Other Toasters:
6239, 6307, 6332

Pros

Cons

• Toasting Evenness:

Very much worth the money !!!

I think this is definately a great product. I have recommended it to all my friends and family. it toasts bread , bagels and muffins just the way I like them. And unlike the old toasters of yesteryears, you can fit the thickest slice of homemade bread in the slots. As well as bagels. Since i bought mine I have gotten a few of my family members as well as a few friends to also purchase one just like it. Now if you could just come up with a way to get it to do my house work that would be the icing on the cake !!! LOL

The Oster toaster is the worst one I have ever owned.

I purchased the red Oster toaster approximately a year ago, and it began to act up after about 6 months.  It finally quit altogether - the lever to start the toasting will not stay down at all and I am shopping for another toaster.  I don't think*  *I have EVER had a toaster to quit - I simply get tired of the way they look and get another.  What a disappointment this was!

Love the toast!

from Albuquerque

Pros

Cons

• Kitchen

Comments about Oster Inspire 2-Slice Toaster:

I was happy with the slim design since I have very limited counter space. Looks sweet and works just as you would like, you can't go wrong with this cute, brave little toaster. Does a good job, quite efficiently. Love the color and love the toast.

• Primary use:
      • Personal

Oster 2 slice toaster

Comments about Oster Inspire 2-Slice Toaster:

This was a great toaster, wish it had lasted longer than it did. I loved the color, it looked great sitting out on my counter top. It had bagel, defrost, warm, and cancel buttons as well as several toasting settings. Slots were wide enough to easily fit a bagel or texas toast size bread without it getting stuck. Anything I toasted came out perfectly and toasted very evenly, and the removable crumb tray made clean up a breeze. I just wish it hadn't broken in our move, they do not sell these anymore.

Toasting Evenness
      Toasted evenly on both sides no matter what kind of bread I toasted.

Safety
      Always unplug any toaster before removing your toast! This toaster did have the toast boost on it but there were still times I had to put my fingers close to the slots to get stuff out.

The removable crumb tray made clean up super easy.

Held up great until the movers broke it in our move!

I loved the look of this toaster. The color looked great and I used to just leave it out on the counter.

• Toasting Evenness:

Easy to make toast, great settings

from Stroudsburg, PA

Comments about Oster Inspire 2-Slice Toaster:

The Oster Inspire 2-Slice Toaster 6309 allows you to toast 2 pieces of bread in it, and it has extra wide toasting slots so you can fit bigger pieces inside of it without having to stuff them in. It has a frozen, bagel, toast, cancel, and warm buttons, as well as seven different shades of toast you can make from light to dark. Then is also has a removable crumb tray for easy clean up as well as a recipe booklet that you can use to make different things in this toaster.

What really drew me to this toaster is that you can fit big bagels, and much bigger pieces of toast into here without having to jam them into the toaster or cut them smaller. It's nice to be able to make breakfast without struggling and having a burnt bagel. Its also great because it has a frozen button. I like to put frozen bagels, bread, waffles, English muffins, pop tarts/toaster struddles, and I don't know if you are really supposed to but I put smaller frozen pizzas in here sometimes too.

It's really a versatile toaster, and always makes everything I put in there just the way I like it and nice in even. Overall it just looks like a simple toaster, but it's really not, and I would recommend to pick one up if you want a nice inexpensive toaster.

Toasting Evenness
      My bagels, toast, and everything I make in here always comes out perfect and even. I never have any problems with the evenness of the food I make, and I never have to flip anything to get them even which is great.

Safety
      It has a removable crumb tray, so it makes it easier to clean out, thus no smoke or fire. As long as you keep it clean it's safe to use.

It's very easy to clean out because it has a removable crumb tray and I just dump the crumps out and wipe it down every so often. For the outside of the toaster all I do is wipe it down as well.

I've found it to be very durable, and I haven't had any problems with it. I know other people have had problems with this toaster, but mine has been working great since the day I bought it.

I like that it has an array of different settings like the frozen, bagel, toast, warm, and cancel buttons. I also like that it has the bigger toaster slots, so you can fit bigger pieces of bread, and bagels in there no problem. It also has the seven different shades of toast you can get. It looks like a simple toaster, and nothing special from the outside but it has different buttons and settings which makes it great.

Great Look, Great Performance

from Trenton, GA

Comments about Oster Inspire 2-Slice Toaster:

I bought this toaster based almost entirely on looks. More than two years later, I'm still using it and loving it.

Toasting Evenness
      Food toasts evenly with a nice crisp finish. The settings, for frozen foods, bagels, and items you may want to only warm up, help.

Safety
      The long and wide food slots prevent foods from getting stuck which elimates my biggest safety concern - having to remove the thick, sprouted, bread slices I'm fond of from the toaster. That also makes it safer for my disabled son, who might forget that sticking something other than food in the toaster is not a good idea.

The exterior wipes off easily and has maintained its nice shine and color. Some crumbs get stuck inside but most are easily removed through the access door.

This toaster works as well today as when I bought it, almost three years ago.

I love the retro look. And I like that the food type buttons are big enough to read.

Cute and simple toaster!

from Davie, FL

Comments about Oster Inspire 2-Slice Toaster:

This toaster does exactly what it is supposed to do. Whether you're toasting bagels, waffles, bread, English muffins, it works! I would recommend this for anyone who wants a simple toaster.

Toasting Evenness
      The toasting comes out even every single time. There are different settings to choose from such as light or dark. No matter which you choose, it always comes out perfect.

Safety
      This toaster is completely safe as long as you have common sense. The top of the toaster does become hot to the touch while in use, so you obviously should not touch it.

This toaster is fairly easy to clean. You just need to shake the crumbs out from the bottom of it. You can wipe off the exterior with a wet rag if it appears dirty.

I've never dropped this toaster before. However, it seems pretty sturdy and strong for a little toaster.

The design is actually the main reason why I chose this toaster. My kitchen walls are painted red, so this toaster matches perfectly. I just love it.

• Toasting Evenness:

Does a good job, but not my first choice

from Westchester, IL

Comments about Oster Inspire 2-Slice Toaster:

I had some expiring reward points and I ended up purchasing the Oster Inspire 2-Slice Toaster with them. I didn't have a need for a new toaster, but I figured I would give my main one some rest. The Oster toaster has nice size slots and I can practically fit anything in them. The toaster is very light weight, but it doesn't feel flimsy. My toast comes out evenly shaded every time I use it. The side enclosures lock in my toast and pastry treats very firmly. One thing that caught my attention is that the outer shell of this toaster gets very hot. I once bumped into one of the sides after unplugging it and my
      arm instantly had a red mark. The burn wasn't painful and it faded after a couple of days. The only other issue I have with this toaster is that it will sky rocket toast out of it slots when done. I have on more than a couple of occasions come back to my kitchen to find my toast on the floor or the edge of the counter. I would recommend the Oster Inspire 2-Slice Toaster because it does do a good job of browning bread, but it wouldn't be my first option.

• Toasting Evenness:

High quality and stylish toaster!

Comments about Oster Inspire 2-Slice Toaster:

I bought this toaster mostly because I wanted a toaster to match my other red kitchen appliances. I am SO happy I did because it works great, bagels or toast!

Toasting Evenness
      The toasting adjustments enables you to determine how dark/how light you want the toasting to be, and I feel it's pretty close to dead-on to whatever I chose. Also, the toasting is even (unlike my previous toaster that left portions un-toasted). Bagels are usually my choice, and they come out perfect!

Safety
      The top of the toaster definitely becomes hot to touch, but what toaster doesn't? Aside from that, there are no obvious dangerous electrical parts exposed.

Typical toaster. It's easy enough to clean out/empty out the crumbs from the bottom, and/or shake out from top if need be, but you'll eventually always end up with some crumb build up on the interior.

I can't say that I've dropped mine to test, but it does seem like a "sturdy" toaster and I am not gentle when moving around or putting away.

The number one reason I picked this toaster is the design! It has a very stylish and classy (if you can call a toaster classy) look and feel to it. It's the perfect size for fitting anywhere in the kitchen without being an eye-sore.

Makes crunchy surface

Comments about Oster Inspire 2-Slice Toaster:

I bought this toaster six months ago, since then I am using for every piece of bread that comes to my apartment. I like the way it makes the surface of the bread crunchy but leaves inside the bread soft and warmed.
      I searched a lot to find a good toaster that matches with my kitchen and it was the one I finally decided. My kitchen has a red theme and this toaster really goes with it.
      When I used it for the first time, something caused a little smoke witch triggered the smoke detector. But after that, it did not happen and every thing goes well after that.
      There is a tray in the bottom of this toaster that you can easily remove to clean it and then put it back. It can be removed easily, but do not forget to unplug the toaster first for safety. It has a plastic handle, but just in case.
      The other thing that I can mention about this is that when you use it, the first round takes twice time than the next rounds.
      Overall, I like it and I do recommend it to whom wants a good toaster with a fair price.

Comments about Oster Inspire 2-Slice Toaster:

I love this toaster, my children love to watch the toast pop up. I even put waffles in there. I have other oster products. this product works well for me.

Toasting Evenness
      My toast comes out nice, and brown. If I want it darker, no problem.

Safety
      Never had to worry about any shorts in this toaster. I had it for over a year.

Very easy to clean, just open and wipe it down with a cloth

Strong, and sturdy.

I like the color, and the way it's shaped. It looks stylish.

reliable, decorative toaster

from St. Paul, MN

Comments about Oster Inspire 2-Slice Toaster:

I bought this toaster when I started college in 2007 and I still use it at my new home today over 6 years later. I bought it to match my red microwave to go with my red themed kitchen. Today my kitchen is more of a wine themed kitchen with this red and the wonderful red wine colors. For as long as I've had it, it still works just as well as when I had purchased it. It wasn't very expensive compared to many of the other toasters in stores which was an added bonus. I use it at least every couple of weeks, mostly for making simple toast. But I do on occasion use it for bagels, english muffins, frozen toaster struddles and pop tarts. I've never had an issue with it burning things or not cooking things thoroughly as long as I adjust the setting. Usually I use a lower setting because I can't stand burnt bread, then I just put it in a little longer if it's not quite as done as I'd like.

Toasting Evenness
      toast is usually more done on one side than the other but it isn't a huge difference and I actually kind of like it so when I put butter, etc on the less done side it's still crispy and good on the otherside! With thicker things like bagels it is usually more even and it does cook through (in a good way).

Safety
      I've never had an issue with it. It cools down quickly after using it and the cord is sturdy.

Pretty comparable to the average toaster.

It's made it through multiple moving trips and still not a scratch on it.