3.9
Other Nail Products:
NYC / New York Color
NYC  New York Color In a New York Color Minute Quick Dry Nail Polish - All Shades

NYC / New York ColorNYC New York Color In a New York Color Minute Quick Dry Nail Polish - All Shades

3.9

Pros

Cons

Long Lasting Nail Polish

I love this nail polish! I get the brightest red I can find to use on my toenails, so they stand out in my sandals or peep toe shoes. During the winter my pedicures last for several months, mostly because they don't chip because I'm always wearing close-toed shoes. So when I do need to wear open-toed shoes in the winter, I need to paint my toes really quickly, and this nail polish dries really quickly, so I don't have to wait for it to dry when I'm getting ready to leave. Plus, you can't even tell that I've painted it at two different times. It come on really smooth, and it does not look streaky. There is a wide array of colors, so I have several different colors of the New York Color In a New York Color Minute Quick Dry Nail Polish. I've bought the not quick dry before, thinking it wouldn't actually make a difference, and I could save some money, but I noticed a huge difference between the Quick Dry and regular. I would advise investing in the Quick Dry for the colors you use the most, but if you are trying to save money, than buy the fun, special colors in the regular, non-quick dry form of the New York Color nail polishes.

fast drying, good price

New York Color In a New York Minute Quick Dry Nail Polish is part of the N.Y.C. line of cosmetics that have been around for a while and have a good budget price point. But how are they for the money? I decided to find out, I was lured by a sale going on at a chain drug store. Not too much to lose if I didn't like the product. The selection at this particular store wasn't huge. They did have some current popular shades. Home I went with my new polish and eagerly sat down to try it out. Application went fine. The shape of the container was o.k., some nail polish users are particular about this.  The brush was sufficiently sized. The polish went on relatively smoothly, no bubbles.  Consistency was fair. My only complaint at this point was that I saw quickly that I would need more than one coat, which isn't unusual. It took three coats to get good opaque coverage. I would have preferred two coats as it's quicker and uses less product, but three was necessary. Perhaps with different shades two coats would be sufficient?  The polish dried quickly. I followed up with Seche Vite as a top coat. I wound up changing polishes after only two days so I can't really write about the durability.

Fast Drying

from TN

Comments about NYC / New York Color NYC New York Color In a New York Color Minute Quick Dry Nail Polish - All Shades:

NYC minute quick dry nail color really lives up to its name, this nail color dries in no time. NYC nail polish line has a beautiful and unique selection of colors to choose from at a very affordable price, I bought mine for a couple of bucks. This nail polish also stays on pretty long, so you won't have to worry about doing touch-ups every time you turn around.

make your nails youthful

After buying nyc pink nail polish I tried them on my toe nails and they were one of the most pretty colors I've seen. My nails looks so great with the nyc pink nail polish. So easy to take off as well unlike some other brands in which you have to keep trying to wipe the polish off. Nyc pink nail polish comes right off. This is a great buy and you won't be disappointed at all.

This nail polish isn't too great

This nail polish chips off so easily. Not only that but you have to paint more than a few coats just to get an acceptable color. The only positive thing that I have to say about it is that the brush is of quality and provides for easy, even application. It's sort of runny and the odor is unbearable. There aren't many color selections and when you do find a color that you like, it never looks like that on your nails. After you paint your nails, and its supposed to be shiny, it requires several top coats because it dries matte. This nail polish is cheap but isn't even worth anything. It's a waste. A bottle doesn't even last that long because you have to apply so many coats and fixed chipped nails so often. I wouldn't recommend this nail polish to anyone. Sometimes it stains your nails or turns them yellow because it is of such poor quality. Splurge a little and buy a nail polish that would actually be worth your money.

Skip It, use Wet and Wilds fast drying long wear instead

This is one of the cheaper brands so I guess I shouldn't of expected a lot, but honestly I'm a bargain hunter at heart and had hoped that NYC or Wet and Wild brand nail polishes would work. I've tried both of their "fast drying" polishes. Wet and Wild totally beats out NYCs brand. From the brush which is actually nicer than a lot of the more expensive nail polish brands, and goes on smooth and even without being gloppy.. To the amount of time it stays on. Neither one of them lasts as long as anyone would expect a self labeled "long wearing" polish to last. NYCs brushes suck, though the colors are pretty, they chip and fade very quickly. My advice would be use Wet and Wild with a more expensive top coat from a good brand like Maybelline, Sallie Hanson, or Essie,. NYC isn't worth it, in spite of being cheap and having pretty colors, your nails will only look good a couple of days (if that). So I'd definitely skip this one.

Love It

from buffalo,ny

I love this nail polish. It doesn't chip quickly and dries extremely quickly. Many other brands I have tried do not dry as fast as this one. I really like that I do not have to wait around and risk messing up the polish. They have a variety of colors as well and are always keeping up with the current seasonal colors. I would definitely recommend this nail polish for anyone that wants the latest colors, doesn't like waiting around, and is looking for a bargain. This nail polish is sold at a very reasonable price but gives the same great quality as high end brands of nail polish. The bottle is also a good size. It is not a tiny bottle of nail polish that may feel like you are over paying for. I can keep this color on for about 2 weeks and I am constantly washing my hands and working around the house and school. It is nice not to have to worry about overly chipped nails in the middle of the week. It is an easy way to get the professional look at home.

Great job NYC!

from Hobbsville, NC

This is my favorite quick drying nail polish! Amazing selection in color and a lot cheaper than other "fast drying" nail polishes. There are usually coupons in AllYou magazine so you can save evn more money that way. I love this polish because it has been the the only nail polish that I have been able to use to paint my two and a half year old daughter's toenails because it dries so quickly! How many nil polishes can you say that about? It also last for at least two wees on me...even longer on my toenails.
I would recommend this to anyone who want to have nice looking nails in a hurry!

Nail polish we will use again in New York minute

from Houston, TX

NYC New York Color Minute Quick Dry Nail Polish rates among my teen daughter's favorites. Not only can she get one coat to apply quickly and evenly but rarely does she feel the need for a second coat (which makes mom happy because we can move on to something else). It dries fast which is especially important in a household of 3 girls and one mom. The smell is not that overwhelming smell that stinks up the room when we are having to do more than one set of nails and it comes in a variety of colors that mean we can have any color we want for any mood or season. It's a little more expensive than some other brands but sales for BOGO make it a good deal and at least it's not as expensive as some other favorites we have like OPI. To be honest, we change color a lot during the summer months so long lasting is not as important as quick drying so this tends to take the toes during the summer.

NYC New York Color in a New York Minute is not that fast

from Ashland, OR

NYC New York Color In a New York Color Minute Quick Dry Nail Polish is a good nail polish, but does not live up to its advertising. It does seem to dry pretty quickly as nail polishes go, but a minute? not a chance. There is no such thing as virtually instantly drying nail polish because it would be nearly impossibly to apply well. This polish is however a pretty good polish. Provided you find the colors you are looking for, this polish will apply well and last for a reasonably long time. Many of the lighter colors definitely require a second coat because they look so see through with just one. The second coat of course will absolutely NOT dry in a minute, in fact it takes quite some time for second coats to be completely set enough to not smudge at all when doing something like getting dressed or using the bathroom. I would probably not recommend spending any extra money for this nail polish over another brand because the slightly faster dry time is just not significant enough to warrant extra price.

Very impressed!

from Lynn, MA

I was very impressed with the quality of this cheaply priced nail polish. I did buy it for the price and I didn't think it would last as long as it did. I absolutely love the color selections. I felt they had more variety of colors than the other brands. I picked Lincoln Square Lavender and only needed two coats. Even the first coat would have been acceptable but I just wanted it a little darker. The color lasts for days and has lasting shine. It was also very quick drying like it promises. Great for busy people who don't have all day to do thier nails. For under 3.00 it can't be beat. There are even coupons out there and special deals at different department stores that can save you even more money. I didn't think the odor was any different than other nail polish brands. I've purchased cheaper nail polish and was not pleased, this time I was very happy. I would definately but NYC again. It would also make a nice stocking stuffer or gift attachment for a young girl, tween or teen.

NYC is quick drying

from Southaven, MS

I had a coupon for this product so I decided to give it a try. I actually bought the NYC New York Color in a New York Color Minute Quick Dry nail polish in two great summer colors. Their were so many colors to choose from which was wonderful cause I love trying new colors. I tried the NYC product last night. The polish went on smooth and only needed one coat for full coverage. I went ahead and put two coats on just because I like the effect of it. But really one coat is all this is needed. I will continue to use this product and actually buy some for my daughter to use now that we want summer colors. Go ahead and give this product a try, you will be happy with the color choices and the one coat application.