Other Toasters:

Pros

Cons

Great Toaster

Comments about Cuisinart Metal Classic 2-Slice Toaster:

Overall this toaster is great. Appearance and easy to maintain (just wipe and your good). Slots are wide, so that my bagels don't get caught on sides. I love it for both toast and bagels. Everything gets cooked on both sides, instead of just one side how most toasters do. I have had my toaster for about a year and still works the same as day on.

Very cute, modern, great for small spaces

purchased for my parents

from Rochester, NY

Comments about Cuisinart Metal Classic 2-Slice Toaster:

makes a great slice of toast (or 2).

Toasting Evenness
so far we have made toast and bagels and both have come out perfect. It took a few tries to set the toaster to the correct number.

Safety
does not get hot

no cleaning yet

feels sturdy, unlike some toasters that are light and wimpy

sleek look. LIke the stainless steel color.

• Toasting Evenness:

Awesome toaster that does the job.

Comments about Cuisinart Metal Classic 2-Slice Toaster:

This is a fine toaster that really has nice even toasting, unlike many other toasters I have owned!! Probably the only downside of this toaster is its size. Unlike my old one, this new toaster is a little more chunky and takes up more cabinet space. But overall, if you are looking for a toaster that toasts evenly, this is the toaster for you!!

• Toasting Evenness:

Basic and looks nice, really all you need!

from Chapel Hill, NC

Comments about Cuisinart Metal Classic 2-Slice Toaster:

My husband and I recieved this toaster 5 years ago as a wedding gift. We had registered for it at Bed Bath & Beyond because it looked simple, was mid-priced, and looked pretty nice. We wanted something that looked stainless steel. It cleans pretty nicely, has a crumb tray that comes out for easy cleaning, and still works like a charm, 5 years later. The slots are big enough for bagels and english muffins, and I appreciate the dial for choosing how toasted you want your bread. It's a great toaster, I totally recommend it.

• Toasting Evenness:

Great toaster, but difficult to keep clean.

from Colorado Springs, CO

Comments about Cuisinart Metal Classic 2-Slice Toaster:

I love this toaster. It is great. My only complaint is that the metal finish is very difficult to keep looking clean.

It is easy to clean, however it doesn't stay looking clean for long due to the finish.

• Toasting Evenness:

Does what it's supposed to do

from Murfreesboro, TN

Comments about Cuisinart Metal Classic 2-Slice Toaster:

As far as toasters go, this toaster is pretty good. I wanted one that was wide enough to cook bagels and this one does a decent job without the bagel getting stuck (unless it's just a huge bagel). I like the timer on the side to control how dark the bread gets, it goes up to 5 minutes I think for those of you who like your bread really dark. Its fairly easy to clean, it has a crumb catcher on the bottom that you just slide out to dumb the crumbs. I have owned and used this model for probably 5 or 6 years with regular use, and it hasn't had any problems yet so I would say it's pretty durable.

• Toasting Evenness:

Toasts toast and a whole lot more and looks good doing it

from Houston, TX

Comments about Cuisinart Metal Classic 2-Slice Toaster:

The Cuisinart CPT-160 2-Slice Toaster is a nice little toaster. It does what it needs to do and does it well. It is easily cleaned. It looks nice in your kitchen. It gets your toasting of your bagel, waffle, toast or whatever done right the first time.

But for our family of four and then with guest visiting you suddenly realize that two slices of toasting at a time just isn't enough.

Toasting Evenness
I'm easily able to choose the correct setting. The first time I used it I got it right and it has settings for bagels and other things you would want to toast.

Safety
You can wrap the cord up tight so it's not all across the counter. Everything pops up high enough that you aren't close to the heat to remove your food. That's important especially with kids in the house.

Looks like stainless steel, but cleans a whole lot easier! The pull crumb tray you just dump the crumbs and wipe with a sponge. Easy.

I like the cross between looking classic and modern. It's not a fifties look, but just enough to be called classic and classy.

the classic wedding gift

from Los Angeles, CA

Comments about Cuisinart Metal Classic 2-Slice Toaster:

The Cuisinart Metal Toaster is the classic wedding gift and, in fact, my husband and I received this as a gift for our wedding. The finish is a really nice clean look, although I will admit, it loses a star because the surface can get a little grimy looking even after repeated cleanings. The slots are big enough for bagels which is a huge plus as our old toaster barely held thin slices of bread. It even has a special "bagel" setting button as well as a reheat and defrost setting. ANother big plus is that the crumb tray slides all the way out for cleaning. Our older toaster slid out but stayed attached to the toaster making it tricky to clean it. The price is pretty good as I feel like you can always find it on sale. They also make a four slice version of this toaster for bigger families but this two slice version is perfect for me and the hubby.

looks very sharp

• Toasting Evenness:

Toasts all sizes of bread or pastry items to your desired level.

from San Marcos, CA

Comments about Cuisinart Metal Classic 2-Slice Toaster:

The Cuisinart Toaster has four slots for toasting breads or pastries.  Each pair of slots has its own toasting control, with a numeric selection dial.  The slots are wide enough to hold bagels or Texas toast, but could be longer to hold bread slices that are larger than normal.  The toaster has multiple settings, including a setting specifically for bagels and a cancel button.  It is easy to use and holds up well to daily use.

Very Satisfied

from Fort Lauderdale, FL

Comments about Cuisinart Metal Classic 2-Slice Toaster:

I've used several different brands of toasters and all either became eratic in their browning capabilities or just quit working. Have been using a toaster oven which took forever to heat and toasted unevenly. About four weeks ago I bought this Cuisinart and I am very pleased with it. It's an excellent product. This toaster is beautiful and matches all your stainless steel appliances. It is not too big and is good for a smaller kitchen. I had a cheaper toaster before. This one is worth the money, since the bread comes out of it much tastier. I am not sure how, but it toasts the bread better. It also has a "reheat" button, which means you don't have to through away left overs. You just reheat them later and they will be as good and fresh as should be. I love this thing.