2.9
Other Misc. Mattresses:
Original Mattress Factory
Original Mattress Factory  (All Mattresses)

Original Mattress Factory (All Mattresses)

2.9

Pros

Cons

• Develops cavity (3)

• Primary bed (6)
    • Reviewer Profile:
    • Midrange shopper (5)

The Original Mattress Factory for a good nights sleep

We purchased a mattress from the Original Mattress Factory a few months ago to replace an older smaller bed. We got the queen orthopedic pillow top with the boxspring. We have been flipping and rotating the bed around every 2 weeks. Everytime we do that, I notice that my side of my bed gets firm and then you have to adjust to it again. My significant other has no complains about the bed and loves it. He has back and neck problems and says that he doesn't wake up with any pain after sleeping in this bed vs the other beds he has been in. A pro on this bed is that the pillowtop is on both sides. I have noticed that most other companies do not sell beds like that anymore. The pillowtop is pretty soft and supportive. We have not had any problems with the bed so far. We splurged on the pillows that was being sold in the store but I'm not sure if that was such a good purchase. The bed is a good purchase and we would buy it again if we need another bed.

They made the bed, now they lie about it

If you google original mattress factory complaints you will find hundreds of folks who tell the exact same story I am about to tell you...
We purchased the orth. plush king...Read complete review

We purchased the orth. plush king set 5 mo ago for about 1300.00. The very first night we said...this feels NOTHING like the bed in the showroom that we ordered. We got new pillows, several toppers and pads but nothing helped. We still awoke sore and in pain. We had to conclude that our new mattress was the problem. We finally went back to the store, tried the beds again and concluded again that the ortho plush was what we were looking for. We loved it. However, I swear to you, that is NOT what was delivered to my home. The TAG says that it is the orthopedic plush king, but the guts of that bed cannot possibly be the same as the one in the store. It is not even remotely similar. The store basically told me that I can spend additional money to upgrade to something else, but that it is what it is and there is no recourse no returns.
What a brilliant scam...the old bait and switch. Wonderful bed in the showroom and a piece of expensive junk delivered to my house. How can I prove it? The only way to verify that I am not alone is to see for yourself all the TONS of reviews on other sites that say the very SAME thing.
Maybe they could not get the same quality materials as the show model and substituted something else?. Maybe they changed suppliers since they made the floor model and the springs are inferior?? I have no idea, but this bed is so bad that we went out today and spent another 1000.00 to get a new mattress at another store so we can get some sleep. I do not know yet what I will do with my 5 mo old original mattress factory bed...throw it away I guess.

Comfort
ugh...I have been sleeping on the couch

Support
poor support, I think that is what causes all the pain. The sales pitch was so convincing. I really thought we were getting a quality product. My child has a 300.00 bed from Big Lots that is more comfortable than this thing.

Firmness
It is supposed to be a PLUSH bed tho, it is hard as a rock. We gave it a fair chance, but breaking it in is not working at all.

I cannot really comment on the durability, it is a 5 mo old mattress.

Do not buy!

from Raleigh NC

Pros

Cons

• Develops Cavity

Comments about Original Mattress Factory (All Mattresses):

Bought a double sided queen from these guys 4 years ago. Was thinking their 12 year warranty meant something. Unfortunately, within the 4 years even with constant flipping, had huge depressions and apparently a broken spring. Contacted the ORiginal Mattress Factory and they supposedly fixed it, but would not consider giving us prorated refund. At this point we were dealing with the OMF owner, who seemed to find the whole situation amusing and who made light of it by mocking the replacement mattress (a Casper) we bought since his had failed. Even after pointing out the fact that his mattress had failed in less than 1/3 of the warranty period, he was still unwilling to refund anything. We ended up tossing the junk OMF mattress and love the Casper. Avoid the Original Mattress Factory since their warranty is junk and so is their product.

UNHAPPY

from Novelty, Ohio

About Me High-end Shopper

Pros

Cons

• Slopes to the side

Comments about Original Mattress Factory (All Mattresses):

We purchased the top of the line Serenity King from the Chagrin Falls store. This is the memory foam model for over $1600. Within 2 months the mattress is high in the middle & slopes to the side. Original Mattress came out and did some "fluffing" and said there is nothing wrong with it; however, we can get a different mattress for 25% up charge. I am 6' and 190 pounds. My dog now sleeps on the mattress, while I sleep in the guest room on the Simmons queen size. Very disappointed!

Do not buy from this company

from deland fl

Pros

Cons

• Too Soft

Comments about Original Mattress Factory (All Mattresses):

Do not purchase your mattress from this company. We purchased our mattress from this company in 2013 after reading consumer reports reviews and spent about $1200 for a king size mattress with box springs. Little did we know that the bed which was the next to firmest mattress brand would get soft and for the last year and half my wife and I have awaken from laying on this bed with aches and pains. When we discuss this with a representative from the company they told us there was nothing they could do. That a mattress will get soft after a while but in our opinion not after 18 months especially when we had a mattress before this one that lasted 10 years, They mention the warranty when you purchase the mattress but do not be fooled. That is for any manufactured defects not if it gets soft and uncomfortable. I would never recommend this company to anyone.

Bad Purchase

from Atlanta, GA

About Me High-end Shopper

Pros

Cons

• Develops Cavity

Comments about Original Mattress Factory (All Mattresses):

Purchased a twin top of the line ($800 plus) mattress and after one week there was an indentation where I sleep, advised by store to turn it over, same thing. They sent out a "mattress representative" he said that was normal! Please note I weight less than 127 lbs! In addition they offer no refunds! Needless to say I would never purchase a mattress from them again!
            PS. I purchased a brand new MATTRESS, so I don't know why they are making me choose I received a sample?

Worst experience ever

from Rock hill, sc

Pros

Cons

• Develops Cavity
              • Lumpy

Comments about Original Mattress Factory (All Mattresses):

Worst experience ever - do not buy one! We shopped every mattress provider to find a replacement for our beloved pillow top. We chose the Original Mattress Company and their pillow top Luxury mattress based on what we thought was a reputable company who used only high quality materials and construction. When the mattress arrived we contacted the store and asked why it felt SO different from what we laid on in the show room. We were told it would 'settle' and to 'give our bodies time to adjust' to it. Well, after just 90 days, this mattress had very deep impressions, grooves even from where my husband and I lay while sleeping. They were so deep that we took pictures and contacted the store again. This time we were told someone would need to come to our one to inspect the mattress. He gingerly led us to believe that maybe we just chose the wrong type of mattress and should move up to highest quality mattress they sell which would cost us another $700 put of pocket plus delivery charges. We just want the mattress we thought we were buying so we said no, perhaps the mattress was poorly constructed and being only 90 days old, no mattress should look like this. What we were told was that they would send a truck to pick up our mattress to take back to the warehouse. There they would take it apart and determine if it was correctly made and if not, would correct it and bring it back in couple days. And just what were we supposed to sleep on during this time? The floor? The couch? Are you kidding me??? It's not even 90 days old - it's the holidays and I'm not one to even return my food to the kitchen must less my mattress? No thanks. Well then we were told the impressions were visible but not deep enough to warrant a replacement. REALLY? So we're stuck with a mattress that's now 6 months old with impressions now 1.5 inches deep before we lay down. The middle of

So far, so good.

from Atlanta, GA

About Me Midrange Shopper

Pros

• Can be flipped
              • Can be used with an adjustable bed.
              • Comfortable
              • Good Support

• Guest Bed

Comments about Original Mattress Factory (All Mattresses):

My husband and I bought a Serenity Latex mattress to replace a 20-year old Sealy Posturpedic that had seen better days. I did a ton of research on mattresses in the course of shopping for this one. My original intent was to buy a hybrid mattress, with springs and foam. But after months of research and shopping, my hubby and I decided on the Serenity Latex at OMF. Our shopping experience there was very pleasant, no hard sell. A couple of other mattress store salespeople were so pushy I literally RAN out of the stores. The store manager educated us on their products, and gave us as much time as we needed to try them in the store. She was just as helpful and courteous to other customers when I was in the store. We ordered the bed and it was delivered two days later, even though it was Christmastime. The delivery guys came exactly when they said they would, and were very helpful and polite.

From the first night on the new mattress my husband and I can see an improvement in our sleep. I used to go to bed tired and wake up tired, but now I sleep soundly, wake up in exactly the same position I fell asleep in and feel refreshed. My back pain is gone and my hip pain is gone. We love our new mattress!

BEWARE BEFORE YOU PURCHASE - THEY DO NOT ACCEPT RETURNS

from Cleveland, Ohio

Comments about Original Mattress Factory (All Mattresses):

I recently went to the Original Mattress Factory to replace my 18-yr old Original Mattress Factory Orthopedic Pillow Top Mattress with a new one. Lysa was my sales person and suggested that I try different mattresses instead of just ordering a replacement. She pointed out the Orthopedic Ultra Plush set and I laid in the middle of the mattress. It had a little softer feel than my old set but she assured me that it was the same as the pillow top as far as firmness. She said that if I sleep on my side it will work ok for me but if on my back/front it would not. Seeing that I do sleep on my side I decided to listen to her and give it a try.
                    When the Orthopedic Ultra Plush set was delivered I called them and told them there was an awful odor from the new mattress. They said it was normal and may take up to two weeks to go away. When I sat on the edge of the new bed I kept slipping off, as though the wall of the mattress wasn't strong enough. Then I tried to sleep on it. Every time I tried to roll over from one side to my other side I would wake up because I had to practically climb over the mattress. I woke up the next morning exhausted and with an awful back ache. I called them that day and asked to return the mattress and get the Orthopedic Pillow Top Mattress that I wanted in the first place. They advised me that they DO NOT ACCEPT RETURNS. However, they would allow me to purchase a different mattress for 25% of the purchase price plus tax and another delivery charge. If they picked up the mattress they would not resell it but would donate it. However another employee told me that they would destroy it. The end result was that I did purchase the original mattress I wanted at an EXTRA cost to me of $269.75 within days of my original purchase.
                    I am happy with my Pillow Top (by the way - it did not have the awful odor that the original one had when delivered) but I am VERY DISSATISFIED that I had to pay the additional $269.75 to get the mattress I wanted in the first place. I feel as though the Ultra Plush product was misrepresented to me and I should have been told about the real differences between the two. Testing it out by resting in the middle of the mattress for a couple minutes is NOT the correct way to test out a mattress. BY POSTING THIS REVIEW I HOPE TO WARN CONSUMERS TO BE SURE YOU CHOSE THE RIGHT MATTRESS FOR YOU BEFORE PURCHASING ONE. IF YOU DO DEAL WITH THE ORIGINAL MATTRESS FACTORY UNDERSTAND THEIR NO-RETURN POLICY. I will NEVER purchase another mattress product from them and every friend, family member and acquaintance that I tell about my horrible experience in dealing with The Original Mattress Factory agrees that they will not go there either.

Worst customer service - all lip service

from Snellville, GA

About Me Budget Shopper

Comments about Original Mattress Factory (All Mattresses):

My mattress was the Ultra Plush Set, which, when new has a slight convex curve to it as it is sewn tightly on the sides causing it to bow out in the middle, which they say is natural and will wear down over time. But every time I slept in my bed on the right side, I kept feeling like I was going to roll off because of the curvature. However, when I faced left, I felt like I was going uphill. Finally, after a couple of months I took a step back and looked at my mattress from the foot board end and when looking at it against the head board, you could clearly see a slant where the left side was at least one-inch higher than the right side. I called the OMF and they sent over a technician to look at it. At first he tried to find every other reason to not acknowledge the clear 1-inch drop from one side to the other by actually measuring all four feet of the mattress frame to ensure that it wasn't crooked. Really? If the feet were crooked, I would have had this problem with my previous mattress. Finally, he found the problem. Apparently, the one side WAS sewn a little bit tighter than the other. I told him that all the months I've been sleeping on it I hadn't been comfortable, excluding the angle issue and I said I wanted to get the Plush top in exchange. He said the same thing as other reviewers said, "All Sales Final". If I want another model, I have to pay the difference plus $200. So I said that even though I have been sleeping on a defective mattress, that doesn't count for anything? He said there were health issues and they have to dispose of the mattress, etc. So he took my mattress for 2 weeks until they could rework it at the factory leaving me with nothing to sleep on, except the couch. Thanks OMF. So much for me wanting to buy locally and support my local economy and buy American. From now on, I buy what's best for me, and according to one of my friends who works at a factory that makes mattresses for other manufacturers, Simmons BeautyRest Black and Serta are the best brands out there. Unfortunately, I didn't meet this guy until after my OMF fiasco.

beds in heaven are like this.................

Comments about Original Mattress Factory (All Mattresses):

My old bed was in such sad shape that the only good thing that I could say about it is that it would have been useful to start a bonfire with. Springs were poking out and the sag was what one friend called, 'the abyss'. I have a bad back to begin with and this bed certainly was not doing me any good at all. As soon as I could afford it, I drove to the OMF store in Maplewood MN. I was very impressed with the sales rep and the way he answered all of my questions along with a tour of the factory and showing a friend and me the samples of those name brand beds. Based on another friend's happiness with her now then 10yr old OMF beds (she purchased 2 Regency in different sizes) I knew where I wanted to buy my new bed and didn't even bother looking elsewhere. I purchased an Orthopedic Ultra Plush bed (the mattress and box spring along with a new frame). It came on the date they said it would and the delivery personnel were very pleasant to deal with. They even put on my new Hosptiology encasements for me without me even asking.

I cannot say enough praises about the sales rep and the company approach to the customer or the helpfulness and niceness of the delivery guys. All around they were top notich. As far as the bed goes, well in all honestly, this bed is just this side of heaven. It feels as if it envelopes you in this plush cush of comfort that is devine yet it supports your entire body very well. I truly hate getting out of bed now as this bed is so comfortable. In a word, it is just plain luscious. And it has helped my bad back tremendously. Even my chiropractor can feel the difference. The pricing to me was more than good. I feel that I bought an excellent quality (and very comfortable!) bed for what I consider my bargain of the year.

I have had it now for 7 months and did the every 2 week flipping for the first 5 months. Now I am flipping it on a monthly basis. Pretty typical mattress care. The bed feels just as good now as it did on day 1. And another thing about this mattress is that it is flippable. Alot of manufacturers now a days do not even offer the consumer that option. Most of OMF's beds are 2 sided which double the longevity of it.

A friend of mine was so impressed with my bed that she just recently bought the exact same bed only in a bigger size. She is in love with it and says that this is the start of a beautiful friendship. I feel the same way about mine. If I by chance outlive this bed, I won't think twice about where to go or what bed to get the next time around. I will get the exact same bed as I do now. I do not ever want to sleep on any other bed.

For those of you that like to reserach products prior to purchasing, I would suggest visiting the OMF website and read all of the information that is available. You can spend the better part of 2 hrs if you read everything and watch all of the videos. You'll get a pretty good education on mattress/box spring construction and be more informed when you are looking for your new bed.

I LOVE my OMF bed. As far as I am concerned, you can't go wrong with their products.

Comfort
                    as I have already said, this bed is just this side of Heaven. I can't imagine a more comfortable mattress is made by anyone.

Support
                    has helped my bad back tremendously. This bed is not only extremely comfortable but very supportive all at the same time.

Firmness
                    This bed is not what I would call a firm bed. I would describe it more as a very supportive bed along with being very cushy and plushy.

have had this only 7 months now so I really can't comment reliably on the durability. I can only hope that it will at least make it to that 12yr warranty that came with it if not beyond. With the quality of the inner springs, the construction of it using high quality components, I am certainly not worred about the durability of it at all. My friend's 10yr old OMF Regency beds have held up very well for her.

Damaged Upon Delivery

Comments about Original Mattress Factory (All Mattresses):

Mattress damaged upon delivery. Item was carried over-the-head of the delivery driver to the front door and into the bedroom.. Once placed on the box spring, significant damage was visible at the lower right side of the mattress. A representative will arrive in a couple days to evaluate the damage. I will contact Mastercard to request a refund if a replacement isn't provided by the company representative. I received a reply promptly after contacting the salesperson after delivery today. I am optimistic that the problem will be addressed fairly.