Other Misc. Kitchen Appliances:
Nesco
Nesco American Harvest FD-37 400 Watt Four Tray Dehydrator

Nesco American Harvest FD-37 400 Watt Four Tray Dehydrator

Does what it advertises, but not as even as I thought

Comments about Nesco American Harvest FD-37 400 Watt Four Tray Dehydrator:

While the american harvest dehydrator is great at dehydrating peppers, veggies, fruits, and jerky; one thing that consistently bothered me was the uneven drying rates at different racks. It seems that the racks on the very bottom and the rack on the very top do not dry evenly. This is my only complaint.

Nesco Dehydrator Meets My Expectations

from Springboro, OH

Comments about Nesco American Harvest FD-37 400 Watt Four Tray Dehydrator:

I purchased the Nesco Dehydrator to dry herbs from my garden and to make fruit chips and dried fruit strips for my children. The Nesco Dehydrator is very easy to use and comes with a helpful manual that includes recipes. Although it has four trays, there is limited to space, but it is big enough for my purposes. I can set the Nesco Dehydrator and walk away and forget it until my fruit or herbs are complete. The dehydrator will definitely save me money on herbs and spices and dehydrated herbs have so much more flavor and taste better than store bought. My children love the fruit chips and strips and its an easy way to get them to eat healthy.

great started dehydrator

Comments about Nesco American Harvest FD-37 400 Watt Four Tray Dehydrator:

Perfect for some just starting out. So far I've successfully made fruit chips from apples and bananas. There are lots of recipes online, so don't waste your money on the book. The manufacturer's website sells all kinds of accessories like extra trays and the inserts to make fruit leather.
It says its dishwasher safe, but I prefer to hand wash. Very easy to clean.
There are no temperature controls, so you have to set a tinker or routinely check as to not over dry the food.
I will probably upgrade to a bigger one next year because I use mine so frequently. However, its great for someone just starting. Its much cheaper than the larger and more professional models and it works just as good.

A food dehdrator that woks nicely and priced great!

Comments about Nesco American Harvest FD-37 400 Watt Four Tray Dehydrator:

This product was very easy to set up and use. The only downfalls of it is that it is pretty noisy and that you can not change the temperature. There is just an on or off switch. It was pretty accurate on the times of how long it should be. We so far made beef jerky and fruit leather and both were really good! I think that for the price it was a great machine based on how much the average person would probably use it. Ours is already packed up and put away in the box probably to be forgotten! It was super easy to clean. I just hand washed it as I was a little worried about putting it into the dishwasher. All my kids so far have enjoyed what I have made from it!

Dries fruit and makes fruit roll ups in less than 24 hours.

from Rochester, MI

Comments about Nesco American Harvest FD-37 400 Watt Four Tray Dehydrator:

I love my food dehydrator and so glad that my first one is this Nesco American Harvest food dehydrator! With four trays I can dry a variety of food at one time. I have dried Bananas, apples, kiwi, mango, blueberries, cherries, strawberries, grapes, and fruit roll ups with success. My children love the freshly dried fruit straight out of the dehydrator and I love that they are eating fruit rather than store bought fruit snacks. It does not have a temperature setting so everything dries on the same temperature. I just have to keep checking to make sure that I don't overdry it(Although I have found that I have overdried some fruit rolls and make fruit "chips" that were crunchy and just as enjoyable.) **Side note: Mine did not come with fruit rolls trays I had to buy the insert separately.