Other Dog Toys:
KONG Wobbler Dog Toy

KONG Wobbler Dog Toy

Pros

Cons

Kong is the perfect toy for my dogs!

I have a German Shepherd Dog and a Pit Bull mix, and they both absolutely love the Kong Wobbler Dog Toy. My German Shepherd generally eats so fast that she throws up. After doing some research, I began putting her food in the Kong, forcing her to slow down. She now not only enjoys the challenge of working for her food, but the slowed pace of eating helps her keep the food down and reduces messes to clean! In addition, when I leave the house for more than a couple of hours, I fill Kong Wobblers with peanut butter or a similar dog treat paste, freeze them, and give them to the dogs before I leave. The dogs are entertained and occupied while I'm gone and much less prone to get into trouble! Both dogs have very strong jaws, but the Kong Wobbler stands up to their abuse very well. Eventually the Pit Bull mix is able to start breaking through the edges of the fill hole and break pieces off, but it's unreasonable to expect them to be indestructible. When I can see the Kong is becoming worn, I replace it with a new one to reduce the potential for choking. All in all, I love this toy and so do my dogs!

Good but Hard to Clean

The Kong Wobbler Dog Toy is great in theory, but when it comes down to it, isn't all that practical.  The biggest issue I have with it is that my dog can't seem to get all the goodies out of the toy and ends up leaving a slobbery mess behind.  And of course, if you don't clean it out right away, it's going to get nasty and mold.  Just make sure you wash it out as soon as the doggy is done and you should be fine.  I was impressed with the durability of this dog toy, though.  My 100 lb lab retriever mix hasn't been able to tear it up.  Seems to be the perfect size for him.  It is really hard plastic though, so be careful if you have a dog that likes to toss his toys around the house - he may end up breaking something!  I know our dog can get a bit rough with his toys.   All in all, a decent dog toy that is pricey, but sort of a good investment.  It at least keeps the doggy busy for a long while.

Your Dog Will Be Amazed With The KONG Wobbler

from Pittsburgh, PA

Comments about KONG Wobbler Dog Toy:

I wasn't sure of the KONG Wobbler would be a hit with my large breed dogs because of the size of it; I was worried it wouldn't be large enough for them or that they would tear it apart in a couple of days. Likewise I thought that it would be too large for my smaller dog to be able to handle or move around.

The large dogs prefer to it hit or whack it with their paws and watch it move around but they will eventually knock it over, hold it down and work on getting the treat or treats out of the inside of it. The small dog treats it like it is an actual toy and could care less if there is something inside it.

I bought one of these because I wasn't sure how the dogs were going to react to it; that was about two years ago and they still haven't managed to put a dent in it. If they do end up destroying it I will probably buy them another one but they didn't go bonkers for this one. They play with it but it doesn't keep them as amused as other KONG products.

Puppy enjoys finding treats

Comments about KONG Wobbler Dog Toy:

I bought this for my puppy. We bought the medium size. It will certainly grow with him. His food fits in it as well as small training treats. His regular little bones do not fit however. At first he had no interest in it, but once I showed him how to use it (knocking it over and what not) he loved his surprise treats. With that said, poor puppy can not figure out how to make it work on his own! I've shown him again and again. That isn't Kong's fault that I have a slow puppy. He loves it just can't figure it out on his own.
I love that it is dishwasher safe and incredibly durable. Especially since we have had some kong toys destroyed within minutes. Good toy to entertain dog with when one can't watch dog like a hawk at all times and safe! Will fit up to 2 cups of food in it, easier to use when there is more food in it as well. Small enough to fit in kennel in a pinch and not enough time to feed puppy.

Fantastic toy for a puppy!!

from Lebanon, TN

Comments about KONG Wobbler Dog Toy:

We had a new pet store come into town and I was looking for something to keep my new puppy busy. She suggested the Kong wobbler toy and said I could put treats or even her food in it. I told her ok I would try it. One of the best toys I could have bought. It is not only entertaining for her but for me also. I love to watch her bat at it time and time to get it's surprises out. Sometimes it is as good as watching a comedy show on TV. I told the lady when I went back to the store, thank you, thank you. The Kong suggestion was wonderful. I would suggest this toy to anyone who has a puppy or dog. (Suggestion: Honey nut Cheerios or regular Cheerios are great to put in it, my puppy loves them and the vet did approve the regular Cheerios).

Dog was afraid of it.

Comments about KONG Wobbler Dog Toy:

I originally intended that this toy be for my youngest pup Koby, but he was a extremely terrified of it. Koby doesn't like to chew his food. We call him the vacuum dog because he basically inhales his kibble. We knew that eating their kibble to fast can cause bloating, so we wanted something that would force him to eat slowly. We bought this wobbler toy not to fill with treats, but to fill with kibble, so he could knock the toy around and get a few pieces of kibble at a time. When we filled it with food, and set it in front of him, all he could do was bark at it. He was deathly afraid of it and wouldn't even touch it. After a while, Koby still didn't use the toy, so it was presented to my older dog. He on the other hand, was no afraid. He knocked it around and was glad that this toy produced food. I was disappointed that I was not able to use the toy as I intended, but glad that I didn't have to waste the toy because another one of my dogs loved it.

Great entertainment!

from Ankeny, IA

Comments about KONG Wobbler Dog Toy:

I got this for my dog because he didn't seem to be very interested in entertaining himself. The original kong was good, but it didn't keep him entertained for very long as he cleaned it out quickly. However, this product was great at keeping him busy and entertained. It was more challenging that the original balls with holes that he played with before. You can put any kind of treats or food in it. It is also easy to wash which is a plus!

Durable interactive toy and easy to clean!

Comments about KONG Wobbler Dog Toy:

This is more durable than most treat dispensing toys. And even better, it opens up to clean (which most treat dispensing toys don't do) and is dishwasher safe! I just wish they made a version where the hole is higher up on the toy, making it harder for the dogs to get the food out. My dogs can empty it out fairly quickly.

Someone else mentioned that it gets moldy if you don't clean it right away. I haven't found that to be the case. I use regular kibble and don't clean it after every time I fill it (since I use it almost every day). Plus, it's easy to just stick in the dishwasher anyway.

My dogs can chew through a lot of toys, but this one has stayed in one piece!

Best toy to keep dogs busy

from Glendale, CA

Comments about KONG Wobbler Dog Toy:

We have a 13 year old chow/cattle dog mix that has always been full of energy. Through the years we have purchased quite a lot of dog toys and treats. We have never been very successful with soft toys, especially if they squeak. It takes our dog only minutes sometimes to rip open a brand new toy and find that little plastic squeaker inside. I have, with some success, removed the squeaker myself and sewn it shut before presenting it to him... obviously a hassle I would rather not deal with.

This brings us to our dogs favorite toy, and ours as well. We have had the same kong for the entire life of our dog. That is saying a lot since it is the only toy we own that is out all the time. The best way to use it, and his favorite of course, is to put a treat inside. It keeps him busy for a long time, and the end result of his work is a tasty treat. He plays with it without treats as well. It is easy to wash, and incredibly durable. The word "Kong" is used more in our daily household talk as anything else we live with.

This toy saved my backyard!!

from Jacksonville, NC

Comments about KONG Wobbler Dog Toy:

After adopting a 2 year old lab we noticed that she was digging holes in the back yard. Very big holes. I was recommended this kong by a women at petsmart and I am forever grateful.

We have had the Kong for 4 months now and it still looks brand new, Our dog, Lily, chews on in everyday. For a treat we still peanut butter in the inside and she will sit and lick and chew the toy for hours.

When we let her outside for excersize she runs around with it. It has been left outside for days and there are no signs of weather damage (sun or rain). Its bright red so we are able to spot in in the grass.

I recommend this kong to anyone who has a hiper dog as well as puppys. I think our dog is still teething a little and this seems to help with that, She no longer chews on our shoes or other household items either.

the price is a little high and I was very specticale of buying a toy not knowing if she would enjoy it. There are many different sizes, so maybe start out small!

Also before filling the kong with any foods, check to make sure they are ok to give to dogs!!

Kong Wobbler Dog Toy = Happy Puppy

from Garden Grove, CA

Comments about KONG Wobbler Dog Toy:

Lily, a seven months old pomapoo (pomeranian poodle mix) is the newest addition to my family. With her vivacious, sweet and playful personality, Lily fits right in with my family and we absolutely adore her. As a result of all the love towards our little puppy, Lily has grown to have anxiety issues when we leave her alone during the day while we are at work. She constantly cries, yelps and acts extremely needy often leading her to act out by chewing up her potty pad or digging constantly into the carpet in one spot.

The solution to her behavior issues has been the Kong Wobbler Dog Toy. We purchased the mini Kong toy and we fill it with mini treats, etc. for her to play with and snack on while the humans are out to work or running errands. She occupies herself nicely with kong and is not as distracted and anxious when we leave the house. When we return hours later, Lily will still be playing with the toy. It is durable and can withstand her chewing.

Sturdy toy

from Pickerington, OH

Comments about KONG Wobbler Dog Toy:

This is a great dog toy. My husband and I have two german shepherds and a yorkshire terrier and we had been unable to find anything that they could have without destroying it until we found this. We love that they come in different sizes. We were able to get our yorkie a small one that she could chew on and the two shepherds each a big one. The rubber is very tough and durable and bounces too to provide additional fun. They chase it all day and I don't worry about them biting off pieces of it and choking on it. It is also nice because when we leave to go to work we are able to leave this toy with them. We fill it up with peanut butter and put dog treats in it for them. It keeps them busy until we get home and gives us peace of mind to know that they are chewing on the kong instead of on our furniture. The only frustrating thing is that the inside of it is not easy to clean at all. I have to get a toothbrush and scrub it out to get the peanut butter out of it that gets stuck inside.