Other Allergy & Sinus Medicines:

NeilMed Sinus Rinse Regular Kit

Pros

Cons

• Immediacy:

The only thing that provides relief of my sinus trouble

I have had chronic sinus problems pretty much all my life. Aside from the congestion and pain, my sinus problems have resulted in chronic bad breath, which is very embarassing and humiliating. No matter how intense my oral hygeine routinewas,I'd still have bad breath...even minutes after brushing my teeth. I went to several dentists and oral hygeinists, and was always told that my teeth and gums were in excellent shape, and that my breath problem was related to sinus trouble, not dental hygeine. I went to an ENT and had a whole serious of tests, which came up blank for anything truly dangerous. The ENT said that, yes, my sinus trouble was resulting in bad breath, but the best he could do was advise me to use mouthwash. My morning routine became: brush, floss, scrape tongue, rinse with Lysterine. Still the bad breath was there.

When soemone told me about Neil Med Sinus Rinse, I got scared. I mean, who wants to spray water into their nose? All I could think of was the horrible feeling of accidentally inhaling water from a swimming pool. It was explained to me that the sting was caused by pool water having different PH levels than the mucus membranes of the nose. The Neil med system resolves this by providing saline packets, which match the PH levels of the nose. This sounds sort of gross, and somewhat complicated, but the short story is: this product really helps a lot, it doesn't hurt, if used propoerly, and actually feels pretty good. It's the only thing that's helped relieve my breath problem, which means a lot to me. Who wants to go around with bad breath?

NielMed Sinus Rinse can cause severe irreversable ear damage

NielMed Sinus Rinse is a dangerous product even when you follow the instructions to the letter. The "positive" pressure can put water in your ear for months. The water can ruin your inner ear. If the product doesn't feel natural, its because its not. It is very dangerous. It ruined my left ear. I have seen multiple specialists and none can fix it. NielMed refuses to make contact with me. Email me: *realestategrant@yahoo.com* if you want information or would like to join in a class action.

Not Good

from Eatonville WA

Comments about NeilMed Sinus Rinse Regular Kit:

I recently had ear tubes and nasal surgery because of my problem with breathing and hearing and my doctor told me I had to take this for a few months. It was super uncomfortable and came out not only my nose but my mouth and because I had ear tubes so ears too. I gives you a great headache and water in your ears for an entire day at least for me it did. I think this product sucks and should not be used, and whenever I use it it only works for 10 minutes. You will lose more than you will gain by using this product.

Works well

Comments about NeilMed Sinus Rinse Regular Kit:

I got the NeilMed Sinus Rinse Regular Kit on the advice of my father. I have chronic sinusitis and get frequent sinus infections, especially whenever I have congestion. Anytime I get stuffed up from a cold or allergies, it will quickly become infected.

My father recommended this nasal rinse to me. At first I was pretty skeptical, but it turned out to be a great purchase. It goes a long way in cleaning out my sinuses, especially when I am congested due to a cold or allergies. It helps prevent a sinus infection when I use it every morning and night while sick and with congestion.

This nasal rinse works extremely well. The only downside to it is that if you do it right before going to bed, a bit of the saline water stays up in your nose and drips down your esophagus. Too much use will dry out your nostrils and make them bleed a bit.

It takes a while to figure out how to use the nasal rinse. The first several times, I did not use enough salt (causing it to feel like I had gotten water up my nose like while swimming or choking on a glass of water) or used too much salt (making my nostrils feel like they were burning).

Immediacy
This nasal rinse works very well extremely quickly. Within minutes after use, my sinuses are almost entirely clear. I

• Immediacy:

Great for sinus infections!

from Ann Arbor MI

Comments about NeilMed Sinus Rinse Regular Kit:

I was having problems with a stuffy nose for over a year before I went to the doctor. It was allergies, and since I live in the midwest the pollen and pine was always there. I've gone through various medications - both prescription and over the counter - and none of them have worked. This NeilMed Sinus Rinse Kit is the only thing that gives me immediate relief. Whether it's allergies or a cold, this will clear your stuffy nose within seconds. This works amazingly for both me and my sister, and it lasts quite a while. It's a cheaper kit and for the price, it's definitely worth it. It works really well and it's great for just about anything that involves a stuffy nose.

This is the most effective thing I've used for a stuffy nose, though the effects don't last that long.

Immediacy
It works right away, that's for sure, but it doesn't last for very long - you have to use it multiple times a day. It is a good kit, though, and it clears your stuffy nose within seconds after using it.

A Must Have!

from Spencerport, NY

Comments about NeilMed Sinus Rinse Regular Kit:

I first started using this a few years ago when I was visiting my boyfriend out of town. As soon as I stepped off the airplane I got a full blown sinus infection and was upset that my 2week stay would be spent with headaches and a stuff nose and cough. My boyfriend's mother said I should give one of these sinus rinses a try. To be honest I thought it sounded stupid but I did not want to be rude so i gave it a try. It actually worked great! It flushed so much of the "gunk" out of my sinuses and allowed me to breath. I kept doing it for the duration of my stay and after a few days my symptoms were very mild. Now as soon as I get the slightest bit stuffed up I do one of these to help prevent a sinus infection. I used to get about 6-8 sinus infections a year and they would last a few weeks. Now I usually get 1 and my symptoms go away after a couple of days. I would recommend this to anyone with any sinus problems. It is super simple as well as effective.

The first time you use this it will seem weird! Once you get past the idea that you are "putting water up your nose" it is not bad at all. I have never had a problem using this and it is so satisfying to see all the gross stuff come out of your nose!

• Immediacy:

Actually Irritated My Sinuses Even More!

from Hartford, CT

Comments about NeilMed Sinus Rinse Regular Kit:

I've tried various incarnations of the Neti Pot over the years to help relieve my seasonal allergies with very little success. The NeilMed Sinus Rinse Regular Kit was the latest failed attempt.

Unlike the pots this model has a squeeze bottle which is supposed to deliver the solution to exactly the right spot. Well, when I followed the instructions the solution did not only not drain out the other nostril, declogging my nose in the process, but actually drained down my throat! It actually seemed to make things worse and irritated my already inflamed nasal cavity.

The solution seemed to get stuck in my nasal cavity and drained out slowly for the remainder of the evening. It was not ideal since I had to sleep propped up.

While others have had great success with this it was just not for me. I was not impressed with the performance and certainly would not recommend it to anyone.

• Immediacy:

Works well, but it is not pleasant.

from Elko, Nevada

Comments about NeilMed Sinus Rinse Regular Kit:

This really does work really well if you are having a bad allergy spell, it clears it up really fast and makes it to where the congestion is gone and that you can breath again and go on with your life without feeling horrible. The downside to this product though, is actually having to use it on yourself. I am not one for the nasal sprays or the neti pots that you use to clear yourself out. I think they are hard to use and are not anything that I enjoy doing. Having to put this up your nose to clear it out is not fun or pleasant, it is pretty gross and what you will see come out is also very nasty. I would not recommend something like this for some younger children because they will not have fun with it and neither will you. I tried to use it on my 13 year old who was having a horrible time with his allergies and it made such a mess and he felt so sick after using it. I use this when my allergies or congestion are so bad that i can not stand it anymore, but it is not something that I would use on a regular basis.

cleans and moisturizes

from King, NC

Comments about NeilMed Sinus Rinse Regular Kit:

The Nedimed Pot is the best thing for your sinus'. For those that don't want to take medications by mouth this is for you. It will clean your sinus cavities and help moisturize the dryness. It's also very easy to use. I didn't think I would like it at first but I loved it and still do.

• Immediacy:

Works really well to rinse my sinuses

from Wesley Chapel, FL

Comments about NeilMed Sinus Rinse Regular Kit:

I was worried about using this product since I tend to gag when I get water up my nose. My doctor told me about this when I was telling him all about my seasonal allergies. He recommended this since it really rinses out the pollen from my sinuses.
This was a little uncomfortable to use the first time, but was much easier once I was used to it. I simply put the packet provided along with warm tap water and mix it together until the packet dissolved. I put it into one nostril and tilt my head into the sink until the water drains from the other side. It really helps to unclog my sinuses and I am able to blow my nose and have relief.
When my allergies are really bad, I use this multiple times a day and it really helps. I would highly recommend trying this product if you suffer from seasonal allergies and looking for fast relief.

This is not the easiest product to use, but once you have used it a few times, it is much easier.

Immediacy
This product gives immediate relief.

Hate it.

Comments about NeilMed Sinus Rinse Regular Kit:

I absolutely hated this sinus rinse. I was apprehensive about using it to begin with, as I had never done any sort of nasal rinse before. I have pretty horrible allergies, so the NetiPot was suggested to me by my allergist, and this is what I got at the store (not actually the same as the NetiPot).
This is fairly simple to use - take clean (filtered), warmish water and mix in a packet of saline solution that comes with the bottle. Then you "gently" squirt the solution up into your nasal passages and let it flush everything out.
While the set-up is easy, application is terrible. I felt as though I was drowning every time I used this. Even if you are using a gentle amount of pressure, it shoots water up into your nose and comes out of both nostrils, and your mouth (yum). Additionally, I didn't really feel as though it did anything to help my allergies. I've put this away and don't plan on using it again.

Easy to set up (mix solution+water), but very difficult to use once you're ready to go. I felt as though I was drowning.

Immediacy
I didn't really see any results from this.

• Immediacy:

Flush Out Sinus Before It Stops You!!!!

Comments about NeilMed Sinus Rinse Regular Kit:

I rank this relief remedy way up there because it really works time after time.

Whenever I know my sinuses need flushing out I reach for my saline spray rinse and begin treatment immediately. My nose usually gets clogged right before spring season begins. My head will hurt, my eyes will tear up and my nose will drip. By then, I run out of Kleenex. Saline powder at hand, I add water to the saline bottle, pop it in the microwave for a minute (until it's warm, not hot), tilt my head over the sink and start my cleansing. My nostrils immediately start to open and the difference in my breathing is remarkable. This is the only treatment I recommend for immediate effectiveness.

If you are not able to tilt your head sideways and squirt a solution up one nostril then allowing the solution to go inside and outside the other for about five minutes I would not recommend this treatment, especially if you are prone to choking. On the other hand, if anyone has ever used a saline spray rinse (similar to a netti-pot) and didn't choke when applying the spray to one nostril and allowing the spray to enter inside and outside the other, then using this type of relief is for you. Once you get the hang of tilting your head sideways, it will be a breeze for you to use.

Immediacy
When you are clogged up it is a miserable feeling and when sleeping becomes an issue, it gets scary. If you are like me and do not like taking drugs, using alternative methods is the next best thing I rely on to help with my sinus issues. Using saline spray rinses has been my alternative methods for several years. I achieve immediate results once I do my first rinse and if one isn't enough I don't fear my health is in jeopardy of developing those awful side effects caused by other medications.