Other Computer Mice:
Logitech
Logitech MX Performance Mouse

Logitech MX Performance Mouse

Great new functions but lose some old ones

I got this mouse as a replacement for my MX Revolution. The first thing to notice is that the shape is slightly different but I adjusted it to pretty fast. There is also other differences which I will go through.

One of the main attractions is the hyper scroll wheel, it is extremely useful and I do not remember the time when I did not have it. I could easily scroll down or up websites, papers, long lists extremely fast and efficiently. One of the difference in the hyper scroll wheel in the Performance MX is the addition of the mechanical button to switch between the two modes, the problem is that it no longer allows for you to have the software switch it. So for instance you lost the ability to automatically switch to hyper scroll mode if you scroll faster than a certain speed. Personally I did not use it so it did not make a difference for me.

This mouse also uses replaceable NiMH batteries. What's good is that you can easily buy and switch out the battery at any time.

Another feature is the Darkfield laser, while it sounds cool how it works everywhere including glass. I personally would rarely if ever use it on glass. Unless I decide to buy a glass mousepad, which I have been considering. But overall the tracking on this mouse is great and works on pretty much any surface I tried it on.

Unfortunately they took out the side scroll wheel, although it may seem to have limited uses, I found it to be extremely useful. But I can deal without it easily.

Overall it works really well on most surfaces and it can easily be used while you are charging it. Which has been a extremely useful feature for me. It also uses a tiny receiver which also lets you connect your other devices that support it. And of course the hyper scrolling, one of the best features of this mouse. Only thing I dislike is that the battery life could be better. Looks nice too.

After using it for more than 2 years it still work perfectly thought some of the logo looks like it is starting to fade

Really good but it drags a bit sometimes.

I am always online im a big computer person and i have a laptop so i needed a mouse. I went out and bought this prouduct and its pretty amazing, a bit sensative sometimes and i have a problem where it drags on certain surfaces but for the most part its pretty good. It WAS  bit expensive though which was a minor drawback because i dont like paying too much for anything and im a poor college student but if its a good quality item then i would consider it worth it and the shape of the mouse is really comfortable for me, and thats a big plus since i spend so many hours upon hours on the computer at home at work and outside, its extremly portable. Overall i would say the mouse is of good quality, and the shape is comfortable its portable drags a bit and is a little bit on the pricey side but it works for me and i like it enough. Id reccomend this to people who use their computers for long periods of time.

This Product is i like this and wireless things is i like

from India

About Me Casual User

Pros

• Comfortable Design

Cons

• Flimsy

• Gaming
  • Web Browsing

Comments about Logitech MX Performance Mouse:

I like this wireless mouse and i use the wireless mouse

• Primary use:
  • Personal
  • Computer Platform:
  • PC

Good product

from Albuquerque

Pros

• Comfortable Design
  • Easy To Set Up
  • Highly Compatible

• Everyday Use

Comments about Logitech MX Performance Mouse:

I really like this mouse. My old mouse was unresponsive on my tile counter-top and my finger was getting calloused from all the scrolling.I can set the functions for each button in order to customize it to my needs and I love the hyper and flick scrolling. It really is a big step up from what I had been using and what I had been using was a big step up from a typically wired mouse. It is the best mouse I have seen or used.

• Primary use:
    • Personal
    • Computer Platform:
    • PC

Very ergonomic and comfortable mouse.

Comments about Logitech MX Performance Mouse:

Very comfortable mouse, ergonomic, and user friendly. It also has various very useful programmable buttons on the sides, including a useful one for your thumb, something I hadn't seen on other mice. I programmed it to bring up the "search" function on windows 8, something I am very happy with. You can use a program made by logitech called share point to do this. In addition, the unifying receiver is fantastic, allows you to connect various logitech products to only one receiver. This is very useful if you have a keyboard, a certain headset, or other logitech product that uses the new unifying receiver. Lastly, the mouse came with its own leather bag in order to take cables and other accessories. It's very comfortable to use, might take a little getting used to at first due to its size, but it's definitely worth the price and I would recommend it to anyone looking for a high-end mouse.

great mouse!

from Rexburg, ID

Comments about Logitech MX Performance Mouse:

I love this mouse. I have own logitech mice for quite a while and I can say this is a great mouse. It is really simple to use and just works. No messing around with wires or trying to get it to move around. It just works!

Battery life is fantastic on it. I also love the fact that it take a micro usb cable to charge it back up. It is definitely an improvement on the previous version of this mouse the MX revolution. You don't have to worry about any proprietary chargers or anything of that sort.

Also it takes a simple AA rechargeable battery! THAT IS AWESOME. So if perhaps you are out of battery just toss in another AA and your set.

I really like the mini usb receiver on it as well. It really worried me having a huge receiver sticking out the side of the computer and now I don't have to worry about that at all. I just leave the receiver plugged in all the time and it works great!

I wish they had incorporated the storage place for the receiver on the bottom of the mouse like they have done on a few other logitech mice that I have.

• Comfort:

Feels like a very high-end mouse!

from Las Vegas, NV

Comments about Logitech MX Performance Mouse:

I needed a new mouse for my laptop that could be used for gaming, editing, and just internet use. The only thing that held me back almost from buying this mouse was the price, it was kinda pricey but I knew Logitech makes quality products. I wouldn't mind paying the extra price because their products are good quality. This mouse I really felt in love with and almost replace my G9X with this mouse just because I loved it. The small usb adapter is also amazing because I use to have the longer ones and it really scared me that I would break them sometimes. I would have to say that it's really portable at the same time. It may be larger than the typical wireless mouse for travel, but I have to say this is fine and isn't that big. I recommend this mouse for anyone willing to pay a little price because it's sure worth it!

Great new functions but lose some old ones

from Merced, CA

• Comfort:

loved it, small and perfect

from Rochester, NY

Comments about Logitech MX Performance Mouse:

I have had a great experience with the logitech mouse. I had bought a laptop and always wanted to buy a mouse for it and just never really got around to it. Until one day we were trying to play a game on the laptop and it was so much harder that it had to be. We bought this mouse and I couldn't be happier. Love it, Love it, Love it. I don't use my laptop without it anymore. I have only had it for about a month or so but we couldn't be more happy with it.

This mouse work anywhere

from Millerton, PA

Comments about Logitech MX Performance Mouse:

This is the best mouse that I have ever used. It will work anywhere you want it to. On your mouse pad. On your desk top. Up a wall. On the front of your shirt. etc. I was using batteries up so fast that it was really costing me.I looked around , and my choice was the MX Performance. It was expensive, but I figured I would pay for it with battery savings. It has. It is very responsive and although you have to charge it often this can be done while you are using it. It plugs into a USB port. It could have a more user friendly zoom function. Other than that ,it is great.

The logitech performance mouse mx is an amazing mouse

from Austin, TX

Comments about Logitech MX Performance Mouse:

When I considered buying this mouse, I was skeptical because it was very pricey, but I found a sale price and I went for it. Thank God I did because it is the best desktop mouse I've ever had. It tracks and feels very smooth and it's ability to be charged while in use is great. Also, it feels very comfortable in my hand and I don't get tired at all with it. You can customize every button to your preference, which is an added plus. It comes with a very nifty pouch to store its cables and ac adapter.

I am a draftsman and use many intense graphical programs and this mouse does the job both at high and low sensitivities. It tracks on any surface and to top it off it is aesthetically pleasing. This is like the ferrari of mice.

Good - but not perfect

from Providence, RI

Comments about Logitech MX Performance Mouse:

I have been a logitech mouse fan for years. I started with the first Laser mouse the MX 1000 and have worked my way up the ladder. The Revolution MX does compare rather well to the previous flagship model the MX revolution. Some great additions is the ability for the mouse to work on a glass surface. The logitech setpoint software is the same as always, at times clunky but it does get the job done. Perhaps the greatest improvement in my opinion is the ability to charge and use the mouse at the same time via microusb. Perfect for those who forget to charge when the power gets low.

Unfortunately the battery life ismn't too great. It dies after 4-5 days of heavy use. Additionally the price is a bit too high. Also, this mouse is designed for the right handed so, lefties beware!