Other Allergy & Sinus Medicines:

NeilMed Sinus Rinse Premixed Packets

Pros

Cons

• Immediacy:

Forget all the rest, NeilMed Sinus Rinse Packets are the best!

My husband suffers from allergies all year round. He finally discovered NeilMed Sinus Rinse and it proved to work wonders in relieving many of the symptoms caused by his allergies. He rinses his nasal passages with his NeilMed plastic bottle filled with water and a **NeilMed Sinus Rinse Regular Refill Packet** and it makes him able to breathe so much more easily. It rinses out pollen, dust, dirt, and all of that other stuff that stuffs him up.

As is true with most people these days, our family does what it can to save money when we have the opportunity. We use more store brand products these days than we did in the past, and have actually found that many store brand products such as Equate from Wal-Mart are actually made of the same exact ingredients as certain name brand products.

I have learned to check the label before buying a name brand product when there is a store brand sitting beside it and many times it pays off. That IS NOT the case with other pre-mixed packets that are used for saline irrigation systems such as NeilMed. If there is a store brand that contains the same ingredients and works as well as NeilMed Sinus Rinse Regular Refill Packets--my husband has yet to find it. He tried about 3 other brands and he is positively convinced that NeilMed Refill Packets are one of a kind and well worth the little extra that they cost compared to other brands.

According to NeilMed, their Refill Packets mixed with water are different from other saline rinses. They say:

*"A Volume Therapeutic Saline Nasal Irrigation & Moisturizing System...not an ordinary saline moisturizer spray. For Soothing Saline Nasal Rinse. Preservative Free. PH balanced mixture. Physician Developed."*

**Advantages:**

- *Preservative, Iodine & Latex Free*

- *A Volume Therapeutic Saline Lavage*

- *Soothing, Moisturizing, Non-Burning*

- *Premixed Packets of USP Grade Sodium Chloride & Sodium Bicarbonate (Natural Ingredients)*

- *PH Balanced & Isotonic Solution*

- *Great to use after sinus surgery*

- *Safe during pregnancy*

- *Money back guarantee*

**Helps Alleviate:**

- *Sinus symptoms*

- *Nasal Allergies & Common Cold*

- *Nasal Irritation from Occupational dust, fumes, animal dander, grass, pollen, smoke, smog & house dust*

- *Post Nasal Drip, Congestion & Dryness*

Other rinses sometimes burn, sting, and generally irritate my husband's nasal passages. NeilMed does not. It also helps his nasal passages feel moisturized instead of dry.

These packets come pre-mixed and sealed, so they are sterile, easy and fast to use. Fill your NeilMed Sinus Rinse bottle, (or your Net-Pot), to the printed line with water, add one NeilMed Sinus Rinse Regular Refill Packet, shake it a little to mix it, and rinse your nasal passages. You will be so amazed at what rinses out and you will think, "Well, no wonder I couldn't breathe out of my nose and I felt so awful!."

Similar pre-mixed packets or homemade concoctions do not work as well as NeilMed and they will probably disappoint you. My husband has already experimented for you and he swears by NeilMed Refill Packets. You may think you're saving money by buying a cheaper brand, but you will end up being disappointed and will go back for NeilMed, so you may as well just buy it and use it as directed. There simply is no substitute for NeilMed Sinus Rinse Regular Refill Packets to use with your NeilMed Sinus Rinse Bottle.

This product works very well. It's gentle on your nasal passages while it rinses away the allergens that make you so congested and so miserable. It also moistens your nasal passages, which is a big relief for my husband when the weather is cold.

As far as my household is concerned, this nasal rinse formula is the best one on the market. When one of us uses it, we take much less OTC allergy medication because we can breath again and we are no longer have so much stuffiness or such bad sinus headaches. This is a wonderful product!

Mixing the water and the saline packets couldn't be more simple. The water level line is printed on the plastic bottle and you ust pour in the saline mix and make sure it's mixed well.

Using the bottle to rinse your nasal passages is very easy too, but it may take a couple of uses to get used to doing it. Don't fret, though...you'll become a pro after only a few ties and you'll be so glad and feel so much better.

Immediacy
Unlike pills or gelcaps or liquid meds, this rinse works immediately. It cleans out those nasal passages and you get instant relief from congestion!

For some people this works really well

For some people this product works really well, for me it doesn't. I still recommend it to others however I do let everyone know the problems I had with the neti-pot and by association the premixed packets. Once I got over my concerns that I felt like I was drowning, boy is that a creepy feeling, I was able to get this to clean out my sinuses. Yes, you do need to make sure the water is warm, as in make it a tad bit hot so that it cools to a warm temperature when you are finally ready to use it. I was excited to see how cleaned out I was, gross but wow did it feel good. Then disaster struck. My ears, oh my gosh the pain was excruciating! I appear to be in the minority and am one of the few that may experience discomfort. It is not a feeling I care to repeat so I gave away my packets. I ask people if they have problems with water in their ears when they are swimming or showering and tell them that if they do that this product might be an issue for them. If they don't have ear pain then they should definitely give it a try.

Best premixed sinus rinsing packets.

from Stroudsburg, PA

Comments about NeilMed Sinus Rinse Premixed Packets:

The NeilMed Sinus Rinse Premixed packets are meant to use with your NetiPot or other sinus irrigation/rinsing systems. I like the NeilMed because they are a brand I know I can trust.

The NeilMed Sinus Rinse Premixed packets are supposed to help relieve nasal allergies, sinus pressure & nasal congestion, post nasal drip, flu & cold symptoms that effect your nasal passages, irritation from smoke/animals/pollen/dust/etc, and much more.

I used to get a few sinus infections every year but since I've been using these premixed packets with my Neti Pot I don't get sinus infections at all anymore. It soothed and moisturized my nasal passages while completely clearing them up all that sinus pressure, mucus, and congestion. I found that if I went out somewhere and someone was smoking, when I came home and rinsed my nose out it wasn't irritated and I didn't feel like sneezing anymore. When you use these with your neti pot you can see all the mucus and congestion dripping out of your nose, and when you blow your nose at the end that seals the deal and gets rid of everything. I can't tell you how relieve and great I feel after using these sinus rinse packets.

It comes with 100 premixed packets, so you can Neti until your hearts content. I would recommend to pick up these packets and a Neti Pot if you haven't already. This is amazing for people who suffer from allergies and sinus infections.

They are truly effective. They are a great saline premixed packet that gets rid of all the congestion and mucus stuck in my nasal passages without irritating my nose and throat. I really like these NeilMed packets because I find they have the perfect amount of saline solution in them.

The NeilMed Sinus Rinse Packets are easy to use with your Neti Pot, because they are already premixed. All you have to do it add the water in your Neti Pot shake it up, and that's it. Then you can get on with your sinus rinsing.

Immediacy
You can feel the results of sinus rinsing with the NeilMad packets instantly. You can just see all the excess mucus dripping out of your nose as you are rinsing out your nasal passages. It's gross but it's unbelievable how much mucus can really be stuck in your system. Even more mucus comes out when you blow your nose.

• Immediacy:

Great for immediate relief of sinus congestion

Comments about NeilMed Sinus Rinse Premixed Packets:

NeilMed Sinus Rinse Premixed Packets are extremely effective when it comes to relieving sinus congestion. I experience significant sinus congestion in the spring. My allergies really flare up and it is difficult to breathe. I love these packets because they're so easy to use. I open up a packet, empty the contents into my NeilMed Neti Pot, fill my Neti pot with warm water, mix the water and the contents of the premixed packet, and then use my Neti Pot to flush my sinus passages. I experience immediate relief as I am using the premixed packets. This product is very effective at flushing out my clogged sinus passages and I am able to breathe again. It definitely takes some practice flushing out your sinuses but it is a very effective way to help manage allergy symptoms. I highly recommend this product if you struggle with seasonal allergies. It is convenient and easy to use!

It takes some practice to use these packets with your Neti Pot.

• Immediacy:

Works great with my NetiPot.

from West Virginia

Comments about NeilMed Sinus Rinse Premixed Packets:

I love these little packets. They eliminate my need to measure out how much solution I should add to my sinus rinse. A lot of rinses come in bulk and you have to use a scoop to decide how much to put in.

These are handy because they come in bulk but they're in individual packets. You can use one or two packets in your neti pot and then rinse your sinuses. They're gentle enough to use several times a day and they don't contain any harsh ingredients or medication so you can use them without worrying you're going to get addicted or use too much.

The solution doesn't have a taste or smell and if you're suffering a flu or cold or any type of sinus issues, this stuff really brings the excess gunk out of your sinuses. I feel like it even helps what's in my chest because I can breathe better overall after using it.

It really helps open up my nose and even the back of my throat after a rinse. It pulls out all the funk and it leaves me feeling more hydrated.

It was a little scary at first using but once I got past the first use, it was easy. The neti pot that these go with has you breathe while you rinse your sinuses so I was worried about drowning but it turned out to be safe and effective.

Immediacy
It's immediate. You'll want to have a tissue handy.

• Immediacy:

Completely sold on this product after the FIRST use!

from lakeland, florida

Comments about NeilMed Sinus Rinse Premixed Packets:

My entire family suffers from terrible allergies and they are especially horrible during the allergy season. The NeilMed Sinus Rinse Premixed Packets were a true lifesaver in my household. I got the bottle and one packet as a sample and I was the first one to try it. I suffer from a majorly stuffy nose, especially at night. This nasal rinse was wonderful because it completely got rid of all the junk that had built up in my nasal passages over time. I was able to breathe much easier that night. I use it about three times a week especially during the bad allergy seasons. I have to be honest. I was leery about this product because I had never used a nasal rinse before and I was weird about putting all that liquid up my nose. However, I am really glad I was able to use this product. I ended up going out and purchasing more of the packets for the rest of my family. This product also helped them a lot as well. I would definitely recommend this product to anyone with allergy or stuffy nose problems. It REALLY helps better than so many other products on the market that I have tried.

NeilMed Sinus Rinse Works Wonders

Comments about NeilMed Sinus Rinse Premixed Packets:

I was recently introduced to the NeilMed Sinus Rinse by my primary doctor as a supplement to the medication she prescribed for a severe sinus infection. I was using a sinus spray and was told to discontinue using it. I had never heard of a sinus rinse before, so had no idea of what to expect. I followed the directions given by my doctor (the same as on the enclosed brochure). Yes, the process was a little uncomfortable the first time I used it, but I was amazed at how well it helped to break up all the congestion, etc. in my sinuses. I immediately noticed less sinus pressure and was able to breathe somewhat easier. After using up the 2 dose package, I purchased the box of 100 premixed packages to have on hand for use anytime I start to feel like I'm getting congested due to a cold or allergies. I've used this product several times since first being introduced to it, and will continue to use it when needed. No more sinus sprays for me! I would definitely recommend the NeilMed Sinus Rinse to anyone that suffers from allergies or head congestion.

This works really well.

from Ellenboro, NC

Comments about NeilMed Sinus Rinse Premixed Packets:

I ordered a Neil Med for relief of sinus congestion. I used bottled spring water to mix with the packet. It was a little scary as I was afraid of getting chocked. I followed the directions and my nose and sinus areas were clear. I have found that the Neil Med will work on tough sinus congestion such as a cold. I now have a Neil Med for every member of my family.I personally would not want to share these.

Worked really well. Keeps you clear and breathing.

Easy to use. A little scary at first but after the first time you are a pro.

Very quick.

Sinus Rinse Helps

from Denham Springs, LA

Comments about NeilMed Sinus Rinse Premixed Packets:

When I first thought about trying a sinus rinse I was desperate. My sinus issues were out of hand. I was so nervous about using a Neti Pot. My doctor recommended a Neti Pot to help keep the nasal passage ways clean and moist. I purchased NeilMed sinus rinse packets to put in the neti pot with warm water. The NeilMed sinus packet powder mixes very well. There was no clumping or extreme odor. Once you put it in the neti pot it dissolves quickly into the warm water. I rinsed and immediatly felt relief from my severe sinus congestion. There was no residue left in the pot after a simple rinse. My allergies are at their worst during the winter and spring, so I use the neti pot along with the Neilmedi packets every day to help prevent congestion. If I am already in a full blown sinus infection the Neilmedi packets help with my other sinus medications to start feeling better faster. The packets are also very moisture proof. They got wet under my bathroom sink from a leak. When I pulled the packets out and wiped them off they were all still dry.

Neil Med Sinus Rinse Going Back To The Basics

Comments about NeilMed Sinus Rinse Premixed Packets:

Neil Med Sinus Rinse is wonderful! I personally use the bottle as opposed to the Neti Pot. I have found it very useful for a number of conditions; when I've had a sinus infection, a cold, allergy season, and after working outside in the garden to long. I must say though the first time I used it I was thoroughly disgusted! I had a horrible sinus infection and I could not get my sinus passage cleared. My aunt told me get NeilMed Sinus Rinse! I did and after using it I could breathe through my nose, my ears came unplugged, it relieved all of that pressure in my face! Since then I've always kept packets of the NeilMed on hand so when my allergies flare up or I've been out working in the dirt and dust, I'm prepared. The best thing about it is, it is a natural solution that really works! The only thing you have to watch out for is not to over use it or you will dry your sinuses and nasal passage out. Just make sure to follow the directions. I have found however that since having this I do not use my nose spray even half as often. Because NeilMed solves the problem it doesn't just mask it!

Very effective!

Very easy, a little disgusting but easy.

Immediacy
As soon as your done with the bottle of solution your sinus passage is cleared! Very simple one packet all natural clears you right up!

• Immediacy:

Effective and simple sinus rinse solution.

Comments about NeilMed Sinus Rinse Premixed Packets:

These packets are great because it is really a pain to mix up the proper amounts of do-it-yourself sinus rinse solution. They are simple to use and do a good job of clearing out the sinuses and allowing for easy breathing.

These packets provide a sinus rinse solution that works amazingly well at clearing out the sinuses and easing the symptoms of allergies.

These are so much easier to use than trying to make up a solution yourself. They have the proper proportions of ingredients so that they don't cause the sinuses to burn (which can happen if you get the proportions wrong in a do-it-yourself version).

Immediacy
Since these packets have to be dissolved in distilled or boiled and then cooled water, it can take a bit of time before the solution is ready to use. However, it is still faster than if you were trying to make your own version. Once it is ready to use, the saline solution effectively clears the nostrils and improves ease of breathing instantly.

• Immediacy:

Great for stuffy noses and mild sinus problems

Comments about NeilMed Sinus Rinse Premixed Packets:

I have been using NeilMed products for several years and would highly recommend them. I am a year round allergy sufferer with pretty severe allergies and symptoms.

Using this when first feeling allergies acting up or a cold coming on that causes sinus problems, it will work great! The solution in these packets help dissolve mucus in the nasal cavity. With only a few ingredients, this product is safe for any age and even safe for those allergic to Iodine, as this product does not contain Iodine.
For severe nasal blockages, this product does not work well. It will help eliminate mucus but will not fight through a total nasal blockage. It's best to use when symptoms first appear.

I use the Netipot from this product line and add the solution to it. It is simple and quick to mix and just as easy to use. Put product in warm water, mix and use.

Immediacy
The second this solution hits your nasal cavity, it breaks up mucus and releases it. It works immediately but also continues to work for several minutes (even hours for some I have talked to) to break up left over build up.