Other Toasters:

Cons

Black and Decker Toaster

from Brookville, OH

Comments about Black & Decker 2-Slice Toaster:

My husband and I received this toaster as a wedding gift almost 3 years ago. We liked the features such as the bagel, frozen and cancel feature. My husband and I freeze our bagels so this feature came in handy.

Toasting Evenness
This toaster toasted the toaster alright. If you toasted more than two slices of bread, you had to turn down the heat, or the bread would get a little darker than what we liked.

Safety
The safety of this toaster was alright while it lasted. Sadly, my husband accidentally cut the cord of this toaster with a knife. Thankfully the kitchen has a serge protection so my husband wasn't killed or harmed. The only thing harmed was the toaster, which obviously had the be thrown away and the knife was left with a burn mark in it. Be careful not have your cord close to where you are cutting. :)

I would say this is an average ease of cleaning for a toaster. It has a little tray on the bottom to collect the bread crumbs which was very helpful.

It worked well while it lasted.

The design of the toaster is good. You could tell this toaster was made better than most of the toasters you typically find in the store.

Really good.

Comments about Black & Decker 2-Slice Toaster:

Overall I really like my toaster and it's something that's worth the money because it lasts a long time.

Toasting Evenness
Gives a pretty even toast.

Safety
It's never randomly started smoking or anything like that.

I just wipe it off and shake it out.

okay so for me the average toaster's life span in my home is about a little under one year so I'm use to doing things like jiggling the cord or hitting the knob to get the thing working. This toaster however I don't even have to do all that and I have had mine for about two or three years. Even now it works like new and I never have any problems with getting it to work.

I like the design because it's slick with a futuristic type of feel added on to the initial classic design. The different setting that let you switch in between bagels and frozen really come in handy (I tend to freeze my bread and bagels to keep them fresh). Another feature that I just love is the "cancel" button that lets you stop the toasting process at anytime.

• Toasting Evenness:

Best toaster I've ever had.

Comments about Black & Decker 2-Slice Toaster:

This is the best toaster I have ever had. You can use it for toast, sandwich bread and waffles. And you can choose the heat level. It is awesome! I've even put some frozen things in it and it still worked like a charm. If you're looking for a toaster, don't hesitate to purchase this one. I think it is the best value for your money.

• Toasting Evenness:

This toaster was a wedding gift and looked nice at first.

Comments about Black & Decker 2-Slice Toaster:

We received this toaster for a wedding gift. We liked it at first since it looked great with our stainless steel appliances. Now the toaster doesn't look great since it doesn't come clean very easily. My biggest complaint would be that the crumb tray overflows when it doesn't have much in it, which makes a big mess on the counter. But for the price it is a good toaster, it works just fine for making toast, bagels, and everything else. I do like The 6 different options and the the bagel, frozen, and cancel buttons.

This is my big complaint. Food gets stuck in the writing that is on the top of the toaster. Mine doesn't look anything like it use to even when I use stainless steel cleaner.

• Toasting Evenness:

This toaster is built solid. The bagel option is fantastic.

from Saint Paul, MN

Comments about Black & Decker 2-Slice Toaster:

This toaster is solid and dependable. It has bright LED lights so that it is easy to make sure you are pushing the right control buttion. It has a cancel feature so that you don't have to worry about overtoasting. It has cool touch sides and extra wide slots.The top also remains fairly cool so that there is less chance to getting burned when removing toasted items. It is great for bagels and thick sliced bread. It has a sleek design that is eye pleasing. It's black and chrome exterior matches with most decors. It's curved design means there are no sharp corners or edges to get cut on. The darkness control dial is easy to use so that you get perfectly toasted bread everytime. The frozen option makes it easy to toast frozen waffles and pancakes. The cord wrap on the bottom is very easy to use. It elminates the cord sticking out and getting in the way or caught when moving the toaster around. The crumb tray removes easily for cleaning.

We have had this toaster about 1year and while I really like it and the features it has the button that you push down to start the toaster is no longer catching so you have to hold it down. Our household is only my husband and myself and we do not overuse or abuse this item. I am not at all happy with the fact that it no longer works like it should.

It is a very attractive looking toaster. The design is modern and it is not too large.

• Toasting Evenness:

Cost efficent and works great

from Houston, TX

Comments about Black & Decker 2-Slice Toaster:

The toaster is cost efficient. It is suitable for everyday use. I have been using mine for the last three years. There is a crumbs plate at the bottom of the toaster which collects all the toast crumbs. I just unplug the toaster and remove the crumb plate and clean it. You can also toast frozen waffles which comes out really well. There are three settings on the toaster which has led lights. One is to cancel , the other for toasting frozen stuff generally waffles or frozen pancakes and the other one are for bagels. However the toast slots are not that big and hence if you buy breads from the bakery which are generally large in size than the standard ones, you might have a problem inserting the entire bread fully into the toaster.

Overall the black and decker toaster is a great addition to a kitchen and is suitable for practical everyday use. Its operations is not at all complicated. I have the black one and it perfectly matches the decor of my kitchen given that is all in white

Good Buy.

from San Francisco, CA

Comments about Black & Decker 2-Slice Toaster:

We have owned this toaster for about six months. We have not experienced any issues with it yet. One feature I like the best is the bagel toasting feature. It heats the outside of the bagel while toasting the inside. I find the toasting to be consistent after finding a good setting. There is also a lift up feature to lift up breads/bagels after it finish toasting. I also like the appearance of this toaster. I do think though, the toaster is slightly big for the limited counter space we have.

I did notice for the first couple weeks of use there was a burning smell from the toaster. The smell dissapeared after a while.

Black and Decker offers a 1 year warranty for this toaster. For the price we paid for it, I consider it a good buy.

Black & Decker 2-slice toaster T2030

from Rumford, RI

Comments about Black & Decker 2-Slice Toaster:

We just bought this toaster a month ago and its great, its wide enough for the bagels and has a switch for it, very happy with it.  Looks good too, and doesn't take too long to toast.  this is our first Black and Decker product as far as a toaster.,

I highly recommend the Black & Decker T2030 2slice toaster

from Tulsa, OK

Comments about Black & Decker 2-Slice Toaster:

I highly recommend the Black & Decker T2030 2-slice toaster.  I got it on sale when my other toaster went out thinking it would be a temporary fix, but it has become a permanent fixture in my kitchen.  It has exceeded my expectations in every way.  I like the black and chrome colors, which look nice with almost any kitchen decor.  It is easy to wipe off and put away after using.  The outside of the toaster does not get too hot, so it can be put away immediately.  It has a handy cord wrap on the bottom for storing the cord.  It also has a convenient crumb tray in the bottom that is easy to remove and dump or wash.  It has nice blue LED lights to indicate which setting you are using.  The frozen button is especially nice for waffles.  It also has a cancel button that you can press at any time during the toasting cycle to eject your food.  It has a large dial to set the toasting darkness.  This dial is easily used, but doesn't easily move when accidentally bumped.  With the Black & Decker T2030 2-slice toaster your toast comes out perfect every time.