Other Nail Products:
OPI Original Nail Envy Nail Strengthener

OPI Original Nail Envy Nail Strengthener

Pros

Cons

I wanna be soft & thin but don't want my nails to be. OPI helps!

I have weak nails that often break. Just as I get them all one length, one will break and, slowly, they will all end up chipped or broken and I cut them to the quick and start over.

Sally Hansen is the brand I usually look to for nail strengtheners but I decided to go with **OPI Nail Envy Natural Nail** **Strengthener, Soft & Thin** this time.

**My Use**

I have been using this for around a month. I applied the strengthener as directed to my clean, dry nails. The finish is matte and makes for a good base coat. It dries extremely quickly and then I can apply colored polish, clear topcoat, or nothing at all.

I really don't apply the product every other day, more like every few days. Still, I have noticed two things.

One is that my nails are harder. They don't bend and break as often and they seem stronger. They were so weak that they literally would bend when I pressed a button or whatever. Now they don't do that. They still break and things but they have improved.

Another thing I noticed is this nail strengthener is a great base coat. It is like primer for makeup. It primes the nails and gives a smooth, even surface for nail polish to be applied. My polish lasts longer when I am wearing OPI Natural Nail Strengthener. Polish chips less and doesn't fade.

That is an unexpected plus!

**Conclusion**

**OPI Natural Nail Strengthener** is a good nail strengthener that works. It isn't going to make soft nails as hard as steel but it does help to keep nails from bending and breaking.

Secondarily it makes a good base coat and extends the length of nail polish. I now can go about five days without chipping. For me, that is truly a miracle.

I would use this just for the base coat properties even if it didn't harden my nails.

I give this product 5 stars. It does everything it promises and more.

Ages and shows

I got this **OPI Original Nail Envy Nail Strengthener when my sister gave me a bunch of her old nail polish. It works fine but it is yellow now. It does not yellow my nails but it does yellow in the jar. The **OPI Original Nail Envy Nail Strengthener seems to work just as well as it ever did I was just surprised at how it aged. I do not know that I would offer it to anyone since it is so off color now. The **OPI Original Nail Envy Nail Strengthener works great on nails and is a good idea to use even when one is biting nails or has soft nails. It dries fast and extends nail polish wear. It as a great base coat to protect your nails from coloring and a great top coat to protect them for wearing off. It extends nail polish wear which is very nice when you go to all the trouble to paint your nails or pay to get it done. It does run a bit pricey but you get what you pay for and it has lasted me forever so you have to keep that in mind as well.******

I finally have nails again!

from Fort Lauderdale, Fl

About Me Classic

Pros

• Easy To Use
  • Long Lasting

Cons

• not smooth due to fibers

• Every other day

Comments about OPI Original Nail Envy Nail Strengthener:

I used to have strong and long nails. Then like a lot of other women I got artificial nails so I would not have to redo my polish all the time. Big mistake. After I finally took the artificial nails off I could not grow long nails on my own again. I tried every nails strengthener on the market. Nothing seemed to work. Then one day I ordered a OPI nail polish kit from HSN. The Nail Envy came as part of the Kit. I have been using it for about one month and my nails are finally growing out! I put a fresh coat on about every other day to keep them strong, I take off the polish once a week and start fresh. The only problem I have is that it is a little thick going on and is not totally smooth due t the fibers that keep the nails strong. I can over look this as this is what is helping my nails grow out. I just us a color OPI polish over top when I want a look other than natural and then that polish give it the smooth look. I would recommend this to any one trying to grow or their nails. You just need to remember to keep applying more and redo each week or the strength will not be there of course since it is the coat polish that is keeping the nails from chipping or breaking.

Excellent product!

Comments about OPI Original Nail Envy Nail Strengthener:

I decided to finally pick up my own bottle of Nail Envy about a month ago. I have read countless rave reviews of this product and figured it was worth a shot. My nails have always been fairly strong and healthy but, like most women, I do occasionally suffer from breaks and peels.

OPI Nail Envy contains wheat protein and calcium to promote strong healthy nails. The directions say you should see noticeable improvement and growth in about two weeks - but this varies greatly from individual to individual. After about a week of use I noticed my nails seemed stronger and healthier. The surface of my nail was smoother and my nail ridges were less visible. My nails seemed less prone to peeling and chipping. I didn't notice any change in the growth rate of my nails but my nails have always grown fairly quickly.

This product appears milky in the bottle, but it dries clear and can be used as a base coat or as a top coat (though it will not provide a glossy shine on its own). The directions recommend frequent use and reapplication but I honestly only use it as needed, or when I change my nail color.

I would definitely recommend this product to anyone who wants stronger nails. It works wonderfully!

Great for weak or brittle nails!

from Attleboro, MA

Comments about OPI Original Nail Envy Nail Strengthener:

I love this stuff! This nail treatment is great to use on your nails after you have been wearing fake nails, or for using anytime you need extra strength for your nails. My nails have never been able to grow long, even when taking various supplements for the vitamins and minerals that can help. I had fake nails for a long time, but it still has been a few years since I have had them, and my nails still dont grow. They split and crack and peel. Sometimes they break so bad that they split up into the nail bed and bleed, too. I have tried many strengtheners, protein polishes, clear coats and lots of other polish products, but none work nearly as well as this Nail Envy product from OPI. It is great on its own to help heal your nails, or as a strong base coat under polish to help strengthen from underneath. I have not tried it under polish too much, so I cannot speak to whether it helps the color last longer.

great product

from Castro Valley, CA

Comments about OPI Original Nail Envy Nail Strengthener:

when i first bought i was a little skeptical because it was known for being expevsive and i dont really go for products that are known for that but once i tried i loved it was like nothing ive ever tried all the other nail polish products would chip and wouldnt last long this product did what it said it made my nails so much stronger

It works!

from Morehead, KY

Comments about OPI Original Nail Envy Nail Strengthener:

OPI Nail Envy is the best nail strengthener I have ever used. I was never able to grow my nails out because they are so soft. It always seemed like as soon as they started growing out any at all I would bend them straight backwards (very painful) and they would eventually tear. I also had a problem with a couple of my nails peeling apart, meaning the top layer always peeled off. But using this product as directed, two coats on the initial application and another coat each day there after I have grown strong beautiful nails. I also now use this as a base coat before applying a color on my nails. I know it is alittle pricey for nail care but it is definetly worth the money. And it comes in the pro wide brush so you need fewer strokes and it is much easier to cover your nail without mess ups. It is hard to find but I order mine online for a better deal! Great product!

OPI rocks!

Comments about OPI Original Nail Envy Nail Strengthener:

I've been using this product for about 2 months and it's great! Of course I love all the nail polishes so I thought I'd try this & it really works. My nails are thin & flimsy & tend to crack on the edges/sides & this product really DID help w/those issues. I love OPI!

Works and lasts forever!

from Bozeman, MT

Comments about OPI Original Nail Envy Nail Strengthener:

I bought a bottle of OPI nail envy nail strenthener when I started college, approximately 9 years ago. Well, I found my bottle again and began using it. It works just like the day I bought it!

I use just the original formula and it is just spectacular. I always feel like I have acrylic nails on when I wear it because my nails feel so thick, shiny and STRONG! Usually my nails are so weak and thin that I can bend them backwards towards my finger and they don't break. However, when I use Nail Envy, they are strong and beautiful. I am always amazed at how fast my nails grow out when I wear it. My nails hardly ever chip, break, or anything if I continually keep nail envy on them. But once I stop using it or forget to reapply after a couple of days... BAM broken nail. I do love this stuff because it gives me the nails I can't have naturally. Well worth the price!

Great for damaged nails.

from Payne, OH

Comments about OPI Original Nail Envy Nail Strengthener:

I recently removed my acrylic nails. Of course my natural nails were extremely weak and thin due to the damage I allowed. I needed something to help strengthen them. I bought OPI Original Nail Envy Nail Strengthener. I works great for damaged nails!! It definately has strengthened my nails. They are still thin, but are much better than if I had nothing on them. I will continue to use OPI Original Nail Envy Nail Strengthener even after my nails have grown out and all of the damaged nails are grown out. I would recommend not gettig acrylic nails to begin with, but if you do OPI Original Nail Envy Nail Strengthener will greatly help repair and strengthen your nails if you do. In conclusion, I'm glad I found OPI Original Nail Envy Nail Strengthener when I did.

OPI nail strengthener is a life saver.

from Plano, TX

Comments about OPI Original Nail Envy Nail Strengthener:

I am a college student and so I don't always have time to do my nails. But I will agree on one thing for sure, I can not stand having flaky, thin nails that are prone to breakage. Even if I don't have my nails painted, they at least have to be healthy! OPI nail strengthener not only strengthens my nails but also makes them look polished because it does double duty and leaves a shiny top coat :)

Take Those Nails From Weak to Strong

from Ashland, KY

Comments about OPI Original Nail Envy Nail Strengthener:

When the craziness of my life was taking its toll on my nails and I wanted something to help when I could not make it in for a manicure, my manicurist turned me towards OPI Original Nail Envy Nail Strengthener. At first, I had a little trouble finding somewhere where I could buy it as at the time I wasn't so up on the internet and buying online, as her shop was out. When I finally found somewhere to get it here, based on her description, I had really high hopes but was still cautious and OPI Original Nail Envy Nail Strengthener did not let me down. If anything, the product not only met any expectations as well as my high hopes, but exceeded them. Constantly having to wash my hands and not always being able to use a good moisturizer when I had to wear gloves and use particularly drying soaps to work in an enviromentals lab, after a while, was destroying my nails. I was afraid nothing was going to help. I cautiously got my then constantly ripping, peeling, and breaking clipped, shapped, and smoothed out, and then applied two then coats of OPI Original Nail Envy, and then another thin coat I believe every other day. That first week, my nails did not break once and I have been a fan ever since. Whenever I run out or can't apply OPI Original Nail Envy Nail Strengthener to my nails at least once a week, my nails eventually start to break again, but once I get back on the routine they stop being such an issue. This product has never failed me and even though it's been nine years since I had that harsh job that was killing my nails, I am still using that wonderful OPI Original Nail Envy Nail Strengthener.