Other Bakewares:
Bakers / Casseroles, Baking / Cookie Sheets, Baking Stones
Pampered Chef
Pampered Chef Stoneware (Various sizes)

Pampered Chef Stoneware (Various sizes)

Pros

Cons

• Doesn't Stick:

Pampered Chef Stoneware bakes perfect cookies!

I discovered Pampered Chef Stoneware years ago when I bought my first round stone. I was skeptical at the claims the Pampered Chef rep made but once I started using the stone I was...Read complete review

I discovered Pampered Chef Stoneware years ago when I bought my first round stone. I was skeptical at the claims the Pampered Chef rep made but once I started using the stone I was hooked.

Over the years I have bought several pieces from the Pampered Chef stoneware collection. My favorite piece is the rectangular stone. It is the size of a cookie sheet and that is what I use it for. My cookies bake evenly so the cookies are uniformly brown and with the use of the medium scoop my cookies are all the same size. I love to give a friend a plate of my homemade cookies- they look professional but have the wonderful taste of home.

The secret to the stoneware success is the way they are made. The stones are made of a natural stoneware clay that distributes the heat evenly while drawing moisture away from the surface. The stones also retain heat once it is removed from the oven so the food stays warm without overcooking it.

Because the stones are nonporous, they don't retain oils, odors or flavors- simply scrape them down with a nylon scraper and rinse with hot water and they are good to go for next time.

Bake wonderfully, but are cumbersome to store.

I own two different Pampered Chef Stoneware items.  The first item is a large round pizza stone.  It comes with a metal frame for moving it in and out of the oven and the second is a rectangular pan with short sides....like a cookie sheet.

I use them primarily for baking cookies.  They bake cookies extremely well.  The cookies do not burn, they cook evenly, and stay soft.  The pans are relatively easy to clean because you cannot put them in the dishwasher or even use soap on them (the soap can be absorbed.)  The pans may also be used for other bread items such as rolls and pizza.  The primary reason I do not use them for this is because they are heavy and cumbersome to get in and out of the cupboard.  If I had space to store them vertically it would not be as hard, however, I do not, and hence I store them, in their boxes on the bottom of the cupboard, because they are quite heavy.

I rate them very high for cooking ability, but because of the storage issues, they are not as useful as I would like.

Best Cooking Surface

Comments about Pampered Chef Stoneware (Various sizes):

I own about ten pieces of the Pampered Chef Stoneware in various different sizes, and I absolutely love them! I use the stoneware to bake everything from cookies and cupcakes to chicken and casseroles. The stoneware bakes everything evenly, and they allow oils to enter the stoneware that makes everything you bake in the stoneware taste great.

The stoneware all must be washed by hand, and they cannot go in the dishwasher. You are also not supposed to use soap on these because it can be held in the porous stoneware. Even though you're not supposed to use soap on these, I normally will wash them with a little bit of soap after I scrape them clean using water and the Pampered Chef Nylon Scraper.

Everything bakes evenly and tastes great when you make it in the Pampered Chef stoneware.

They are relatively easy to clean using water and a nylon scraper, but you cannot place these in the dishwasher.

You have to be careful to not drop anything on these, because they can crack pretty easily.

Love the Pampered Chef stones

from Roanoke, VA

Comments about Pampered Chef Stoneware (Various sizes):

I absolutely love the Pampered Chef stoneware collection. My mom has a large round stone, and it is so great to make a pizza on. And I have a friend who uses it to make hand breaded chicken tenders that are so good. The stoneware really gives your recipes a different finish that you can't get from other types of bakeware. And I have found that the Pampered Chef stoneware really is better than the other brands you may see. They may seem a little pricy, but they are well worth it. There's nothing like pizza with that fire-baked taste that you get with this stone. And it's also good for bread! So if you do not have any Pampered Chef stoneware I think you should try at least one piece. They have muffin tins and also loaf pans, so just try something and see if you like it.

These are easy to clean, but I have noticed that with time they will discolor some. I think that is a natural thing for the stoneware to do, but it does make it not look so pretty.

These are pretty durable, but I have heard of people breaking theirs so be careful!

• Doesn't Stick:

Love pamper chef, just not a fan of the stoneware

Comments about Pampered Chef Stoneware (Various sizes):

I like the way the stones cook very evenly. Pampered chef is definitely a very quality product. They stand behind their products and have great warranties on them.
However, I find the stones to be a bit pricey, very heavy, hard to clean (to my satisfaction), food sticks until it's seasoned well, and its easily breakable.

It does a great job heating evenly and it looks pretty too!

It's easy enough to clean, you basicall rinse it with water. However, I do not like the fact that you can't use soap, I feel like things are never cleaned well without soap. It also holds stains well, it never really looks clean.

Stoneware breaks super easily, even with a small drop.

It looks very pretty and functional, But it's much too heavy to use a lot in the kitchen.

Doesn't Stick
It does stick of not greases well, especial if it hasn't been used (seasoned) a lot. Once the stones retain some oils, it doesn't stick as well.
Is porous service makes me worry about flavor carryover.

Great product

Comments about Pampered Chef Stoneware (Various sizes):

The heat distribution on this is excellent, and as a result you get evenly baked cookies, wings or pizzas if you choose every single time. The trick with the Pampered Chef products is that you must purchase it through the consultant to get the the full benefit of the product. Otherwise, you will not get a 3 year warranty and because of this, if the product breaks, you are completely out of luck.

The handles on both sides allow for easy transportation of the baked product. But the durability if poor. You cannot use this on a regular basis, and it will break hence that is why I am familiar with the warranty.

It's not durable but it will get the job done if you use it on an occasional basis. The product made is excellent though. The pizza is nice and crispy and I'm able to replicate the pizzeria quality pizza.

The bottom line is if you use it 1-2 x per week at around 400F, and are gentle with it, it will be fine.

A good pizza stone

Comments about Pampered Chef Stoneware (Various sizes):

Pampered Chef usually has great products, however I don't care for this stone

I bought two stones at the same time, because I could not decide on which one I liked better. After using them both for a while, I decided against this pampered chef stone. The reason I don't like it is because the handles are odd, it doesn't have a rack to sit on, and sometimes I have noticed a weird taste on my crust, that I don't notice with the other stone. All in all it does hold heat and make a crunchy crust, but its not my favorite pizza stone

Its easy to clean, you cant use soap or anything on it because its porous, but warm water and a soft scraper will get the job done

It holds up well, like most pampered chef products. I have accidentally banged it on the counter top and it didn't break so that was good.

I don't like the handles on it, they make it odd for carrying make me feel like I might drop it.

Doesn't Stick
Only the run off cheese seems to stick a little. not the crust

• Doesn't Stick:

discover the joy of stoneware

from La Rue, OH

Comments about Pampered Chef Stoneware (Various sizes):

If you have never used stoneware to bake on, I highly suggest that you give it a try. I personally own several pieces of stoneware from Pampered Chef. Stoneware is ideal for baking because the heat is distributed evenly throughout which results in perfectly and uniformly baked foods. I especially like to bake pizza on stoneware. Pizza crust is always nice and crispy without being burnt. And cookies come out perfectly crisp on the outside, yet chewy inside. Stoneware is very durable and with proper care it will last for years. It is important not to use soap on stoneware when you wash it because it will ruin the surface and cause foods to stick to it. Pampered Chef offers sever different size and shape pieces of stoneware, so you can surely find one to fit your needs. They are very reasonably priced and food cooked on it has a wonderful flavor. I have several of these in both round and rectangle or square, and I have several differnt sizes in each shape. I use them nearly every day. I highly recommend this to everybody.

Pampered Chef Pizza Stoneware

from Austin, TX

Comments about Pampered Chef Stoneware (Various sizes):

I ordered a pampered chef pizza stoneware stone from a pampered chef party a few years ago and I really enjoy using it. We make pizzas once a week, so it gets a lot of use.

This product works well, we make pizzas weekly (or more) and it cooks evenly.

This product cleans very easily. When I received it from pampered chef it came with a small scraper to gently scrape off pieces that may have gotten cooked onto the stone. As soon as we are done eating I scrape off the stone, wipe it down and put it away. It shows some 'love' the same way a cast iron skillet does, but we have used it alot.

When I made my order from Pampered chef I did receive one pizza stoneware stone and it cracked in half during my first use. I contacted Pampered chef and they immediately sent me a new one as a replacement. I have used that stone for several years without any issues. I am assuming the first one just had a flaw in it. The company quickly corrected the issue and I am happy with the product.

It has a nice design.

Doesn't Stick
In the past I have had it stick maybe once or twice, but nothing too big and we use it alot, so it is bound to happen from time to time. It doesn't bother me that much.

Pampered Chef Stoneware - Great for Cooking & Easy Cleanup

Comments about Pampered Chef Stoneware (Various sizes):

I love my Pampered Chef Stoneware, and so does everybody else I know that has it. Actually, their experiences are what convinced me to buy my stoneware, and I have been happy with it every since. It is a wonderful product, and mine has lasted for over five years now and still works perfectly.

This cookware is great if you're prone to leaving things in the oven a little bit too long! While my other baking dishes tend to brown food on the bottom (such as cookies), my stoneware doesn't.

These pieces are also very easy to clean. They are perfect for things that tend to stick really badly, such as cheese. Get a Pampered Chef scraper (they are really cheap), and the baked-on cheese just comes right off without any elbow grease. It is amazing.

Stoneware is also a perfect alternative to the Teflon-coated and aluminum baking dishes, if you are trying to stay away from that.

This are very versatile baking dishes that you can bake just about anything on.

Stoneware is all that I Use

from Mount Airy, MD

Comments about Pampered Chef Stoneware (Various sizes):

My oldest piece of Pampered Chef Stoneware is 17 years old, and still going strong. I have about 20 different pieces and use them every day. The stones that I use the most are the Bar Pan (cookies, roasted vegetables, frozen snacks, French fries, you name it), the Round Stone pictured above (cookies, pizza, dessert pizzas, etc) and the Muffin Pan (Muffins, Cupcakes, Mini Meatloaves, etc). I love the character that each piece gains as it becomes nicely seasoned and changes to a dark, rich brown color.

You cannot beat stoneware for even-cooking. And you will NEVER burn the bottom of a biscuit or a cookie while using stoneware.

Hot running water and a nylon scraper or scrub brush are all you need. As the stoneware seasons, cleaning just becomes easier.

I've broken one piece of stoneware. I did it by placing something frozen on a stone that had already started heating up. As long as you do not drop it or do what I described above, it will last for many years.

I am particularly fond of the newer round stone as pictured, with built-in handles.

Doesn't Stick
Follow the instructions for good seasoning and you will never have a problem with sticking.

• Doesn't Stick:

It works as well as comparable products, until it breaks.

Comments about Pampered Chef Stoneware (Various sizes):

The functionality of the stone is at or above average of comparable products. The size and thickness is generous and accommodates the majority of pizza cooking needs. Unfortunately, as with most all of tha PC products i have used, it soon breaks. Mine lated less than two years. I did research on the internet to explore my options for getting a replacement stone. I was not amazed with the number of posts from other users having a problem with their PC stones breaking and their was a great deal of confusion as to haw long their stoneware is warranted (3 years). I have contacted PC because this was a gift and their consultant is no longer active. I expect I will be replacing this at my own expense. (I actually won't replace it I'll just begin using my 30 year old stone again.) Pampered Chef products in general do not live up to my expectation with respect to durability or funtionality. I can buy a superior product for less money at any of my local kitchen specialty stores and find the service quite superior as well.

Performs above average.

Cleaning is a no no.

Internet research reveals this to be a significant issue with PC stoneware.

I would prefer it without handles.

Doesn't Stick
It's pretty difficult to get a pizza to stick to a seasoned stone.