Other Dog Toys:
KONG
KONG Wobbler Dog Toy

KONG Wobbler Dog Toy

For the New Puppy!

I bought this product years ago when my German Shepard was a pup, in the beginning I did not know how to use it and the pup just chewed it. It is very durable and the trick is to stuff a treat, peanut butter, the special paste you can buy into the small hole and the pup will vigorously gnaw on the toy trying to free the treat. It last forever, still looks new but I later had an American Bulldog that would chew through ridiculous things and I put this toy away. If we acquired the Bulldog from pup age then I think it would have been ok but the age we received him, although still a pup his play and bite was already developed.

The special paste I was referring to comes from the brand, I never bought that but they do have these nuggets or bites that fit into the toy and those were appealing enough to keep the dog busy. This was a good buy because it kept the dog busy and I think buying a lot of chew toys helped prevent the chewing of our shoes, bags, CDs, etc...all the other things pups will find around the house and try to chew on.

Its really durable and easy to clean, you can just rinse it out or if you left it too long then just soak it in water for a little bit.

Good but Hard to Clean

The Kong Wobbler Dog Toy is great in theory, but when it comes down to it, isn't all that practical.  The biggest issue I have with it is that my dog can't seem to get all the goodies out of the toy and ends up leaving a slobbery mess behind.  And of course, if you don't clean it out right away, it's going to get nasty and mold.  Just make sure you wash it out as soon as the doggy is done and you should be fine.  I was impressed with the durability of this dog toy, though.  My 100 lb lab retriever mix hasn't been able to tear it up.  Seems to be the perfect size for him.  It is really hard plastic though, so be careful if you have a dog that likes to toss his toys around the house - he may end up breaking something!  I know our dog can get a bit rough with his toys.   All in all, a decent dog toy that is pricey, but sort of a good investment.  It at least keeps the doggy busy for a long while.

recommended product

from NY

About Me Long-time Pet Owner

Pros

• Dog Likes It
  • Tough

• Active Dogs

Comments about KONG Wobbler Dog Toy:

I am a big fan of the Kong products as they seem to last longer than most toys. This wobbler is well made and has held up well to my pitbull who likes to carry it around and move it from place to place while playing. It has lots of scratches from her teeth but it has not effected the toy itself. This gives her mental stimulation and we are able to fill it with a variety of treats. We have also used this to put her food it as she tends to eat fast and this slows her down. It holds her attention and she enjoys it. The only downfall is that it is weighted so it is a bit heavy and so dropping it can be an issue (as well as knocking it against furniture). It is easy to clean and although it doesn't hold much, it lasts a good amount of time.

For the New Puppy!

from Greater-Chicagoland

About Me Long-time Pet Owner

Pros

• Dog Likes It
    • Easy to Clean
    • Fun
    • Safe
    • Tough

• Active Dogs
      • Smaller Dogs

Your Dog Will Be Amazed With The KONG Wobbler

from Pittsburgh, PA

Comments about KONG Wobbler Dog Toy:

I wasn't sure of the KONG Wobbler would be a hit with my large breed dogs because of the size of it; I was worried it wouldn't be large enough for them or that they would tear it apart in a couple of days. Likewise I thought that it would be too large for my smaller dog to be able to handle or move around.

The large dogs prefer to it hit or whack it with their paws and watch it move around but they will eventually knock it over, hold it down and work on getting the treat or treats out of the inside of it. The small dog treats it like it is an actual toy and could care less if there is something inside it.

I bought one of these because I wasn't sure how the dogs were going to react to it; that was about two years ago and they still haven't managed to put a dent in it. If they do end up destroying it I will probably buy them another one but they didn't go bonkers for this one. They play with it but it doesn't keep them as amused as other KONG products.

Puppy enjoys finding treats

Comments about KONG Wobbler Dog Toy:

I bought this for my puppy. We bought the medium size. It will certainly grow with him. His food fits in it as well as small training treats. His regular little bones do not fit however. At first he had no interest in it, but once I showed him how to use it (knocking it over and what not) he loved his surprise treats. With that said, poor puppy can not figure out how to make it work on his own! I've shown him again and again. That isn't Kong's fault that I have a slow puppy. He loves it just can't figure it out on his own.
      I love that it is dishwasher safe and incredibly durable. Especially since we have had some kong toys destroyed within minutes. Good toy to entertain dog with when one can't watch dog like a hawk at all times and safe! Will fit up to 2 cups of food in it, easier to use when there is more food in it as well. Small enough to fit in kennel in a pinch and not enough time to feed puppy.

Fantastic toy for a puppy!!

from Lebanon, TN

Comments about KONG Wobbler Dog Toy:

We had a new pet store come into town and I was looking for something to keep my new puppy busy. She suggested the Kong wobbler toy and said I could put treats or even her food in it. I told her ok I would try it. One of the best toys I could have bought. It is not only entertaining for her but for me also. I love to watch her bat at it time and time to get it's surprises out. Sometimes it is as good as watching a comedy show on TV. I told the lady when I went back to the store, thank you, thank you. The Kong suggestion was wonderful. I would suggest this toy to anyone who has a puppy or dog. (Suggestion: Honey nut Cheerios or regular Cheerios are great to put in it, my puppy loves them and the vet did approve the regular Cheerios).

Dog was afraid of it.

Comments about KONG Wobbler Dog Toy:

I originally intended that this toy be for my youngest pup Koby, but he was a extremely terrified of it. Koby doesn't like to chew his food. We call him the vacuum dog because he basically inhales his kibble. We knew that eating their kibble to fast can cause bloating, so we wanted something that would force him to eat slowly. We bought this wobbler toy not to fill with treats, but to fill with kibble, so he could knock the toy around and get a few pieces of kibble at a time. When we filled it with food, and set it in front of him, all he could do was bark at it. He was deathly afraid of it and wouldn't even touch it. After a while, Koby still didn't use the toy, so it was presented to my older dog. He on the other hand, was no afraid. He knocked it around and was glad that this toy produced food. I was disappointed that I was not able to use the toy as I intended, but glad that I didn't have to waste the toy because another one of my dogs loved it.

Great entertainment!

from Ankeny, IA

Comments about KONG Wobbler Dog Toy:

I got this for my dog because he didn't seem to be very interested in entertaining himself. The original kong was good, but it didn't keep him entertained for very long as he cleaned it out quickly. However, this product was great at keeping him busy and entertained. It was more challenging that the original balls with holes that he played with before. You can put any kind of treats or food in it. It is also easy to wash which is a plus!

Durable interactive toy and easy to clean!

Comments about KONG Wobbler Dog Toy:

This is more durable than most treat dispensing toys. And even better, it opens up to clean (which most treat dispensing toys don't do) and is dishwasher safe! I just wish they made a version where the hole is higher up on the toy, making it harder for the dogs to get the food out. My dogs can empty it out fairly quickly.

Someone else mentioned that it gets moldy if you don't clean it right away. I haven't found that to be the case. I use regular kibble and don't clean it after every time I fill it (since I use it almost every day). Plus, it's easy to just stick in the dishwasher anyway.

My dogs can chew through a lot of toys, but this one has stayed in one piece!

Best toy to keep dogs busy

from Glendale, CA

Comments about KONG Wobbler Dog Toy:

We have a 13 year old chow/cattle dog mix that has always been full of energy. Through the years we have purchased quite a lot of dog toys and treats. We have never been very successful with soft toys, especially if they squeak. It takes our dog only minutes sometimes to rip open a brand new toy and find that little plastic squeaker inside. I have, with some success, removed the squeaker myself and sewn it shut before presenting it to him... obviously a hassle I would rather not deal with.

This brings us to our dogs favorite toy, and ours as well. We have had the same kong for the entire life of our dog. That is saying a lot since it is the only toy we own that is out all the time. The best way to use it, and his favorite of course, is to put a treat inside. It keeps him busy for a long time, and the end result of his work is a tasty treat. He plays with it without treats as well. It is easy to wash, and incredibly durable. The word "Kong" is used more in our daily household talk as anything else we live with.

This toy saved my backyard!!

from Jacksonville, NC

Comments about KONG Wobbler Dog Toy:

After adopting a 2 year old lab we noticed that she was digging holes in the back yard. Very big holes. I was recommended this kong by a women at petsmart and I am forever grateful.

We have had the Kong for 4 months now and it still looks brand new, Our dog, Lily, chews on in everyday. For a treat we still peanut butter in the inside and she will sit and lick and chew the toy for hours.

When we let her outside for excersize she runs around with it. It has been left outside for days and there are no signs of weather damage (sun or rain). Its bright red so we are able to spot in in the grass.

I recommend this kong to anyone who has a hiper dog as well as puppys. I think our dog is still teething a little and this seems to help with that, She no longer chews on our shoes or other household items either.

the price is a little high and I was very specticale of buying a toy not knowing if she would enjoy it. There are many different sizes, so maybe start out small!

Also before filling the kong with any foods, check to make sure they are ok to give to dogs!!