Other Frozen Foods:
Breakfast Food, Vegetarian Frozen Entre
Morningstar Farms
MorningStar Farms Veggie Sausage Patties

MorningStar Farms Veggie Sausage Patties

My 3 year old carnivore LOVED them!

These were amazing. My daughter loves sausage, and I never thought I could get "un-sausage" past her. She took a bite, gave me a look, but kept right on eating. I asked her what she thought and she said, "I Love sausage!". Thumbs up from her. I'm not a big sausage person, but mostly due to the high fat/grease content. These didn't have either.. These will definintely enter our weekly rotation.

Did not taste right

I have only been a vegetarian for about two and a half years, and I am a big fan of Morning Star and their various vegetarian options, but this is far down in my list of favorites. I wanted something to enhance my morning breakfasts, which was english muffin + egg + cheese. It just needed something extra, right? So I thought I'd give this a try. It doesn't taste like real sausage... it has its own flavor which I cannot explain. My husband loves it, but I really just don't like the taste, the small, nor do I like the texture when it is cooked. Someone who does eat meat would definitely be able to tell that this is artificial - I don't see how it is at all like real sausage, despite other reviewers' comments. However, if you're looking to move towards something more healthy than a regular sausage, (and really like sausage to begin with) then this is definitely something you might want to give a try! It is high in protein, which is something I don't think I get enough of.

LOVE THE SPICY PATTIES!!

from Philadelphia,PA

Comments about MorningStar Farms Veggie Sausage Patties:

tastes so good!!! topped with guac!!

• I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

I Can't Tell It's Not Meat

from USA, Indiana

Comments about MorningStar Farms Veggie Sausage Patties:

I love to try new foods and I was very curious to try these sausages. I am aware MorningStar products are vegetarian and I am completely fine with this since I do enjoy vegetarian and vegan food.

What I first noticed about these veggie patties are they look like real sausage patties. I can not tell the difference between which one is vegetarian and which one is meat. The smell and taste of these sausages are heavenly. These sausages will not disappoint meat eaters or non meat eaters.

I am trying to incorporate more healthy foods into my diet and this is one product that is helping me towards that goal.

So Good

Comments about MorningStar Farms Veggie Sausage Patties:

Morningstar Farms Veggie Sausage Patties are delicious. They taste so much like the real thing and the texture is very close. These taste good even from the microwave. I like to dip mine in A1 sauce. My 15 month old likes these too. I prefer these to real sausage patties because I am disgusted by what is in real sausage but I do like the taste, so I eat these instead.

Delicious!

Comments about MorningStar Farms Veggie Sausage Patties:

I have been a vegetarian for seven years and, unfortunately, only recently discovered these patties. I couldn't tell you whether or not they taste like sausage because I don't know if I've ever had it, but these are absolutely delicious. I eat them for breakfast or dinner with scrambled eggs - one whole, two whites, and just a teeeeny bit of maple syrup drizzled on the "sausage". It's a meal that keeps me full for ages and is under 200 calories!

Did not taste right

from Lawrence, NY

VEGGIE SAUSAGE??

from Zephyrhills, FL

Comments about MorningStar Farms Veggie Sausage Patties:

This is a great tasting substitute for PORK sausage. I usually thaw it to a softer consistency since it comes frozen and add the spices that you would normally see in pork sausage. Make sure to cook it on a low slow temp until it has cooked throughly, add a side like pancake or biscuit or home fries and egg then you have a nice breakfast without missing all that fat and pork (YUCK) Morningstar is a good choice.

delicious but only if covered in sauce or gravy

from Marietta, GA

Comments about MorningStar Farms Veggie Sausage Patties:

This stuff is pretty good. However, the best sausage I've tried is called soysauge and is served at the Flying Biscuit restaurants in Atlanta. The Morningstar version has a little bit of a funky taste that's not overpowering, but makes the patties taste weird plain. If you add sauce or gravy, it's pretty darn good. I like to crumble the patties up and make a sausage gravy to use over biscuits for a vegetarian biscuits and gravy recipe. Most Morningstar Farms products are pretty good. This is probably my least favorite Morningstar Farms product. But, then again, I was never a huge fan of sausage in the first place. So maybe it's TOO real.

For recipes using soy sausage and other meatless meats, try http://veggieconverter.blogspot.com/

Other Morningstar Farms products you should try include:

Orange Chicken Entrees

We eat them everyday!

from Kissimmee, FL

Comments about MorningStar Farms Veggie Sausage Patties:

A friend got me hooked on these patties.  I have a 2 year old and 6 old year and they both eat them every morning.  My husband had tried them one day and now we all eat 1 every morning.  I have to have them stocked in my freezer at all times.  It's a great alternative for pork or beef sausage.

Best Vegetarian sausage I've ever had

from Southlake, TX

Comments about MorningStar Farms Veggie Sausage Patties:

These are so delicious.  Seriously.  They taste like sausage, look like sausage, almost smell just like sausage, but they're is no meat in there.  At all!  When I first discovered these, I cooked them so often that I got burned out on the flavor.  Morningstar can be hit or miss for me--these are a total hit.  The only issue I have with this product is the price.  I have a mostly organic, sometimes gluten-free, sometimes vegetarian budget to consider, and these don't typically make the cut.  My kids also loved these and never questioned whether they were sausage or not.  I also appreciate the lower fat content compared to regular sausage, and they cook faster.  You could use these in any recipe calling for breakfast sausage.  If you're trying for a healthier breakfast option, but don't want to let the sausage go, start stocking these for your morning options and you won't miss a thang.

Morning Star Veggies Sausage Patties are great tasting

from Erie, IL

Comments about MorningStar Farms Veggie Sausage Patties:

The morning Star Veggie Sausage Breakfast Patties are a great option for anyone that wants to eat healthy yet get a great tasting breakfast option. I use them when making breakfast for myself. I have them with an Arnold's Sandwich Thin, an eggbeater and a piece of light cheese. Sometimes I do add veggies.

Another option I use them for is to cut them up and put them in an omelet. They are convenient since they only take 2 minutes to warm up in the microwave. Can't ask for any thing better then a quick and healthy alternative to breakfast. Especially when you want something hot instead of just a cold breakfast.

Since they only take such a short amount of time to cook they are great for a work break. I take them quite a bit when I have to be at work at 5:30 in the morning.

Have also gotten quite a few great recipe ideas off of the Morning Star Website if you would be interested in more great ideas.