3.6

KitchenAid Superba Side-by-Side Refrigerator

3.6

KitchenAid superba refrigerator

poor quality

The plastic used on the interior drawers and slides is brittle and breaking with opening and closing of drawers. the plastic vent piecse along the bottom of the fridge keeps falling off, and this morning as my husband was doing his daily reattachment of that piece, a piece of the plastic broke off. CHEAP!!! we've had this less than 5 years. frustrating!

• Noise Level:
  • Interior Organization:
  • Temperature Control:

It looks beautiful in my kitchen, and it's a great appliance.

from Concord, NH

Comments about KitchenAid Superba Side-by-Side Refrigerator:

The Kitchen Aid Superba refrigerator is my favorite appliance.  The ice and filtered water dispenser on the outside is so handy (but it has a lock on it for when the grandchildren visit).  It looks great in my kitchen.  The shelves slide out, making for easy access.  The freezer has baskets, and since I love to organize, it makes me happy.  I wish the outside were easier to clean....it really does require a product specially made for stainless steel, and I'm used to using a window cleaner on all appliances....but the good news is that it seldom needs cleaning (not sure how that happens).  The door holds a lot of products, and it seems to be designed to use the most of every inch of space.

It's a tiny bit taller than my previous refrigerator, which meant a cupboard had to be taken out and reinstalled, but it was worth it.  I highly recommend this refrigerator.  I will go out of my way to find other Kitchen Aid products from now on.

I love this Kitchenaid fridge!

from Lancaster, CA

Comments about KitchenAid Superba Side-by-Side Refrigerator:

I LOVE the way this fridge looks!!! It is sooo nice! It is completely stainless steel on the front, no black and completely stainless steel on the sides! It looks so classy and clean! I love all the shelves it has and there is a lot of room. I really like that the ice maker can be pulled out and it is on the door. It makes getting ice out so much more convenient! The only really bad thing I have realized about this fridge is the ice problem. I always seems to have white flakes in the ice cubes. It is very gross and I can't figure out the problem. I don't know if it's the fridge, or my water. Oh and another small annoyance is the light that notifies you that the water needs to be changed just goes red every 6 months, it really doesn't go by when the "filter" has been used 100%. We rarely actually use the water and ice so I know the filter does not need to be changed as often as it says it does, and that red light gets annoying! But other than that I love this fridge and you will too!

Poor quality for this name brand

from Charlotte, NC

Comments about KitchenAid Superba Side-by-Side Refrigerator:

Very poor quality. The compresor broke down after 6 years. My old GE lasted 15 years and this one is already broke. Also the bottom shelve next to the vent was always freezing stuff it they were to close to the vent. I'll never buy Kitchen Aid.

KitchenAid Superba Lasts

from Denver, CO

Comments about KitchenAid Superba Side-by-Side Refrigerator:

What a great refrigerator this is! I've had the KitchenAid Superba for more than ten years, and I have never had any issues with it. Well, no major issues anyway. The ice clumps together in the ice maker, and the drawers in the freezer limit the shelving spce, though they are convenient catch-alls. Nonetheless, the KitchenAid Superba seems like a really well-made appliance.

I actually have the white version rather than the stainless steel; the stainless steel looks sharp, but they also charge more for that veneer. And this is not a cheap refrigerator to begin with. It has loads of capacity, though, and I can even fit in the majority of the Christmas leftovers even with my regular groceries inside.

The KitchenAid Superba is also a quiet-running refrigerator. I've never noticed any particular cold spots, either. The water from the dispenser also comes out nice and cold as well as very clean-tasting. Overall, this is a good investment.

Good fridge with a few drawbacks.

from Naperville, IL

Comments about KitchenAid Superba Side-by-Side Refrigerator:

I bought this fridge about two year ago. It has served our family well however, there are a few things I wish were different. The over all appearance is lovely. The fridge looks modern and sleek. The stainless steel though is very smooth and therefore nearly impossible to get a streak free clean on regardless of which stainless steel cleaner you use. I have two GE Profile items and their stainless steel has a little texture to it and it is much easier to clean and stays decent looking much longer. Also, the black water dispenser is made of plastic which is fine except frequent calcium deposits from water splash over occur. This means you need to clean this area frequently with CLR to avoid a gross white residue on the catch tray. The inside of the fridge is spacious but does not allow for easy storage of large items like, cookie sheets, pizzas, appetizer platters and so forth. In hindsight we would have been better off with a three-way-opening fridge but this fridge is still great just some minor drawbacks.

Its a great fridge

from Waterford, NY

Comments about KitchenAid Superba Side-by-Side Refrigerator:

Yes this Kitchen Aid Superba refriderator is great. The Kitchen Aid superba refirderator keeps our food cool and fresh. The freezer also works great , and keeps our food at the right temperachure. We can store a lot in the refriderator and the freezer. The ice and water machine work very well. It has a built in ice cube maker and cold wather thing. The price of the refriderator was expensive but sure worth the price. The only thing I am not too happy about with this refiderator is that you can't put magnets on it. Other then that, the refriderator makes me very happy. The storage shelfs inside are very helpful. There is room down on the bottom door of the refirderator for 8 sodas. It keeps the sodas very cool. I always notice that I have enough room for all my food. I have never had any room issues with fitting food. Many of my friends always give me good compliments on my nice refriderator.