Other Digestion Medicines:
Mylanta
Mylanta Original Strength Liquid Antacid

Mylanta Original Strength Liquid Antacid

Mylanta eases my heartburn every time.

**Mylanta **has been my choice for heartburn relief for years.  Having suffered from heartburn most of my life, I have tried many different brands and forms of this type of medication.  I dislike chewing up chalky tablets and those you take without chewing take too long to ease the pain but Mylanta liquid goes down smoothly and eases the pain quickly.  The taste is not the best in the world but not too bad and because it eases the pain, I'll take the taste.  Maybe someday they will make a chocolate flavored and then it will be perfect.

Great product for a multitude of issues but chalky.

Mylanta is a great product for a multitude of stomach issues, including gas, heartburn, upset stomach and acidity. It's one of the less expensive ones out there.

The main...Read complete review

The main negative I can think of is the absolutely chalky taste that they've yet to find out a way to get rid of. It also has a horrible aftertaste that leaves you wanting to drink a gallon of milk to get rid of.

It works well, but that chalky taste leaves you wanting to find a different medication that is a little bit easier on the stomach to take. It's effective and I've never had any problems with it, but it's definitely one of the chalkier medications out there for upset stomach and associated symptoms.

It's comparable with other products out there in terms of effectiveness, but for what it does, it does it fairly well. It's not very expensive and one bottle will last the average person a long time, as long as they do not have to take consecutive doses for many days, if that's the case, it'll end up being gone fairly quickly.

I'd recommend it if it wasn't for the chalky taste. If they found a way to get rid of the chalkiness, I'd take this medication as my regular for upset stomach in a heartbeat.

A livesaving product! Seriously!

Comments about Mylanta Original Strength Liquid Antacid:

This is the only thing I keep in my medicine cabinet for upset stomachs. It works wonders for everything. I have severe stomach ulcers, and I would take a swig of it before I ate and wouldn't feel a thing. It calms an upset stomach in no time.

Awesome product. I like the liquid version better than the tablets because I don't like the chalky texture. Granted the liquid still tastes chalky, liquid goes down faster and easier than chewing up tablets.

Immediacy
Relieved pain and indigestion within 5 minutes, and also prevented any indigestion or upset stomach before eating.

• Immediacy:

Relief FAST!

from Saint Marys, OH

Comments about Mylanta Original Strength Liquid Antacid:

I suffer from occasional heartburn and gas pains. Over the years I have tried many over-the-counter remedies, as well as several prescription remedies. I am leery of using a prescription medication for my symptoms as it seems that when use is discontinued my symptoms return, leading to daily use. I don't like to be on strong medicines on a daily basis. I find that Mylanta Regular Strength Antacid and Antigas Liquid is fast and effective and can be used on an occasional as need basis and still be effective. I find that the liquid formula works much more quickly that pills and gives fast relief for my symptoms. I have recommended Mylanta Antacid and Antigas liquid to other family members and have heard only good things from them when they have tried it. I have even used it as stocking stuffers at Christmas time and basket stuffers at Easter time! I keep a bottle in the drawer of my desk at work so I can get relief away from home, too. ****

Not for me

from Whitehall, PA

Comments about Mylanta Original Strength Liquid Antacid:

I have not used this product for a very long long time. Due to using other newer products that I have tried more recently. But recently I had to get some because it was the only option last minute. As a last minute solution I think it was *ok* but not something I will keep buying if I can help it. I cannot get over the taste for some reason. It was the part that bothered me most. I wish it came in a better flavor. Or at least with some options. It's very much afforable. So that I like. And the bottle is very large in my opinion. It will last a long time. The consistancy is very nice too. It is very smooth and goes down easily. I guess it's just ok for me. Not a product I love but I realize that is probably cause I am too picky. It does do that it is supposed to do. I just like the newer better flavored options we have now. My mother however swears by this stuff lol. As do my grandparents.

Quick relief

from Altamonte Springs, FL

Comments about Mylanta Original Strength Liquid Antacid:

Mylanta Regular Strength Liquid is a great heartburn medication. The best thing about this medicine is that it works very quickly. Unlike Prilosec, which takes a few days to start working, Mylanta begins working as soon as you take your first dose. I suffered from heartburn or sour stomach many days a month, which lead to unpleasant experiences and having to limit my daily life due to my health. After taking Mylanta at the onset of my symptoms, my stomach discomfort was immediately relieved and I could go on with my daily activities. For people that have tried Mylanta Regular Strength in the past, they may remember the disgusting taste of the original container. Johnson & Johnson now has Mylanta in different flavors, such as cherry and orange, which makes this medicine a lot easier to swallow. For someone with heartburn or sour stomach, Mylanta Regular Strength is definitely the medicine for you.

fast and yummy

from Lepanto, AR

Comments about Mylanta Original Strength Liquid Antacid:

I used to use tums quit frequently. However, it never worked for me so i decided to switch products. The very first time I purchased mylanta, it was the the cherry flavor and it needless to say, did me justice. The texture is smooth and i found it works best iof chilled in the fridge first. You can f eel it coating your throat as it goes down and doesnt leave an aweful chalkty, slimy flavor compared to otehr brands. Within 10 minutes or so I could fele it working and the atrocious burning was gone. The result? a yummy aftertaste and no mre acid indigestion.

You will find a bottle of this at my place....

from Spokane, WA

Comments about Mylanta Original Strength Liquid Antacid:

Though I have been prescribed both Reglan and Prilosec for my GERD troubles, Mylanta is also on my list of things my doctors have told me are excellent and safe products to use.

I come from a family of folks who have suffered from one gastro-intestinal problem or another. I am no exception. Mylanta has always been one of our family friends! Its soothing taste make it a must for anyone in need of a quick relief for heartburn or a sour stomach. The taste doesn't cause any further distress as some of the cheaper or store-brands deliver! I love the cool minty freshness.

The texture is also a plus. Mylanta is not to thick or syrupy. Nor is it too thin. It gives you just the right viscosity to coat and sooth your throat on the way down, and deliver relief once it reaches your stomach. I have gone with other brands in a pinch, but always end back with Mylanta. It really is the best value for the price.

Just shake and take.

• Immediacy:

Mylanta Regular Strength Liquid works for my 12 yr old and me.

from Mission Viejo, CA

Comments about Mylanta Original Strength Liquid Antacid:

Mylanta Regular Strength Liquid brings relief fast for my twelve year old daughter and me.  I took my daughter to our family doctor for strong heartburn symptoms.  She'd been suffering and having stomach pain on and off for weeks.  Our doctor recommended Mylanta and it worked almost instantly.  She finally has relief every time she's in pain and doesn't have to suffer any more.  I used it next time I had heartburn and I got the same relief just as fast.  I make sure we never run out now and know that we don't ever have to stay in that kind of stomach pain again.

Mylanta cools the burn, and does it quick.

from St Thomas, VI

Comments about Mylanta Original Strength Liquid Antacid:

I have GERD and take prescription medicine twice a day to keep the heart burn away. But when I'm under a lot of stress or eat food that's too acidy, Mylanta comes to the rescue. I've been known to keep a bottle in the car when things are stressful at work!

Great product for a multitude of issues but chalky.

from Savannah, GA

Comments about Mylanta Original Strength Liquid Antacid:

Waste of time and money.

from North Arlington, NJ

Comments about Mylanta Original Strength Liquid Antacid:

I don't get heart burn often, so it was not worth me getting prescription medication.  However, when I do get heart burn, it is pretty bad.    Therefore, I need something that is both strong and fast-acting.  This product is definitely not the product for me.

It takes way too long to kick in.  I sat around suffering for over an hour before I began to experience even the slightest bit of relief.

Once it did begin to kick in, it was not strong enough.  It took at least 6 hours before I felt complete relief.  It probably didn't help that I was laying down because it was night time, but the product still did not help me.

To make matters worse, Mylanta tastes disgusting.  It is thick and chalky; it leaves a weird paste over your tongue, which is horrible.  It actually made me nauseous.  Even after drinking a full glass of water, the taste remained.  The only way to get rid of it was to brush my teeth.

I would not recommend this product to anyone who experiences severe heartburn, whether it is frequent or only occasional.