Other Bakewares:
Baking / Cookie Sheets, Cake Pans
Wilton
Wilton Baking Pans and Cake Pans (Various sizes)

Wilton Baking Pans and Cake Pans (Various sizes)

Pros

Cons

Wilton Baking pans are great

Contrary to what I thought, Wilton baking pans far surpass any pans on the market .Much to my regret I put off purchasing these pans for years because I thought they were too expensive. I baked for years with old hand me down bakeware that the food  stuck to the pans and would not release the product. I love to bake more than I love to eat. I make pies , brownies and cakes all the time. I did have some pyrex pie pans ( given to me) but they were so heavy by the time I get the filling in the pans I have to wonder if the crust is going to get done.When I finally got older and  much wiser , then came the Wilton baking ware..It is just wonderful to be confident you are going to bake a  good bunt cake for the church social and know it is going to have the right amount of "peaks".I have never scratched the pans and they are easy to clean. There are no hot spots when you bake.Just one more thing..The displays in the stores make the bake ware look expensive..

I expected more from my Wilton pans

I have the jelly roll pans, the muffin pan, the pizza pan (with the holes in it), cooling racks, loaf pan and cake pan. I received all of these as shower gifts when I got married. I really love the cooling racks. They do a fantastic job and are the perfect size for most things. Everything else, in a matter of 4 years, used lightly has been rusting. I have noticed this especially with the pizza pan and loaf pan. The muffin pan is still in pretty good shape, but I've only used that about a half dozen times. I am getting the same rusting result on their product whether I hand wash or dish wash. I am getting the same result on things I use frequently or infrequently. The jelly roll pans seem to hold the shape of whatever was on them, outline of whatever food product you used, whether you use non-stick spray, wash immediately or just use without spray.I think they are a overpriced for the quality of the product. I will say, although they rust, mine have not chipped or dinged at all like other brands have for me in the past.

I really recommend this product.

from Edinburg, Tx

About Me Avid Cook

Pros

• Bakes Evenly

Cons

• Cakes

I used this product to make a 2 tier birthday cake

Tradition

from Empire, AL

Comments about Wilton Baking Pans and Cake Pans (Various sizes):

Wilton makes the only cake pans for our family. Wilton is a family tradition for us. My mother used these pans to make our birthday cakes. I cannot remember one time seeing her have any trouble with the pans, even the ones with a lot of different shapes. She made so many cakes with these pans and they never rusted and never wore out. Now it is my turn and I use these pans to make my children’s cakes. They bake very evenly and I have never had a cake come out bad when using Wilton pans. Never have my cakes burned or came out with the middle uncooked. There are endless options on sizes, shapes, and even characters to choose from in the Wilton line of pans. But when you use them, make sure to grease them thoroughly and apply a light coat of flour to make sure the cake does not stick. Sometimes when you grease the pan unevenly the cake will stick a bit. Also, the pans are a little on the thin side so be sure and not let them get hit by anything else or it may cause a warp or dent in the pan. But overall, it is still the only pans for me!

Never had a bad cake from Wilton pans.

Very easy to clean.

The pans are thin and won't be able to take a heavy hit or they will warp and bend.

Doesn't Stick
    Will stick if you do not grease the pan properly.

• Doesn't Stick:

Food doesn't stick to the pan.

Comments about Wilton Baking Pans and Cake Pans (Various sizes):

I am always trying to bake new types of desserts and cakes for work and family parties, so I turn to Wilton Baking Pans and Cake Pans. I have a few different sizes of the circle pans because they are perfect for making cakes for stacking in the perfect round sizes. Since they are all from the same brand, you can be sure that the cakes will stack nicely when you use the Wilton Cake Pans.

I never had a problem with anything burning when I made it in a Wilton Cake Pan. Also, they seem to cook evenly throughout the pan. Also, nothing sticks when I use these circle cake pans. This is important when you're making a cake for a party and want to stack them on top of one another.

I always make sure to wash these pans by hand, and I'm not sure if they would be safe to put in the dishwasher. They are really easy to wash since nothing really sticks to them, so there's not normally any cake left on the pan.

Get to baking!

Comments about Wilton Baking Pans and Cake Pans (Various sizes):

I used the large rectangle Wilton baking pan when making my daughters birthday cake, I needed to get the largest pan which I was really nervous about because a good bit of the time even the small cake pans don't like to release the cake, but this one worked perfectly. It released the cake so well, there were no cracks and no cake left inside the pan at all! The whole thing baked evenly and was just wonderful.

Just a great performing cake pan, it allowed the cake mix to bake completely evenly and it was so nice and fluffy, the bottom wasn't cooked anymore than the top was either.

Very easy to clean, especially since the cake didn't stick at all, the only downside is the fact that you can't put it into the dishwasher so you do have to wash it by hand but for a great working product like this, it's worth it.

Very durable, it will last you a very long time even if you're like me and bake a whole lot!

It has a great design, there's enough of a lip so that you can very easily remove it from the oven without getting burnt or making an indentation in the side of the cake from the pot holder.

Doesn't Stick
    None of the cake stuck to this pan! Now, they do give you instructions to follow on how to oil and flour the pan so make sure you do that properly and you will have great results.

Nice Durable Bakeware

from Wrightstown NJ

Comments about Wilton Baking Pans and Cake Pans (Various sizes):

I like the Wilton Line of products as I do a lot of baking. Wilton has been around for many years and has always made a good and long lasting product. I have several different sizes of Wilton Pans including the one pictured here which I bought to make a cake for a party , I wanted to make something special as it was a special occasion and not just a regular cake. These pans are nice and heavy , not flimsy. The bake evenly and perform well. They are durable. The cake came out easily from the pan and did not stick they way it can in some pans. I had no problem with taking the cake out. Clean up was a breeze and I did not have to scrape or scrub the pan. I guess that is why this company has been around for so long. They make many sizes of pans as well as decorating supplies, cookie cutters, cake toppers and decorations and so much more. I recommend them. They are a good investment as they last a long time.

Great Pans, But Rust Over Time

Comments about Wilton Baking Pans and Cake Pans (Various sizes):

I have a few sizes of Wilton cake pans, but most often I use the basic nine inch cake pan. I have a smaller 7 inch cake pan that I use for smaller cakes, but it has sloped sides, and I am not a fan of that shape. The regular nine inch pans have almost straight sides, which helps in shaping a cake. I like to use thermal cake strips on the outside of the pan to make the cake bake more evenly. This transforms a cheap pan into a slow-cooking pan that will create a cake that doesn't create a dome in the middle. The cake bakes evenly and flat across the top. Saves a lot of cutting! One bad thing about the Wilton cake pans is that, even though they are coated, it doesn't take too much misuse to create scratch marks that will eventually start to discolor and rust. I use my pans for all sorts of stuff though, not just cakes, so they do get abused. And for the price, they hold up well enough to justify the cost.

Wilton Baking Pans - Not The Best

Comments about Wilton Baking Pans and Cake Pans (Various sizes):

Wilton has a great reputation, and for good reason. However, their baking pans are not their best product, in my opinion. I have owned several of their pans for years. I thought they worked reasonably well until I tried some different brands. Then I realized that these pans made baking way more difficult than it needed to be.

The bottoms of the basic line of Wilton Baking Pans are not very thick. This means that even when cooked for the correct amount of time, the bottoms of my cakes are more brown than I would like for them to be.

There are also issues with sticking. Even after greasing and flouring pans, my cakes stick to the bottom of the pans. Sometimes they stick so badly that I have to pry them out with a utensil, which has resulted in several scratches in the non-stock coating of the pans.

These are not the worst pans out there, but they are definitely not the best, either.

Love my Wilton pans

from Roanoke, VA

Comments about Wilton Baking Pans and Cake Pans (Various sizes):

I have had a couple of Wilton pans for a very long time now, and I have found that they have held up really well. For someone who bakes cakes often, I think you will already know that Wilton really is the go to brand. They are in the craft stores in the cake decorating aisles for a reason. It is because bakers want the Wilton pans because they work so perfectly. The cakes always come out perfectly. I bought a small round pan for my son's smash cake whe he turned one, and the cake turned out beautifully. With the Wilton brand, you can trust that you are getting a pan that is made well and will work great for your baking needs.

These pans clean up so easily, especially if you use solid Crisco to grease them with.

These pans are durable and will stand the test of time.

They also have so many fun characters and designs for kids' birthdays. Wilton is the best for that!

Doesn't Stick
    If you use a solid Crisco to grease the pan with, you will have no problems. I prefer that for my baking over a spray.

Good cake pans

from Southfield, MI

Comments about Wilton Baking Pans and Cake Pans (Various sizes):

I'm not an avid baker. I honestly don't really know what I'm doing, but I want my kids to have a home cooked childhood, lol! So I like trying to bake them cakes not just for their birthdays but for special accomplishments at school and things like that.
    I had a bad burning issue with a cake a while back and I ended up throwing the cake in the garbage along with the cake pan I was attempting to bake it in.
    Because of this, I was now in the market for a new cake pan. I decided to do some research, so of course I came here to Viewpoints. This is where I found out about Wilton Baking Pans. After reading all the great reviews I decided to pick one up.
    I have to say I'm pretty impressed. This pan didn't turn me into America's next great baker or anything but the cakes I've made with my new Wilton pan have turned out better than any cakes I've made in the past. I'm thinking about trying some of thief fun shape cake pans next!

I hand wash all my dishes anyway, but I've heard that these are best hand washed even if you do have a dishwasher.

Doesn't Stick
    I still grease my pan, but so far so good!

• Doesn't Stick:

Great and inexpensive investment for the home baker

Comments about Wilton Baking Pans and Cake Pans (Various sizes):

I own about six of these lightweight, 9" round cake pans. I make the birthday cakes in our house, and it really makes a beautiful 3-layer round birthday cake. Or, if it is a small group of people, or a less grand cake, just two layers will do. Or maybe you just want to make a quick upside-down cake, just use one. Also you cake bake one round and one square cake up, and then cut the round in half and put the two crescents on two sides of the square to make a heart for Valentine's Day. The possibilities are endless, and this is such an inexpensive investment to add to your kitchen. I don't think they are or not completely nonnstick, which any baker always knows to grease and flour before cake baking anyway.

The cake will bake evenly, but the metal is not so dark as to burn the cake.

Good for any cakepan. Cake always takes a minute to scrub out and the vegetable shortening too.

A cake pan is naturally thin as to bake the cake the way it should be baked, but durable enough.

Very round!

Doesn't Stick
    As stated before, you always need to grease a cake pan anyway.