality. ***3 stars***. Get it if you are curious but you won't be missing out on anything if you don't.

works great!

About Me Pedicure Addict

Pros

• Easy To Use
  • takes nasty callus away

Cons

• Rough feet

Comments about Ped Egg Pedicure Foot File:

I have terrible feet and I get big calluses on the side of my big toe and my heels get thick and rough. This is the only thing that takes it away. You just rub it back and forth across the rough parts with moderate pressure and be careful to stop before you file away too much. The ped egg holds the shavings inside it and when you are done you can open it and see all the powdery skin inside! It usually soak my feet before using it and it only takes a few minutes. The blades are replacable but I've never had to replace mine and I've had it a few years. I definitely recommend this to people who have bad spots on their feet.

Very good product.

Comments about Ped Egg Pedicure Foot File:

I bought this some time ago and I am glad I did. I use it monthly on my feet to get rid of dead skin and the results are great, smooth and touchable, no more skin snagging my stockings. I know it is not meant for skin conditions, but I have a touch of psoriasis on my elbow and when I gently rub the Ped Egg on the skin it removes all the dead skin. It makes it easier to apply my skin clear cream. This Ped Egg can and should be cleansed for each use and is very easy to clean. Remember Ped Egg must always be used on only dry skin, never moist, or it will not work correctly. You can buy replacement blades and emery pads, but I still do not need to buy any and I had this product for 2 years now. Follow the direction when using this product and you will see just how easy it is. Buy it and you will be very happy you did. Oh, remember all your lotions and creams will be better absorbed on skin that has less dead skin on it. Enjoy!

Gets Rid of Dead Skin

from wilkes barre, PA

Comments about Ped Egg Pedicure Foot File:

I have had my Ped Egg for years now and can say that if it is used alone it is really nothing amazing, but when used in conjunction with my normal foot lotions, it is really something special. I typically use the the Ped Egg at night before I apply my foot lotion. It really does exfoliate your feet and removes any excess dean skin. It is important to use the buffer pads that come with the kit after using the grated side or your feet will feel and look rough. I feel like it allows my foot lotion to absorb and moisturize better. It makes my feet look great in the summer when I wear sandals. It is not that expensive and it can be used may times. I would definitely recommend this to anyone with rough dry feet.

Gross, but kind of works.

Comments about Ped Egg Pedicure Foot File:

I bought this for obvious reasons. My feet get calluses from walking and I find that gross so I bought this hoping it would smooth them.

It does kind of work, but not really as well as I was hoping.

As I mentioned in the title, this product is also really gross, in my opinion. It is like a cheese grader for your feet. Gross! It gets rid of the dead skin any where you have it.

This only kind of works because it doesn't, or can not, get rid of 100% of the dead skin.

I would recommend this to someone who has only a little bit of dead skin on their feet rather than a person who walks a lot and had hard, callused feet.

Pretty good

Comments about Ped Egg Pedicure Foot File:

This Ped Egg Pedicure Foot File works, and works pretty well, but definitely does not replace a real pedicure. The Ped Egg works for me, but my feet are so bad. So I wouldn't recommend this to someone who has really dry feet and problems with their feet. The Ped Egg will be a major disappointment in that case.

Works great

Comments about Ped Egg Pedicure Foot File:

I usually have really dry rough feet so it invested in a ped egg pedicure foot file. I must say the ped egg pedicure foot file works great. I usually soak my feet in a hot foot bath to loosen the dry skin. Then I use my ped egg pedicure foot file to file the dry skin off of my heels and the sides of my big toes. I was really surprised by how well it actually works. If I soak my feet first then file them down and use lotion afterwards my feet end up as soft as a baby's.

lots of work for little improvement

from Westbrook, MN

Comments about Ped Egg Pedicure Foot File:

I bought the Ped Egg Professional some time ago. I don't have a bad problem with my feet, with callously rough heels, but occasionally, especially during the summer, when I wear flip flops and sandals the whole season, or go barefoot, my feet start getting rough and not so good feeling. I would rather go have a professional pedicure, but my budget doesn't always allow that, so I thought this would be a good weekly or daily quick remedy. First you use the one side, which is like a shin shaver, that works good, but does take some muscle to get good results. Then after you shave the skin with the file, you use the buffing side which mostly smooths the skin you just shaved and roughed up. I don't always feel really smooth after, but then I use lotion and it feels better. Like I said, this is a cheap alternative to use for in between pedicures, but I'm not sure I'm totally impressed with it. I probably will replace this with another one sometime, just because it is a quick fix and not expensive

Smooth as a Babies Bottom

from Smiths Station, AL

Comments about Ped Egg Pedicure Foot File:

I am a retired RN and have worked many years standing and walking.  My feet have really been abused.  Well, I am retired now and have time to pamper myself a little so when I saw this on a shopping trip, I thought it would be just the thing to start working on my feet with and this little PedEgg has really been used....so much that I decided to buy a second one.  It works great wet or dry and leaves your feet with a smooth feeling.  It fits into your hand nicely.  The only negative I can think of is that it is a little hard to open to empty. It is a permanent addition to my pedicure kit. It keeps my feet "as smooth as a babies bottom".

it works!

from Sacramento, CA

*Pedegg*

*when I first saw the commerical for pedegg I was a little skeptic. a device that removes dry skin and such from your feet? really??? sometime after that I notice that the local walmart sold the ped egg and after some thought I decided to buy a pedegg. my mom wasn't to happy that I actually bought it after seeing a news report about a woman who used pedegg only to have her feet ripped to shreds by the prodcut. I mentioned that the woman probably was pushing too hard.*

*if you have a firm grip on it while using firm but gentle strokes it will not cut up your feet, other wise it will indeed cut your feet. *

*what I like about the pedegg is that it's easy to grip, it really removes the dry skin and my feet never looked so good. it may take a few times to get all the dry skin removed but it's worth it. *

They Called me Velcro Feet !

from Halethorpe, MD

Comments about Ped Egg Pedicure Foot File:

Picture this ! You're laying in bed under a nice warm wool blanket. You go to turn over and reposition yourself and your feet tangle in the blanket. You kick and push the blanket down with your feet but it clings to your feet like it's a piece of cotton stuck in a thorn bush !

Now picture this ! You realize the thorn bush is your feet and the cotton is your blanket ! That is exactly what happened to me frequently before I got the As Seen on TV PedEgg ! My friends would call me me Velcro Feet. It was embarassing ! No matter how much I moisturized my feet and scraped and dug at them with painful tools of all kind, I could not get rid of my dry calloused heels !

While on a trip to the Great Smokey Mountains we had made a stop at a WalGreens Pharmacy. Neatly displayed on a shelf near the register I saw the PedEgg sitting there. The line was long and time was on my hands. I stared at that PedEgg poised on it's very own shelf and pondered whether it was as good as it claimed. I decided to give it a try. Afterall what could it hurt? I was on vacation and had plenty of time for a little myself care ! I gave it a whirl and sure enough..IT WORKED !!! It really WORKED !!!!

Now don't go and get me wrong. It was a work in progress and it required patience and time, but like I  said..I was on vacation ! Not only did the PedEgg remove the rough scaly callouses on my heels but the sanding side of the PedEgg left my feet as smooth as a baby's bottom. I finally had "pretty" feet !

The PedEgg is now my new best friend and I don't go a day without pampering myself with a nice PedEgg rub down ! The best part is how that little egg traps all of the little devils it kindly removes ! I am no longer known as "Velcro Feet" !