Other Lip Cares:
Kiehl's Lip Balm #1

Kiehl's Lip Balm #1

Pros

Cons

Kiehl's Lip Balm #1 for super soft lips.

Some days I get lucky and Viewpoints increases my chances of getting lucky with their Monday Funday Giveaways. I was chosen to receive a tube of Kiehl's Lip Balm #1 and it couldn't have come at a better time with all of the cold and windy weather as well the drying out effect of using a woodstove.

**From Kiehl's: **

"SPF 4 Sunscreen Petroleum Skin Protectant"

"Temporarily protects and helps relieve chapped or cracked lips."

Does it work? Yes!

**My impressions of using Kiehl's Lip Balm #1:**

When you first apply this it will feel greasy, almost like a thinner Vaseline. It takes about 10 minutes to abosrb into your lips and then right away your lips will feel hydrated, healthier and softer. I noticed even the next morning after using it that my lips still felt sweet.

**Kiehl's Lip Balm ingredients:**

octinoxate (sunscreen) and petrolatum along with other inactive ingredients such as lanolin and aloe

Kiehl's comes in a .5 fl. oz. tube and it is made in the U.S.A.

**My wish list for Kiehl's:**

I am glad this lip protectant has sun screen (SPF 4) but I wish it was an even higher SPF like 15. Also, the end of the tube has a hole but a slanted top for easier application to the lips would be super.

Kiehl's Lip Balm #1 has excellent moisture for winter

Kiehl’s Lip Balm #1 is great for the winter.  I recently discovered it with a little kit of Kiehl’s from QVC.  I had read some reviews about Kiel’s in general and was ready to give it a try.  I have this lip balm in the original unscented.  It doesn’t have any sort of smell and does remind me a little of Vaseline, which is to be expected since this product contains petroleum jelly.  It is a little thicker than Vaseline, and I like the fact that it is in a tube.  The packaging is very basic, as is a trademark of the Kiehl’s brand.  The tube opening doesn’t have an applicator, so it lends itself to a finger application.  I like the product in general it has a little sunscreen with a spf 4 and isn’t sticky at all.  It does leave my lips soft and is a no-nonsense lip balm.  My boyfriend even used it without complaint when he had left his trusty Chapstick at home.  I don’t think he has any plan on switching to this though.  Kiehl's Lip Balm #1 has excellent moisture for winter, isn’t sticky and doesn’t have a scent or color.  A nice basic lip balm.

EDIT:  The packaging without an applicator has left me not wanting to grab this product in months.  I know it feels good on, but the packaging doesn't make me want to reach for this product and the lack of scent isn't very fun.

Awesome lip balm

Comments about Kiehl's Lip Balm #1:

A couple of years ago I decided to purchase a hair cream from Kiehl's due to reading a great review for it. I needed to increase the price of my order a little bit more in order to get free shipping so I opted for the lip balm #1. Since this initial purchase I have purchased the lip balm along with the scented versions multiple times. I love giving these as gifts because I know what a great product I am giving. This lip balm keeps my lips from getting chapped and I have used it on my kids lips when they are chapped with fantastic results. The balm is not greasy at all. It goes on smoothly and soaks right into your lips, leaving the lips shining and healthy looking. Lip balm #1 has no color or odor. It has a pleasant taste and scent. If you want to branch out, I also love every flavored version that I have tried but I think mint is my favorite. Even though the price is a little bit hefty for a lip balm it is well worth it and will last you months. This is such a great natural product.

Kiehl's Lip Balm is not all it's worked up to be.

from Old Westbury, NY

Comments about Kiehl's Lip Balm #1:

I am a huge Kiehls fan. I love their moisturizers and serums. But I'm not a huge fan of the infamous lip balm. It's basically an over priced vaseline. It does hydrate the lips and give a nice shine, but is it worth the high price? I'm not sure about that. I tried using it as a base before I put on lipstick, but it was too slippery. I think I'm better off with my burts bees for that. I haven't tried the different flavored/scented balms, but if you're thinking of getting the original Lip balm, consider going to the drugstore and getting a tube of vaseline for a fraction of the price.

Kiehl's Lip Balm #1 Was Great!

from Laurel, MS

Comments about Kiehl's Lip Balm #1:

Kiehl's, which has been around since 1851, is famous because of word-of-mouth (they don't advertise). The packaging is very simple, typically white jars, bottles or tubes with black lettering. The family-owned company was bought by L'Oreal in 2000, but L'Oreal plans to continue the discreet marketing of the products. For example, a new Kiehl's was opened in San Francisco without any hoopla.

Kiehl's is famous for being generous with samples. Stores that carry Kiehl's products typically have a big jar or basket filled with samples that you are free to take. Don't have a store near you? At the end of the review is a phone number you can call to score some!

Kiehl's Lip Balm, maybe not #1, but still pretty good.

from Wayne, OH

Comments about Kiehl's Lip Balm #1:

I won this as a Monday Funday free sample, but due to personal mail problems, I got it a bit late, so my review is quite late, unfortunately.

Since I didn't get the sample until somewhat recently, I've only had the occasion to use it twice. But I can definitely say I'll continue using it.

The couple times I've used it it *has* made my lips soft pretty quickly and I like that it has SPF in it. That's always a plus.

The fact that it's just like Vaseline is only a small con for me, but the thing I really didn't like was that there's no applicator. I can't imagine the inconvenience of taking ti with you and havig to use your finger to apply it. Not a big problem for home use, but not something I want when I'm out and about.

Despite that problem, it does seem to work well, so I'd have no problem recomending it to others.

Kiehl's Lip Balm #1 works great

from Holly Springs, NC

Comments about Kiehl's Lip Balm #1:

Kiehl's Lip Balm #1 works great making my lips soft and relieving pain of my cracked lips. I really like that it has a sunscreen protection. I will use it in the future not only during cold weather, but in the summer time too.

Kiehl's lip balm #1 works great but is pricey

from Augusta, GA

Comments about Kiehl's Lip Balm #1:

The Kiehl's lip balm #1 works great and doesn"t have a scent. I think it worked great on my chapped lips. It worked just as good as my other lip balms. But in my opinion it's a little pricey especally when it is so similar to vaseline. I'm still on the fence as to if I would but this agian cause of price.

Kiehl's lip balm worked wonderfully.

from Kenosha, WI

Comments about Kiehl's Lip Balm #1:

This lip balm truly moisturize my lips very well, since I have very dry lips. At first when I recieved it, I tryed it and to my surprized, I couldn't believe how good my lips felt. It did prevent my lips from becoming dry and chapped, which is a very good thing. I feel that there isn't a strong scent, so I can use it has offen as I would like. This lip balm I feel is much better to many that I have tryed, and by the way, I have tryed many. I would for sure purchase Kiehl's Lip Balm, and I would for sure tell all my friends and family about this. If you are looking for a very good and lasting lip balm, this is the one I would say to buy. You won't be sorry that you purchased it, but I will say that if you don't purchase it, than I would have to say that now you will be sorry that you didn't give this one a chance to prove itself to you. It goes on very smooth, and it is inexpensive and worth every penny. Also you can take it with you.

fabulous!

from Crawfordville, FL

Comments about Kiehl's Lip Balm #1:

Kiehl's Lip balm is honestly just fabulous!...I have used many different lip balms in the past but I will never use anything but Kiehl's from now on! I am an older lady so my lips stayed dry but now they are soft and look more plump than before. I love everything about this product and would highly recommend it !

Kiels Lip Balm #1 was great!

from Nixa, MO

Comments about Kiehl's Lip Balm #1:

My experience with Kiehls Lip balm #1 was very good. It applied much better than the stick balms which is nice when you have chapped lips. There was very little taste or smell which is another thing i like about it. I will definitely use it in the future.

Kiehl's Lip Balm #1 was disappointing

from Kansas City, MO

Comments about Kiehl's Lip Balm #1:

I was excited to try this product, but I was disappointed with the results. It didn't have an applicator and was very messy to apply. I don't like putting lip balm on my finger and then on my lips. It seemed to have the consistency of vaseline, and that's what I felt like I was putting on my lips. It was too thick and goopy for my taste.