Other Acne & Blemish Treatments:

Mario Badescu Silver Powder

Pros

Cons

• Immediacy:

I like it but it is messy

from West Lafayette, IN

Comments about Mario Badescu Silver Powder:

This product is very interesting. I use it mainly for spot treating acne and it does often work for me. However, I find that the consistency of the product is somewhat annoying and messy. I figured out how to finally apply it so that it wouldn't be too messy. I wet a cotton ball completely and then squeeze out the water. I then dab the cotton ball in the powder and lightly tap the cotton ball on the lid to get rid of excess powder. I then dab it on the spot I want and let it dry over night. It does often come off on my sheets so be weary of that. It does not stain but it dries up and flakes off the skin. The results weren't amazing but it did work for me.

Pretty effective but it did not work every time.

Ease of Application
It is very messy and difficult to apply.

Convenience
There is a lot of product that comes in the jar but it is very messy so you can end up wasting half of it.

Side Effects
No smell which is nice.

Immediacy
Works quickly, if left on overnight, I wake up with clearer skin.

I'm liking it.

Comments about Mario Badescu Silver Powder:

I am a huge fan of Mario Badescu. The line is always amazing and has fantastic results for a low price. It may seem like a lot at the time, but the products last you SO long. For this product, I felt that it cleaned out my pores fairly well. Directly after use, I thought my pores looks slightly bigger, but it was remedied in the morning with clean tight pores. (The toner/astringent should help with the pore size too.) I did see a different after one use. Not scream worthy, but there was a difference. Once I've had this product over time, I believe it will work even better.

Helpful tips: You don't need to cake this stuff on. A light layer will suffice. You don't need to make it into a mask. I feel like that's excessive and a waste. Be sure to follow up with an astringent to take it off instead of just water; it makes a difference.

Works slow and steady to give you optimal results.

Ease of Application
You dampen a cotton ball and lightly tap it into the container of powder. Next you apply to your face. Lastly, after 10 minutes you take it off with a toner or an astringent. BAM. Done.

Convenience
I find it very easy. The only reason it's a 9 instead of a 10 is because of the fact you need to have cotton balls and I don't usually buy them. A bag of cotton balls will last a year though if you're only using it with this product.

Side Effects
Had initial enlarged pores, but when I woke up it was tight and clean. I was very excited.

Immediacy
It wasn't immediate like some other Mario Badescu products, but it did make a slight difference after one use.

• Immediacy:

Not quite as good as other MB products

Comments about Mario Badescu Silver Powder:

Overall, I love Mario Badescu products and use several of them every day. However, when I tried the silver powder I expected more. First of all it's pretty messy. You have to get the right consistency of powder and water in order to make a paste. Second of all, it looks and feels just like a mask once it's applied - nothing about it felt like it was doing anything a clay mask already does. And lastly, I only noticed a slight improvement in my blackheads.