3.7
Lexmark Intuition All-In-One Printer S505

Lexmark Intuition All-In-One Printer S505

3.7

Love the wireless function

We recently purchased this printer since I print a lot from my laptop and am not always in the office to hook up to the printer.  We were also hoping to save some money on ink.  I print out a lot of coupons from the internet and we were going through an ink cartridge a month (one black, one color).  We were hoping that since there were three seperate ink cartridges for the color ink that it would last longer.  They may last slightly longer, but I can't say that I've noticed a huge difference.  We've had the printer for about one and a half months and I have replaced all the ink cartridges already and about to replace the black ink for a second time already.

The print quality does seem to be superior to my previous printer though because I haven't had any issues with the bar scan codes on my printed coupons since I've switched.  There is a nice feature that once the ink cartridge is completely out it just won't print or you can choose to print in black ink only.  That way you won't have to print things over.

I've had a few problems getting some wireless prints printed, but I'm not really sure if it's the computer or the printer.  At any rate it's nothing that turning the computer and/or printer on and off don't fix.

Its a cheap all in one!!!

Its a cheap all in one printer thats all it is. I would not recommend this product for lasting ability. It does everything it says but it wears out very quickly.
Read complete review

Its performance is of average quality. It does scan, copy and print for about 7 months with average usage.

Copy Quality
Copy quality is also average. Black and white is very good-but then thats not saying much. Color is average. I found it was not good for intricate pattern as it gives some blur.

Ink/Paper Use
A very big draw back is the consumption of ink. I found it exceptionally high in both black and color ink. Color more than black and the ink is not cheap. I could never get the refiller kits to work as after refilling the printer would not recognize the cartridges as filled. So no way to save any money there. I did not that paper feed as it is slow and you have to guide and watch it constantly and rather slow in the printing process.

It is average as ease of use. Some things need programmed-which maybe tricky for some.But again guiding and watching the paper is a pain in the butt.

I do not consider 7 months of average use very durable. And the problem with the paper makes this a undesirable machine.

It does have a rather nice design but with the other drawbacks..this is not a good reason to purchase this all in one.

Its a cheap all in one!!!

from Parsons, TN

Copy Quality

Ink/Paper Use

• Copy Quality:
  • Ink/Paper Use:

I love this Printer!!!

from Lakewood, WA

Comments about Lexmark Intuition All-In-One Printer S505:

I bought this printer over a year ago and it is still going like the first day I bought it. I have not needed to go to the fax store since. I can scan and email it from my computer, just fax, or even print. I have 4 computers hooked up to the printer. The XL printer cartiges goes a long way. The pictures I have printed are also just as wonderful.

Great When You Have Ink

from San Francisco, CA

Comments about Lexmark Intuition All-In-One Printer S505:

This could've been a great printer.  I buy mutiple printers every year because all these companies are trying to steal our money.  The problem with this printer is that once you run out of ink for any of the cartidges, the printer/copier will be rendered useless until you buy new ink.  Epson does this as well.  I purchased this printer because my Epson did this and my old Lexmark did not.  I was very dissappointed.  Because of this, I have still not retired my old HP 712C printer.  However, when you do have ink in the printer, every thing works great.  Wireless printer is simple and easy.  Copying can be done without having the computer on, and the power saving modes of the printer are decent.  Scanning to documents or pdfs is easy and simple.  However, because of the "low ink scam" I will be giving this printer away and buying a new one as soon as I am done with the ink.  It's just more cost effect for me to buy another printer instead of buying ink.  I print in mostly black and white, so this is a huge problem for me.  If anyone knows of all in one printers that don't do this, please let me know.  Thanks.

Great for scanning

from Allston, MA

Comments about Lexmark Intuition All-In-One Printer S505:

Recently I purchased a lexmark all in one printer, wireless, with copier, printing, scanning functions. What I was told was accurate - if you are looking to buy a high quality printer for printing purposes, go with hewlett packard. If you are going to do mass quantities of scanning business documents, select lexmark.

I went with Lexmark and have to say, the scanning is AMAZING. I had many documents to scan and the auto feed would take it easily and immediately and SWIFTLY and the result would come out as if I have hand fed each one by one. Not the same on Hewlett Packard. Auto feed is much slower and can be damaged with over use.

The lexmark printer also is wireless, though I used a cable to attach it to my laptop. Did not load the ink, as I did not need it, so can't speak to printing performance.

Die hard LexMark Fan!

from Canton, GA

Comments about Lexmark Intuition All-In-One Printer S505:

This Lexmark printer is the third Lexmark printer to land in our own.  The LexMark functions are always so user friendly.  The wireless capabilty is awesome!!!  No Wires!!!  Love it, and love printing from the other room via  Laptop!

Lexmark intuition

from Solon, OH

Comments about Lexmark Intuition All-In-One Printer S505:

OverIf it weren't for a few problems with this printer I would recommend buying it,but because of the problems and the expensive ink I cannot recommend the printer. The ink cartridges are very expensive,  it is hard to find the ink cartridges at the stores and it goes through ink very quickly. I feel like I am changing out the ink cartrdiges all the time.  We also can't get the wireless set up on the ptrinter.  We have used the start up cd and still can't get the wireless to work, so anytime that I want to use the printer I have to connect using the USB cord which is a pain.  I do like the print quality of the pages that I print. The scanner part of the printer is very easy to use and works very well to scan it from the printer to a file in your computer.  I have never had a problem with the paper jamming or having print errors come up onto my computer screen.  When I push print it loads onto my screen and prints quickly.

Lexmark wireless copier

from Duncansville, PA

Comments about Lexmark Intuition All-In-One Printer S505:

Ive always had a Lexmark copier/scanner. I decided to purchase a less expensive copier only to turn around and return it for another Lexmark. This copier has been through a war. Its been dropped, broke, and still keeps finding a way to keep on working. The wireless copier is wonderful to hide upstairs out of the way. The color and the print is amazing. Anytime I was in need of service a representative was there to walk me through the trouble shooting. As for scanning, it is very easy and any novice person can scan a paper. I also love copying photos of my family. The color and the brightness is always great. There are also several other keys on there to set up the paragraph size, margins or other settings. Just a real nice copier to have that will never let you down. The price is also great and if the timing is right the price of the ink catridges isnt so bad either. Thanks Lexmark for a great product.

Lexmark well worth your money

from Houston, TX

Comments about Lexmark Intuition All-In-One Printer S505:

I have owned many different printers over the years and I keep going back to Lexmark.  They are well worth your money.  I have love the wireless printer you can print from anywhere in your house.  You dont have to move the computer that is connected to the printer.  The ink is priced along with the others out there.  I love the fax, I see people all the time at stores with fax service and I am so glad i have the Lexmark all in one.  You can scan pics or docs from another room and put them in a pdf and send them thru email or you can just fax from the printer its self.  The Lexmark name has me for a customer for years to come.  I can just call and even thou my printer is not in waranity they still help me with my issues with the printer that is.  I do recomend Lexmark Printers to all my friends and family, I always get the computer questions and when it comes to the printer is alway Lexmark.

Good quality results, expensive to replace ink cartridges.

from Ocala, FL

Comments about Lexmark Intuition All-In-One Printer S505:

Although print quality is Decent, ink capacity is low and ink cartidges are delicate. This makes refilling cartridges frustrating because they don't last long. a good buy if you only need a printer occasionally, heavy users should look elsewhere to fill their needs.

lexmark wireless printer is a good machine

from Wilmington, NC

Comments about Lexmark Intuition All-In-One Printer S505:

The Lexmark wireless printer, copier,scanner is another great lexmark product. I only buy lexmark now after dealing with other printers and there problems. This is my first wireless printer and I am really happy with it. The Machine is easy to use and fast. I use it on a daily basis to print out coupons and recipes

The scanner part of the machine also works great. I needed to copy some invitations that I made for a baby shower and you couldn't tell that they were copied. The colors were that same as the origanal one that I copied.

I have also scanned photos and fix the red eye and then reprinted them. They printed out great and the color was excellent. Great 8 X 10 reprints.

The only down side to lexmark printers is the price of their ink. I usually go though color ink about every month and black ink in about a month and a half. With this printer the ink last a little longer than this. I can print for about two months with this printer than with their other printers