3.7

• Product Selection:
    • Product Pricing:
    • Customer Service:
    • Shipping and Returns:

Good deals, great customer service

I started shopping from Overstock.com a few years ago, and I've been extremely satisfied. For those of you not familiar with this online retailer, here's the skinny: Overstock.com sells all sorts of stuff - clothing, housewares, electronics, sporting goods, books...you name it. As their name says, they sell overstock items....inventory that others can't move. Since they buy large amounts at a low rate, they're able to sell most things at very competative prices. In addition, they charge $2.98 for shipping, per order, flat rate. Seriously. If you order one book from them, shipping will cost you $2.95. If you order thirty books from them, the shipping cost will be $2.95 (as long as you ordered them at the same time...not a couple of days apart.) If you order a couch, the shipping will still only run you $2.95!

I've bought lots of stuff from Overstock.com, including an MP3 player. Back when these were very, very expensive, I ordered one as a gift. It was listed as "refurbished." Refurbished items are items that have been bought and returned because they were defective. The manufacturer will have had the items factory refurbished - which is almost like being rebuilt from scratch. Items that have been refurbished, even though they're basically brand new, cannot legally be sold as new, and it's often a great way to save a lot of money. The catch, sometimes, is that factory refurbished items usually don't fall under manufacturers' warranties. When I bought my friend an MP3 player for $75 (which was about $60 less than the going price on that model), I opted to also pay a few bucks for extended coverage. The item arrived in perfect condition and my friend used it, non-stop, for almost six months. At that point, she started having some trouble with the ear buds. I figured it was just a matter of the cord having been bend to and fro and having a short. Since the item was under warranty, I logged on to Overstock.com, and opened an online customer service session. This is a great option they offer: real, live people who can offer customer service in real time over the net! The person I communicated verified that the MP3 player was, in fact, covered, and that she would send me a mailer envelope in which to send the played back for evaluation and/or repair or replacement. The postage-pre-paid packet arrived two days later, and we sent the MP3 player off. Less than a week later, Overstock.com contacted my friend and offered to either send a brand new MP3 player, or give here an Overstock.com credit for the full cost of the player. By this time, Ipods had become much more affordable, and my friend asked if I would mind her opting for the credit, so she could order some camping equipment she needed. I was fine with that, and so was Overstock. They gave her the credit right away. The entire thing was resolved within one week.

I can't say enough how pleased I've been with Overstock.com's customer service. The live online help is great. If there's something I'd like ot know about a product I'm looking at, it's easy to just open up a session and ask the person on the other end some details. This came in handy, just today, when I was ordering audio books for my mom. I had questions about format (CD or cassette), and the agent was able to get me the correct information about several titles in under three minutes. This level of service is pretty rare these days...especially with some online dealers.

I'd advise anyone doing serious online shopping - especially for things like sporting goods, electronics, watches, linens and outdoor furniture - to do lots of comparison shopping. Find the brands and model numbers of things you like at Amazon or Crutchfield or wherever, and then check outif Overstock is offering the same product at a better rate.  And don't forget to factor in shipping costs! When I wanted to get my parents a set of patio furniture, the same set was a few dollars less at Target.com, but Target.com wanted an extra $73 for shipping!

Happy shopping!

Not always the best prices on the web

I have mixed feeling and experiences with **Overstock.com**. One the one hand making purchases at **Overstock.com** through *My Points* is always worthwhile since they offer 10 point per dollar spent, and there is always a shipping special under way.  Case in point: I recently purchase a new occasional table for our loft and the shipping was free despite the size and weight of the table!

On the other hand the site claim to low (whole) prices is often not true; there have been several times I have some to the site looking for a lower price on an item only to find the price the same as it was at other sites or higher. In some case quite a bit higher! So while I will continue to shop at **Overstock.com** I will always compare the prices elsewhere before I click the button to complete a sale.

return of items

from Pearland, Texas

Comments about Overstock.com:

I bought three dresses for my aunt, they didn't fit so I wanted to return them. I spoke to overstock people on the chat room, they said they sent me return labels but never did. I spoke to them again and they gave me an RMA number and said write on the package. Then return. I went to the UPS store and they charged me 22.00 to return the items. I went back to the chat room and they said because I didn't use the return label they never sent they would not refund my postage. I will not deal with them ever again, and I will tell my family etc.

Wrong Item delivered

from Crystal, Minnesota

Comments about Overstock.com:

We purchase from Overstock the Samsun Washer Dryer (Gas Dryer). After 2 weeks was deliver all wrapped so you cannot see what inside The driver refused to wait to open and inspect, he told us the package not damage very little English speaking driver. So we open and recognize it is the totally different items what Overstock show in his website on the pictures. We called Customer service the agent also recognize the differences also the pedestal's was missing. She told us need to transfer us to the Electrical department. she get back on the phone and told us someone will call us back after 3-5 Business days. We receive the phone call and the gentleman recognize the differences he ask to send the pictures from the delivered items. he told us he will call on Monday - nobody called we saw on the website the RA # initiated and the re -deliver start to process- but after 1 days the re-deliver was cancelled and when we called was told us it is out of stock no info when going to have this style again. so I here with no Washer Dryer I paid for the scheduled installation and take 2 days off from work to wait for the deliver and the next day installations. It is totally unacceptable we understand mistakes but should find the solutions but do not want to try anything. I do not recommend to buy anything from Overstock

Customer Service Outstanding Best in the World

from California Coast

Comments about Overstock.com:

We bought a hot tub through Overstock, and are very happy with it. What we are ecstatic about is the customer service. The shipper came alone with a 900 pound hot tub on the truck. We had to get a crew to wrangle it off. This was not Overstock's fault. We called to explain that although we had paid for white glove service to have the tub delivered to the back yard, we were stuck with it in the driveway. Overstock promptly reimbursed us for the $500.00 we spent hiring a crew to get the tub situated, even though the delivery error was the shippers (I hope they recover this cost from the shipper). I will buy with confidence even enormous items, given the quality of the service

First time, last one

from Raleigh

Comments about Overstock.com:

fake products towels said fluffy but nothing broken heaters

Suburb quality & price

from San Francisco, CA

Comments about Overstock.com:

I ordered a door mat and rug from overstock.com. it was delivered the next day and the products were as described. I was very happy with the purchase.

Great shopping experience

from san Francisco, CA

Comments about Overstock.com:

Ordered a runner rug for my entryway. The carpet was even prettier than the online picture and the delivery was super quick. Very satisfied.

2 months of waiting.

from Highland, Ca

Comments about Overstock.com:

I ordered 4 curtain panels close to 2 months now. For the 3rd time they have sent the WRONG SIZE! This is unacceptable. I will NEVER purchase another item from this website and will NOT recommend this to my friends.

makes returns impossible

from Nutley New Jersey

Comments about Overstock.com:

I bought a recliner from overstock.com, the product is so cheap and week my mom could not use it. it is made for a child.
My mother is in a care facility and because they did not keep the box it is impossible to return. Nobody makes boxes big enough, they even sent me to the UPS store and they could not make it.
Overstock.com will take no responsibility for it. Mike one of the managers over the phone at Overstock says it is not their problem if I did not keep the box and I cannot return it. Overstock.com has no boxes and WILL NOT help in any way. Knowing my mother is in a care facility and giving absolutely no true guidance shows what type of company it is.

NEVER AGAIN will I but anything from them..

Great customer service, good deals, fast shipping

from Broomall, PA

Comments about Overstock.com:

I have purchased curtains and lamps so far at Overstock. I was absolutely impressed by the customer service I recently received from Overstock after purchasing a lamp. The lamp was very nice but unfortunately the shade came with dents despite how carefully it appeared to be packed. I left feedback regarding this but still confirmed all of my other purchases were an excellent customer experience. I didn't want to return the lamp since I felt I might be able to find a replacement shade locally. Much to my surprise, customer service responded and shipped a new shade in perfect condition without me even asking. It is so refreshing to get such excellent service I look forward to my next purchase.

BAIT AND SWITCH 2

from Michigan

I read with interest a comment posted on 12/15/2015, By DJ123 from PA

MY EXPERIENCE EXACTLY - what a scumbag company this is - so I 'm reposting with a few end comments myself!

First experience with this company. I placed an order specifically on 3-21, and they offered a pillow with two color choices - both show available. I completed my order and have printed the confirmation. Good thing I cut/pasted a screen-print showing the color and such ordered. They shipped the other color, and then blamed me. Customer service was A JOKE, and the online chat folks would never answer a direct question or address the real issue. I WILL NEVER ORDER FROM THEM AGAIN, AND WILL TELL EVERYONE I KNOW!