Other All-In-One Printers:

Brother Professional Series All-In-One Printer

Pros

Cons

• Ink/Paper Use:

if you need an affordable 11 x 17 scanner, this is it!

If you're looking for a review of the color printer or fax functions, I can't help you because I haven't used them yet. But the scanner function is absolutely wonderful. I never knew an 11 x 17 scanner could be so affordable, plus it's top-notch--a lot better than I've seen from all-in-one office copiers at 10 to 20 times the cost. The company I freelance for as an editor bought me this all-in-one printer because they wanted me to have 11 x 17 scanning capabilities. Their investment paid off in just a couple months and has saved them tons more money in UPS shipping charges, since I can scan my marked proofs instead of shipping them back. The scan quality is so excellent that it's just as good as reading my pencil marks straight off the hard copy. I love how I could hook it up to my wireless network, though I will note that I didn't have as much luck doing that as another reviewer who said it took only 10 minutes. You can scan to wherever you want on your computer hard-drive or to e-mail or an FTP site, and the scanner software isn't too hard to figure out.

Brother MFC-6490CW mows through ink

This is the third printer I have purchased for my husband's business within a twelve month period. It works alright, but I have used many other printer's I have liked better. This printer seems complicated ... too many buttons... too many options. It is nice that it is all in one. It faxes, it copies, it scans, it prints, it has color. It can handle 11 x 14 inch paper, which we need. It has two trays which is nice, but I never can tell which tray it is going to take the paper from,  so when I have to print checks I take out the tray I am not going to use, otherwise half of the time it grabs the paper from the wrong tray. I have never had a printer that used so much ink. I don't like the fact that it gives you a warning of low ink about 3 sheets before it runs out of ink and stops printing all together. Beware!! Keep spare ink on hand or you will run out and the most inopportune time. The ink is very expensive, like most all other ink cartridges out there. It is big, it is bulky, but it doesn't jam often.

Perfect for my business.

Comments about Brother Professional Series All-In-One Printer:

I have this Brother Printer for my business use. I've used Brother printers for as long as I've needed professional quality all-in-ones, and that's about ten years. I've always been satisfied with the service provided by Brother, and the quality of their machines.

It's fast. It's easy to use. It's friendly it it's design, and you can expect it to last for a long time.

Copy Quality
I've never had copy issues with a Brother printer, and this model is no exception.

Ink/Paper Use
It sips ink, and rarely gets a paper jam, so you're unlikely to waste paper using this machine.

The setup time is maybe five minutes, and there are big friendly buttons for practically every task you might perform.

I've only had to buy three printers in the last ten years, and I print so much with my business that that's an incredible accomplishment.

It's not clunky, but it could be (I guess) a little bit smaller. Still, the layout of the machine is intuitive, so you can't really complain.

Works like a charm.

Comments about Brother Professional Series All-In-One Printer:

Great printer, there's lots of confusion with the software but most of all the printing quality is 100% and the fax, and scanner, works perfectly too without any delay or issues. The size of it is pretty compact and fits on any desk-top or shelf and it can connect wirelessly to your network which is great too - I can print from my smartphone!

Copy Quality
Copying is great , I put a paper under the copy machine and hit a few keys and then bobs-your-uncle, an exact clone appears! I find no flaws with the copy quality and love it which is probably my favourite part.

Ink/Paper Use
Uses a lot of ink unfortunately which sacrifices a lot of budget and runs to get more ink. About 10 papers can chew up most of your ink.

Confusing with the built-in software but it's managable.

Haven't seen any issues with it so far - it's pretty durable after surviving a 4 foot fall.

Compact, not exactly light weight but it fits anywhere.

In Love

I LOVE this printer

I absolutely LOVE everything about this product. The scanner bed is larger than usual @ 11"x17". This as well as it's ability to scan at a high resolution rate make it an Artists Dream.

Copy Quality
The copy quality is equal if not better than that of a professional printer company.

Ink/Paper Use
This is no ONLY issues with the printer - it uses a LOT of ink. I know that settings have a lot to do with ink saturation - but no matter what I did/do - the ink disappears Quickly!!!

Very Easy To Use & Understand!! VERY!

I've had to move it more than 10 times, 4 of those times were in a moving truck. There have been No issues with it what-so-ever :-)

It is a Big machine - but the over-all design is Great!

A Brother is Like No Other

Comments about Brother Professional Series All-In-One Printer:

I absolutely love Brother printers. This printer is fast and sleek. I use this printer almost every day. I haven't had any problems with it. This printer is easy to use i would recommend it to anyone looking for a great all-in-one printer!

Fast and easy to use

Copy Quality
very good imaging and colors

Ink/Paper Use
good on ink lasts awhile

very easy to navigate

sturdy not bulky

very sleek and flashy perfect for any house decor

• Ink/Paper Use:

Makes my job much easier.

from Wilmington, DE

Comments about Brother Professional Series All-In-One Printer:

I love this machine. It really makes my job easier. Fast beautiful copies and reports. Great value.

very fast

as good as an original

Ink/Paper Use
not better or worse than others. all on the usage.

its the all in one for dummies.

i put it to the test some days. great machine

compact yet has it all in the right places

• Ink/Paper Use:

This all in one printer not costs much but every fuction are wor

Comments about Brother Professional Series All-In-One Printer:

Wireless to receive orders from your computer. Copy, fax, photo capture and scan are all works good. The only lack is if your paper is not even or too thick, it stucks.

Every fuctions are working good. The color performs okay, but I think it depend on the paper quality.

Copy Quality
The scanner scans two steps. If you want to copy something, you need to wait until the scanner finished scaning.

Ink/Paper Use
The color of inks this brand is not performace well. But I don't use it to print my photos, so I dont have that problem.

The only lack is if your paper doesn't set even and well, or if your paper is too thick. That will effects the result such as you stuck your paper or the paper comes out unevenly.

There is a view screen, you can see what your choise.

I got it in half year, it still works as new.

Four in one fuction printer combine all your office machines in to one. It lease more space in your office.

Complicated

from Charlotte, TN

Comments about Brother Professional Series All-In-One Printer:

We needed a new printer for our home office. Our old one just wasn't performing up to par. I bought this printer because I thought it would be a good alternatove to what we had been using. From the get go, I had problems with this printer. I went through the setup twice, and it still did not want to set up. It finally decided it would on the 3rd try. The menu on this printer is a tad bit compliacted for my tastes. I like simple menus, so this one did not cut it for me. After I started using the machine, I began to like it. It scanned very nice. The colors turned up very vivldey. However, after a few uses, we realized that the printer liked to get stuck on an almost daily basis. I would get the paper unstuck, and it would do it all over again. Then it started telling me that the cartridges were installed wrong, even though they were right. I would't get this printer if you are going to have alot of printing to do.

Best printer ever !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

from Waverly, NY

Comments about Brother Professional Series All-In-One Printer:

Hello, everyone most recently I purchased a nice printer for scanning. It was actual meant for printing and copyng but the scanner was a pretty nice addition I can say honestly, I bought it for a great price and its really easy to use. Its well built and comes with warrenty. This printer is pretty net because it has a bunch of functions. Its life is amazing and by that I mean ink is nice because you can print 5000 pages without worrying to change it. One thing for me that was a bit of a hassle was to change the toner because I actually had to read the long and Im ust say boring manual to locate where it was and how to get there. Overall this is a great printer to buy and I recommend it to everybody who is in need to a printer.

Awesome

from Columbia, MD

Comments about Brother Professional Series All-In-One Printer:

I have great experience with brother printers. They are very sturdy and come with good quality and service provided by brother. It's hard to find a good quality router for an affordable price but luckily you do not have to look any further. It is extremely fast so speed is definitely not something you will ever have to worry about if you end up choosing this printer. What I like about the printer the most is it's scanner facility. It works really well and it is easy to use so anyone can get their work done without having a problem. It is a color printer so that is an added bonus for this price. Some of the things I dislike about it is the clustered menu, I wish they would work on that to clear it up. Other than that there are no problems.

Great multifunction tool

from Campbell Hall, NY

Comments about Brother Professional Series All-In-One Printer:

The Brother MFC-6490CW All-in-one injet printer is a great and cheap option for all your printing, scanning and copying needs. I like that it is really easy to setup and use right away. The menu is intuitive and I am very comfortable using this multifunction.

The cost of maintenance and new ink cartridges if bought from a third party is low as well. When using an inkjet you must be aware of this cost as it can end up being much more than the cost of the apparatus.

I must say that I am also thrilled with the document feeder function. It runs smoothly and doesn't catch the originals as do some other brands.

It is also quite pleasing aesthetically- something that should be and often isn't in cases where one deals with clients and appearance may mean getting or missing an acount.

My experience has been very good, especially upon printing photos on high quality photo paper.

You should be able to find this model cheaply and be very happy with it.