Other Bakewares:

Pampered Chef Large Bar Pan

Pros

Cons

I love stoneware!

This is one of my favorite and most used products form the Pampered Chef line.  I purchased this bar pan because it was the most versatile in the stoneware line.  I use it to bake cookies, chicken, home-made pizza, whatever can be made on a flat surface!

My pan is currently turning dark brown, which is normal for well-used stoneware.  It's easy to clean and food doesn't really get stuck on it.  Cookies come out perfectly.  I love that I don't need to use a cookie sheet, which to me, has a very short life if you bake a lot.

One thing a stoneware owner must remember is *not* to wash it with soap.  Warm water should suffice, and use the scraper it comes with to get food off.  That is kind of hard, I admit.  Especially whe have fat residue on the pan.  Oil doesn't wash off that easily with just hot water.  What I do in those instances is I wash it the best I can with water, let it dry out, even f a little greasy, and then I wipe off the excess oil with a cloth or paper towel later on when the pan is dry.  That does the trick.  And I have never made anything on there that had the flavor of what was cooked on it previously.  The food odors just don't stick to it.

As mentioned above, browning and shine is part of the stoneware's natural aging and use process.  When comapred to a new stone, it might even have dirty or burnt look to it.  That is perfectly fine, it does not mean you are a terrible dishwasher or that you should use soap or even replace it!

Nonstick Bar Desserts

I love to bake, especially when you get to use a pan that not only bakes up what you want in a great manner, but also is easy to clean.  The **Pampered Chef Bar Pan** bakes your desserts evenly and has a coating that is great for easy cleanup.  I use this pan to bake my peanut butter bars and caramel bars that can be very sticky and messy, but cleanup is a breeze.  The stoneware bakes the bars evenly through and with a little hot water, your pan is clean.  This is a great durable pan for baking.  I like Pampered Chef products because they are high quality and last a long time.  They are a little expensive, but this is great for making lots of treats and will make your Rice Krispies Treats an easy cleanup and not a chore.

I wouldn't want to be without this bar pan!

Comments about Pampered Chef Large Bar Pan:

Eleven years ago I had my first pampered chef party and earned the large bar pan. It is wonderful! I use it many times each week and of course it is better now, eleven years later, because it is so well seasoned. Besides making cookie bars and Tandy Kakes I use it for French fries, onion rings, potato cakes, baking cookies, fish sticks, homemade croutons, biscuits, meatballs, chicken wings, and the list could go on. I have a metal tray that I occasionally pull out at times but mostly grab this stone to cook with. Clean up is simple, just wash or rinse in hot water. Soap is not recommended. I got a little brown scrapper with mine that works well if I need to remove anything that's stuck on there.
I highly recommend this Pampered Chef bar pan to anyone considering it.

Simple to wash and no soap needed.

Has held up well for 11 years.

Doesn't Stick
Things do stick to the stone at times but clean up is not hard at all....just a little scrapping and it's done.

• Doesn't Stick:

My favorite piece of stoneware!

Comments about Pampered Chef Large Bar Pan:

I have multiple of these in my kitchen. They are perfect for everything!! You definitely need at least one!

The stoneware distributes heat evenly so it will cook evenly. Also, with every use it creates an all natural non stick surface!

My kids do not like that you cannot put the bar pan into the dishwasher. I do not mind hand washing it. After the first couple washes, food will just slide right off with barely any scrubbing.

The moment you drop this, you will need to call and order another because there is no saving it.

I love the size of this. I can cook so many different things on the Large Bar Pan. Anything from cookies, croissant rolls, cheesecakes squares, brownies, thin sheet cakes to pork loins, steaks, and other meats.

Doesn't Stick
After the initial couple uses, the stoneware creates the non stick surface. All the natural oils from the foods you are cooking helps create this.

Stoneware Bar Pan - Versatile for Baking Anything

Comments about Pampered Chef Large Bar Pan:

The Pampered Chef Large Bar Pan makes you think of brownies and bars, but it's not just for desserts! Although it certainly works perfectly for those things, it can do so much more. About the brownies though, when you use this pan, there are no more brownies with edges too hard to chew - every piece is soft and wonderfully chewy.

I have loved this pan for years now. It is really versatile for cooking things like my family's favorite carrot fries, meatloaf, roasted veggies and more. It works perfectly as a cookie sheet as well! Even though it is stoneware, it does not absorb odors, so you don't have to worry about using it for both sweet and savory cooking.

Another great thing about this piece is that like all of Pampered Chef's Stoneware, food does not stick to it. This it not only great for cooking, but makes cleanup extremely fast and simple. If your stoneware starts to turn a dark color over time, don't worry. That is completely normal and just means that it's well loved! It actually makes it even more of a non-stick surface.

One of a kind

Comments about Pampered Chef Large Bar Pan:

This large Bar pan my Pampered chef really is one of a kind and super unique!

I love the variety of things I can make with this large bar pan. I started out making desserts then moved onto baked chicken dishes and such. It really is quite versatile and works really well. I find that most things come out perfect, even and not burnt. I think the price is a little high but is it so worth it and will last you a long time.

Its very easy to clean. It comes with a little scrapers that you just softly scrape off, then you wipe it down with warm water and let it air dry. Super easy and quick.

I have had mine for about 5 years and its still going strong. It has become my go to pan and I will for sure buy another one if this one ever breaks!

I like how it is deeper than your normal bar pan and a little bigger too, so that you can make nice sized bars without spilling over or making a mess.

Doesn't Stick
I have yet to have anything stick to this one!

• Doesn't Stick:

Pretty good pan but difficult for a beginner cook

Comments about Pampered Chef Large Bar Pan:

I received this pan as a gift from my mother, who loves this pan. I, however, have not had much luck with it. I have only been baking for a short time and have tried making granola bars, large cookies, brownies, and a few other things several times but can't quiet get the trick down. I have problems with this pan burning the outside around the corners while leaving the middle nearly raw. I keep trying to use this pan thinking that this time will be better but to no avail. I've tried lowering the temperature, raising the temperature, greasing the pan and a few other things but without success. Due to the fact that i burn the edges i always have problems with things sticking to the stone. I've had the hardest time ever scrubbing this pan, trying to get leftover burned pieces off of it. Granted these issues are probably more likely my fault than the pans fault but in my opinion this pan is not for beginner cooks. If you are new to baking i would stray away from this.

another great product from Pampered Chef

from La Rue, OH

Comments about Pampered Chef Large Bar Pan:

This is another great product from Pampered Chef that I have recently added to my kitchen. This large Bar Pan is perfect for making cookies as well as oven fried chicken, biscuits and pizza. Nothing really sticks to it, heat is distributed evenly through out it for perfect baking, it's extremely versatile and it is very easy to clean. But since it is stoneware, you can't wash it with soap or it will ruin it. It comes with a scaper to help clean it and it is a very handy little tool. But it must be washed by hand instead of put in the dishwasher. It is very reasonably priced as well. I was worried at first that because I could not use soap to clean this, food flavors would bleed over from a previously cooked dish and into the newly cooked dish, but so far that worry has proven unfounded because I have not noticed any instances of flavors bleeding over from one dish to another. I highly recommend this bar pan. It is one of the most used products in my kitchen. .

• Doesn't Stick:

Pampered I did, but it still broke.

from Westchester, IL

Comments about Pampered Chef Large Bar Pan:

I received the Pampered Chef Bar Pan from my mother to make protein brownies. The pan had a nice weight and felt very solid. I used the pan for about 2 months and the pan performed well. The brownies came out perfect and there was no sticking to the pan. The pan is very easy to clean with warm water and a brush. I had nothing but praise for this pan until the day it split in half. I was making my protein brownies like usual and when I was getting the pan out of the oven it made a popping sound. Luckily I had a decent grip on both sides of the pan and I was able to save the brownies. I still have no idea how and why the pan decided to break. I took excellent care of this pan and it had only been used 3-4 times a month. Since the pan didn't come directly from Pampered Chef it doesn't have a warranty. They did offer to sell me another pan at a discount, but I declined. I definitely wouldn't recommend the Pampered Chef Bar Pan to anyone.

Most Versatile Baking Pan

Comments about Pampered Chef Large Bar Pan:

The Pampered Chef Large Bar Pan has so many uses and is so versatile, it is a constant in my household. It is very simple to clean and can be used for cooking and baking. The stoneware aspect of the pan is also great for even heat distribution and keeping things warm out of the oven.

I have had my bar pan for three years and it has not disappointed me. I use it for cookies, chicken recipes, pizza, homemade tortilla chips, and much more. It is the pan I choose most often when making a recipe.

So simple to clean. Stoneware is one of the easiest pieces of cookware to clean. All I have to do is use the stoneware scraper to scrape the stuck on food off and then wash with hot water.

It is a very durable pan. Will never bend like some other cooking pans and is very heavy duty.

Very simple easy to use design. Has a nice raised edge all around the pan making it great for pizzas and cookie bars. Stoneware is also attractive due to the surface being scratch proof.

Doesn't Stick
Stoneware develops a seasoning on its own making it a non stick pan. It doesn't need any oil or cooking spray.

My Kitchen Workhorse

from Mount Airy, MD

Comments about Pampered Chef Large Bar Pan:

I love, love, love my Stoneware Bar Pan. If I dropped it and broke it today, I would order another before going to bed tonight. I use my bar pan daily to roast vegetables, cook chicken and fish, cook bacon, make cookie bars, heat frozen snacks, and even make cookies. Once stoneware is properly seasoned, it has a natural non-stick surface. I rarely use cooking spray on it. It cooks evenly and the bottom of biscuits and cookies never burn...even if I leave them in for a few minutes too long.

You cannot beat stoneware for even cooking. I have over 20 pieces, I use it every single day.

All you need is hot water and a nylon scraper or scrub brush. Never use soap, it interferes with the seasoning.

The only way to break your stoneware is to drop it or to put something frozen on it when it has already gotten warm. Never pre-heat your stone. It isn't necessary.

This bar pan is the perfect size for my family of 5.

Doesn't Stick
Follow the included instructions for seasoning. As a stone seasons, it darkens. The darker your stone, the better!

PC Stoneware Pan rocks!

from Head Waters, VA

Comments about Pampered Chef Large Bar Pan:

I love using my PC large bar pan! I use it so much! It is great for everyday cooking and baking! It does not make food stick to it and it is easy to clean. No soap needed and just let it cool down before you clean it. It have never had problems with it and use it over non-stick pans any day!

I use it daily and it never has problems!

If something is stuck on there, I let is soak for a little while and it comes right off.

It is a sturdy product that I use daily!

It fits my oven and it designed well!

Doesn't Stick
Nothing has stuck on my pan yet! And some times I don't even oil it!