View more all in one printers

3.1

3.1

Pros

Cons

Kodak ESP 3250 All-in-one is the only printer you will ever need

Kodak ESP 3250 All-in-one InkJet Printer is the only printer that you will ever need! We just purchased ours in December 2010, during the after Christmas sales. We were looking to replace our printer that recently stopped printing. We compared the various prices of the printers that were available. And compared the prices of the replacement ink that it would later need. I am a homeschool mother so I print out worksheets and lesson plans a lot. So we were looking for something that would be helpful to us. That is when we noticed the Kodak All-in-one printer. After looking at the prices of the ink, we knew that we had the perfect printer. The ink is half as much as the ink that we had bought for our other printer. After bringing it home and plugging it up, it did have a paper jam. So I went online to Kodak and found out how to solve it. After installing the drive,etc we tested it out by printing out a lesson plan sheet, which it printed perfectly. We then opened the flip lid to make a copy of it. In order to use the copy and scan functions, you simply use the keypad and screen located on the printer. They both worked without any problems. The only downside to this printer is that it didn't come with a USB cord, which we just used the one we had before. And it does get a paper jam every now and then.

Not worth the money

Grrrrr. This printer frustrates me. I purchased my printer less than a month ago, and have been having issues with it for the past two weeks. The color printing does not work properly. It only worked for the first two weeks of me owning the printer. My printer will not print yellow or gray tones. I have ran all of the suggested maintenance and cleaning procedures that Kodak has suggested and I haven't seen any improvement. It seems as though something is wrong with the printhead. I do not think I should have to replace a part in my printer when it is so new.

The plus side to this printer is that the ink is inexpensive as compared to other ink cartridges. I am not sure if it will actually save me money in the long run because the ink needs replaced so frequently. I have already had to buy more ink and have only owned my printer for one month. In my experience with other printers, the ink typically would last three or more months.

Long review short, I would definitely not recommend this printer to anyone!

Oh... and another downside is the printer will not even let you attempt to print when the ink is low. My printer went from printing just fine (in black only) to saying my ink needed replaced and not allowing me to print. I like to actually see the fade-out of ink on my printed documents, so I know that it is truly time to replace the ink.

Discontinued for a reason!

Comments about Kodak All-In-One Printer:

When working, it's a decent printer. The maintenance, price, and unreliability are the problems. Got the job done. Best for someone who didn't have a lot of printing to do.

When running, it performed the tasks needed well, a few snags along the way, but it ran.

Ink/Paper Use
I am a couponer, so I print a lot. It seemed as if I was changing ink every month, paper every few days! I had to run test pages because sometimes the ink wouldn't go properly- HUGE sucker with those pages!

For getting the job done, it was really easy to use, self explanatory, will work for anybody. However, it jammed a lot, I would have to un jam almost every print job I had!

The outer layer can survive any situation it's placed in, the only difficulties are the inside. It seemed like parts weren't working right, or I'd have to replace them or fix them a lot.

The overall design was well put together. Aesthetically pleasing. Bulky, but easy to fit in spaces.

Horrible ink thirsty printer

from San Antonio, TX

Comments about Kodak All-In-One Printer:

I normally don’t let advertising influence my purchasing decisions, but I was swayed by the Kodak printer advertisements that claimed that the Kodak ESP 3250 cost much less to buy ink cartridges. I needed a new printer and everyone knows it is the ink costs that end up costing you a fortune in the long run.

Sadly, the WORST part of this printer is the ink costs. Yes, each cartridge might be fairly inexpensive, but they don’t last long AT ALL. I kept track one time and a black cartridge only lasted me 99 pages and the color one only printed 50 pages (not 50 photos, 50 text documents with some color in them). So, in truth this printer costs a fortune to keep inked. Plus you can’t buy compatible cartridges (or they aren’t any cheaper) and none of the recycling companies want the old cartridges.

Also, this printer jams all the time. It frequently pulls two or three pages through at once and crumples the pages or prints part on each page. It is almost impossible to do double sided printing without feeding each page through individually (unless you want your pages out of order) because it pulls two or three pages through at once.

After a short time I bought an HP laser printer and just use this for the occasional scan or copy job. The laser printer prints about 2000 pages on a single cartridge and a replacement toner cartridge (generic) cost less than 3 times as much (meaning ink on the Kodak costs about 7 times more, pre page- not including the wasted time and paper when the Kodak feeds wrong or crumples the page and you have to reprint).

• Ink/Paper Use:

Summarize this product in one sentence.

from Brigham City, UT

Comments about Kodak All-In-One Printer:

bought this because i was buying a computer and it came with the printer for 75 percent off the original price so i got it. i think now i should of spent more and bought a better one. it does well for printing coupons and smal documents but other then that its not that great. its bulky to wish it was smaller, its also loud stating up and printing. i do alot at night when my kids are asleep and sometimes i hold off just because it is loud and i dont want to wake them. when i get the chance will be replacing this one.

• Ink/Paper Use:

Gets the job done, but there are better ones out there.

Comments about Kodak All-In-One Printer:

My old printer died and we needed one ASAP but that was also affordable and this is what we ended up getting. The price was good and it does also do scanning and copying, which is nice. The main thing that irks me is that if color cartridge is out of ink but the black cartridge is full, even if you want to print something in black and white it won't let you! I don't understand that at all. Also, sometimes it doesn't pull the paper in straight so everything prints kind of crooked. And I have had more paper jams than I have ever had with this printer. They are easy to fix, but its a pain to deal within the first place.

Gets the job done, but I probably wouldn't recommend for large printing jobs due to sometimes crooked printing.

Copy Quality
I don't have any complaints, but I have never actually printed pictures yet so I can't say how it does for those. I would hope though since it is Kodak, which is a camera company, that it would print a good picture!

Ink/Paper Use
Uses ink faster than I'd like but way better than the Dell printer I used to have. I HATE how it won't let you do anything though if one of the cartridges is out. That has caused problems for me more than once.

Have had a couple paper jams, but they are easy to clean out.

So far, so good. I've moved with it a couple times and it still works like when I bought it.

It's not the smallest printer, but I do like the way it looks. and It folds up nicely too.

• Ink/Paper Use:

This printer eats ink when I'm sleeping.

from Milaca, MN

Comments about Kodak All-In-One Printer:

I purchased the kodak ESP 3250 recently.I stood in the store and debated for a while over the many similar printers to choose from.It really was the price of ink refills that pushed me towards the Kodak.I also had faith and experience with the name.I have had to edit my review now that the printer and I have been together for a while.See below

Ink/Paper Use
Eats, lives, and breathes ink.

What I did not know was that when this printer is out of ink, it will not scan . Period. I think that was really poor designing.

not recommended

from Idaho Falls, ID

Comments about Kodak All-In-One Printer:

I saw the infomercial on the Kodak Easy Share printer and it looked like it would be perfect to fit my needs. My wife does a lot of photo editing and I already have a Kodak digital camera so to have a printer that would access my photos with easy and also be able to print off photo quality pictures sounded wonderful. Since the day I received my printer until it finally quit working completely about 2 weeks ago it has been nothing but a frustration. First of all is prints really slow. It would take forever just to get a document printed that was only a few pages long. Also every time I would turn my computer on it would always open a window saying the printer was detected and I would have to go to the hassle of closing that window. I know it is more of a nuisance than anyhting but if I had any pictures to upload etc then I could access the printer. Just very annoying to have it ask all the time. I must give them credit for it living up to the claim that ink is cheaper. That was a benefit of it, when the ink needed to be refilled it didn't break the piggy bank. Other complaints I have with this printer are that the paper would jam all the time and that it is extremely noisy. My in house office is next to my sons room and I would be afraid to print something at night if my boy was already in bed for fear of waking him up. So if you don't mind the noise and slow print jobs then I guess this would be an alright choice for a printer for you. As for me, I will not buy another on.

Kodak Printer Doesn't Really Save You Money!

from Greenville, SC

Comments about Kodak All-In-One Printer:

My family was in the market for a new printer. While shopping I debated between buying the Kodak printer and a Hewlitt Packard printer. I had owned a Hewlitt Packard printer for about seven years and had loved it and never really had any problems with it. The only drawback to it was the cost of the ink. I decided to buy the Kodak printer because the ink was so much cheaper. I have regretted it ever since. The paper is always jamming on this printer. It seems like I am always replacing the ink in it. On my HP printer I could go for months without replacing the ink cartridge and when the color ink ran out or the black ink ran out the printer would continue to print. It would keep printing until all the ink ran out and would even continue trying to print even after the ink ran out. On this Kodak printer I have had to replace the black and the color cartridge both within a very short period of time and the black is almost out again. Also we don't print a whole lot on this printer, probably less than we used the HP. When this printer runs out of ink there is nothing you can do to make it print. If the color is out you can't change the settings and make it print in black. If the black is out you cannot make it print in color. It completely locks itself up until you replace the empty cartridge. So my suggestion to you is if you buy this printer be sure you keep a spare color and a spare black cartridge on hand because you never know when it's going to decide its out of ink and if you really need something printed out - tough - unless you run to the store or have spares on hand. Even though the ink is cheaper it's really not cheaper because you have to replace the ink more often and you have to keep a color cartridge in that has some ink in it even if you never print in color, never want to print in color or could care less about color. Oh how I wish I had gone with the HP!! I sure do miss my wonderful little all-in-one HP printer!

• Ink/Paper Use:

From Coupons to High Quality Photos I love My Kodak!

from Jacksonville, FL

Comments about Kodak All-In-One Printer:

I am a photographer. That being said, I demand high quality prints from my printers. The Kodak ESP 3250 All in One Printer is an inexpensive,easy way to meet many of my printing needs. For starters, wherever the name Kodak is, You pretty much know you are going to get quality color prints, And I have never been let down, not even once. My cameras are all canons and I do have some professional canon printers as well. But, everyday life calls and I am also a daily coupon printer- I needed a printer where the ink was inexpensive and it was easy to use. I can afford the ink without having to change each color as it dries up. There is a black cartridge which costs about 10 bucks and a color one that is around 13.00. They are So easy to replace as well. I can scan,copy,print documents,photos,coupons,my son's homework,my clients contracts ect. My Kodak ESP 3250 is indeed an all around printer! I havent had any issues with the printhead breaking - In the past I had the earlier model and it did that often. This one here I have had 2 years and use every single day and i have not had one single issue. Kodak listened to the consumers and put out a higher quality printer this time around. From a professional photographer and couponaholic Kodak is the way to go!

This Kodak Printer is a joke!

from Craigsville, WV

Comments about Kodak All-In-One Printer:

I purchased this product because it offered an all in one, and because the ink was suppossed to cost significantly less than other brands. I was dissapointed right off the bat because the software had a problem which the manufacturer took their sweet time in fixing. Then it seemed to print very little for an entire ink cartridge. After about my seventh purchase of ink I realise that I am not saving on ink because it just takes MORE than the other available printers. You have to change the ink cartridges very frequently and now the black ink doesnt want to print at all. I have serviced it and alligned the print heads, performed the suggested maintenance tasks, cleaned the print head and even put in a whole new black ink cartridge and it is still not printing correctly. Faded lines, missing lines, etc. I have emailed Kodak about this problem and the only response I get is to perform maintenance tasks under the help menu. I would not recommend this product to anyone.

I LOVE this printer!

from Vine Grove, KY

Comments about Kodak All-In-One Printer:

I recently got this printer to replace another brand. I was thrilled with the quality of print and the quality on photos. I have printed a lot of photos and a lot of paper items and the ink lasted for a very long time. When I went to purchase more ink, I was pleasantly surprised on the cost of the new ink cartridges. Set up of the printer was incredibly easy. For the price I paid for the printer and the quality of the prints, I would highly recommend this printer!