View more smartphones

Palm
1047NA
Palm TX Smartphone

Palm TX Smartphone

I HATED this product!!!!!

from Oak Park, MI

Comments about Palm TX Smartphone:

I purchased this product formyself at Christmas time. I am glad that I got it on sale!!!!! Six months after using it, the  keyboard stopped comming up, it stopped preforming simple mathmatical functions (my checkbook program would never balance and the cal never added correctly), it stopped syncing my appointments to my laptop (always got an error message that there were too many appointmant even after i purged the ones that were older than one month.  The only thing this is good for now is games!!!

I love my Palm T/X!

from Pasadena, MD

Comments about Palm TX Smartphone:

I take my Palm everywhere.  It's an entertainment tool when I'm in "Wait" mode.  I can surf the web, play games, view photos, listen to music, keep track of calendar and to-do's.  I'm always jotting quick notes on my NotePad.  I keep my grocery shopping list on it.  The only fault I can find with it is the lack of Java.  I can't use flash player.  I don't know what to do about this.  But in everything else, it rates very high on my scale.

Every techie needs one!

from Spokane, WA

Comments about Palm TX Smartphone:

**Every techie needs a Palm t/x.  It's my best friend.  I keep my appointments and it reminds me.  I watch movies when I am bored and out and about.  I also listen to music,  and play games.  I keep track of what I eat and how many calories I burned and oh yea what exercises I do.  I send emails and best of all, it wi-fi capabitible and I surf the net.  About the only thing its missing is a phone.  Now I know I could buy something silamular but if you don't have the money and just want something almost as good, then buy the t/x.**

overall good rating but no webcam or recording ability

from Miami, FL

Comments about Palm TX Smartphone:

Bought my Palm tx a few years ago and although I have other newer toys, I find myself going back to it because it small and light weight and the most useful applications are MS commpatable.  Lots of software and some is MS compatable such as spreadsheets and word processor and alltghough I haven't used it I believe slideshows are Powerpoint compatable. A relatively full size keyboard is also available.

The newer smart phones seem to be the latest infatuation.   Since people are going to carry a phone anyway this prevents the necessity of a phone in 1 pocket and many other devices  in the other pockets or purse.   The Palm tx is still a good choice for the above reasons and especially if any extended typing or light word processing is to be done.

Poor Hardware

from Dunkirk, NY

Comments about Palm TX Smartphone:

I used palm products for about six years. I moved to them after they bought Handspring which made low cost PDAs running the palm OS. I upgraded my Palm E2 to get the Palm TX. It has several features that made my must have purchase of the time. The first was a solid address and calendar program. The Palm desktop Os was easy to use and was much faster than keeping a handwritten book. It imported and exports easily to other formats like outlook. It was Mac friendly, which was important to me, who works on a Macintosh. There were plenty of apps that make it worth getting. Documents to go was hands down a top choice and i was able to have access to my most important documents at all times.  The top feature for the TX at the time was adding the internet. It has wireless access and allows me easily check websites. Its browser blazer was lacking. It does not support flash and has not been updated in several years.  The Palm TX had many great positive features but the worst part was the hardware did not last. In the first year i sent it back to get fixed under warranty and a year later after that the on off switch broke. There are a couple of work arounds to make it work but the hardware should last longer. I had the same issues in my palm E2.  Avoid this product.