3.7

3.7

Pros

Cons

• Shipping and Returns:

Good deals, great customer service

I started shopping from Overstock.com a few years ago, and I've been extremely satisfied. For those of you not familiar with this online retailer, here's the skinny: Overstock.com sells all sorts of stuff - clothing, housewares, electronics, sporting goods, books...you name it. As their name says, they sell overstock items....inventory that others can't move. Since they buy large amounts at a low rate, they're able to sell most things at very competative prices. In addition, they charge $2.98 for shipping, per order, flat rate. Seriously. If you order one book from them, shipping will cost you $2.95. If you order thirty books from them, the shipping cost will be $2.95 (as long as you ordered them at the same time...not a couple of days apart.) If you order a couch, the shipping will still only run you $2.95!

I've bought lots of stuff from Overstock.com, including an MP3 player. Back when these were very, very expensive, I ordered one as a gift. It was listed as "refurbished." Refurbished items are items that have been bought and returned because they were defective. The manufacturer will have had the items factory refurbished - which is almost like being rebuilt from scratch. Items that have been refurbished, even though they're basically brand new, cannot legally be sold as new, and it's often a great way to save a lot of money. The catch, sometimes, is that factory refurbished items usually don't fall under manufacturers' warranties. When I bought my friend an MP3 player for $75 (which was about $60 less than the going price on that model), I opted to also pay a few bucks for extended coverage. The item arrived in perfect condition and my friend used it, non-stop, for almost six months. At that point, she started having some trouble with the ear buds. I figured it was just a matter of the cord having been bend to and fro and having a short. Since the item was under warranty, I logged on to Overstock.com, and opened an online customer service session. This is a great option they offer: real, live people who can offer customer service in real time over the net! The person I communicated verified that the MP3 player was, in fact, covered, and that she would send me a mailer envelope in which to send the played back for evaluation and/or repair or replacement. The postage-pre-paid packet arrived two days later, and we sent the MP3 player off. Less than a week later, Overstock.com contacted my friend and offered to either send a brand new MP3 player, or give here an Overstock.com credit for the full cost of the player. By this time, Ipods had become much more affordable, and my friend asked if I would mind her opting for the credit, so she could order some camping equipment she needed. I was fine with that, and so was Overstock. They gave her the credit right away. The entire thing was resolved within one week.

I can't say enough how pleased I've been with Overstock.com's customer service. The live online help is great. If there's something I'd like ot know about a product I'm looking at, it's easy to just open up a session and ask the person on the other end some details. This came in handy, just today, when I was ordering audio books for my mom. I had questions about format (CD or cassette), and the agent was able to get me the correct information about several titles in under three minutes. This level of service is pretty rare these days...especially with some online dealers.

I'd advise anyone doing serious online shopping - especially for things like sporting goods, electronics, watches, linens and outdoor furniture - to do lots of comparison shopping. Find the brands and model numbers of things you like at Amazon or Crutchfield or wherever, and then check outif Overstock is offering the same product at a better rate.  And don't forget to factor in shipping costs! When I wanted to get my parents a set of patio furniture, the same set was a few dollars less at Target.com, but Target.com wanted an extra $73 for shipping!

Happy shopping!

Not always the best prices on the web

I have mixed feeling and experiences with **Overstock.com**. One the one hand making purchases at **Overstock.com** through *My Points* is always worthwhile since they offer 10 point per dollar spent, and there is always a shipping special under way.  Case in point: I recently purchase a new occasional table for our loft and the shipping was free despite the size and weight of the table!

On the other hand the site claim to low (whole) prices is often not true; there have been several times I have some to the site looking for a lower price on an item only to find the price the same as it was at other sites or higher. In some case quite a bit higher! So while I will continue to shop at **Overstock.com** I will always compare the prices elsewhere before I click the button to complete a sale.

makes returns impossible

from Nutley New Jersey

Comments about Overstock.com:

I bought a recliner from overstock.com, the product is so cheap and week my mom could not use it. it is made for a child.
My mother is in a care facility and because they did not keep the box it is impossible to return. Nobody makes boxes big enough, they even sent me to the UPS store and they could not make it.
Overstock.com will take no responsibility for it. Mike one of the managers over the phone at Overstock says it is not their problem if I did not keep the box and I cannot return it. Overstock.com has no boxes and WILL NOT help in any way. Knowing my mother is in a care facility and giving absolutely no true guidance shows what type of company it is.

NEVER AGAIN will I but anything from them..

Great customer service, good deals, fast shipping

from Broomall, PA

Comments about Overstock.com:

I have purchased curtains and lamps so far at Overstock. I was absolutely impressed by the customer service I recently received from Overstock after purchasing a lamp. The lamp was very nice but unfortunately the shade came with dents despite how carefully it appeared to be packed. I left feedback regarding this but still confirmed all of my other purchases were an excellent customer experience. I didn't want to return the lamp since I felt I might be able to find a replacement shade locally. Much to my surprise, customer service responded and shipped a new shade in perfect condition without me even asking. It is so refreshing to get such excellent service I look forward to my next purchase.

BAIT AND SWITCH 2

from Michigan

I read with interest a comment posted on 12/15/2015, By DJ123 from PA

MY EXPERIENCE EXACTLY - what a scumbag company this is - so I 'm reposting with a few end comments myself!

First experience with this company. I placed an order specifically on 3-21, and they offered a pillow with two color choices - both show available. I completed my order and have printed the confirmation. Good thing I cut/pasted a screen-print showing the color and such ordered. They shipped the other color, and then blamed me. Customer service was A JOKE, and the online chat folks would never answer a direct question or address the real issue. I WILL NEVER ORDER FROM THEM AGAIN, AND WILL TELL EVERYONE I KNOW!

Ol' bait and switch

from PA

Comments about Overstock.com:

First experience with this company. I placed an order specifically on Dec. 14 for a pair of shoes that stated it would arrive in 3-6 business days. Specifically why I ordered through them. I called customer service 12/15/15 and the lady gave me a complete run around. 45 minutes of trying to tell me it could take 5-6 business days just to ship from the warehouse because it was a custom order. Custom? I said EVERYTHING on your website is custom because you don't manufacture any of the products you sell. Had asked to speak to a supervisor, not once but (3) times... - DEMANDED a supervisor who I cancelled the order with. He proceeded to tell me they would send over the cancellation request and once confirmed it didn't ship, they could cancel the order. Are you kidding me!?!?! If it takes 5-6 business days to be picked why on God's green earth would it have shipped in less than 24 hours?! These people do not deserve ANY business whatsoever from anyone - DON'T GIVE THEM ANY OF YOUR MONEY AND TAKE YOUR BUSINESS WHERE IT WILL BE APPRECIATED!!!!!

Overstock won't honor sale

from Seattle, wA

Comments about Overstock.com:

I purchased a dining room table/chair set from Overstock on a Sunday. On Monday my credit card was charged for the full purchase price (not preauthorized or pending, but a posted charge)

I was tracking the shipping information and on Wednesday noticed my order details had changed to a pair of chairs only. I called customer service. I've talked to several representatives and supervisors with no satisfactory resolution. They claim the price was posted in error and they will not honor the purchase, despite the fact my card was fully charged.

This is a violation of the credit card policies. This is a violation of customer service. Had I gone to a brick & mortar store and they placed an incorrect price tag on the item, I take it to check out and give them funds for the purchase, the item is sold. It is mine. In this case, they Overstock caught me in the parking lot and demanded 3x more money for the item.

They say they are sorry, but that is not the point. I didn't purchase a similar item for a similar price on a competitors web page because I trusted Overstock. They have violated that trust I am unable to recommend anyone do business with this company.

Overstock slow

from Lillington NC

Comments about Overstock.com:

Shipping take twice as long as amazon.

beautiful stainless steel sink

Comments about Overstock.com:

I purchased the Ruvati Double stainless steel sink in November of 2014.It came on time,perfectly packed with no damage whatsoever and I have been very pleased with the way it looks and functions.It's also easy to clean.
It has wonderful elevated metal grates that fit both sides of the sink that keep pots scratching and damaging.I love it.

Shop the world from your living room

from Enterprise, Wv

Comments about Overstock.com:

When I order from Overstock, I shop world stock. I love the opportunity to own a piece of other countries culture. I ordered my sons handmade soap stone chest sets from India. They were breath taking. They arrived in the time frame they were said too. They were packaged nicely and the shipping was unbelievably cheap considering they were shipped from India. I also ordered hand made leather journals with bamboo paper and leather binding. They were amazing. They are perfect to record memories in as keep sake's for generations to come. They too were products of other countries. They arrived on time, packaged nicely and again the shipping was so good , comparable for gas price to drive to the mall. I like Overstock it enables you to find things you do not know you are looking for. You find one of a kind , handmade things that last a lifetime. The gifts I buy from here are personal gifts that come from the heart. I have never found these things elsewhere on the net or in a store. Whenever I am looking for unique items I go to Overstock. I know they will have what I am looking for. The site is easy to navigate also. Each category has exactly what it represents. I plan on staying their customer for life.

• Shipping and Returns:

cost way TOO MUCH. So ADVERTISES can MAKE A BUCK.

from Warren, OH

Comments about Overstock.com:

Items are cheaply made. Breaks within a few months. Stuff that stores no longer want.

Product Selection
Cheap merchandise. Stuff store no longer wanted

Product Pricing
Charged as much as they could for cheap CRAP

Customer Service
Rude, don't care how the customer thinks because they don't want to loss their jobs

Shipping and Returns
If you didn't have the receipt then you are out of luck or even this shipping invoice

Dissapointed

from Valparaiso, In

Comments about Overstock.com:

I was looking for a Queen sized bed for my toddler and I was not happy with the prices and selection. I found cheaper elsewhere. I was very surprised

It was easy to find categories

Product Selection
Didnt have what I was looking for

Product Pricing
Overpriced. I found cheaper elsewhere for better quality

Customer Service
I didnt have to use customer service

Shipping and Returns