4.8

4.8

Great Steamer - difficult to clean

from Charlotte, NC

Comments about Oster Steamer:

I only use this steamer for vegetables and it cooks well. The controls are easy to use. However, the first time I steamed artichokes, it stained and I can't get the brown marks off. I still use it, but it doesn't look as nice.

Works great, so easy!

from Harrisburg, PA

Comments about Oster Steamer:

I have had this steamer for many years and it still works great.  The numbers on the timer are wearing off, but that is the ONLY bad thing about the product.   A Marker fixes the problem.  I just started making rice in it because my dog has been placed on a rice diet for a medical problem and I was making it everyday.  Now I can make large volumes of rice easy.  It is great!

I get tons of use out of my Oster rice cooker/steamer!

from Roseburg, OR

Comments about Oster Steamer:

I started out just cooking rice in my Oster steamer, but have since branched out. I've cooked white, brown, Basmati, sticky, and wild mix rices in it, with success every time, even though I have never managed to cook rice decently on the stove top. But I've also discovered that it is great for steaming vegetalbes! They come out very tasty, still as crunchy as I like them, and with lovely bright color! That was the biggest surprise for me, that cooking veggies in my steamer seemed to enhance their color and make them look so much more appetizing than pale, boiled or fried veggies. Oh, I also like to melt cheese on my veggies, especially the broccoli and zucchini, and I can do that right in my steamer, too! Since we eat Gluten-free, we use a lot of less-traditional grains, like quinoa and buckwheat, and I cook those very easily in my Oster steamer, too. You could probably cook less granular things, like oatmeal and kamut in it too, though I haven't tried that yet.

Just add water

from Scottsdale, AZ

Comments about Oster Steamer:

Before I got married, I had always used the old school basket steamer in a pot of water (which always worked just fine, but I had to stand over the stove to make sure I didn't forget about whatever I was cooking). My life hasn't been the same since I found the Sunbeam steamer in my husband's cupboard. I love cooking dinner for my family. It is so easy and convenient. All you have to do is add water and whatever you would like to cook, set the timer, and continue to cook the rest of your dinner. The steamer does the rest...no leaking and easy cleanup (most of the parts are dishwasher safe). We recently took one of these steamers to a holiday gift exchange game. It was the hot item! Everybody was fighting over it, because I am always ranting and raving about how great and convenient it is. I have also used it to steam fruit and veggies before I grind them up for baby food..another great use for an already wonderful product.