View more all in one printers

3.6
Other All-In-One Printers:
Lexmark
17M0885
Lexmark All-In-One Printer X1185

Lexmark All-In-One Printer X1185

3.6

We are a lexmark family

Our Lexmark X1185 is the third Lexmark in our family.  We've been using Lexmark for the past 10 years.  The only reason why we buy new printers is not because we are unhappy with the one we have, but because Lexmark added technology that we want.   I used our current printer to print a friend's wedding invitations.  My friend and her groom to be were not, still aren't, comfortable around computers and their componants, but after a few minutes with the Lexmark X1185, they pushed me out of the room and finished the job themselves.  What I don't like about the Lexmark is that when I want to print an 8 x 10 colored print, the last part of the print lacks the quality of the first part.  I'm not sure if gravity pulls the paper down and affects the ink, but the last quarter inch or so always shows the tiny lines that indicates a print as opposed to a totally smooth finish like a photograph.  I've scanned colored sketches, though, and kept them a 5 x 7 in the center of the page.  Especially under a glass frame, the reproduction could be the original.

Why did you quit on me so soon?

The **Lexmark X1185 PRINTRIO All-In-One Printer **is a disappointment to me. I realize that computers and other office equipment is not meant to last forever, but I have only had this printer for one year and I seem to have had nothing but problems with it. The cartridges get stuck a lot and I get error messages which make me start over and are time consuming.Recently, my **Lexmark X1185 PRINTRIO All-In-One Printer **broke. There is a strap inside that completely broke off. If I had known I was not going to get better quality by buying a printer with coping options, I would have stuff with a basic model printer that would just get the job done.I have a home office that I use daily and being without a printer just isn't practical. I am in the market for a new printer, but this time I am doing my research and finding out which printers have lasting power. I will not buy another **Lexmark X1185 PRINTRIO All-In-One Printer.**

Inexpensive, and does the job well!

from Arlington, VA

Comments about Lexmark All-In-One Printer X1185:

Lexmark is so good at making cheap printers!  I say cheap, and I mean VERY inexpensive!  This printer has such good quality.  I use it for pictures and for notation of music.  There are no smears, drum marks, nothing!  Just as clear as a bell.  I find that changing the ink cartridges is somewhat easier than most printers of this kind.  I love that I can use it as a scanner, copier and printer.  Often, I will print my music, scan it, then e-mail it to the piano teach to whom I sell it. This method is so easy for both of us.  I don't know how durable this printer will be.  So far so good though!  :)

I Love this Printer

from Columbus, OH

Comments about Lexmark All-In-One Printer X1185:

I Love my Lexmark printer. Everything I can do all in one. I scan my pictures, make copies, fax, print. All from 1 printer, it's a great printer for at home office or just regular pc users who does alot of scanning and printing of documents. It's easy to understand. Works great good quality printing.

Great Value, excellent product and reliable

from Grand Rapids, MI

Comments about Lexmark All-In-One Printer X1185:

I have five different printers located throughout my home.  Of the five this one is the easiest to use.  Lexmark keeps everything very simple and clear.  I have other printers that I find myself refer to the help files, not with this one, you can easily figure out exactly what you want to do.

ok printer

from Schertz, TX

Comments about Lexmark All-In-One Printer X1185:

This is an OK printer. At first I was happy with it. later I got frustrated as i have lately with all ink jet priners, Since then I have went to laser printer and I will never go back. I don't know if i bought cheap ink that was bad since i used a ink place online that wasn;t name brand, but after using my inital pack on ink i have been unable to print any pages without having lines in them. I have tried using the cleaning function but that never works. I have learned that ink dries so maybe my ink dried and that is the problem. Right now i only use it as a scanner since it will no longer print for me. It also has problems feeding in the paper correctly. I hate that it isn;t constant, but beware you might run into it feeding the paper a few times when you run out of paper and have to add more. One function i like is the copy button. When you price copy it will scan a document and the print one. This is good when you don't want to spend money to go to the library and have a copy made. When you do a regular scan i always get confused and the image resolution looks bigger then a size of a paper. So havingb a one funtion copy makes it hugely simpler to make a reciepe copy for my mom or make a rebate copy for records. I don't know about others but i wasn;t abel to get the copy funtion to work unless it is connected to a compter.

Bottom line I suggest people move on to laser printers they are cheaper and work so much better. This does however do color and the laser printers are more exapnsive if you need color.

It was a pretty good printer

from Wilson, NC

Comments about Lexmark All-In-One Printer X1185:

I believe this is the second computer we have ever owned, and it served us well. I liked the all in one features that it had. While it may not be "on par" with the more up to date models, I don't really have a bad thing to say about it., except that the ink seems kind of expensive. Good printer though.

Good All - In - One

from Crown Point, IN

Comments about Lexmark All-In-One Printer X1185:

We received this printer / copier / scanner a few years ago along with one of our computers. There was a big enough rebate on it that it didn't cost us much. I really had low expectations since I had no idea one printer could do so many thing that I was in the end pleasantly surprised. It scans quite well and I was was always happy with anything I printed with it. Although I can't really remember how well it prints in color since I ran out of ink and couldn't get myself to pend the kind of money they want to replace the cartridge so i've been settling for black & white only! As a scanner i can tell you that it works quite well! We have scanned many things with it and after messing with the setting a bit have always been very happy with the end product. I did recently buy a new all - in - one so this one will soon be retired, but it did give us years of faithful use, non the less. I feel Lexmark does a good job coming out with low cost printers!

lexmart Jet X1185 is expensive to maintain and uses alot of ink

from Attalla, AL

Comments about Lexmark All-In-One Printer X1185:

After doing months of comparison shopping, we went with the Lexmark Jet X1185.  The ink was reasonably priced and it was an all-in-one printer.  It was easy to hook-up and install when we got it home.   The pictures we printed were outstanding.  However, within about a week of printing, the cartridge was out of ink.  I found that you can only print about 200 pages in black and white and maybe 80 pictures and you are out of ink.  I also found since purchasing this product that the ink cartridges have had a huge price increase at our local stores.

When I had a problem with my new ink cartridge I called the helpline.  The first representative was rude and caused me to mess up the cartridge.  After my second call to the helpline it was found that I had a faulty ink cartridge.  The second representative was very helpful, although he could not find where I had called the first time.

I would not recommend this product to anyone who does a lot of printing.  It does print beautiful pix and copies things very well.  But you will pay a lot in the long run for ink.

Lexmark 1185 is now obsolete

from Hampton, VA

Comments about Lexmark All-In-One Printer X1185:

My Lexmark x1185 all in one is now an obsolete piece of machinery.  It serves it's basic functions but in this day and time, a printer needs to be more efficient.  No matter what setting I adjust it to, the quality of copies is standard at best.  the ink is wide and blurred when copied.  The faxes seem to take forever to go through.  I thought it was my line initially until I replaced my printer and found the other faxes went through swiftly.  Also, I beleive this model is old which may be why it is incompatible with most computers.  I was able to use this when connected to a computer that is approximately 11 years old however when I connected it to a newer computer of the exact same brand, for some reason it kept sending me error messages saying it is incompatible.  I personally feel all printers should be compatible to basically every computer.   This printer is also heavy which is very inconvenient.

I love this printer

from Potts Camp, MS

Comments about Lexmark All-In-One Printer X1185:

The Lexmark X1185 All in One Inkjet printer is a wonderful product.  I have had this product for about five years now and it still works well.  I have gone from a computer with XP, to Vista, to Windows 7 and the printer works with all the systems.  Lexmark does a good job at making sure that the software necessary to install this printer is available online.  The scanner function on this printer works extremely well and the lid can accomdate for rather large things that have to be scanned.  I don't know how the fax functions work because I have never had to fax anything.  Printing is quick, quiet, and efficient. If I had one complaint about this product it would be that the ink cartridges are quite expensive and they dry up rather quickly if not used all the time.  Are there better printers out there? Most likely.  Will I one day buy a new printer? Yes.  Am I going to get rid of my printer just because there are newer versions of it?  Definitely not.

We are a lexmark family