Other Eyeliners:
Maybelline Eye Studio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner - All Shades

Maybelline Eye Studio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner - All Shades

Pros

Cons

Works in Humid Weather, too!

I recently picked up this **Maybelline Eye Studio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner in Blackest Black**. I've never used a gel eyeliner before, and I've never used a 24 hour lasting eyeliner in any form. So, I was intrigued by its Smudge Proof, Waterproof, Super Intense Color, Twenty-Four hour claims.

I've always used an eyeliner, usually in a liquid form, with a fine, felt tip applicator tip. Invariably, I'd get some smudging, flaking off, and general breaking up of the eyeliner in a few hours.  Sometimes. I rubbed my eyes, and that doomed the eyeliner. Other times, it sweated off in the high humidity of a Florida summer.

Maybelline Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner comes with a really nice brush to apply the eyliner gel. It has a flat, pointed tip that gives you a great, defined line. I've used it for a thick or thin definition on my eyelids.The eyeliner color is very intense and black--dramatic too.

Each and every line, thick or thin, that I applied, worked perfectly. The brush is firm enough so that you can keep on dipping into the eyeliner gel and building up depth methodically. The eyeliner gel itself comes in a cute little jar and has a soft, creamy texture. It actually feels substantive in texture. It dries pretty fast as you build-up the color, and does not smudge at all. It's so easy to apply it, too.  I didn't even have to have a very steady  hand with it like I do with liquid eyeliners.  And, there is no mess.

**PERFORMANCE EVALUATION**:  I've tested this Gel Eyeliner in the heat of the day in Florida. That's a pretty tough test to stand up to in performance. It stayed on!  It lasted for quite a few hours, too. Well, I didn't test it for 24 hours, because who keeps their make-up on that long? Maybe a coast to coast plane trip would be a good evaluator. But, if you don't touch it and rub it like I'm prone to do, you'll get a lasting eyeliner for a few solid hours.

I did test this eyeliner, though, by applying it to my lids before I went to sleep. I know, not a good idea to do, theoretically. But, I was intrigued enough to do that. Well, in the morning, the eyeliner was still on, but, smudged and looked like it had "tossed and turned" with me, in the night. Still, there was enough "blackest black" eyeliner on, to still see it. Pretty good performance, I say!

I like this Maybelline Eye Studio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner a lot. It works well in humidity. It stays on a very long time. It doesn't rub off easily. The pigment is intense and it makes a lovely, dramatic eye statement. I think that I'll stay with it as my eyeliner of choice.

Maybelline Lasting Drama Gel was not what I had hoped for!

I am a semi-pro when it comes to anything make up: picking colors, applying it, cleaning up after it as well as buying it!  I'm even a pro at hunting it down and making it MINE! LOL With that said, I almost wish I hadn't hunted OR captured **Maybelline's Eye Studio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner**.  It was a big let down. First of all, the consistency of it is pretty nice but almost too creamy for a liner, it tends to get sloppy when applying and if you make a mistake it sure is hard to clean up the mess.  Secondly, **Maybelline's Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner **claims to be long lasting but it was no match for my oily skin.  Within hours it was smudging up and traveling down, attempting to make its way down to my cheek bones. Okay I exaggerate, but it was bleeding and made me look like I had a bad night out on the town even though I had only just applied it.

**Maybelline Eye Studio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner** has horrible staying power when you want it to stay, but takes a sandblaster to get it off when you want to remove it, I don't get it.  Lastly, the applicator brush that comes with this **Maybelline Gel Eyeliner **is super nice. It has a fine tip and great for gel liners, but if you don't wash it COMPELTELY immediately, the gel will "glue" all of the hairs on the applicator together - very hard to wash it up if you don't do it right away.  All in all, **Maybelline Eye Studio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner **was not what I had hoped for and it actually turned me off of trying any other brand's gel liner.  BUMMER!

Great Gel Liner!

Comments about Maybelline Eye Studio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner - All Shades:

This gel liner is one of my favorites! It is quite hard finding a good Drugstore liner that is not only long lasting, but dark as well. This liner is creamy, easy to apply and lasts all day. I love the brush that it comes with. It is one of the better applicator brushes I have seen in Drugstores.

Long lasting and wonderful gel product.

Comments about Maybelline Eye Studio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner - All Shades:

I was impressed by how long this product stayed on my eyes. It took a very long time for it to come off (unless it was purposeful). I was happy that this product came with an applicator brush, because the brush was very useful for me (it really depends what look you are going for with your eyeliner). It created a beautiful, sleek and dark cat eye that lasted better than any other gel liner.

Better than some high end liners

Comments about Maybelline Eye Studio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner - All Shades:

This is definitely a good dupe if you don't want to spend money on a higher end gel liner, I think it's actually better than some high end liners. It goes on very creamy, the color is very pigmented. I like the little brush it comes with, it just makes it easier. Overall a good product for a drugstore brand

Great for the smokey eye look

Comments about Maybelline Eye Studio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner - All Shades:

I was pleased with this product. I love to do the smokey eye but sometimes it is hard to use the liquid eyeliner. This eyeliner is almost like a really soft crayon that you use a brush to apply to your eye. I like it a lot. It blends really well and it is really easy to use. I do my smokey eye either brown, dark green or purple and the black looks good with all three colors. My sister uses the purple liner but I have not been able to find it. I went to Sallys thinking that they would have it but they did not. I have not used any other color but the black. I would recommend the black for blending and smokey eyes. It works wonderfully. It is a little harder to apply than stick or even other liquid eyeliners but it just takes a little practice. once you understand how wide to apply the line it becomes easier to play around with it a little. It also depends on the brush. This brush was way to big and covered over half of my eyes so I went out and bought a makeup brush just for the liner.

This is awesome eyeliner.

Comments about Maybelline Eye Studio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner - All Shades:

The Maybelline Eye Studio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner is by far the best eyeliner that I have used. The product stays on all day and never smudges. Before I tried this product my eyeliner would always making me look like a raccoon because it would melt down my face. This product stays on perfect all day.

A Gel? And it's MASCARA???

from North Augusta, SC

Comments about Maybelline Eye Studio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner - All Shades:

I was a bit skeptical about trying a "gel" mascara at first. But since it is such a well-respected company like Maybelline, of course I had to give it a try. First of all, the price was even more reasonable than I had thought it would be. I mean, it sounds innovative and all of that, so I thought the price would be much higher. I was also surprised at the applicator, presuming that it would be an antiquated looking sort of thing, but I was pleasantly surprised. It goes on so well, has a variety of shades as well, and just an over-all pleasant buy and experience. I will never leave Maybelline!

This is an interesting new product line

from New York, NY

Comments about Maybelline Eye Studio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner - All Shades:

I have used Maybelline products since I have been a teenager and that was a time ago. Most of the time, I have always been satisfied and trust their products as a result. The best feature of Maybelline eyestudio lasting drama eye gel is the brush that is used to line the eye. It does not fall apart with pressure and maintains it's shape. I can quickly get the eyeliner to do what I want it to. I was looking for a black liner and was considering a liquid liner when I came across this product. Though it is pricier than other liners I would buy, it lasts longer and Maybelline is always having great sales prices. The black is also just the right shade for me. It will smudge if you manage to rub your eyes, but compared to other pencil stick liners, I prefer it by far. It also works well with the eyeshadow quads available in the same product line. I can use it over eyeshadow or apply it before the eyeshadow. Since their is no place to keep the brush, they suggest cleaning it often.

To save more money, check out my discussion post on :

[www.viewpoints.com/discussion_boards/Community/topics/Stores-or-groups-that-offer-loyalty-rewards-or-special-benefits/posts][1]

[1]: http://www.viewpoints.com/discussion_boards/Community/topics/Stores-or-groups-that-offer-loyalty-rewards-or-special-benefits/posts

Amazing-long lasting, dark, not flaky!

from Bakersfield, CA

Comments about Maybelline Eye Studio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner - All Shades:

I just bought this about a week ago, and I'm already in love with it! It comes with an application, which saves you the money of needing to go buy one. I use it to go out dancing, and it lasts all night long!. It is easy to apply, dark, long lasting and most of all, it does not flake or crack!I highly recommend it!!

drama gel lasts all day

from Springville, UT

Comments about Maybelline Eye Studio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner - All Shades:

I just recently started using this eyeliner and am completely in love with it. It goes on so smoothly with the application brush. You can get any thickness of line you would like. The brush is amazing, it is easy to clean and keeps its shape so well. This eyeliner is better than any liquid liner I have ever used. It is so easy to apply! It goes on in a clean line without bleeding or smearing. It stays on all day and doesn't smudge at all! It even goes on dark and smooth over thick layers of eyeshadow! I love using this for lining my water line as well. It stays on well and doesn't look too dark over my waterline. It has lasted me such a long time! I can't think of a better product for the price out there! This is a must have in my makeup bag!

THis eye liner sucks

from Spring Hill, FL

Comments about Maybelline Eye Studio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner - All Shades:

ok i been wearing the waterproof eyeliner of maybeline for 5 plus years and i love it.

I was running low on eyeliner and went to my local pharmacy to get it and i saw the gel eyeliner i was like Great i never been let down so i got it!

Let me tell you that this gel must be advertise as a shadow gel not as an eyeliner. Its almost imposible to have a pretty define fine line the brush is thick so you end up with a thick line that looks more like an eye shadow.

However, i went along with it and tried it as a shadow. that didnt end out ok either i have oily skin so by the end of the day i saw my face and all the color had ran to the creases of my eyes which was not a very good looking picture.

I have my gel eye liner there waiting to be used since i dont find it any use. i should call maybeline and tell them the aweful results i got and my money back.