Other Microwave Ovens:
Countertop Microwaves
Kenmore
Kenmore 1.2 cu. ft. Countertop Microwave

Summary

Microwave Configuration: Capacity: 1.2 cu. ft. Heating Type: Microwave Interior Dimensions: 14-11/16 in. W x 9 in. H x 15-5/8 in. D Light(s): Incandescent Performance: Sensor cooking controls Power Levels: 10 Turntable: Non-recessed Watts: 1200 watts Microwave Controls: Clock/Timer: Clock, touch-controlled Digital Display Items: Time, power level, oven function Digital Display Type: 2 line VFD, vacuum fluorescent display Location: Right side Maximum Setting Time: 99 minutes/99 seconds Type: Electronic touch w/digital display Vent: 5 speeds Microwave Settings: Cook: Auto cook (sensor controlled) Custom: Quick TouchTM keys Defrost/Preheat: Express defrost/ auto defrost Extend Cook: Add minute Multi-Setting Cook: Multi-staged cooking One Touch, Foods: Rice,Potato,Popcorn,Frozen entree,Fresh vegetables,Frozen vegetables Sensor Cook: Yes Speed Cook: No Warm/Reheat: Quick touch AUTO REHEAT Power Source: Power Ratings: 1200 watts Requirements: 120V, 60Hz Styling: Door Open/Handle: Push button Door Release: Push button Door Swing: Left hinge, left swing

Kenmore 1.2 cu. ft. Countertop Microwave

Pros

Cons

Good Microwave

from Pittsburgh, PA

Comments about Kenmore 1.2 cu. ft. Countertop Microwave:

I bought this Kenmore Stainless Steel Microwave second-hand on Craigslist when our microwave died about 6 years ago. It worked great during the time that we had it, and I have since given it to a friend whose microwave died. He is still using this, and it works great for him too. Overall, this microwave heats food evenly and quickly. It is easy to use, and it lasts a really long time. It's definitely a good investment. It has a nice, sleek look, and is real stainless steel (not faux stainless steel).

Always worked well. Heats up food quickly and evenly. No problems.

Settings/Features
Pretty basic with a few extras.

Interior cleaning is no problem. Exterior cleaning is a pain as it is with all stainless steel (easily streaks). Windex usually does the trick. Keep the outside clean though. It's a real pain to clean grease buildup off of the stainless steel.

Easy to use. No problems.

Lasts a very long time. Ours has had at least 6 years of life and is still going strong.

Sleek, nice looking design.

Good countertop microwave

Comments about Kenmore 1.2 cu. ft. Countertop Microwave:

I purchased a home two years ago that has its original kitchen which is about fifty years old. So I could not purchase an under the cabinet microwave oven that I had in my previous home. I purchase this microwave oven because of the size and the look. All the new appliances I purchase are stainless steel and this microwave has a nice sleek appearance. The microwave has great features of pop corn button, timer, and all standard functions of a typical microwave oven. This microwave is extremely easy to clean. I wipe down interior of the microwave and the glass plate I either hand wash but it is also dishwasher safe. It does take up a lot of room on the countertop but it is the standard size of any countertop microwave. Good product great price.

Cook and warms food good.

Settings/Features
Many features and options to cook and warm food.

Dishwasher safe glass plate and easy to wipe down interior of microwave.

Sort of great microwave

from Bellflower, CA

Comments about Kenmore 1.2 cu. ft. Countertop Microwave:

We were in the market for a new microwave so we went to home depot and looked around. We saw different kinds, but this was on sale so we settled on this one. It was a little small, as we have a large family. Our old one was way smaller so we decided to just buy this one. At first the microwave was okay, everything heated up nicely. Bigger plates fit in here, but after a month or two, the door hinge broke. We closed the door after microwaving something late at night, and the little hinges that keep the door closed just snapped somewhere on the inside. We had to return the whole thing and decided to try a different brand.

Worked fine for a medium sized microwave.

We didn't get much of a chance to clean since we had it for a short time, but a wipe down was easy enough to do.

Easy enough to use. Buttons were all there.

Door hinges snapped and we had to return. Only lasted a month or two. Not really great in my opinion, and we decided to go with a different brand after that.

Not bad design, except the door open button could use some work.

Fantastic Microwave!

Comments about Kenmore 1.2 cu. ft. Countertop Microwave:

I am a little obsessive when it comes to the design of appliances in my house. They need to be functional and aesthetically pleasing. This one fit the bill! It is light in weight and looks good on my counter top. We, being a large family, also eat a lot of microwave popcorn. The popcorn button is the perfect timer for cooking! A major plus for me. I really like this microwave because it reheats food evenly and quickly. It also defrosts meat much faster than my previous microwave. Another great thing about this microwave is how SILENT it is! I have it positioned near my kitchen TV and I can barely hear it working away! Also, the keypad is rather flat so it is easy to get the grease and other crumbs that can otherwise get stuck and gunky. The one con may be that it was a little on the high side of prices compared to other microwaves, but it is an investment in the Kenmore name!

• Settings/Features:

Love it, actually works for a long time!

from Boise, ID

Comments about Kenmore 1.2 cu. ft. Countertop Microwave:

We've had a lot of crappy microwaves over the years; this one's a keeper.

Heats popcorn with the touch of a button, reheats food evenly, and has a silent feature so you don't wake a sleeping baby.

Settings/Features
It has lots of intuitive buttons, such as "potato," "popcorn," etc. I love that it's so simple to use, yet very sleek and modern looking.

No microwave is easy to clean. I do like how the tray easily fits in the top of my dishwasher, and this makes cleaning slightly easier.

We bought it used at a thrift store. While it came with directions, we never needed them. It's a very user-friendly microwave.

We've brought it through 3 different moves, and we use it daily. So far, it's holding up great and still going strong.

We thought the push button might wear out, but it still works great after 5 years of use.