Other Lip Cares:
C.O. Bigelow
C.O. Bigelow Mentha Lip Shine/Breath Freshener #502

C.O. Bigelow Mentha Lip Shine/Breath Freshener #502

Minty fresh, always!

I got this as an X-mas gift from me mum and I have to say that I'm impressed with it.

Normally you couldn't drag me into a bath and body works...Read complete review

Normally you couldn't drag me into a bath and body works without me coughing and gagging, but i might put on one of those SARS masks to get another tube when this one runs out (because that place smells, right?  maybe i'm just crazy).

More addictive than Carmex tm. and much tastier.  It goes on smooth and not sticky--your hair won't get caught up in it.  I got tint No. 1137; it's a very light sortve rose color.

Overall a good product

I have purchased the mentha lip products in the past and I really like the cool mint that works as a temporary breath freshner for you as well as a gloss. The formula is...Read complete review

I have purchased the mentha lip products in the past and I really like the cool mint that works as a temporary breath freshner for you as well as a gloss. The formula is a bit stickly.

I recently made a trip to Bath & Body Works and purchased the holiday edition of this product in "Butterscotch Pudding" which I thought was really unique and had never seen a lip gloss in this flavor. To my surprise when I put it on it still had the stong minty flavor despite having a really sweet butterscotch pudding scent. The combination did not work at all with one another, and if I purchase this product in the future it will be the orginial kind.

Overall I do think it's a good product but I wouldn't pay the asking price for it unless I saw it on sale - there are just too many different kinds of lip products out there for a cheaper price tag and that has the same benefits as this product. I think they are ahead of the competition on the flavor and "breath freshner" quality but not for the feel of the actual product.

SOOTHING AND SMELLS GOOD

from Desoto, TX

Comments about C.O. Bigelow Mentha Lip Shine/Breath Freshener #502:

I buy from Bath and Body Works lip product line, C.O. Bigelow and really enjoy their line of lip gloss and lip colors. There are many times I have put it on and people thought I was eating a mint because it made my lips smell so good. Taste is awesome too.

Refreshing!

from Chicago, IL

Comments about C.O. Bigelow Mentha Lip Shine/Breath Freshener #502:

I've tried the clear and the tinted gloss and it is quite unique. It is made with real mint oil so every time you exhale your breath smells minty fresh. The tube lasts a long time and it makes your lips soft. I bought the red tint & it gives a nice soft hint of color.

Tinted, moisturizing and fresh breath...LOVE IT!

from San Antonio, TX

Comments about C.O. Bigelow Mentha Lip Shine/Breath Freshener #502:

I hate all the flavored lip glosses and the ones that make your lips look so shinny.  Mentha Lips gives my lips a nice natural color and just the right amount of shine and I absolutely love the mint flavor.  Never one big on over whelming flavors etc, this mint is just right to wake up your lips and with a little lick, freshen your breath throughout the day.  They also make it in a balm stick for the guys or those that don't like any gloss at all.

A minty non-sticky lip gloss that lasts through the day

from Hershey, PA

Comments about C.O. Bigelow Mentha Lip Shine/Breath Freshener #502:

The age-old problem of lip gloss- how to find a product that is neither sticky nor too shiny yet longlasting and moisturizing?  I have tried practically every brand of lip gloss, from drugstore finds like Bonnie Bell and NYC Color to department and specialty beauty brands like Benefit and Tarte.

C.O. Bigelow Mentha Lip Shine is by far the best lip gloss I have used.  I apply my lip gloss in the morning, and it practically lasts me through dinner!  The gloss is not sticky or tacky, and it provides just enough shine.  Unlike with other glosses, my hair doesn't stick to my lips, and the gloss doesn't rub off when eating or drinking.  A special bonus with this gloss- it smells great and freshens breath!

I have found that the original C.O. Bigelow Mentha Lip Shine is the best lip gloss in the line.  I have also tried the tinted and flavored versions, but they do not seem to last nearly as long.  I highly recommed this product and will only purchase this gloss from now on.

Best thing I ever used on my lips.

from Louisville, KY

Comments about C.O. Bigelow Mentha Lip Shine/Breath Freshener #502:

I have been using C.O. Bigelow Mentha Lip Shine for a couple of years now and wish I had found it YEARS ago.  My lips have always been very prone to chapping in every season.  Bigelow's Mentha is the only product that coated them in such a way that protected them and let them heal. There is something about the formula of Bigelow Lip Shine that has staying power on your lips, especially in winter.

It adds great shine and a wonderful minty taste that is nice for your breath. It comes in great flavors like soda fountain goodies like sundaes and cream sodas. But the plain mint flavor is just as pleasing.

You can wear Bigelow Mentha Lip Shine by itself for bare, glossy lips or you can apply it on top of your own lipstick.  I find the best way to use it is bare or on top of a good lip stain. That way more of the Bigelow is in contact with your lips and less of the lipstick  which is actually detrimental to many people's lips. A tube lasts a good long time. Mentha Lip Shine is a great value and it works for me!

Peppermint is my favorite!

from Jacksonville, FL

**C.O. Bigelow Mentha Lips**

This is the only lip balm, lip gloss that I've worn in the past few years!  I love this stuff!  It has a tingly feeling when applied (like a icy hot) feeling. It has a wonderful shine and tastes like mint.  Even my husband likes the taste!

Hands down the BEST lip gloss I've ever had

from Chicago, IL

Comments about C.O. Bigelow Mentha Lip Shine/Breath Freshener #502:

C.O. Bigelow isn't a fancy designer makeup brand, but that means it also doesn't have designer prices. I am really picky about my lip gloss because I hate when it's too sticky. I like quality beauty products, but I'm always looking for ways to save money on them.

I went to a huge C.O. Bigelow store for the first time years ago before I had ever heard of the brand. I was immediately impressed by quality packaging and products in the store. I tried a sample of this lip gloss, and it immediately won me over. The lip gloss went on so smoothly and wasn't sticky at all. Still, it was extremely shiny. I was amazed! The **C.O. Bigelow Mentha Lip Shine/Breath Freshener #502 **has a nice natural color that complements my lips. And the best part is the price! There was a special when I was at the C.O. Bigelow store, so I bought 5 tubes at once!! I have one in every purse, and I seriously wear them all the time. I love the minty breath I get when I wear this gloss. I hope I never run out!!

Mentha Lip Shine Is Also A Breath Freshener

from Louisville, KY

Comments about C.O. Bigelow Mentha Lip Shine/Breath Freshener #502:

My lips are always chapped and dry in the winter (whose aren't?), so I am constantly on the lookout for products that will soften and moisturize my lips. Bigelow's Mentha Lip Shine certainly does do that, and it has a really pleasant minty taste. The moisturizing doesn't really last very long at all, though. And the glossy shine is a bit too much for my tastes. I am not a makeup wearer, so when I put this on my lips, you can definitely tell it's on there. It is not at all inconspicuous. I much prefer lip moisturuzers that, when you're wearing them, it doesn't really look like you have anything on.

Still, I suppose the shine wouldn't look as strange on someone who had other makeup on. That's why I've rated this product as average. This is not my favorite, but it's not terrible, and I suppose it could work really well for some people. It's smooth and moisturizing, and it tastes great. So, if you don't mind a little shine, give this product a try.

C.O. Bigelow is perfect

from Wellsville, UT

Comments about C.O. Bigelow Mentha Lip Shine/Breath Freshener #502:

I live in a very dry climate and was having a hard time keeping my lips from chapping. I do not like the pasy feel of chapstick nor the waxy taste so I searched high and low to find something that would suit my wants. I was in Bath and Body Works and saw the tubes of C.O. Bigelow lip gloss and decided to try it.....BINGO! I am hooked. I probably have one of every flavor and I cannot get enought of it. I have a tube in my purse, diaper bag, church bag, van, and all of my girls have them too. (just in case I need to borrow it) It leaves your lips feeling moist and shiny and it tastes really good too. As long as I apply it a few times a day I do not have the problem with the chapped lips. They also make it in light shades of color in case you want to fancy things up a titch, which is a nice change from the usual. I do not wear lipstick and instead use the tinted glosses. Try them....you will love them.

Mentha Lip Shine is the way to go!

from Cayce, SC

Comments about C.O. Bigelow Mentha Lip Shine/Breath Freshener #502:

I really don't wear lipstick, I just don't like the over made up look. But, my lips need something, or I'd look way too washed out. Chapsticks just make me feel dried up, and a lot of lip glosses just come on too sticky, and then look too kiddy. I got the C. O. Bigelow Mentha Lip Shine as a freebie in one of their VIP bags. And, I've been a fan ever since. It comes on with just the right amount of gloss, and it's got this awesome menthonal feel/scent without being too overwhelming. And, it stays pretty glossy for a long time. I usually reapply after eating, and then again when I'm on my way out the door. And, somehow this stuff really works on your breathe! Yeah, I know, WHAT? But, it does! I have a lot of meetings during the day, and I've always been self conscious of my breath. But, with this, you are all set to go! Lips look lovely, breath is fresh, what more could you want! (Also comes in tinted!)